Beautiful Night

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

I peeked one eye open to see that it was dark and the stars were out. I pushed the blanket off of me fully dressed for my mini adventure. I peeked out of my door to scan the area. All of the lights were out and everything off. My parents and Jongup were all fast asleep. Yes! I mentally cheered as I carefully closed my door back.

I tip toed to my window and unlatched it, then I pushed it open. I looked around my room one more time before climbing out. “I’ll be back.” I whispered as I made my way down the side of the house. It was really tricky getting down since there was hardly anything to step on.

It felt like hours before I finally slipped and landed on my bum. At least I wasn’t too far up, I thought to myself getting up, running towards the direction of where the woods were.

I know it’s a stupid idea going to the woods alone, without telling anyone, in the middle of the night. But today I saw something. When Jae, Jongup and I were chilling at our normal spot (away from the woods) I had saw something running. Well I couldn’t see exactly see it. It was more of a blur. Later on that day I had also felt something brush past us and when I asked Youngjae if he felt it, he said it was just wind. And I couldn’t ask Jongup because he had already went back to the farm to help my dad with something. Finally, as Youngjae and I were leaving I had looked over my shoulder and saw someone standing there. I remembered exactly what he looked like. He had light blonde hair that laid messy on his head. He had smiled friendly at me and waved. “Let’s be friends.” He called out excitedly.

Youngjae had heard it too, but by the time he turned around the guy was gone and he just shrugged it off. When I asked him if something was wrong he shook his head and said that his mind was just messing with him. But I know for sure that he heard it, and it wasn’t my imagination. Luckily before the stranger disappeared I had saw that he headed towards the woods. So that’s why I am doing this.

 

Ten minutes later I arrived at the fields that led into the woods and to my surprise the guy was there. “Hello there.” The stranger smiled cheekily. “H-Hi.” I said staying a good distance away. “I knew you would come, but you were a little later than I had expected.” His voice was sweet and adorable.

“S-Sorry?” I said rubbing the back of my neck. “Haha! Don’t be sorry. We didn’t plan anything…um, where is your friend? I thought he would come with you.” He spoke innocently. “Um…he’s asleep.” I said. The guy nodded in understanding. “Um…what was that you said earlier? That you wanted to be my friend?” I brought up. “Oh…Hehe, well you looked like a really nice person…and…and something about you just made me want to be your friend.” He said shyly, looking away.

I blushed a little at the compliment, “Then why didn’t you talk to us?” I asked. “I couldn’t stay long. I’m not allowed to be beyond the woods.” He said sadly. I nodded understanding completely how he felt. “Why not?” I questioned out of curiosity. The stranger shrugged. “My family won’t let me.” He pouted. I nodded for a second time. He looked at me and frowned, “Why are you so far away? Do you think I’m going to hurt you? Are you scared of me?” he quizzed sounding a bit hurt.

“Oh no! It’s just that I don’t know what you are.” I said quickly. “Oh.” He suddenly laughed. “Sorry, I forgot humans can’t tell what a creature is by smell or senses. I’m a werewolf, my name is Hyungwon.” He introduced cutely. “Really? I have a friend who’s a werewolf too! He’s cool. Werewolves seem pretty cool.” I said, the last part more to myself.

“Yeah, we werewolves are chill and awesome. Vampires are ew and ugly and gross.” Hyungwon said pretending to gag. “You believe vampires are real?” I asked in shock, probably sounding stupid. “Of course, they’re real!” Hyungwon said. “Oh…sorry. My friend doesn’t think they’re real, we’ve never seen one before.” I said. “Pfft…I wish they weren’t real. You’re lucky you haven’t seen one. What’s your name by the way? I told you mine.” He said.

“Oh! Haha! Um, it’s Kikwang.” I said introducing myself. “Nice to meet you Kikwang. Do you wanna see something cool I made?” He spoke in a cheery voice. “Sure. What is it?” I asked. “It’s a surprise. But it’s really big, too big for me to carry, it’s in the woods.” He said. I froze. “Th-the woods?” I repeated. He nodded enthusiastically. “Let’s go!” he said.

“Um…I can’t…I’m not allowed to go into the woods.” I said. He pouted. “Awe? Why not? Please?” He begged pulling out the p

Please log in to read the full chapter