7- Our Fortune

B.O.S.S. #JJK

Before the bus stopped at our destination, I was thinking about that kiss and then me crying and suddenly those shudders were back. 

I looked at Jungkook who was looking outside along with me. Suddenly our eyes met and my heart started racing faster. He looked so beautiful in my eyes. It took me back to our past when he would sit in a corner studying and his skin would shine as the sun set behind the mountains. It somehow brought a smile to my face and I forgot everything. I remembered the times when I would be the only female singer available to do duets with them. 

Our every song is a memory. 

Jungkook continued looking at me as if there was something which has trapped his eyes in mine. I slowly dug my face deeper into the scarf and looked away. 

I could feel him smile as I rested my head on the bus seat. 

***

We were standing somewhere near a subway- in the middle of Seoul-that is the only thing I knew. 

"Do you have money?" He asked. 

I nodded my head. "But not a lot." 

"I'm hungry...." He said. "Buy me something. It is an order." 

I sulked, "Of course you wouldn't request me!" 

I walked as he followed me. I looked hear and there in search of a food stall. 
I found one across the road. 

"Boss." I turned back to find him checking out some girls.

Gosh. Since when does a scholar like him do that? 
Oh I forgot he isn't a scholar anymore>>> He is a man.

"Boss- nim!" I said louder. 

He looked at me as he put his hands inside his pockets. 
"Nim? Its Boss!"

"If you are to busy checking out girls, I've to call you something else..." I mumbled. 

"Just Jungkook should be fine." He said as he took my wrist and crossed the road. 

"Jungkook!" I yepled as we stood right in the middle of the road. He stopped to look at me.

"What?"

My heart felt like it wasn't beating. Sparks shooted down my body and I felt  burdened to breathe. I looked at him into his eyes but nothing was working out. I really wanted his touch. 

But...

"You can do anything to me.... Except for touching me." I announced as the cars honked and the colour of the signal changed and I freed my hand and walked across the road. 

I calmed my thumping hard. I try my best not to show him this side of me. But, my body always wants that. When will my heart and mind be in good terms with each other!

He made me feel so crazy. 

We both sat opposite to each other on a table. His face was flushed and confused. 
His looks spoke millions than his words.

"What should we serve you with?" An old woman approached us. 

I smiled at her and pointed towards my boss and said, "He will order."

She turned to him and he replied, "She will order..." 

The laughed out loud when I stared at him, "Oh! Such a beautiful, shy couple has lit my shop today this evening.

We both looked at her and then each other.

Beautiful, shy, couple? 

I felt a knot in my stomach. 

"Anio, Halmeoni!(No, Grandmother!- used just to address an elder woman)! We are not a couple!" 

Jungkook nodded at my comment. 

"Aigoo~ who says that, I see such a beautiful future of you two ahead!"

I had a question mark on my face and so did Jungkook have.

"You two reminded me of my older time... the time when my husband and I were in love!"

"Uhm..." Jungkook tried correcting her. But she was already dragging a stool between us and said pulling out cards from her pocket, "before you eat something, please let me read your future... you won't have to pay for that! Please give me one chance..."

"Halmeoni~" Jungkook said but she had arranged the cards in front of me and said, "Choose the cards..." 

I chose the cards with great care as my hands still trembled. it felt like my shudders won't stop at any cost. 

She read my cards as a frown was carved on her forehead. 

"You... have a dark secret hidden, dear child..." She said in a sympathetic tone. "A secret which will be revealed soon.... and may become a barrier between your relation with this man..."
She stopped to look at the man-Jungkook.  

I looked at him and clenched my fists and bit my lip. 

"You are fated to this man but you'll face barriers which include a man and woman...." She read the cards. "Your other signs are totally good. The company you work in will succeed... You'll have good wealth in the future. You will have no problem in your family and your health may not be good. Your darkness will vanish soon and you have to adjust with the situations. Your this card tells me that you are bit worried about future outcomes... But nothing will happen. Thats the assurance which the other cards give." 

I bit my lip in fright. 

"Child... Don't worry...." She said looking at me. "Once your darkness is settled, your life will be the most wonderful one...." 

She put her hand on my shoulder. 

That was the scariest fortune telling I have had in eight years! My shudders where returning. I quickly jerked away the elderly woman's hand. I started panicking as soon as I did that. 

"Jeoseonghabnida!(I am extremely sorry!)" I exclaimed. 

"Are you okay?" She asked me. 

"SuLi! Bring her some water ...." She ordered and soon a young girl came with a glass of water. I took the glass with trembling hands and said, "G-Gomawo"

The older woman smiled at me and said, "You are destined to this man and so are destined to get rid of the secret, dear... You don't have to overdo yourself...." 
I looked at her with glimmering eyes. 

Jungkook looked at me continuously as the entire thing happened. His expression was flushed and he was totally concerned about my behaviour. 

She rearranged the cards and asked Jungkook to choose. 

He took out the cards and placed in front of her. 

She had a confused look on her face, "Son, your fame and popularity will grow soon. But beware of your family members... They might do something to harm you..."

Family members? That struck me. No wonder he acts weird when talked about his family!

"But this card is the ray of hope you have for all the problems to be solved. She will probably help you... Why are your cards so unclear...." She looked at him again. 
Jungkook was lost as if he had done something wrong.

"Is it your first time for tarot card reading?" She asked him. 
He nodded. 
"Ah~ That's the reason!" She smiled. 
"Let's see... Your introverted behaviour will be a barrier between both of you. But, this will break very soon!" 

Introvert.... Yes he is!

"You'll help this woman... But be cautious of your actions. This card here shows that your helping hand is risky it may either unite your or prove to be the end of both of you..."

He pursed his lips and the old woman intensified the situation with her very serious expression. She rearranged the cards and placed them in front of both of us. She asked the both of us to choose. 

We did so and looked at her and she exclaimed, "Good! Beautiful! As expected... I was correct. The future of the both of you... Is bright! Very bright!"

Our faces lit up as she said that. 

"The man will protect the woman."
"The woman will help the man in every possible way."
"The woman will be the strength of the man." 
"Looking on the darker side, the secret of the woman will become stronger and the man's desire for the woman will become stronger. The man will be set free from the pain deep within him by the woman. Destiny will finally bring them close to get married!"

"Married?" We both exclaimed. 

"Cheolte!(never) i can not marry my Boss!" I exclaimed. 
"Boss? Are you het boss?" She turned to Jungkook. 
"Ne(yes)... She is my personal assistant..." He replied. 
"Shinwonhan!(Cool!) But I see pure love in these two pairs of eyes.

We both looked at each other and then looked away. 
She laughed patting out back and said, "Come on tell me now what do you wishto eat? I'll give you 50% discount!" 

*** 
After having our food we were walking down the road where we asked the chauffeur to come. The fortune telling still stuck in our heads. 

He was now wearing his blazer and made me wear mine, but the scarf was still around my neck. 

"Eun Sol-ah." He said when I was busy smiling at the fact of us getting married. Oh... He would look so beautiful in that bridegroom's dress. 

(I can imagine that right now!)

"Are you thinking about that? Don't believe that fortune telling... Its simply nonsense.... People don't believe it anymore..." 

"Yeah.... But they say it happens some day or the other..." He explained. 

"Is it!" I shrugged. 

Soon the chauffeur came and we set out for yhe airport to leave for Busan. 
The fold made me sleepy but I made it to the airport awake. 

I remembered telling my mother about the overnight-trip with my boss. She had packed up all my things with so much care. I smiled at the thought when my phone rang. 

"Eomma!" I said receiving the call. "We'll reach the airport now... I was about to call you anyway...."

"But did you realize something my dear!" She exclaimed. 

"What is it?" 

"You left your bag here itself... You never carried your bag except your laptop bag!"

I really didn't carry it till here!!! How can I be so forgetful. My bag was neatly packed and I never brought it here. I was near to cry out. 

I tsked and said in a low voice, "What should I do??"

"Do you want me to come and give you the bag?" She said. 

"But we'll leave by then eomma!" I said. 

"Do you have money." She asked. 

"Very little!" I said remembering the amount I paid for the food. Thank God the fortune telling lady gave us food half-the price😃. 

"Can you afford something for the night from the duty-free store there?" She asked. 

"Okay eomma... I will do that!" I said and hung up after some virtual hugs and kisses. 

Jungkook was listening to my entire conversation.

I forgot to bring my clothes along with me... How horrible can be that?? And I am going to spend the night with my boss. 

I remained silent while we boarded the private jet where it was my first time! I suddenly forgot everything when I saw the luxurious plane. It had every single thing of luxury. It was then I realized that I am the personal assistant of a third generation chaebol(heir). 

We reached Busan in an hour and I finished updating a request-chapter in my blog within that time. 

The drive to his house was a long way. I opened my heels as they were hurting me like anything. 

"Uhm... Eun Sol-ah." Jungkook said. "I need a favour."

"Favour? What kind of favour?" I asked soothing my heels. 

"Don't act like my personal assistant in front of my family." 

"What do you mean? What should I be if not your assistant?" I asked. 

"Girlfriend."

"I am NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND, JUNGKOOK!" I squeaked. 

"I mean, Boss." I corrected myself. 

"So then... Its not a request... It is an order." His voice went deeper which sent me chills. 

"Do I really-" I argued. 

"You don't want to lose your job... Isn't it!" He smuged as the car stopped. 

I looked outside and saw a HUGE mansion. My mouth was open in gape and my eyes widened. 

"Wow!" I breathed those words out. "Is this really your house?" 

I was waiting for an answer. The car door opened and I saw him leave. I jumped out of the car adjusting my heels and said, "Boss!"

"Jungkook." He corrected me. 

"Sorry, Jungkook." I smiled shyly. 

Am I already starting to act like his girlfriend?