Bad Day

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae's POV*

We arrived home the next day right before noon. Mother was the first to spot us and ran straight to us. Jaehwan hopped off his horse and ran to her hugging her tightly. “Umma!” Jaehwan said burying his face in her dress. “What happened? Where’s the wagon? Youngjae! What happened to you neck?” Mother questioned worried.

I slowly climbed down the horse feeling completely out of it. Throughout the rest of the ride back I had been worrying about our future and what more father may put himself through. “What’s going on? What happened?” Father asked walking up to us. I sighed. I really didn’t want to tell them, but there was no way I could lie. “We were attacked…by 5 people and they, took the wagon I breathed.

Mother gasped. “What about your neck?” Father asked firmly. “One of them choked me.” I said quietly. “But Daehyun saved us!” Jaehwan perked before any other questions were asked.

“Daehyun? Who’s that?” Father asked. “He’s the guy who saved us Appa. That’s how we were able to escape.” Jaehwan said. “Oh. I’m so sorry, I knew I shouldn’t have asked you to go out there on your own all alone.” Mother sighed full of regret.

“It’s not your fault. I shouldn’t have allowed it.” Father said trying to calm my mother. “No! It’s a good thing that we went. If you went father, you probably wouldn’t have made it. It’s better that we went.” I insisted. “Besides, I’m going back out there.” I announced. My 3 family members all looked at me as if I were crazy.

“I’m going back out there to look for the wagon and get it back.” I spoke firmly. “No you won’t.” My father said. “Yes I will. We need that money supply for the next 2 months.” I argued. “Youngjae I said no. It’s dangerous to go wandering.” He said. “I don’t care.”

“We don’t need the money that badly. I’ll come up with something.” Father said. “We do need it. You’re worn out Appa! And Jaehwan and I can only do so much. I’m not going to watch you wear and tear. I will get that wagon.” I urged. “Youngjae! You can’t just go wandering! It’s too dangerous, if you don’t know where you are and what you’re doing then the world is a dangerous and vicious place! Now you’re not going anywhere-.” “Appa! Let me help you.” I begged desperately. “Don’t worry about me. I rather wither away than allow my son to be killed.” He said firmly and coldly.

I bit my lip and stormed into the house up to my room, slamming the door behind me. I know I was getting worked up for no reason, but this is a big deal to me. I don’t like seeing my dad work so hard and be in pain because of it. It hurts me. I help him out all the time but somehow he ends up overworking himself. It’s not healthy and I don’t want anything happen to him…but he won’t listen to me.

I ended up sleeping through the whole afternoon, I didn’t wake up until the sun began to set and there was a knock on the door. Without waiting for a response the door opened and I felt someone jump o he bed besides me.

“Youngjae! Youngjae! Youngjae!” It was Kikwang. I didn’t respond, keeping my eyes closed. “Youngjae~.” The elder said shaking me. “I know you’re not asleep. Come on get up.” He urged. I groaned. “Whaaat Kik? I’m tired.” I said slowly sitting up.

I was still out of it. I still felt bad about the whole wagon thing. “I found something.” Kikwang said. I looked at him, he seemed exited and jittery. “What is it?” I asked curiously. “You won’t believe me if I tell you. You have to see it for yourself.” He said and without a single warning he grabbed my wrist, yanked me off the bed, and dragged me out of the room, outside the house, all the way to his own home.

Next thing I knew the two of us were in his room staring at an unconscious person lying on Kikwang’s bed. “Who is he?” I asked not understanding why I had to seem him. Kikwang shrugged, “I don’t know. I just found him on the grass limp. So I took him home.”

The guy did look pretty beat up, he had bad gashes all over him and deep cuts on his biceps, not to mention he was pretty toned. “I found him last night.” Kikwang added. “Why didn’t you bring him to your mother yet? So he can healed.” I said. The elder looked at me then at the unconscious guy then back at me. “Well, you see…I think….I think he might be a werewolf.”

“Wh-Wh-What?” I blinked. Kikwang simply smiled. “My mother will be able to tell once she heals him. He said. I sighed. “Kik….don’t tell me you went by the woods again.” I said. “Um…let’s take him to my mom.” The elder said avoiding my question.

“Kikwang!” I said, but the elder

Please log in to read the full chapter