Wake Me Up

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*3rd Person*

Mr. Lee was surprised to see a group of 22 people walk up to his home, not to mention 90% of them were vampires. “How did you guys get out?” Doojoon asked Kikwang and Zelo, more shocked than angry, he was for sure that there was no way for them to get out.

“You just can’t stop us.” Kikwang shrugged, only to receive a glare in return from the pureblood, he was definitely in trouble this time. “Somewhere they can’t escape huh?” Bang scoffed even more irritated. Zelo rolled his eyes as he was furious at the elder.

“You all must be here to see your friend.” Mr. Lee greeted the group. Kai and Daehyun nodded. “Um…I don’t think all of you will be able to fit in my house, unless you don’t mind a tight squeeze.” Mr. Lee said. “It’s okay. Just Kai and I will go in.” Daehyun said. The man nodded and led the two vampires inside his home, leaving the others to wait amongst themselves.

Baekhyun caressed Chanyeol’s hair as the younger slowly regained consciousness. “Ah~…What happened?” Chanyeol asked having a major headache. “Um…I’m sorry…” Kikwang apologized walking up to the two. Baekhyun just narrowed his eyes at the elder human. Chanyeol looked confused. “Is the fight over?” He asked. Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol looked back at Kikwang and smiled softly. “It’s okay.” He said.

Doojoon was talking to Kris telling him about the whole misunderstanding. Kris nodded listening carefully. “Wow, that’s crazy how things turned out.” Suho said. Bang just nodded half-listening to the younger, he was busy staring at Zelo, who was completely ignoring his presence all together.

Bang felt bad but more frustrated than anything. Why can’t he just understand? He thought to himself. “There’s no hard feelings between us right?” Suho asked, not wanting to create anymore enemies. “I’m willing to forgive this, as long as you guys do the same.” He said. “Yeah, sure. Already forgotten.” Yongguk said half-heartedly. Suho noticed this and followed Yongguk’s line of gaze and raised an eyebrow when his eyes landed on Zelo.

“Himchan!” Jongup called spotting the vampire he was looking for. He pushed pass everyone trying to get to him. Himchan heard his name being called and saw the werewolf making his way towards him. “Ugh, why won’t he leave me alone?” Himchan muttered under his breath, he really didn’t want to talk to the younger at the moment. He was about to walk away when Jongup grabbed his wrist before he could get far.

Himchan narrowed his eyes at him. “Let go.” His words were cold. “Himchan please hear me out. Let me explain.” Jongup pleaded. “Explain what? Explain why you lied to me? And everyone else?” Himchan spat. “I-I never lied. I just didn’t tell you guys.” Jongup said.

“It’s the same thing. You led us to believe that you were a normal werewolf. It’s not like you forgot, and you had plenty of chances to tell us. You actually led me to believe that we may…actually have had a chance.” Himchan’s tone became quieter as he got misty-eyed. “Himchan…” Jongup sighed.

The elder looked at him with angry eyes. “You made a fool of me.” He accused. “Himchan, I…” Jongup didn’t know what to say. “Don’t talk to me…ever again.” Himchan said coldly. He yanked his wrist from the younger’s grip and walked away.

Jongup stood their sadly his shoulders slumped. Hyungseung went up to the werewolf and patted his shoulder gently. “Don’t worry. Give him some time, he’ll come around soon. But, don’t give up so soon.” Hyungseung advised. Jongup smiled sadly at him and nodded. “Thanks.”

 

*Daehyun’s POV*

“My wife is still working on him. She’s in the middle of cutting open the wound.” Mr. Lee information as the two of us sat down in the family room. Just then there was a sudden knock on the front door. Kikwang’s father answered it to see lay standing there.

“Yes? How may I help you?” He asked. “Well…um…I’m a healer and was wondering if it was okay if I could help out in any way.” Lay said. “Yes, of course. She’d like that very much. Let me show you the way.” The owner of the home said closing the door behind Lay before taking him down the hallway, and leaving Kai and I to sit there alone.

I noticed Kai sat there nervously. “I’m sorry.” He suddenly apologized throwing me completely off guard. “Why…are you sorry?’ I asked for “For everything, I guess I shouldn’t be apologizing to but to Youngjae. I completely ruined his life.” He sighed. “Well, don’t feel too bad. You did what any other vampire would do to someone who killed their mate.” I said. “The worst thing is that it turns out that Kyungsoo really isn’t dead.” He sighed in melancholy. “Well…thanks to you Youngjae and I became mates.” I said nudging him with my elbow.

He just looked at me as if I were stupid. “You guys would’ve became mates anyway.” He remarked. “Yeah, but it happened way sooner.” I tried to smile at him. He just shook his head. “You’re stupid.” He muttered. “Yah! I’m only trying to make you feel better!” I defended. “I can make you feel even guiltier if you prefer that.” I murmured.

The younger just sighed. “If Kyungsoo makes it out alive, then I’ll do my best to compensate for everything I did.” He promised sincerely. “But if…he doesn’t…” Kai didn’t dare to finish his sentence. “Don’t think that way. He will come out alive.” I told him sternly. “He has to.”

“I hope so…” he said.

 

Mr. Lee returned a few minutes later. He poured us some herbal tea to warm us up while we waited. “Where’s Youngjae” I asked him, I could feel his presence, so he was definitely here somewhere. “He’s in the infirmary room.” Mr. Lee answered sounding somewhat sad. This worried me a little. “…Can I…see him?” I asked hesitantly already knowing the answer.

Mr. Lee swallowed hard. “He’s in a lot of pain right now…so just let him rest until my wife calls you in.” He said. I nodded in understanding. “Well, I have some work today. Are you guys fine here?” He asked. The two of us nodded and with that he left us to ourselves again.

I slouched back in the couch, worry overcoming me. This was my fault. I promised him that I’d make sure that he didn’t get turned into a vampire, and I failed. I should’ve just stayed with him the whole time…then none of this would have happened. “I’m sorry Youngjae…” I breathed quietly.

We waited there for house in silence. Night eventually fell and we both ended up falling asleep due to extreme exhaustion.

 

 

 

“Jongin, Daehyun…” I heard a soft voice call in the middle of my deep sleep. “Jongin, Daehyun wake up.” The soft voice was much closer this time and I felt my body being shaken lightly. “Come on, we’re done.”

I slowly opened my eyes to see that I was still in the Lee’s family room. Lay was hovering over us, trying to wake us up. That’s when it hit me.

Kai and I shot up to our feet at the same time. “You’re done?!” I repeated. Lay nodded. “Follow me, but when you go in you have to be very quiet. Both of them are in weak states right now.” Lay said. I raised an eyebrow. ‘Both of them’? But I nodded and followed Lay to the back where the infirmary room was located.

 

 

Lay slowly closed the door behind us once all three of us were in the room.

D.O. was laid flat on the bed, still unconscious, but he did look much healthier than before. His skin was no longer pale, signaling that blood was pumping through his veins again. I looked around the room not spotting Youngjae anywhere. However, there was a long blue curtain that cut off a fourth of the room from the rest of it. He must be on the other side.

Kai slowly made his way over to the unconscious human’s side, falling into the seat that was next to the bed. “Kyungsoo…” he trembled taking the elder’s hand in his.

“The gel didn’t just have the nectar we needed.” Mrs. Lee said standing next to me. Lay stood on the opposite side of the bed watching his fellow clan members. “What do you mean?” I asked her. She looked at me. “It was mixed with something else.” She said. Kai rubbed his thumb gently against the back of D.O.’s hand, tears streaming down his cheeks. “…Kyungsoo…” He whimpered.

“What? How is that? But he said that he’d help us out. What does this mean?” I questioned. “I think Junghyuk knew what he was doing when he made the mixture.” She said looking back at the three Exo members. I looked at her confused, not comprehending what she was saying.

“He added an extra herb that extends one’s lifespan. In other words, D.O. has the life span of a vampire now. But he’s still human and can be killed just the same way as a human with a normal human lifespan.” She finally said. I raised an eyebrow at this. Why did he do that? “I think he knew that it’s what both of them wanted. They had probably requested it before, but Junghyuk never did it until now.” She said reading my mind.

“Kyungsoo…I’m sorry. I’m so sorry that this happened to you. I promise I won’t let it happen again. I won’t leave you alone.” Kai sniffled. The human remained there unconscious. “J-Just please come back. You said that you would come back.” Kai cried, burying his face in the bed right near Kyungsoo’s side. “…but you never came.” He muffled into the sheets.

Mrs. Lee watched them sadly, feeling bad for the vampire, yet relieved for him at the same time. “Why…did you come for me?” A weak voice suddenly croaked.

Everyone seemed to freeze at that moment. “…I told you to wait for me.” The voice spoke again.

Kai slowly lifted his head up, his eyes wide. D.O. smiled weakly at him.

“K-K-Kyungsoo.” Kai could barely get out. “Jongin.” D.O. said hugging the younger’s neck. Kai hugged him back, making sure to hug him gently, not wanting to hurt him. “I’ve missed you so much.” D.O. muffled into Kai’s shirt, tears streaming down his cheeks. “I thought you were dead.” Kai said trying hard to fight back his own tears, though he failed miserably.

“I thought I was dead.” D.O. chuckled ironically through his tears. The two looked at each other.

“Don’t scare me like that again. I had no reason to live without you here.” Kai said. “Awe, Jongin, you always have a reason to live even if I’m not hear.” D.O. sniffled. “I refuse to live without you.” Kai insisted. D.O. buried his face in the vampire’s shoulder, crying. “I’m sorry for making you suffer.” D.O. apologized.

Kai held the elder tighter. “Kyungsoo…” he breathed. Lay sniffled a little at the scene. “I’m so glad you’re alive.” Kai breathed in ultimate relief.

Mrs. Lee sniffled, wipin

Please log in to read the full chapter