Say I Love You

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae’s POV*

The seven of us walked through the strange mystical island in search of the garden. I couldn’t help but study our surroundings carefully as we walked. The place was intriguing, I felt like I was in some kind of paradise that were only in the story books. Passed the beach we walked into a tropical-like area, almost like a forest but less trees.

Everything was a fresh lushes green. The plants were all sorts of wonderful colors and they were pretty big as well. The trees were huge, some bloomed with delicious looking fruit. There were a lot of different bunnies here to, along with cute little chipmunks. “Oh look. Chipmunks! I didn’t know your friends live here.” Daehyun joked. “Well I didn’t know your bunny cousins lived here either.” I said. He just laughed ruffling my hair.

There were also beautiful majestic birds that flew around, sharing the sky with the prettiest of butterflies. The place was so enchanting that it just put you in a good mood. There’s no doubt that the place is magical.

“It’s nice and warm here. The breeze is so nice too.” Zelo breathed, taking in the atmosphere as well. “I wouldn’t mind living here.” Jaehwan said skipping around with a group of bunnies. I chuckled at the scene, bunny rabbits seemed to be attracted to him. “That’s a great idea Jaehwan! I don’t mind living here with you and Youngjae.” Daehyun said. I blushed all the way up to my ears.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun you’re not think about leaving us!” Himchan spat overhearing him. “You guys can move here too I guess.” Daehyun brushed off. “You guys aren’t even mates yet to be thinking about that.” Bang remarked. “Yongguk!!” Himchan scolded. “What? It’s the truth.” He shrugged. “Yah!” Zelo said punching his arm. Bang was unaffected however.

I blushed harder, looking down at the ground feeling slightly embarrassed. Daehyun noticed this and slipped his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers. I felt bad. “Hey…it’s okay.” Daehyun said quietly to where only I could hear him. I didn’t dare to look at him. I knew how much he wanted to be mates and how patient he’s been since the beginning. “I understand. I don’t mind waiting. Becoming mates is a huge commitment, its forever. And if you don’t feel as strongly it’s okay. I don’t want to force you into anything.” He said.

I slowly looked up at him. He doesn’t know. My heart sank a little at that. It is partly my fault though, because of my lack of expressing my feelings towards him. I need to tell him how much I need him. “It’s not ha-,” “Hey! Is that the Garden? I think I see it.” I was immediately cut off by Jongup.

We all looked to where he was pointing and saw an open space of land encircled by a large fancy, tall, white, elegant gate. “Yeah! That’s it!” I said looking back at the book. “We actually found it.” Himchan said sounding surprised. “What? You didn’t think we’d find it?” Daehyun questioned the elder. “No. I just didn’t think we’d find it so soon.” The elder responded.

“What are we waiting for?! Let’s go!” Jaehwan said running straight to the gate. “Jaehwan!” I quickly ran after him. “Hey! Youngjae! Wait up.” Daehyun chased me easily catching up. The others followed behind.

“Whoa~!” Jaehwan said in awe. We all stopped in front of the majestic gate that stood proudly in front of us. “How do we get in?” Jongup asked. “I don’t know.” I said flipping through the book. “Maybe it’s unlocked.” Jaehwan said stepping up to the gate. He tugged on the bats in an attempt to open it when he was suddenly blown backwards by an invisible force and landed hard on his behind.

“Jaehwan. Are you okay?” I asked running to his care. “Yeah, I’m fine. But I probably got some dirt on my pants.” He smiled. I just laughed, shaking my head. Just then someone appeared out of nowhere, standing between us and the gate.

It was a tall guy, with pitch black hair and piercing dark brown eyes. He wore a light maroon cloth trench coat. He looked young, in fact he looked as if he could be around our age. “Who are you? And what are you all doing here?” He asked coldly. His voice was soft but it was cold and sharp like his eyes. He was actually kind of scary, he gave off a cold, unfriendly aura. His presence alone felt powerful as well.

“We’re here to get a plant. Who are you?” Bang spoke. “That’s none of your concern. You guys cannot enter.” The stranger said. The pureblood raised an eyebrow. “If it’s none of our concern then why should we listen to you?” He questioned. “In other words, I don’t have to tell you.” The guy responded, he wasn’t afraid of Bang. “And I’m the only one that can open the gate.”

“Why can’t we go in?” Himchan spoke up. “Not just anyone is allowed in here. The garden is very sacred and delicate. Many people come to try to take advantage of its power that it has to share. You guys aren’t worthy enough to come in.” The guy said. “You don’t even know us! How can you say we’re not worthy?” Daehyun spat.

“Why would a couple of vampires, humans, and a werewolf come all the way here? Not to mention you’re friends with a pureblood, how much more power do you need?” The stranger remarked. Bang growled in annoyance. My eyes widened slightly, how did he know that?

“Please let us enter. We need to save someone before he dies.” I slightly begged. The guy looked over at me. “No…I can’t let…” His voice trailed off as his eyes landed on Jaehwan. His serious face slightly softened into one of confusion as he stared at my younger brother. Jaehwan stared back at him tilting his head. “What’s you your name?” He suddenly asked the 10 year old. “Yah! Answer my question. Why can’t you let us in?” Daehyun said grabbing the stranger by the shoulder, forcing the guy to face him.

The guy narrowed his eyes not very happy by the abrupt gesture. “I already told you. You’re not worthy!” He said pushing Daehyun hard. The vampire stumbled backwards but managed to stay on his feet. “Hey!” I spat now getting upset. “You guys need to leave now.” The mean guy growled through his teeth.

“We’re not leaving. We didn’t waste our time to come here and to leave with nothing.” Bang said folding his arms. “Go now while I’m being nice.” The guy gritted. “We can’t go! Didn’t you hear us? We have to save D.O.! Or else he’ll die!” Jaehwan spoke up standing to his feet.

The guy slowly looked back to Jaehwan and just stared at him. I narrowed my eyes at the strange person, why does he keep staring at Jaehwan like that? “What’s all the fuss about?” a new voice joined in.

A man came into the scene wearing a white robe and holding a few journals in his hand. He was stood on the other side of the gate.

The man was fairly tall and wore a gentle friendly grin on his face, his short black hair was perfectly, neatly in place. “Lord Junghyuk.” The guy bowed immediately. “I told you about the Lord stuff. Don’t call me that. We’re too close for that.” The older man said. “Anyway, what’s going on here?” the Lord Junghyuk man asked his attention over towards us.

“They want to enter but they can’t.” The guy explained. “And why can’t they?” Lord Junghyuk asked. “Because they’re not worthy enough. They just want to take advantage of the garden’s magic.” The guy said. “That’s not true!” Daehyun burst.

The man raised an eyebrow. “Is that so? How do you know that they aren’t worthy? Do you perhaps know them?” he questioned. The younger guy was silent for a second. “Uh…um…no sir.” He finally said. The man nodded and studied each and every one of us carefully.

“They don’t look very harmful.” Lord Junghyuk stated. “Why are you guys here?” This time he asked us. “I…uh…I need to save somebody’s life…” I said hesitantly not really wanting to tell the story again in front of everyone. Just thinking about it made me disgusted with myself. The man caught on and nodded. “Let them in.” He ordered.

“Wh-What? I-I can’t do that.” The other guy said. “Fine. I’ll do it myself then.” Lord Junghyuk waved his hand and the gates slowly opened by itself. “Follow me.” He said leading the way. The rest of us obeyed and followed him. The guy sighed closing the gate behind us and followed Lord Junghyuk as well. “Who are you?” Bang asked curiously after walking for a few seconds.

“Oh I forgot to formally introduce myself. I am Mun Junghyuk. You’ve most likely heard of me. You probably know me by the name Eric.” The man said. My eyes widened. “You’re the guardian of Sanando Hortum.” I said in realization, his name was mentioned in the book as well. “Yes…and it’s my home.” The man smiled warmly.

“Wait…Eric?” Just then Zelo suddenly gasped. “You’re a wizard. One of the greatest in the world!” Zelo said in surprise. “Haha, I wouldn’t say greatest but I do admit I am pretty good.” The man chuckled. “It’s an honor to meet you.” Zelo bowed. The man bowed his head in acknowledgement.

“What’s your name?” Jaehwan asked the stranger innocently. The guy just looked at him with an expressionless face. “My name is Jung Taekwoon…but just call me Leo.” He answered quietly. “Nice to meet you Taekwoon or Leo. My name is Jaehwan. I have a nickname too! It’s Ken! You can call me either one if you want to.” Jae

Please log in to read the full chapter