Tender Love

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae’s POV* 

Daehyun has actually been a tremendous help the past week or so, helping us with the farm…well after he got the hang of things.

He got obsessed with feeding the pigs, even though they always messed with him. It turns out that he named them, Pork Chops, Hot Dog, Bacon, and Chitlins. Bacon, apparently, was his favorite.

Daehyun thinks he’s slick leaving a note in my back pocket while working and on my night stand before I go to sleep. I’ve never seen him actually do it, but who else is quick and creepy enough to leave random letters for me. The letters were small notes with nothing but sweet nothings on them. They were really nice and cheesy at the same time. He’s actually a really nice person, creepy at times, but nice.

Sometimes he stayed the night if we ended up working longer hours and had to wake up early the next morning. He eats a lot! A few times he brought food from home or other dimensions so that he didn’t end up eating all our food. Even though regular food didn’t do anything for vampires, he liked the taste…a lot.

“Do your parents know that I’m a vampire?” Daehyun asked me one night when he slept over. I shook my head. “Oh...I should probably tell them. Haha, it just occurred to me that they might not know.” he said, flashing his award winning smile. He’s always smiling and laughing. “No, you can’t tell them!” I quickly said. He furrowed his brow a bit confused. “Why not? Do they have something against vampires? Are they scared of us?” he questioned.

“It’s not that…It’s just…It’s just that, what happened to Kikwang. My parents don’t want to happen to me. They don’t want me to be taken away and not able to ever return.” I spoke quietly, messing with my fingers. Daehyun sat up and looked at me. “What does that have to do with me being a vampire?” He asked a tiny bit of offense in his tone. “Not all vampires are the same.”

“It’s…It’s not that. It’s just that they don’t want me to…erm be in a relationship with one…and they know that I’m already close to you.” I said the last part even quieter, rubbing my arm shyly. This was beginning to feel even more awkward. “Sooo~…You think you’d end up being in a relationship with me?” he asked curiously.

I blushed hard. “Wh-What kind of question is that?” I said bashfully. “Youngjae, do you like me?” He asked, suddenly getting serious.

I froze, hearing my own heart pound in my chest. I never really thought about that. I mean I like him as a person, but I never really sorted out my feelings for him. I do like being around him more than most people. It’s such a sudden question to ask and to answer within minutes. “Youngjae.” Daehyun said pulling me out of bed. “Wh-What are you doing?” I asked. “Just come with me.” He said placing a mint on his tongue.

I didn’t have to ask any more questions and held onto him tightly as a burning sensation engulfed my entire body.

 

 

I opened my eyes a few seconds later to see that we were at a familiar place.

“The Beach?” I said looking around the place. “Yup! The first place we traveled together.” He informed. I looked at him sensing that we weren’t here to ‘hang out.’ Daehyun blushed a little, sensing my suspicion. “I don’t know if this is too much or too little to ask you a serious question.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I raised an eyebrow. “I mean it’s not a super serious question, but it is important.” He said. I stood there listening to him carefully. “What I’m trying to say is that I like you a lot. Like a lot, a lot. I want to be with you, more than friends. So…so I figured this would be the perfect place to ask you to out with me.’ He finally confessed.

I just stood there stunned, blinking. I had a feeling he was going to ask that, but I was still surprised. I wanted to say yes, I really did…just to please him. But I have to consider my own feelings too. I don’t want to go out with him and then realize that I can’t return the same feelings and break his heart. I took a deep breath, this was going to be extremely hard. Was it possible to just run away? Until I had an answer? “Daehyun…” I began.

“I really like hanging around you. You always brighten my day. I want to say ‘yes’ to make you happy. But I haven’t sorted out my feelings for you yet. I don’t want to be in a relationship with you and suddenly change my mind. I don’t want to hurt you.” I said, I felt my chest burn as I spoke, the butterflies in my stomach going on a rampage…I didn’t want to do this to him.

The elder nodded in understanding, smiling softly. I felt terrible.

I hugged him tightly. “I’m not saying no or yes. But give me time to sort my feelings, then I’ll give you my answer. The thing is that I don’t know how long it will take.” I said, burring my face in his chest. “I understand…It’s okay, I’ll wait as long as it takes you to sort your feelings.” He smiled, hugging me back. Even though he was okay with it, it still hurt hearing those words. It hurt me. I felt as if I had practically rejected him.

Without warning I felt heat engulf my body. I held onto Daehyun tightly.

We were back in my room.

I climbed back into the bed and Daehyun slipped into his sleeping bag. We didn’t talk for the rest of the night and went to sleep. Even while sleeping I felt terrible…he didn’t say Good Night.

 

 

The next morning not many words were exchanged between us, with the exception of ‘Good Morning’. Even during Breakfast Daehyun hardly spoke to me. He did talk a lot to Jaehwan and spoke to my mother a little. If he was mad at me or hurt, I completely understand. But the thing was that he didn’t seem mad nor hurt. He did give me a friendly smile like he does every other day.

When we went out to work on the farm he didn’t say much either, and when we usually worked he would talk my ears off! I tried to start a conversation with him, but he would quickly shut it down with a one or two word response.

Eventually I got tired of it. So when he went over to brush the horses I followed after him so that we’d be alone. “Daehyun, what’s the matter? Are you upset with me? I thought you said you understood.” I said getting straight to the point. “Nothing is wrong. I’m not upset with you, and I do understand.” He simply answered, focusing mostly on the task at hand.

“Then why are you suddenly not talking to me and avoiding me?” I questioned. The elder stopped what he was doing and looked at me. “I don’t want to get in the way of you thinking about your feelings. I figured it’d go by faster and it would be easier for you if I wasn’t distracting you.” He explained innocently.

“Wh-What are you saying?” I asked, needing more details. “I figured that I distracted you from considering your feelings towards me, since you still don’t know them yet. So, I wanted to give you some space.” He said. I nodded comprehending what he meant. “I mean…I still want to talk to you, but I guess you’re right. I do want to give you an answer as soon as possible.” I said. “Mm hm.” Was Daehyun’s response as he returned to tending the horses. “Okay, well I

Please log in to read the full chapter