Bleed Out

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

The week went by much faster than I had expected, or hoped. I put off telling my parents about my situation until two days before it was time for me to leave, with Youngjae and Jongup both there by my side so I’d feel a little more comfortable.

My parents didn’t take the news very well. In fact, my mother started crying, which only made me feel worse, but they completely understood why I had to go back and didn’t keep me from going.

I spent all my time, every second of the day with my family and friends. Zelo, Himchan, and Daehyun even came to visit the last couple of days. On the last day we had a large dinner with my family, Youngjae’s family, and Zelo, Himchan, and Daehyun.

After dinner I packed my stuff and said my last farewell to everyone. I was actually kind of embarrassed from all the attention. “Don’t forget about me.” Jaehwan said hugging my leg, being the last one to say goodbye. “I won’t. I can’t ever forget little JaeJae.” I chuckled light-heartedly. “You can’t possibly go out there in the woods this late at night. It’s too dangerous.” My mother said with much concern. “Don’t worry Mrs. Lee, I’ll go with him.” Jongup smiled sweetly. “Me too.” Youngjae jumped.

“Then…I’ll go as well.” Daehyun spoke up. “Me too!” Zelo jumped as well.

“We can’t go. If we go near their territory, problems will certainly stir up again.” Himchan said sadly. Zelo pouted understanding what he meant. “Don’t worry! Poppy will go and protect you guys too!” Jaehwan sang holding up his little bunny rabbit. “Haha…It’s okay buddy. We got this. It may be a little dangerous for Poppy.” Jongup said ruffling the 10 year old’s hair.

“If you need any help you can always write me…or somehow contact me. I’ll be glad to help.” Zelo said giving me a hug. “I will, and thank you.” I thanked, hugging him back. The younger has really helped me out this week by telling me all he knew about purebloods, since he himself is a mate with an obsessive pureblood as well. He seemed to truly understand my situation and wanted to help in any way possible. I was really grateful for him.

“Well, goodbye everyone.” I said picking up my bags. My parents gave me one last hug before letting me go. “Be safe.” Mrs. Yoo called as the three of us made our way towards the woods.

 

 

When we entered the woods Jongup’s irises turned a bright yellow, keeping an eye out and leading the way. Not very many words were exchanged between the three of us as we traveled through the night, maneuvering between large trees and rocks. There really wasn’t much to say anyway, all was said during the week. Now was the time to soak in one another’s presence. “We’re here.” Jongup announced an hour later.

“But it’s still pretty far away.” Youngjae said. “This is the furthest we can go. The rest is Beast territory.” Jongup told him. Youngjae nodded in understanding. “Huh~, I guess this is where we say our final goodbyes.” He sighed. “It’s not like you’ll never see me again.” I chuckled trying to lighten the mood. “But it will be a while.” Jae said.

“I promise I’ll come and visit. I promise. I said, hugging the two of them. “Be careful and don’t go anywhere on your own…please.” Jongup said. “I will.” I smiled. With that I said one last and final goodbye and walked the rest of the way to the house.

The house seemed much bigger than before and much more intimidating than I had remembered. The aura was also dark and gloomy. I took a deep breath before knocking on the large black door. At least I’ll get to see the others again and eat Hyungseung’s food. I tried to think on the bright side. The door slowly cracked open, revealing the second oldest Beast member. “Kikwang?” Hyungseung was surprised to see me.

“Hi Hyungseung.” I greeted. “Wh-what are you doing here? You…You shouldn’t be here. You must go before he finds out you’re here.” Hyungseung said warily. He saw the bags in my hands and looked at me with confusion. “I’m here to give him a chance. He saved my life. The least I can do is give him a chance.” I said firmly. “You know once you come in it’ll be even harder to leave than last time. I won’t be able to help you this time.” He said. “I know.” I breathed. The elder nodded and opened the door wider, allowing me inside.

I stepped into the large home to see that it was darker than usual. All of the blinds and curtains were closed, no light was even except for the ones that were in the bedrooms. Hyungseung carefully closed the door behind me. “Wh-What’s going on? The place seems gloomier than what I remember.” I said shivering a little, feeling a cold breeze blow by. “It’s been like this all week.” Hyungseung sighed. “Dongwoon!” he called.

Four seconds later the said vampire ran out his room, joining us. “Oh…Hi Kikwang.” He spoke quietly, bowing slightly. “Can you take his bags upstairs into the guest room?” Hyungseung asked. The younger member nodded taking my bags, running back upstairs. “I’ll explain everything, but first why don’t you take a seat? I’ll make you some tea.” He said. All I could do was nod and sat down at the Kitchen table while Hyungseung went into the kitchen to make the tea.

It only took a few minutes for him to make the tea and join me at the table. “Hmm…so where shall I begin?” He said reflecting back on the week. “Ah, when you left. So when Doojoon returned everyone was hiding in their room, except for me, of course.” He began.

“He was already suspicious just telling by the mood of the place. I decided to tell him up front that you were gone, since things would turn out worse if he found out himself. He wasn’t happy, of course. He didn’t believe me and went to check himself. By that time everyone had gained the courage to come out of their rooms. When Doojoon came back out from the room he was beyond angry. He was about to go get you but I told him that he couldn’t force you to stay because you weren’t mates.” He went on.

“However, that only ticked him off and he threw me down the stairs. Junhyung stepped in and tried to fight him off to keep him from leaving, but he got his arm broken severely in the process, it’s still healing on its own right now. He’s in his room with Yoseob caring for him. And as you know…Doojoon ended up leaving anyway.” He paused for a bit.

“I’m sorry. This is all my fault.” I sighed feeling guilt overwhelm me. “Don’t be. We knew what we were getting ourselves into…but I don’t think Doojoon knew.” He said looking down at his tea cup, his tone becoming sad. “When he came back his mood was completely different. He looked…he looked depressed. He didn’t say anything and went straight to his room. He wanted all the lights off, the curtains closed, and no one to bother him. He stayed in his room since then. He hasn’t come out at all.” He finished.

“I’m worried for him. The more powerful beings are more vulnerable and needy for their mate and it’s hard for them to be away from their mate for a certain amount of time…but I don’t get it…it hasn’t been that long.” He informed, the worry in his eyes was prominent. “He probably feels bad for what he did…and because of what I said.” I spoke quietly.

Silence fell between us as the elder vampire sipped his tea, me not even touching mine. I took a deep breath, “I need to see him…right now.” I finally said. He raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure you want to do that?” He questioned. I nodded confidently. I have to make it up to him. “Just go through the living room and his room is in the back left corner.” He instructed. “Thank you.” I said standing to my feet. He just smiled, “Good Luck.”

I followed Hyungseung’s directions and before I knew it I was standing in front of two large, fancy, maroon double doors. I gulped a little turning the handle to one of the doors, opening it. The door was heavy and closed on its own behind me, leaving the room pitch black.

The melancholy aura of the room was strongest here. I d the wall and found a light switch flicking upwards. The light very dim, but brightened a little throughout time as the bulb warmed up.

The room was huge, it had to be 10 times bigger than mine at home and three times bigger than the guest room I had stayed in. It was pretty fancy, much fancier than the rest of the house. It looked as if it could have belonged to a king! However, the room was quite a mess, it seemed as if it had been neglected for weeks or even months.

I looked around the room and saw Doojoon laid on top of a huge bed on top of the duvet. He was laid on his stomach, hiding his face and his entire front side. He was still in the same clothing I had last seen him in and his hair was a shaggy mess. I slowly walked up to the bed, walking around to the other side of it. It didn’t even look like he was breathing

Please log in to read the full chapter