Chapter Twenty-seven

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing?", Sooyoung looked at her friend struggle with her suitcase full of clothes. She held coffee in her hand trying to warm up from the cold air entering the room.

"Trying to find a dress. ", Yoona said throwing clothes behind her. She was so focused on what to wear that she didn't realize how cold the room became.

"For what? And why is your window open? Are you crazy?", Sooyoung replied with slight concern for her friend's mentality. She walked to the window closing it tightly shut.

"I'm not going crazy. I opened up the window for some fresh air, okay? I ... ", Yoona said stopping for a moment to glare at her friend, "They are back."

It was only minutes ago when she was on the phone. 

"Yoona! Don't hang up. Listen. ", Donghae begged her as panic rose in his voice. 

"Okay. I'm listening. ", she said partly to hear his voice and it has been a long time she has contacted him. 

"My parents are coming tonight. If you don't want to get caught, come quickly. I'll make the dinner since you aren't that good at cooking. ", He said with urgency in his voice. Donghae stood up from his couch and began to enter the kitchen in order to cook the perfect dinner for his parents and cover his disfunctional relationship at the moment.

"What's wrong with my cooking?", Yoona said taking offense as she held the phone close to her ears. She tried to remember when she cooked anything bad in particular, but nothing came into mind.

"Just get dressed and come to the house.", He said making noise in the background with pots and pans.


"But what do i --", she got cut off since Donghae hung up on her. She pouted in disbelief that he would treat her this way since they haven't seen each other in weeks. Looking around in her room, she decided to take ignitive and help him make the family dinner perfect unless she wanted to be blame of why they broke up.
 

Yoona looked up at Sooyoung silently asking for help as she finished off her story.
"So that's why you are getting crazy over here. ", Sooyoung said sitting on the bed," Wait. Isn't Nichkhun supposed to drive to a date?"

"This is more important. ", Yoona claimed as she turned her back avoiding sooyoung's eyes,"For a friend. " She rummaged with frustration looking for an outfit to wear and impress her future in-laws.


"Doesn't sound just like friends. You and Donghae.",Sooyoung muttered to herself hoping Yoona would hear it. 

"Help me. ", Yoona begged her and looked lost due to the fact that her reputation is on the line.  Sooyoung gave her a look of disppointment and folded her arms.

"Okay. Hold on. ", She walked out of the room setting her coffee on the nearest desk.

"Why can't I stop thinking of you?", Yoona asked herself," Even for three weeks, you have been on my mind twenty-four/ seven." She scoffed at herself shaking her head at the ridiculousness of her even talking to herself about the matter.

Sooyoung walked in holding a blue laced dressed that stopped above the knees. "Is this okay? Does it satisfy you?"

"Thanks. It's perfect. How come you never wore it?", Yoona stood up to take a closer look at it.

"I got the shoes too. Now hurry and change.",She said ignoring her question and shoving the dress and shoes in her arms as she pushed Yoona into the bathroom. "Hurry!"

Yoona flashed a smile before entering the bathroom and putting on the gorgeous dress and shoes. For her hair, she brushed it to the side making it neat and tidy.  She came out spinning around showing off to Sooyoung.  

"That's your style there. Aren't I great?", Sooyoung said raising her arms up, admiring herself ,and exiting the room. 
 

Yoona shook her head smiling at the wonderful friend she had as she put on earrings. She left the bathroom smiling like no other and walked downstairs where she found Nichkhun perked up once he laid his eyes on her. Her smile faded now realizing she gave him hope. She ambled down slowly trying to force a relaxed smile on her face.


"Are you ready?", he said walking to her side with grin on his face. Yoona felt bad as she tried to avert his happiness towards her.

"She not for you. ", Sooyoung muttered as she stared at the two. 

"Huh?", He asked hearing Sooyoung comment. 

Yoona gave Sooyoung a stare which she responded with a " I-don't-know" shrug. 
"I have to go to Donghae's house."

"Why?", his grin faded into straight line.

"Drive me there.", She avoiding his question as she fidgeted with her dress.

"No. ", he said staring down at her in disbelief.

"There's no need then. I'll walk there. I won't bother you anymore then.". Yoona said passing him as she sighed in frustration.

He didn't answer her though the answer was clear. The reason was not. He didn't want her to fall in love with Donghae and be heartbroken again. Just looking at how troubled she was, broke his heart in several pieces. But what if she had to endure it twice? He couldn't handle Donghae's carelessness towards Yoona again. 

"So I Guess this is good night.", She said heading the toward the front door without looking back. Her eyes became full of tears as she felt sorry for leaving Nichkhun with unkept promised night. She tried to smile to turn around, but she just couldn't. 

Yoona opened the door and walked out the door with Nichkhun's eyes  on her. She breathed deeply out as she entered outside with blowing cold winds that hit her face.With her feet moving forward to a long way, she deeply thought about what to do. She rubbed her shoulders to regain warmth before moving on into the sidewalk.

"So you aren't going to chase after her?", Sooyoung asked Nichkhun from the kitchen. She sipped her coffee worried of how the couple's relationship will turn out to.

"I don't know what to do. ", he responded as if he lost his ability to walk or even move.

"I wasn't listening or something, but when it's the right moment, maybe you should try to do something or you'll regreat it later. You should go chase her and give her a ride. She's probably freezing.". Sooyoung told him trying to cheer him up with her advice. She looked into her empty coffee cup realizing that she must of drank it all quickly due to the drama that was happening in her house.

"Should I?", he said still staring at the door. He knew his time was ticking before their relationship became something else or it had an obstacle. He knew he was running out of time.

"I just told you what to do. Either do that or cook me some barbecue. ", Sooyoung said crossing her arms and rubbing her arms as she walked to the living room.

Nichkhun ran out off the house and his eyes scanned everywhere trying to find Yoona. He could feel the cold air hit his face realizing how cold he must've been when Yoona asked him for a ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter