Cave Me In

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae’s POV*

There was a harsh, loud banging on my bedroom door, abruptly interrupting me out of my sleep. “What?!” I growled not appreciating the rude awakening. “Youngjae, can I come in? It’s me Jongup.” My eyes widened. He sounded worried. Why did he sound worried? “Y-Yes. Come in.” I said, sitting up. Without waiting another second Jongup entered the room, closing the door behind him. He looked scared and antsy. “What is it?” I asked concerned. “It’s…It’s Kikwang. He’s…He’s gone.” Jongup said.

My heart jumped. “G-Gone? What do you mean gone?” I questioned getting anxious. “I went in his room, his bed was unmade and his window was wide open. I told his parents that he went out to meet you at the fields, so they wouldn’t worry. But Kikwang isn’t here either. Do you know where he might’ve went? Did something happen when I was gone working with Mr. Lee?” he spilled.

I bit my nail, reflecting on the previous day. “Well, he did seem a little strange. When we were leaving he just kept staring in the direction towards the woods.” I said. Just then a terrible thought hit me. “Oh no! Don’t tell me he went into the woods!” I nearly snapped. Jongup’s eyes widened, “Was there anything else?” he questioned.

I continued to think. “When we were leaving I heard a high friendly voice call out saying ‘Let’s be friends.’ Kikwang didn’t say anything and only asked me what was wrong, when he saw my reaction. So I assumed he didn’t hear it and thought my mind was playing tricks on me. But he probably did hear it!” I said wanting to cry at this point. “But why didn’t he say anything?” Jongup asked more to himself. I looked up at the werewolf. “Jongup…we’re going to have to go into the woods.”

I quickly hopped out of bed and ran to my bathroom, brushing my teeth and changing my clothes. I didn’t bother to fix my hair, there was no time for that. When I finished Jongup and I ran down the stairs to the front door. “Whoa~, what’s the rush?” My mother chuckled.

“Good Morning Umma.” I greeted forcing a last minute smile. “Morning. Where are you heading so quickly to?” She asked curiously. “Oh…we’re meeting Kiki at the fields.” I said trying to remain as patient as possible, to not raise any suspicion. “Oh, aren’t you going to eat first?” She said. Ugh, Mom~! Out of all times. “Kikwang is bringing food, so we’re going to eat there.” I lied.

I felt terrible lying to her, but I didn’t want her to worry, nor Kikwang’s parents. If they found out…Kikwang will be locked away in his room forever. “Shouldn’t you bring food as well? It’s fair that way. Here I just made some-,” “No thanks mom. We’re late. I’ll bring food next time. Bye~!” I said dashing out the door. Jongup followed behind after saying goodbye to my mother.

It took a good fifteen minutes before we were finally in front of the infamously dangerous woods. Jongup sniffed around using his werewolf sense to track Kikwang’s scent, it didn’t take him long at all. “He went this way.” Jongup announced pointing into the woods. My eyes widened and my heart rate sped a little. He actually did go in there.

Jongup sighed, knowing exactly what I was thinking. “You can stay here. I’ll go in there and look for him.” The younger offered, taking a step forward. “No!” I quickly protested, tugging on his sleeve. “I want to look for him too.” I insisted. He nodded in understanding. “Just stay close to me.” He advised. I nodded and followed closely behind him as we stepped into the woods.

 

My heart pounded as we roamed through the woods, from fear of the unknown and fear for Kikwang. So many scenarios scrambled in my mind, one right after the other, and none of them turned out good.

Jongup’s nose twitched, causing him to make a face. “Wh-What is it?” I asked, concerned. “There’s another scent. Someone else was with him.” He said. He knew what kind of creature was with Kikwang, but he didn’t say what, which only made me worry even more. “You know what kind of creature was with him? I squeaked afraid that I already knew the answer. The younger sniffed the air again just to double check, and he frowned at the result. “He was with a vampire.” He said barely above a whisper. The confirmed information frightened everything out of me.

The rest of our walk was silent, I didn’t even bother to think to myself. I was numbed with fear for my closest friend, who I’ve known all my life. The only thought that evaded my mind was a prayer that Kikwang would be alive and safe.

We roamed for another good hour or so when Jongup abruptly stopped in his tracks holding his arm out, signaling for me not to move any further. “He’s here.” Jongup said, but his voice was shaky. “He’s alive?!” I asked overwhelmed with excitement. The werewolf nodded. “He’s in that house.” He announced, pointing to a large two story maroon house…it was really big. It looked comfortable and homey, but gave off a cold, chilling feeling.

“C-Can we get him?” I asked. He shook his head taking a few steps backwards. “Th-That’s Beast territory. If we go in…we both die. Especially if Doojoon is home.” Jongup said. I backed up as well, until we were a few feet away from the territory.

“We’re going to have to wait until they release him. And who knows how long that will be.” Jongup said. I was relieved that Kikwang was alive, but now a new burden laid on our shoulders…what do we do until then? If he’s still alive.

“Okay. Well, we can ask Kikwang’s parents if it’s okay if Kikwang can spend the night at my place for the next couple of days.” I said. Jongup nodded. “And if he’s not here by then, we can find someone who can make potions that can turn me into a Kikwang look-alike.” Jongup added. “And then I can tell them that it was time for you to return home.” I said. “And when Kikwang comes back, I can also so call ‘return’.” He said.

“Yeah…let’s just hope he comes back before then.” I sighed as we turned back around for our journey back. Oh Kikwang, please be careful.

 

*Kikwang’s POV*

I slowly opened my eyes, they slightly widened as I looked around the room. It definitely wasn’t my room, it was much bigger and had fancy décor and the bed I was laying on was queen sized and much more comfortable than my own. “Is this a dream?” I asked myself quietly.

Just then the memory of last night flashed in my mind. I slowly felt my neck just to be in contact with a bandage. The fear from the event instantly overwhelmed my body. I shook in internal fright, my eyes watering. How could I have been so stupid?!

I felt something staring at me. I slowly turned my head towards the direction of the stare, wincing in pain a little. I nearly jumped out of my skin!

There was a tall man dressed in all black, wearing a black trench coat, leaning in the corner staring at me with cold beady eyes.

“Aaahhh!!!” I screamed in terror, falling out of the bed, the duvet wrapped tightly around me. I spotted a window and tried to scoot towards it in a vain attempt to escape, as the tears trickled down my cheeks.

I didn’t get far when I suddenly couldn’t move anymore, the duvet betraying me by restraining my movements. I looked back to see the man’s foot on the duvet. “No! Get away from me! Don’t touch me!” I screamed fighting back.

“Calm down. Please.” His voice was low and only frightened me even more. “Leave me alone! Don’t hurt me! Just let me go! I want to go home!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, crying.

“I’m not going to hurt you…I promise. I’m the one who saved you from Hyungwon. You’re safe here, no one will attack you.” His voice was low and soothing. He looked me deep in my eyes rubbing my arm gently in rhythm, actually calming me down for a few seconds.

My calmness, however, did last long. I immediately busted into tears, remembering Hyungwon’s words. ‘You’re probably the stupidest human I ever came across.’ He was right. “I’m so stupid!” I cried, bringing my knees to my chest. “I wasn’t supposed to go in the woods, but I went anyway!” I continued to cry. “I-I even trusted a stranger!” I bawled my heart out, feeling like a complete idiot. “I-I was tricked…I al-almost died b-because I let my curiosity get the best of me!” I went on crying harder.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter