Chapter Twenty-One

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona bit her lip and quietly said to herself," Why did I say this?"

Nichkhun stood up from the chair,?" Did I hear correctly?"

Yoona couldn't face him,"Yes."

"This can't. That guy is such a jerk to you then. Why are you even going to marry him for?"Nichkhun scoffed.

"My dad."

"That's stupid."

"No, it isn't. My dad isn't stupid. You know what happened with my mom." Yoona said with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Yoona...I'm so sorry. I-" Nichkhun said as his expression turned to worried and sincere.

"I know. I know. You didn't mean it. The thing I don't get it is Why say it? I'll forgive you anyways."Yoona said serious.

"Yoona/. Why do this, is what I meant. Aren't you unhappy?"

Yoona sighed deeply." For my dad's happiness."

Nichkhun slowly took steps toward Yoona," Why?"

"My dad was once in love with my mom. Now she's gone. He was in happiness and everytime I saw him, he looked at my mom with love. I just want him to be happy once again and smile more."

Nichkhun sat down on Yoona's bed," Why?"

Yoona started to cry and hit Nichkhun's arm,"Does everything need a reason?"

Nichkhun pats her shoulder," No. Sorry for asking."

Yoona wiped her tears," I don't know what to do." She sniffs and bites her lips.

"So, you are going to stay with him? Do you like him?"

Yoona slowly looks at Nichkhun," I don't know."

"Maybe i can teach him a ---"

Yoona stops him and gives him a half-smile," I got it. I got something in mind."

She knew what she had to do. She has her friend even if whatever she planned goes well. He was the one person she could depend on. That day Yoona was able to go home. Nichkhun helped her in and out of the wheelchair and drove her home.

==

 Jessica sadly dragged herself home as Donghae parted from. She was sighed deeply in annoyance.

"Ugh! Why does Donghae have to be so clinging to this girl?"Jessica said opening the front door and entering it.

She the lights as she passed the living room and entered the kitchen. She set down her purse and grabbed an apple from the counter. Then in the silent atmosphere, she entered in the living room and turned the television.

Taking a bite out of her apple bitterly. "Aish, i should just let life take control for a while. I am tired of doing all the work. But i need to change certain things. I wonder if anything i did took effect yet."

Jessica looked blankly at the television," I'll just wait. "

Meanwhile, Donghae is sitting on the couch waiting for Yoona to come home. Every minute he looks at the clock. Donghae wasn't sure of this feeling but he was worried since she was hurt.

He bit his cheek," I should've known. I could've been better help."

Suddenly the front door opens up and Donghae stands up. He heards Yoona and Nichkhun entering in.

"Thanks. "She said on her crutches.

Nichkhun smiled," No problem. Remember you will be okay. Just a couple days and you will be back on your feet. "

Donghae walked swiftly towards them and Nichkhun's smile faded.

"Hey. " Donghae said awkwardly.

"Yeah. Make sure you have that thing taken care of. "Nichkhun said looking at Donghae.

Yoona nodded knowing what he meant. "Bye. "

Nichkhun left the house and Yoona turned around to see Donghae in front of her.

"Donghae. What are doing up so late?"

"Waiting for you. You know you need help. "

Yoona sighed," No. I can do it. I don't need any help. "

Donghae smiled slightly in confusion."You just got out of the hospital. You are bound to need help. " He reached for Yoona's shoulder.

"Oh no. " She said as he stopped his hand. " I said I don't need any help. "

Donghae stopped and followed behind her from falling. Yoona was unhappy that Donghae decided to follow right behind her. "Donghae, I said i didn't need help. "

He froze instantly at her cold words and let Yoona go to her room. He watched her from behind.

"What's up with her? Did it have to be related to what happened earlier?"



Yoona went to her guestroom and set the crutches down as she sat on the bed.

She laid down not expecting to fall asleep. She thought to herself," Ah, What am i going to do? I'm not myself. I am different than before when i met Donghae. Did he change me? I have to follow through the plan. Fate doesn't want us to be together and i don't think we don't either. Well, most of me doesn't. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter