Chapter Twenty-Two

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Aish, Why did i say that?" Yoona said to herself

"Yoona. Did you say something?"

"Oh. no I didn't. I was just thinking maybe we should...."Yoona drifted off. She couldn't think what else to say. Maybe a distraction is a way to go.

"Ow."She said faking.

Nichkhun abruptly stopped," Yoona is something wrong?"

"Oh. It's nothing. It's just ... Ow." She said rubbing her leg.

"Did you forget to drink your medication?" Nichkhun said worried.

"I don't remember. " She lied.

Nichkhun ran to the nearest bench and set her down. Then he sat down beside her.

"Are you okay now?" , he said looking at her.

"Yeah. I feel a bit better. "Yoona smiled.

Nichkhun sighed in relief," Good. I was worried. "

"You were?" Yoona said surprised.

"Of ccourse." Nichkhun said chuckling.

"Thanks for worrying"she said flashing a smile.

In the distance, she saw the amusement park which reminded of that night with Donghae and her. She couldn't look at the park the same way like before. She leaned on Nichkhun's shoulder.

"Drive me home. " She said slightly smile.

Nichkhun nodded and pulled her up and onto his back.

"You know, you are like someone I can depend on. " she said.

"Like what?" Nichkhun said holding his grip on Yoona tightly.

"Someone close to my heart. " She said flashing him a smile.

"Do you have someone in your heart right now?" He asked suddenly.

Yoona froze and surrounding her was cars passing by making it hard to interpret what he said. " What?"

"Nevermind. " Nichkhun said flustered.

"Uhm, well thank you. " she said awkwardly.

Nichkhun opened the front door of the car and set her on the passenger seat. He closed the door and went on the other side and drove. Nichkhun put on the radio to ease the mood of the car. It was silent and Yoona was gazing out of the side window. He stopped at Yoona's house and even opened the door for her. Yoona slowly got out og the door grabbing her crutches along the way. She waited until he was beside her. Looking at her beauty, he smiled in response. The light breeze blew against the fabric on her skin as she tried to avoid any awkwardness with Nichkhun. Yoona bowed lightly as Nichkhun stuck his hands into his pockets.

"So..."

"Thanks again", Yoona said looking down.

He went up to her and patted her head." No Problem, Yoongie"

Yoona pushed his hand away," You know I hate that name."

He chuckled," Sorry, Well I should get going then."

She nodded silently and slowly started to limp her way back to the house. She hesitated because something was bothering her. Something close to her heart.

Yoona suddenly turned around and found Nichkhun's eyes on her.

"Nichkhun!" she said tilting her head. "I have something to ask you. "
 

"Yeah?" Nichkhun said raising his eyebrows.

"You're not going to leave again right?" Yoona said embarrassed by the question she asked.

He grinned slightly," No, I'm staying. I told you I even bought a house."

Yoona scoffed," I haven't even seen it yet."

Nichkhun smirked and waved.

She was in a daze," What?"

"I have to go. See you later." he said getting into the car.

Yoona watched as he left and she turned around facing her house. She then sees Jessica happily walking out of her house.

She looks at Jessica and huffs. "Why is she here?" Yoona thought in her mind. She waited until Jessica left and then went toward the front door.

She entered the house limping and spots Donghae in the living room watching Television. Donghae eyes lights up when he sees Yoona go into the living room. He got up and tried to lead her to the couch but instead Yoona shakes her head and ignores his offer.

"Yoona. Where are you going?" Donghae sighing.

She turned around annoyed and sighed as well," Upstairs. Why?"

Donghae smirked," How are you going to get up there?"

Yoona seemed to not hear him," What?"Donghae ponits to something behind her revealing the long staircase.

"Oh," Yoona said knowing Donghae was right.Yoona let Donghae lead her to the Couch where she plopped onto. She set her crutches  aside and looked blankly at the television.

 

Donghae glanced at Yoona a few times without getting caught and then finally looks at the television as well.
Yoona was on the couch just mezmerized into thinking.She was thinking about how she saw Jessica all giggling and happy. "What happened? Does he really like her?"

Yoona turned to look at Donghae," Hey, Donghae. Uhm, I saw Jessica. She was here?"

Donghae awkwardly looked at her." Uh,Yea. She needed help unlocking her phone."

She forcefully smiled," Oh, What is she to you?"

"Jessica? Uh, she is a friend. An ex-girlfriend. Someone I known for a while."

"That's alot of things I didn't expect from him about her.", Yoona thought in her mind.

Yoona cleared ," What ... am I to you?"

Donghae was caught by surprised by the question,"Huh?"

Yoona repeated ," What am I to you?"

Donghae looked at into her eyes and he knew he wanted to tell her what he felt but he couldn't speak right," I don't know."

It took her a few seconds to take in what Donghae had said.

"Oh, That's fine. Maybe you just can't think of it on the top of you head."

She forcefully smiled as she got up to leave. His eyes never left her even though she was leaving. She liped up the stairs holding tightly to the rail.
"Stupid Arranged Marriage. Stupid Donghae. Stupid Jessica." She mumbled.

Donghae,Who was still in the living room sighed quietly to himself.
"Why am I like this? Aren't I supposed to hate her? Am i crazy? Whay am i starting to..." He said but got interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing.

He looked at his phone screen: JESSICA


HE smiled as he picked up the phone," Hello?"

"Hey fishy. Thanks for fixing my phone. I'm just so dumb sometimes." She answered on the other line.

Donghae chuckled lightly," It's okay. Friends help friends, right?"

Jessica laughed," Are we going to keep saying that?"

"What do you mean?" Donghae responded confused.

"Oh, nevermind. It was for future reference."

Donghae ignored it,"Uhm, So. Why did you call?"

"Well, I am having a party and i want you to come.", Jessica said shyly.

"Sure. Wait, Yoona has to come." ,Donghae said not forgetting that Yoona was his girlfriend.

"Oh, is she going to be busy?... I heard she was." Jessica said not wanting Yoona to be there.

"You talk to her often?" Donghae questioned.

"Sure..." She lied.

"Uh, I will ask her later then."

"Party  is on tomorrow night. Don't be late."

They hung up and Donghae turned off the television and stretched. He stood up and scratched his head.
He eyed at the stairs and decided to go upstairs as well. Maybe Yoona was awake. Or needed his help.

As he went upstair slowly, he could hear creaking noises where he stepped. He, first went to the guestroom where Yoona regularly slept in but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter