39- The Trial (1)

B.O.S.S. #JJK

***Park Eun Sol's POV***

I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't know the exact time. It was not completely dark. I looked at my side and found Jungkook sleeping with my hand in his. I smiled. I looked at the other side and found the boys sleeping somehow. I sighed. I felt a lot better now. I did not feel any more pain and I could feel my body function normally. Suddenly Jungkook woke up with a jerk. I got startled and looked at him. He looked at me back. There was perfect silence... nothing more.

I smiled at him and touched his cheek. He held my hand with both his hand and kissed it. I sighed and whispered, "Why did you wake up?"

"Maybe because you were!" He whispered back. I smiled and he leaned down to cup my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "I was so scared that I would lose you..."

"Never in a millennium!" I said as I touched his bangs with my weak hands.

He touched my cheek and caressed my hair with his other hand.

"I love you, Eun Sol." He said as we looked at each other constantly.

"I love you too, Jungkook..." I said, a little dewy-eyed. For all the while Sang Bin's hand was choking me I was thinking just one thing, "Jungkook, I will survive for you. I love you..."

A tear drop rolled down my cheek as I smiled at him. He wiped it at once and said, "Don't cry... never in front of me..."

I nodded and put my hand around his neck and pulled him in for a hug and cried on his shoulder.

"I was so scared..." I whispered in his ear.

"I am sorry I could not protect you..." He said. He was crying too- internally. He caressed my hair and kissed my forehead. We stay like that until we fell asleep into each other's arms.

2 days later.

***Jungkook's POV***

I set my tie again and set my hair as I looked at myself in the mirror again.

I looked at Taehyung hyung place his hand on my shoulder and nodded at me in the mirror. I sighed and said, "Are we all ready?"

He nodded.

"Let's go..." I said and faced him.

"You just have to say the truth... that's it..." He said as he held both my shoulders. I nodded.

He patted my shoulders a couple of times before saying, "IT IS SHOWTIME!!"

I broke into a smile and walked out of my room.

"Be careful..." Eommonim said. "I trust you, Jungkook... that company will come back to you in no time..."

I smiled and she spread her arms. I went and hugged her.

"Do well, my son..." She whispered. I smiled at her. "I will go and take care of Eun Sol... don't worry..."

"Khamsahabnida... eommonim..." I said and bowed.

"Maknae! Kaja(Let us go)!!" Jimin hyung said. I looked back at him and nodded.

"here... keep my son-in-law alright!!" My mother instructed Jimin hyung.

Taehyung and Jimin hyung hooted together.

I looked at her shocked. She winked at me.

"Since when!!??" Taehyung hyung asked me as we stepped inside the car.

"Guys! Eun Sol's mother just called our Jungkook her son-in-law" Jimin announced in the car.

"WHAT THE-" They all hooted and I blushed hard at the comments.

"When did she get to know??" Namjoon hyung asked.

I told them the entire story that happened just before Eun Sol's accident on our way to the court.

"That was a quite quick one..." Taehyung hyung laughed so hard.

"So will be today's trial..." Jin hyung said.

"Are all the evidences ready?" Hoseok hyung asked him.

"Yes... everything!" Jin gave his 24-carat smile to us.

We looked out the window. There was such a big crowd of reporters and media.

"God~" I hissed.

"Let's enter the battlefield, my warrirors!" Namjoon hyung said and I opened the door as I put my glasses on.

We all managed to overcome the great flood of media without answering any of their questions. I pulled out my glasses and looked around.

"That was one obstacle..." Jimin hyung took a breath.

We all walked towards the trial room when I saw my uncle pass by me, giving me a glare as he walked away. I stood, staring at him in shock and frozen at the spot.

Namjoon hyung patted my back and said, "Let's go..."

I nodded and we all walked inside the trial room. I looked at the time- there were five minutes to go before the trial started. Jin hyung had changed into his lawyer uniform and he looked so handsome.

"Meoshisseo!!(Cool)" We all told him.

"I know right!!" He laughed. "I'll be cooler when you see me there... getting the company back from the evil people!!" He pointed at the area near the judge's desk.

"All the best hyung!!" We all wished him and he walked and took his place.

"The judge is arriving into the court!" an announcement was made.

We all rose from our seats and sat down once the judge came and took his seat.

"Greetings to the judge!" The clerk said. "The case today is about 'An illegal transfer of Power in the Jeon Enterprises' from the company's side we have Kim Seok Jin to present the case to us and the accused is upported by Cha Dae Su."

Both the prosecutors stood up and greeted the judge.

"Let us start with the trial." The judge said and then a sudden rush of adrenaline flew through my body. The nervousness and my trembling heart were all in its extreme levels.

I sighed and heard a sound behind. I looked back and found my father at the door. He looked at me and came and saw in front of me. I stared at him from behind.

What is he hiding from me and why is he hiding it from me?

I sighed yet again and looked at Jin hyung explain the entire case to him.

After fifteen minutes of explanation the judge said, "Please bring the first witness in the court."

"I would like to call the victim of this case, Jeon Jungkook." Jin hyung said.

"Let Jeon Jungkook be presented!" The clerk said.

//

BGM- IF YOU (BIGBANG)

They say that the moment you feel that you miss someone when you are far away from someone you love, you can be sure that you are in love. 
There is no way one can predict that love is coming to them. 
It comes in the unexpected time, in an unexpected place, from an unexpected person.
If you don't ring a bell, it won't be called a bell.
If you don't sing a song, it won't be called a song.
If you don't express your love for someone, it won't be called love. 
Sing the song if it has to be sung right at this moment.
Ring the bell, if it had to be rung right now.
Confess your love, it has to be said right now.

Don't wait. Those who do, are too scared. Are too fearful.

I closed the book and looked at the sky. I closed my eyes and let a tear drop fall down my cheek. I gulped a little and then sighed. I looked at Jungkook sunbae from a distance, playing around with his friends. I then looked at the others. I smiled at their cheekiness and their playfulness. Even though they were elder to me, they behaved as if they were younger to me.

Is it really difficult to say someone that you like them?
Love is strong. Powerful than the word itself. Can we stop it? It will hurt you, even though you don't want to get hurt. 
Why is love so unfair?
Nothing is unfair in this world. Everything is a gift to us. 
Love is just a feeling, gifted to us. Like sadness, happiness, disgust, anger, jealousy and fear is. If everything can be expressed. Why can't love be expressed?

I sat back at my chair. I took a very deep breath and stood up and walked towards the seven playing puppies. The book was kept on the bench, its words facing the huge sky.

What if he hates me after this?
What if he never talks to me after this?
What if we won't interact with each other as we did before?
What if...?

I stood back and looked at the book again. My gaze shifted towards them again. I gulped and took a step forward.

//

I took a step forward and sat on the chair placed right in front of the judge.

"I would like to begin with the questionnaire." Jin hyung took permission from the judge.

"Jeon Jungkook-ssi... please tell us whatever you know about this incident..."

I looked at hyung and said, "Cho Yoo Na... I was engaged to her two years back... she was supposed to be my fiancée. My parents wanted me to forcefully marry her. But I never liked her. It was a marriage setup without my agreement. Nam Ki Joon always referred me as his stepbrother. Only he knew why he said this until recently I got to know that he is actually Chan Soo, and he used a fake name all this while. My so-called, Mother, Ms. Jeon, happened to be his mother. I was told all this while that she was my mother. Nam Ki Joon grew up with me... but, never treated me as a brother. I was always bullied by him. The only thing which I did my entire life was to study hard to become the CEO of Jeon Enterprises. But, that was taken away by my uncle and my cousin, Jeon Sang Bin just because I broke the engagement with Cho Yoo Na. I have been bullied by all my family members- that is it. I am nothing but a victim."

"Do we have anything to prove to his words?" The judge asked.

"Before that, my lord, I want to question him." Cha Dae Su shot up from his seat.

"Sure..." The judge gave him the permission.

I looked at hyung. He gave me a nod. I returned a nod.

"So, Jeon Jungkook-ssi... you said that you were bullied by your family members... did you ever try to know the truth, your family was hiding from you?"

"If you teach a child that a shark is a whale. He is going to continue to think that until he studies about it himself and gets to know that both the creatures are totally different from each other..." I said.

He gave me a smug.

"So... please tell us, what made you break your engagement with Ms. Cho Yoo Na...?"

"I think we already had a trial about this before. She had an affair with Nam Ki Joon and wasted the money of our company."

"What if we say it another way?"

"Huh?"

"What if we say that she broke the alliance with you because you had an affair with Ms. Park Eun Sol and hid the fact from the entire family?"

"What? Affair?" I gave him a confused look. "my family knew about me dating her!"

"But your family never approved of it but you continued seeing her..." He said.

"Yes, I did! But... that is not the point here!"

"Of course it is the point here! Cho Yoo Na must have deliberately broken the engagement with you because she found out your affair!"

"It is NOT an AFFAIR! And Yoo Na was jailed, she was let go after three months and she never came back to me to get my love. She wanted the property!"

"And what proof do you have?"

"We have proof!" Jin hyung stood up and advanced towards us and played an audio file.

"What do you want?" I heard my voice.

"How are you?" I heard Yoo Na's voice.

Hey! It is that conversation I had with Yoo Na! How did it get recorded? Was Eun Sol behind this anyhow? I heard my voice and Yoo Na's as I thought about it.

"Why is that your concern?" I retorted in a stern manner.

"Because you are going to be my husband next week." She said.

"Next week? You already set the dates?" I exclaimed.

"Yeah.... that is what I know..."

"And listen... You are not allowed to leave this house..." Yoo Na added.

"WHY?" I exclaimed. "Who are you to control my freedom?"

"I just need to make sure that you don't run away with that ..."

"? Who do you think is the here... isn't that you?"

"I don't trust you..."

"You don't trust me? Then why are you marrying me?" I heard my voice shouting.

"Because of your money... because of this house... because of this property... I want all of it..."

"I can't believe any of the words you are speaking."

"Haah! You are a kid, Jungkook, who is running after a , who is playing around with you for the same stupid thing and you don't even understand that."

"What?"

"That will see how I get married to you and get all this property! And you are just a medium, Jeon Jungkook!"

"You call her a , isn't it... but are you forgetting that es are really dangerous? Be cautious, Cho Yoo Na... That has already come around to haunt you... don't turn out to be a coward then."

I looked at the other prosecutor and smiled at him. He raised a brow at me and went back to his seat. I gave a nod to Jin hyung.

"I would like to present the other proofs." He told the judge. The video which was played in our living room TV that day was played in the court.

He is not even my son. Those words hit me again. I gulped and thought about Eun Sol. It's not your fault Jungkook. Everything will be alright. I heard her say in my mind. I took a deep breath when Jin hyung said, "Thank you very much Jungkook-ssi... you may take your seat."

I stood up and went back to the guys. I smiled at them.

"Charasseo!!(You did well)" Taehyung patted my back.

"Did you have a nervous breakdown when he asked you that affair thing?" Namjoon hyung asked me.

I shook my head, "It made me want to speak more..."

"We all had a nervous breakdown here..." Hoseok said, laughing.

"You were really cool in there!" Jimin hyung winked at me.

I laughed.

"But who got that conversation recorded?" I asked.

"That's what! Even I was shocked." Jimin hyung said.

"Your wife." Yoongi hyung elbowed me.

"Jinjja??" all of us looked at him. Yoongi hyung nodded at us. "She is a dangerous girl ever since I have known her!"

We all laughed in a low sound.

"When will she stop being fearless?" I thought and focused on the trail again.  

I miss you though, Pabo.

**********************