I Can't Help Myself

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae’s POV*

Jongup and I sat in the fields, not saying a word. There really wasn’t much to say. Our main focus for the past week had been on Kikwang. Two vampires had come to tell us that Kikwang was alive, but that was it. He should’ve been home days ago. They said he shouldn’t be long, but that was the only information they would give us. They didn’t answer any of our questions.

“How do we know we can trust them?” I suddenly said, feeling upset. “I don’t know.” was all Jongup could say. I worried so much for him. He was in a house full of vampires, not to mention there was a pureblood in that house too. At night I ranted on about my worries to Daehyun. He did his best to comfort me, even though I didn’t give him any details except for the fact that Kikwang was missing.

Suddenly there was a bright flash of light.

When the light faded I looked to see that Jongup was his normal self again. “The potion expired.” Jongup said stating the obvious. Daehyun was able to get a potion from his friend that could change us to look like anyone we wanted. So, Jongup ended up drinking it to look like Kiki. “It’s okay.” I sighed. “Thank you for playing Kikwang for a week. It really helped.” I smiled.

Jongup just nodded, stretching a bit. “There’s no use of getting another one. My parents are starting to notice that there’s something wrong with me.” I sighed. “Yeah. Mr. and Mrs. Lee are slowly starting to get suspicious.” He said. “Do you think we should tell them then?” I asked. Jongup seemed unsure but before he could say anything we heard someone calling after us. “Hey guys! Youngjae! Jongup! Heey~!!” The person sounded out of breath, but awfully familiar.

The two of us turned around only to have someone crash into us, rolling us over into the grass. You guys. I missed you so much.” It was Kikwang!!

My eyes widened as I quickly sat up to hug him as tightly as possible. “Kikwang!” Jongup cheered excitedly, joining the hug. The three of us tumbled into the grass for a second time, laughing slightly from relief and joy.

“Kikwang, I’m so glad you’re back.” I said, my eyes stinging. Don’t cry Youngjae, don’t cry. “I worried about you so much. I was afraid that we might’ve lost you.” I expressed, hugging him again. “I almost had a heart attack when I saw your empty bed and the window open.” Jongup said. “What about my parents? How are they?” Kikwang asked concerned. “They’re fine. They don’t know. Jongup had to be you for a week.” I said.

Kikwang gave a guilty smile. “I’m really sorry you guys. That was really idiotic of me. I’m such a retard and selfish. I really didn’t want to worry you guys.” He said shamefully. “You’re not stupid Kiki. Don’t say stuff like that. You were just born with more curiosity than sense.” I joked. Kikwang smiled at me slightly.

I was overwhelmed with joy. He was here, my best friend, my brother, my other half. He was here, alive and healthy. That’s all that mattered at this point. I just wanted to hug him and never let him go, just to make sure this wasn’t some sort of dream or hallucination.

“So what happened?” Jongup asked a bit interested. Kikwang sat cross-legged. “It’s a long story.” he said. “We’re not going anywhere. Our full attention is on you.” I said happily, ready to hear whatever he had to say. I missed the talkative elder. He took a deep breath and told us of his adventure, from beginning to end.

He told us about how he was tricked, by a “friendly” looking vampire, to go into the woods with him and almost died because the vampire actually fed on him. But he was saved by the Beast leader, Doojoon. He blushed hard as he talked about Doojoon and how well he took care of him. Jongup seemed surprised and amazed at this.

He also talked about how well one of the Beast members cooked, and when he went on a hunting adventure with them, and how protective this Doojoon guy was. Then he spoke about how Doojoon didn’t want him to leave and tried to hinder him, but the other members let him go when Doojoon was out.

“Wow! I’m surprised that he was nice to you. Doojoon is a very terrifying person.” Jongup said. “He’s really not scary as people say. He’s really sweet.” Kikwang quickly said. “Or he just really, really likes you.” Jongup teased. “And it seems like you really, really like him too. I saw how you blushed when you spoke about him.” I said, only making the elder harder. “But he seems really possessive.” I said getting serious.

Kikwang nodded sighing, “He is.” He admitted. “Be careful. He might come looking for you.” I said, honestly feeling nervous. What are we going to do when a pureblood shows up on our front door? Kikwang feel back, stretching across the grass. “I’m so glad to be back. I’ve missed you guys so much.” He said. Jongup and I smiled at him. “We’re gladder than you are, to have you back.” I chuckled.

“I’m never going to leave again. At least not without you guys.” He said. “You better.” I said. “Or we’ll have to beat you up.” Jongup threatened jokingly. “And then we’ll remove your legs so you can’t go anywhere again.” I added. “Ah! Please don’t hurt me.” Kikwang said burying his hands in his face childishly. Jongup and I both pounced on him, tackling the eldest member. “Ahh! Help! I’m unfairly being doubled teamed!” Kikwang called.

That evening I decided to spend the night over at Kikwang’s with Jongup. We all set up our sleeping spots in Kiki’s room. We talked all night long and joked around until our eyes were too heavy to keep open. Jongup was the first to fall asleep. Kikwang and I competed to see who’d stay up the longest.

“Youngjae.” Kikwang yawned. “Yes…Kiki?” I yawned as well. “I’m so happy right now.” He said. “I am too…” and with that Kikwang closed his eyes, a smile on his face. I smiled closing my eyes as well. “Don’t leave us again Kikwang. Don’t make us worry like that. I was so scared.” I said barely even a whisper before falling asleep.

The night passed by gently as we slept, united again. I felt a little jerking besides me every now and then, but I didn’t pay much mind to it until I began to hear screaming. My eyes shot open and immediately sat up. It was Kikwang.

Jongup was up as well, looking at me with frightened eyes. Kikwang was fighting in his sleep, crying and screaming. “Kikwang.” I said. But he didn’t respond. Jongup pinned Kikwang’s wrists down to keep him from swinging. “Please! Stop! Please!” Kikwang begged desperately. He looked hurt and terrified. “He’s probably having a nightmare about what happened to him that night.” Jongup said looking scared.

I was scared too. This seemed like more than a nightmare…this seemed real for him. “Kikwang. Please wake up. It’s just a dream.” I begged, shaking him a little. Nothing worked. “Kikwang please.” Jongup tried as well. He didn’t wake up until after a couple of minutes when his screams were at their height.

“Help me! Help me please!” Kikwang was crying and screaming. “Somebody!” I looked at Jongup with sad eyes feeling helpless and useless. “Ahhh!!” Kikwang shrieked shooting up, his eyes snapped open. He was panting hard, looking around frantically. “Where’s Doojoon? Where is he? I-I need him.” He said looking horrified.

“He-he’s not here Kikwang.” I spoke as calmly as possible. The elder only looked sad and feel back onto his pillow, hugging himself tightly. Nothing else was said that night. Jongup and I slept on either side of Kikwang, sleeping close to him so he’d feel secure. But it probably didn’t do as good as the Doojoon guy did.

*Daehyun’s POV*

I climbed through the window into Youngjae’s room only to be disappointed with a neatly kept empty room. I scanned the bedroom and found a note left on the bed. I picked it up and read it aloud, “Kikwang is back! I am sleeping at his house tonight. Sorry.”

I pouted slightly, I really wanted to see him. I couldn’t help but be happy for him though. His missing friend was back. The poor guy was freaking out for an entire week about him. “Hmm…I wonder what happened to him anyway.” I thought aloud. I inhaled the scent of the room, taking it all in deeply. It smelled strongly of Youngjae.

I sighed tucking the note in my pocket. “I guess I’ll be missing Youngjae tonight.” I said before murmuring an incantation and immediately appeared back in front of the dark manor…my home.

“That was quick.” Himchan said as I entered the large home. “He wasn’t home.” I simply said, sliding out of my shoes. “He was with his friend.” I added. Himchan just nodded, not saying anything else. It was silent for a moment or so, until a thought hit me. ‘You should come during the day sometime too.’ Youngjae’s words from a week a week ago replayed in my mind. ‘I want to introduce you to my friends.’

“Idea~!” I suddenly sang. Himchan raised an eyebrow, looking at me, unsure whether or not to ask me what my idea was. I decided to tell him anyway. “We can visit him tomorrow afternoon.” I announced. “We?” Himchan repeated. “Yes ‘we’. Youngjae said he wanted me to meet his friends. So why not I introduce him to you guys too?” I explained. “You…guys?” Himchan repeated, only picking out a few choice words.

“You and Zelo.” I said feeling a bit agitated. He knew exactly what I was saying, he just wanted me to reconsider what I was talking about. “You know Zelo can’t go out.” Himchan said. “Yes he can. He needs to, he’s 16.” I reminded. “Guk would not-,” “Guk isn’t here.” I said cutting him off. “And when he comes back and sees that Zelo is gone. Then what?” Himchan challenged.

“Yongguk only left a couple of hours ago, he won’t be back until 3 days the earliest. That’s what he said.” I told him. Himchan thought for a bit. “It is kind of behind his back.” He said. “We have to think of Zelo too. He’s still young.” I retorted. The elder sighed, giving up. “Fine.” He gave in. I smiled widely. “If Guk finds out I’ll deal with it.” I said before zooming up the long stairwell, busting into Zelo’s room. Waking him up in the process.

“Daehyun?” Zelo yawned, rubbing his eyes. “Why did you bust in my room like that?” he asked sleepily. I jumped on his bed excitedly. “Junhong, do you have any plans for tomorrow afternoon?” I asked. He frowned looking at me. "Yeah, I’m meeting a group of friends at the market place.” He remarked sarcastically. “Good, ‘cause tomorrow the three of us are going out.” I said taking that as a no.

The younger quickly sat up seeming surprised. “What? Are you serious?” he asked in disbelief. I nodded. “Since Bang isn’t here I figured we’d take you out to meet Youngjae and his friends. But you have to keep it a secret, Bang can’t ever find out.” I said. “But wh-,” “Shhhhh…Junhong, don’t worry about it. If he finds out I’ll deal with it. You just go to sleep.” I said pressing my pointer finger on his lips, pushing him back onto the bed. “Good Night Junhong.” I said getting up, leaving the room.

I went in my room, closing the door behind me. Excitement overwhelmed inside me. I just wish it was tomorrow afternoon already. “You guys are going to like Youngjae. Huh, and I hope you like my friends too Jae.”

 

-

 

The next day dragged on extremely slow. I pretty much laid on the couch most of the day, playing dead. “Himchaaan…” I groaned, hanging upside down on the couch. “No Daehyun, it’s not afternoon yet. It’s still morning.” Himchan answered for the nth time, already knowing what I was going to say. “Himchaaaan~…” I groaned again. “What Daehyun?” Himchan said, sounding a bit irritated due to the fact that I kept bothering him while he was already busy doing something else.

“Why is time against me all of a sudden?” I whined. “It’s not that it’s against you Dae. It’s just that time goes by slow whenever you’re anticipating something and fast when you’re having fun.” Himchan explained remaining patient. “It should be the opposite.” I pouted. “Well, you shouldn’t have woken up so early.” The elder said.

“I was too excited to sleep.” I said. “Then why don’t you train, practice your fighting.” He tried. “I don’t feel like training. I want to see Youngjae.” I said. After that, Himchan gave up and continued to care for the plants that he was focusing so much on. I was really bored. So bored that I thought I’d die of boredom. I decided to nap on the couch, and surprisingly I fell into a deep sleep.

Time flew by until I was woken up by Himchan. “It’s time to g-,” I jumped to my feet before he could finish. I looked and saw that Zelo was already downstairs ready to go; as well as Himchan w

Please log in to read the full chapter