Let Me Explain

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

I ended up staying at the vampire home for an entire week! I didn’t expect to be there for that long, but I didn’t mind too much. Everyone was friendly and nice. I got to meet everyone else when Doojoon finally trusted them around me. I was able to thank Hyungseung for the food he made and tell him how delicious it was. He seemed really touched.

They all seemed like a big family. Hyungseung was the careful motherly type over the younger members. Yoseob and Junhyung reminded me of mischievous siblings, despite the fact that they’re dating. And Dongwoon was like the quiet little brother that stayed to himself and only followed his mother (even though he and Hyungseung were together too). And Doojoon was like the strict father who everyone feared, with the exception of Hyungseung. They were all funny and goofy together.

I truly did enjoy myself and honestly didn’t want to leave. I sort of began to grow some feelings for Doojoon, but I was too embarrassed to really actually think about it. However, I grew homesick. I missed my mother and father a lot, and Youngjae and Jongup. I’m not used to being away from them for more than two days, or really being away from home in general.

“What’s the matter?” Doojoon asked, holding me in his arms. He had been strangely really cuddly lately, but I didn’t mind, he was warm and comfy. “I really need to go home.” I breathed. His grip tightened a little bit and the aura of the room began to feel cold. “Can’t you stay a little longer?” he asked resting his chin on my head. He always asked that each time I told him that I needed to go home, and I gave in every time.

“I’m serious this time.” I said. “Wait till you’re stronger.” He said a hint of tension in his tone. “I’m already strong enough. I’ve been here too long Doojoon. I really have to go home. My friends can’t cover me forever.” I said breaking out of his hold so I could face him. “Too long? Do you not like it here?” he questioned.

I was dumbfounded, not expecting such question. “Wh-What? Of course not. I love it here. Where did that come from?” I said. Doojoon changed his position, his legs hanging off the bed as his back faced me. “You keep talking about how you want to go…to go home.” He said. “Well, I want to see my friends and family.” I said. “Well…you can’t go.” He suddenly said. I blinked, not believing my ears.

“Wh-What?” I questioned hoping I heard wrong. “You can’t leave.” He repeated standing up. “D-Doojoon. You-You can’t be serious. I have to go home. Wh-why can’t you let me go?!” I said infuriated. “I’m never letting you go.” He said darkly. My eyes widened. “D-D-Doojoon.” I said a bit speechless.

“You don’t understand…you won’t understand. I can’t allow myself to let you leave. I can’t imagine you leaving.” He confessed, struggling to find his words. “But…you’ve only known me for a week.” I said taken aback. I could hear my heart thump in my chest. He didn’t say anything, looking somewhat embarrassed. “…I kind of like you too.” I said feeling my insides get warm, I felt like a child.

Doojoon stiffened a little. “Not in the way that I like you.” He suddenly said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “How can you say that?” I said. He turned around and looked at me, his eyes irises were red. I scooted back a little to widen our distance. “Then why don’t you say it? Say it then.” He pressured me. “I-I…” I struggled to say the words. He looked at me unimpressed a hint of hurt in his eyes. “See…” he said quietly.

I dug my fingers into the duvet getting angry. “You can’t just force me to say it! It has to come natural! I’ve only known you for a week for Pete’s sake Doojoon!” I snapped. He didn’t say anything.

Please log in to read the full chapter