Chapter Thirty-Three

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hi, guys. I just wanted to tell you that the next chapter is the finale. The ending to everything. I hope you guys will comment below and tell me how you feel about the story. I love it if you comment and give me feedback!!! I'm so sad to end it. The finale will either come out next week or the week after that. I just need to edit. But please share this story if you like it, and as well as comment!

 

"Nichkhun. It's over. It's over. ", She gripped his wrist tighter. Why are you doing this to yourself? You know that we aren't meant to be with them... why keep trying?   Nichkhun stared into her begging eyes, something he hasn't seen before. A change in what he thought her character... He sighed at the thought of risking his feelings being withered in this losing battle...

"That's not possible. I have to tell her how I feel. ", he exhaled deeply unable to contain the feelings.    I need to tell her.  Why was I so stupid to let my feelings rise to this point? I should've told her before she was taken away in someone's arms. When I was the one making her happy, why didn't I think twice to make her mine? So many questions I could come up with on the spot, but I'm lost with the answers. I have no answers. Back then, I kept telling her to wait for me, but all I did ws ignore her. Now, when I tell her to wait for me, she already has someone waiting for her. It's too late, now isn't it?   No. No.    She has to care me still. Everyone's has told me that she harbored feelings for me, even if it was a long time ago. She could have not forgotten about her love for me. I need to tell her....and then it's up to how she interprets my words.
Loosening her grip, she could understand his feelings. In a way, her feelings were lost in everything. She couldn't grab hold of anything and ended up losing everything. The way Nichkhun talked about Yoona, he was confident, like she was. Everything about her was a facade.... a robot of herself because she didn't want to have the image of losing....losing Donghae. She didn't want to admit that she was the one lost in love. Jessica didn't want to be that hopeless fool, collecting her feelings that wouldn't make a dent to anyone she loved. A sad, reality to her. But she didn't want Nichkhun to be ruined by love.   "It's better to conceal them. There's no reason to shake someone's heart. ", she released her grip, sighing.  You have to give up before you lose your own heart. You need to.
“Is that what you are going to do?", He turned to her, frustrated. 

"I am going to give up. Conceal and lock my feelings away. ", She chuckled at her idea.  Me? I'm going back to Tokyo, a place where I will heal my broken heart. Even if my feelings aren't known, at least I'll recover at a place that won't have him in there.
"You have to speak your heart out. Or else it will tear you inside. ", He clutched his chest as an reenactment. 

“I rather see that happen then hurt the one I love. I’ll see you around. ", She patted his arm, passing him and walking toward the elevator.  Please don't tell her how you feel. You'll confuse her naive heart, and there will be more trouble that way. It was nice meeting you, Nichkhun, I'll be sure to remember you.   He watched as she left with heavy footsteps, frustrated with Jessica's actions.  What was he to do with her? A girl with no feelings told her ex. She has to tell Donghae or she will be torn not knowing how he ever felt about her.
Jessica entered the elevator and pressed the 15th floor where her room was. Perhaps it was time for her to remove her things and go on to a different hotel. She didn't want to be remembered all the hurt she did to him.  The elevator seemed to go slower than it usually does. She stared at the reflection of herself off the elevator’s door.   It's just a reflection of me, but why do I look so unhappy?    Jessica tried to smile at herself, but she knew it was a fake smile, a facade she has been fooling herself with.   What has become of me? 

He straightened out his shirt and composed himself before walking toward Yoona. Donghae and her were talking about things they seen on videos. Nichkhun came forward, without a smile on his face and pulled Yoona from Donghae. He led her far from him so they could talk. Donghae looked on, furious that Nichkhun pulled her away by force. But… what was he to do…he knew that Nichkhun had to air out his feelings. He sighed heavily, staring at the two walk away from him.   Yoona. Come back to me safely, okay? Even if you don't, please let me see you once more.   With that said, he turned his body and his eyes away the image that burned his heart. An image he would like to erase from his mind.    Donghae made his way to the empty elevator with his mind filled with meaningless thoughts. He pressed random buttons on the elevator, hoping that it would pass time and he would be with her again. But then again, he didn't really know her heart or her feelings. He just loved her... Like anyone else... Like Nichkhun. But he knew things that she didn't know herself. Leaning back and shutting his eyes, he waited until his elevator ride was finished. It would take a while, but it would make him think about the future. 
1st floor.  DING!
45th floor.  DING
4th floor. DING!
12th floor. DING! 

Every floor he pressed, the elevator would go to that level, make a sound, and leave to go on to the next one. Every time the door opened, his heart would make a small jump as if Yoona would appear out of thin air. A small smile was etched in his face as if to keep himself from worrying the worst, since he didn't fully know Yoona's heart.    What am I going to do if you don't come back to me?                                                                                  ****       *****      ******      *******   *******   Yoona pulled out of his grip angrily as soon as Nichkhun stopped walking. But, he didn't let her leave, he held onto her small wrist. With a sigh, Yoona stared straight into his confident eyes, longing for her. He gave her a warm smile, to which she didn't return. The only thing that was plastered on her face was the look of distraught. 
"Nichkhun. What in the world are you doing?", she asked detached from his emotions,"Why are y--"

"I love you. ", he confessed with all his heart in those three words,"Please accept me."
Yoona gasped, biting lip as her mind went blank. How could her best friend confess to her now when things are fine and settled? She looked at her smiling best friend with an uneasy smile. What was she to do? An old crush she had for years has now given his heart to her when she's fallen in love with someone that's opposite of who she is.    "Can you accept?", He asked shyly, as if he didn't know her dilemma at the moment.   In his eyes, Yoona was still that tomboy neighbor he had years ago. She pursed her lips, with her deer-like eyes, releasing a breath of air.

Jessica departed out of the elevator to the dimly lit hallway that resembled her secrets she kept from herself. All she wanted in the world was to have a happy life with the job she ever wanted, and the love she conquered. But all it seemed was a dream. As she walked toward her room, her footsteps were slower and heavier. She kept thinking back to what Nichkhun told her, that it would tear her apart, rip her own heart if she doesn't say a thing.    That's when she realized that Nichkhun was right.... Its tearing her apart. 

I need to tell him. I need him to hear all my feelings. How I love him. How I see him. How I cant remember to forget him. 

She turned back around quickly, running towards the elevator and pressed the down button several times, waiting for it to come to her floor. Waiting was such a painful thing she's done. All she's done in her life was wait.    She waited to get accepted by her parents.    Mom, Dad, I made it on the honor  roll!!!   She waited to get accepted in college. Oh my gosh, I got accepted to Korea University!!!   She waited to get her dream job. You have the opportunity to become a rookie in newscasting. Would you like to come aboard?   She waited to get married to Donghae.          Jessica, why did you cheat on me? Is this how things will go? You move on without me?    Let's break up.   Move on like you did.   That'll be for the best.     But, she couldn't wait for the last one.  Jessica was tired to wait on other people, but looking back, she wished she could've tried. Things would've turn out differently. Jessica could've had her world perfect and complete instead of broken and desolete.   Several minutes passed, and the elevator dinged, opening its doors. It was empty, except Donghae was there, staring at her unexpected appearance. She entered the elevator with amble steps , unable to look at him. Her eyes went toward the elevator buttons and it was randomly floors pressed.    Are you passing time.....? 
"Jessica. ", He finally spoke, his heart beating out of his chest.  She turned her attention towards his melodic voice calling out her name for the first time ever, making her feelings settle for the final time.                   *****   ****** ******** "Nichkhun, I--", She began to say, but her words were cut off by Nichkhun.   "I love you.", Nichkhun pulled Yoona into a hug, wrapping his arms around her small body frame. At first, she began to fight his overwhelming confession, but he didn't let her go. Her eyes widen at his sudden actions.   What is he doing? Why is he doing this right now? Please let go.    Maybe....   Just Maybe....   Could I feel the same still?
Yoona stopped struggling, letting Nichkhun hold her in his arms. She repeated his words to herself, she couldn't believe it. Her best friend... liked...no..loved her. She felt his intention of a warm embrace, but at that moment, her heart felt confused. Was it wrong for her to be confused at this moment? Between to best friend she secretly loved, and the guy she fell in love with , was it unfair to fall for both of them?   My heart has been shaken up, torn apart, and set on fire. What more can I tolerate? I'm looking at Nichkhun right now, as a man, who can protect me. Could he provide what Donghae can never do? But will my heart settle if my mind makes the decision that could make everything right?    Or am I wrong to think that way?   Nichkhun held onto Yoona, feeling as if he finally said his final words. He felt her warm embrace, the floral scent of her hair, and the a sense of hope. Perhaps this is the moment he has been holding back to recieve. Nichkhun teared up a bit, thinking back to all the times he could've and should've confessed to her.   "I'm sorry I didn't say anything before. I was stupid and too slow to realize that you were right under my nose.",                                                                                      ******* ********* ********
  "D-Donghae. ", Jessica managed to say after gathering confidence. 

"It's not too late you know. ", he spoke calmly. He slowly looked at Jessica, cracking a bitter smile. Something, she perfer not to see. A pity smile.'   "What do you mean?", She replied, not responding to his smile.   "I mean it's something we haven't discussed yet alone."   "There's something I need to know.", She asked trying to find the confidence in herself that she usually depended on Donghae to do.   "I'll try to answer it, for the final time."   "Why didn't you marry me? Propose?", She carefully questioned him.   "I...", he began to say, struggling with the answer himself,"I... I was. That day you cheated on me, I had that diamond encrusted ring in my pocket waiting to say those words to you. Inside was etched, will you be my mine? A perfect and stupid thing I have ever done. But everything seemed to fall apart from there."   Jessica gasped at the truth, staggering backwards of what could've been.    "If I didn't cheat, we would've been married with kids right now. You wouldn't been in this stupid marriage you call love. Everything would've gone my way....", She resented herself as tears slid down her slim face.    "Don't say that.", Donghae shook his head, begging her to stop resenting herself.   "What are you talking about? Our future could've been set and okay.", She yelled at him.   "That's the problem. It's not your way. It doesn't happen your way. Would you been okay if everything was revolved around success and fame? Is that why you want to patch things up? Listen, things happen for a reason. And it wasn't a stupid marriage, I actually found a girl I love and who I want to spend my life with. I can't go back to the past now, I'm too far ahead.", He softly spoke, thinking of Yoona.   "It's not too late. You said it yourself.", Jessica replied with hope in the tone of her voice.  You said it yourself, don't go back on your word.   "When I said that, I meant on forgiving and forgetting."   "Donghae!", She screamed as she charged at him with punches. He didn't stop her. She didn't stop.    "Stop.", He whispered, grabbing her arm.   "But you said it yourself. It's not too late.", She broken down, something she wanted to keep hidden from him. The pained expression. The broken happiness she has been experiencing.  
Nichkhun released the hug, smiling at Yoona's confusion. It was a perfect opportunity to change her feelings.  But she set her hands on his chest, setting a barrier between them as well as in her mind. She looked down, gathering feelings whether or not she loved her friend as a lover.    Nichkhun. My old crush that I was in love with has finally confessed to me after all these years. Should I be content with that because I don't know how to feel. Staring at him, I remember those feelings. His soft touch, warm smile, and the butterflies he gave me everytime he called my name. Everytime his voice seemed to create those butterflies I tried to hide because I was too scared to confess to him. But he's in love with me now. Those feelings I have for him...

"Yoona.", he called her.    ...has faded to black.

To her, she felt the utmost disappointment that it was him who called her. Nichkhun stared at Yoona, waiting for her to compose herself or at least look at him. He felt the worst as he waited for her to look in his eyes and tell him the answer to his question. The answer to solve everything and end the love story. 

"Yoona. ",
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter