31- Next To Me

B.O.S.S. #JJK

I opened my eyes and smelled a known scent. I smiled at the sweet smell of the cologne and turned to find Jungkook sleeping next to me shirtless.

I turned myself completely towards him and put my hand on his cheek.

"Jungkook-ah..." I brushed my thumb on his forehead and then advanced to kiss him on his forehead.

"Jeongachim...(Good Morning)" He grabbed my hand and kissed it with a sweet smile on his face.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. We both were warm under the same blanket and I was so absorbed into his eyes that I forgot that we were in my room on my bed and my mother did not know that we both are dating.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked.
I nodded my head with a smile.

"EUN SOL-AH!!!" I heard my mother scream my name out. That is when I faced the reality.

"Oh !!!!" I exclaimed.

She would open the door any moment.

I threw him down my bed along with the blanket and sat on my bed, stretching my back.

She opened the door and said, "Ah... you are awake??"

"Mmhmm..." I hummed.

"But... where did this Jungkook go anyway?" She looked at me.

Under my bed?

"Huh? He? I dont know...?" I said acting totally normal.

"Uh... okay..." She was still a little suspicious. "Maybe..."

"Maybe he is in the bathroom!!" I completed the sentence for her.

"Yeah..." she said. "Ah... i shouldn't have drank so much of alcohol last night... the boys went away and now Jungkook is missing..."

"Ah~~~ I also don't remember because I was drunk too last night..." I managed.

"Fine... freshen up and lets have breakfast... call your Boss too... he should be here with his things..."

"Ne..." I said and she went away.

I had almost heaved a sigh of relief when she suddenly opened the door again.

"Eun Sol..."

"Ne? Eomma??"

"Bring some carrots from the market after freshening up..."

"Keurae...(Ok)"

She finally left the room and I quickly locked it. Jungkook groaned from under the bed.

"Mianhae~~~~" I sang as I helped him up on the bed.

"This is how you act with your Boss? Kick him off the bed early in the morning?" He said, annoyed.

"I am sorry... eomma came in suddenly..."

"Why don't we just tell it to her!!"

"She will fall ill and go to coma if she hears about it..."

"That is called exaggeration Park Eun Sol... nothing of that sort would happen at any cost!!" He hissed

"Okay... when the right time comes... we will tell it to her!!" I promised him.

"Okay...."

"So now... go away..."

"Why????"

"Go get your things and bring some carrots on your way home..."

"Shirtless?"

"Aish~~~ Dont act so dumb and get your feet into action..."

"Why so bossy???"

"Because you aren't the boss anymore... I am..."

"And why is that?" He pulled me closer to him by my waist.

He was slowly advancing me to kiss my lips but I pushed his head back with my finger saying, "because you are living in my house and fed by my food..."

"But the money came from me!"

"No... you are getting fed by my mother's money... now please leave Jeon Jungkook... in order to stay here... you have to run the errands..."

"No Good Morning kiss then?"

I tsked and kissed his lips deeply and shooed him off through my window.

***Jungkook's POV***

I was walking with my belongings which I had already dropped at Taehyung's place. The life outside of my chaotic world was so peaceful and fun. I skipped at every step as I walked. I was happy... I spread my arms in happiness and then looked at the sky.

“How come life seems so beautiful today?” I thought as I smiled to myself. I walked into the market and asked the shopkeeper to give me carrots.

“How much?” He asked.
“Huh?” I looked at him, confused.
“How much do you want?”
“How much? Uh… I don’t know…”
“Is it your first time marketing?” He smiled at me, it was a comfortable smile.
“N-Ne…” I smiled.
“Okay… so do you want a kilo or half a kilo?”
“A kilo would do I guess?” I answered hesitantly.

“Okay… I am giving you a kilo then…” He answered as he grabbed a few carrots and tied them up together and balanced it.
“That will be 3 dollars…” He put it in a bag and handed it to me.

“3 dollars…?” I said as I searched my pockets to get my wallet. I brough it out and saw that I had no change. The only thing I had was cards… no cash.

“Uh… do you accept-“ I looked at him, confused.

“Harabuji!!!” I heard a voice.

I looked up to find Eun Sol running towards us.

“Oh! It’s Eun Sol!” the shopkeeper waved at her. They know each other?

I smiled and looked at her.

“I-uh…” She looked at me and then the bag which had a kilo of carrots and then my wallet which had no cash. “3 dollars, right?” She looked at the shopkeeper.

“Do you know him?” He asked her.

“Ne… he is a new aleubaiteu (part-timer) at our restaurant…” She explained.

Hold on, aleubaiteu? For God’s sake Eun Sol I am your goddamn boyfriend!! Above all I am the ex-CEO of Jeon Enterprises.

Ex-CEO…. Duh.

“Ah~~ He is still learning how to shop vegetables… Keep working hard, my son!” He took the cash from Eun Sol and grinned.

“Ne…” I smiled as Eun Sol pulled me by my hand along with her.

“Were you planning to pay by your card?” She laughed as we held hands and walked together.
“Yes… if you didn’t show up at the right moment…” I nodded.

“Have you ever went to a market to buy groceries?” She asked.
“Nope…” I answered.
She sighed and said, “You really have to learn it then!”
“Come on… you called me an aleubaiteu in front of him… I am your boyfriend and the ex-CEO of Jeon Enterprise… this is how you introduce me to people?”

“Get over that pride anyway…” She stopped walking to look at me.
“Wae??” I looked at her.
“You have never lived a commoner’s life before, isn’t it?”
I did not reply.
“Jeon Jungkook… you have to start living like one while you stay with me OK?” She said ruffling my hair. “I know you were born with a silver… nah… gold spoon in your mouth… but adversity brings about change in a person’s life… isn’t it?”

“Don’t discriminate…” I pouted.
“I am not discriminating… I am telling you the fact…But since, the silver spoon is right here… she will make you a proper human before you conquer over the company again!” She smiled and ran both her hands on my hair and then rested it on the back of my neck.
“I believe you…” He smiled.
“I know you do…” I laughed and we walked to our house together.

“Ah! I was so scared when I couldn’t find you early in the morning today!” her mother took my bag of my belongings as soon as we entered the house. “Where were you?”

“I was with my friends, eommonim…” I lied.

“Ah~” My mother said and then noticed the bag with a kilo of carrots in it. “Why are you carrying it?”
Eommonim looked at Eun Sol and shot at her, “Why are you making your Boss carry the things I asked you to bring?”
“I carried it for her…” I answered before Eun Sol retorted.

“You shouldn’t such things… you are our gues-“ She explained.
“Anio…” I stopped her and then looked at Eun Sol. “I am an aleubaiteu… at your restaurant now… I need to learn how to live like a commoner now!”
“Is it?” Eun Sol bit her lip slightly.

Don’t do that, please Eun Sol… it drives me crazy!!

“Ye-Yeah!” I diverted from my thoughts and looked at eommonim.

“Okay then, if that is the decision you have made… then I’ll let Eun Sol play the role of the boss and you as the assistant!” She exclaimed. “Sol-ah… I am going to the shop to prepare the ingredients… please teach him to handle the basics. Come to the restaurant as soon as you finish everything.”

Eun Sol nodded her head and her mother placed the carrots on the slab and put my bag in the guest room.

“You are going to stay in this room from now on…”

I was so disappointed. So disappointed.

“Both of take a shower before laying your hands on the vegetables!” Eommonim said and walked out the house.

“I am going to shower… you go in the other bathroom if you don’t want to wait…” She announced.

“Oie…” I grabbed her wrist.

Come on! We are finally alone in the house!!!

She turned back to look at me, flustered.

“Should we just shower together?” I smirked.