Turn Around

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae's POV*

Another week has passed and things seemed to have gotten worse! Mom and dad were overwhelmed and were beginning to show their stress more and more. Today my father hurt his back badly, so we called Mrs.Lee to check up on him. Jongup, Kikwang, and I decided that, that was the end of our work for the day, so we laid in the open fields appreciating the cool breeze.

I ran my fingers through my hair stressfully as we laid in the grass, trying hard to hold back my tears. I was worried for my dad. Oh how much I hoped that his injury wasn’t that bad and all he has to do is rest for a couple of weeks and then he’ll be better. But doubt lingered in the back of my mind.

“I hope everything is going well in there.” Jongup tried to make me feel better. All I could do was nod. It was extremely quiet between the three of us, none of us knowing what to do or say. I mostly thought to myself, reflecting on the day when the wagon was stolen. Everything was in there, everything we needed to avoid all of this. I was unarmed and unprepared for the attack that happened on my way back.

At least Jaehwan came out okay, but why would they do that? How could they do that? Those jerks! They deserve to be going through this kind of pain, not us, at least not my parents, not Jaehwan. I thought about what Daehyun said about hat group. He had said that they were from section M of clan Exo. What does that even mean?

I sat up leaning against the palms of my hands thinking about it. “Jongup?” I said. “Neh?” the werewolf responded. “Do you know a group called M from the Exo clan?” I asked. The younger’s eyes slightly widened at the sudden questioned. “Yes. Why?” he asked.

“They were the people that attacked Jaehwan and I and stole our wagon. Do you know about them?” I asked. The werewolf nodded. “The Exo clan is a very powerful clan led by Suho and Kris. They were originally separate clans. Suho was the leader of clan K and Kris was the leader of clan M. But they came together and formed Exo. There’s 12 members total.” He explained.

“Wait! Clan? Are you saying they’re vampires?” Kikwang joined the conversation. Jongup nodded. “But they’re vampires with special powers, which makes them even more dangerous. On top of that Suho and Kris are both purebloods the most powerful kind of vampire.” Jongup said.

“Jae! You were attacked by vampires?!” Kikwang exclaimed his attention now on me. “I don’t think they were vampires though. Their eyes weren’t red.” I frowned. Jongup just shrugged, he wasn’t going to try to convince me, he knew that I would have to see for myself. “What are they like?” I asked.

“They’re ruthless, vicious, and tough to fight against. They only care about themselves and the members of their clans. They’re all very close. Oh! T they care a lot about riches and money, they’re the richest clan known and they steal from others. The other clans don’t really do anything about it as long as they don’t mess with them.” Jongup said. “What? Why not? The sound like a bad group, someone should do something.” Kikwang stated. “They can’t. Exo is too powerful and strong.” Jongup said.

Kikwang pouted hugging his knees. “But there are two other clans, Beast and Bang’s clan. Bang’s clan doesn’t really have an official name but one of the members calls them B.A.P,” Jongup began. “Those two clans are the other two powerful clans that could definitely beat Exo if they team up.” Jongup said. “Oh? What are these clans like?” Kikwang asked getting excited about learning more about the so called ‘vampire world’.

“Both clans are led by powerful, rough Purebloods also. Beast is a 5 member clan led by Doojoon. They’re more to themselves and rarely ever leave their territory. Doojoon takes care of them a lot, but I don’t know any of the member’s names except for the leader’s. Bang’s clan is a 4 member clan led by Bang Yongguk Bang pretty much allows the members to do whatever they want, but he never comes out. Once more I don’t know the member’s names.” Jongup explained.

“Bang Yongguk and Doojoon are extremely scary people. I saw Doojoon once and just his presence is frightening.” Jongup shivered at the memory.

Kikwang smiled cheekily. “They sound so badass!” he said excitedly. The younger looked at him like he was crazy. “Sorry, it just reminds me of stories I’ve read.” Kikwang said blushing lightly. Jongup just smiled, “If they can beat Exo then why don’t they team up?” Kikwang asked innocently.

“Well, Beast and B.A.P. are both each other’s number one enemies.” Jongup said. “Oh~.” Kikwang said laying back down, allowing the silence to take over again. “Do you think the M members jumped you too?” I suddenly asked Jongup. He looked at me, listening to me carefully. “We were both attacked around the same time. Do you think it could be the same people?” I said. Jongup thought about it before slowly nodding. “I guess so, it makes sense. They could’ve gotten me first then you.” He said. Kikwang studied me closely. “Are you planning something?” He questioned suspiciously.

“I was.” I answered honestly. “But not anymore. There’s no way I can take them.” I sighed. “I think I’m going to turn in early. I’ll see you guys later.” I announced standing up. “Okay, get some rest.” Jongup advised. “Bye Youngjae. Feel better kay?” Kikwang said. I nodded and walked home, my hands in my jean pockets.

 

“Arg! Ah….No.” I was greeted by my dad’s sounds of agony. I sighed, closing the door behind me. “Mr.Yoo, you need to stop moving and let me check your back or else we won’t know what’s wrong.” Mrs. Lee’s voice was calm and assuring. “Okay. Let’s try this again.” She said.

“Ah!” I heard my dad’s cry of agony. “Kangin Please….” Mother pleaded. The three of them were in the family room, my dad on his stomach rolling in pain as my mother tried to keep him still, while Mrs. Lee tried to do her thing. I dragged myself up the stairs to see Jaehwan sitting at the top, staring through the bars that held the railing up, hugging Poppy closely. “Jaehwan~…” I cooed. But he just sat there staring at the scene, his eyes glossy.

“What are you doing up here?” I tried again. “Appa is hurt.” Were the three words that came from his small lips. “Appa is strong, this is nothing to him.” I tried to assure him. Jaehwan only frowned his bottom lip quivering as father cried out in pain again. “Heey~.” I said bending down next to him.

“Don’t get upset okay?” I said. “I’m…I’m not.” He said wiping a stray tear with his small fist. “It will only make Appa sad if he sees you sad. You don’t want him to be sad do you?” I asked. Jaehwan shook his head. I slightly smile. “Why don’t you go outside with Poppy before it gets dark? Kiki and Uppie are outside.” I suggested. Jaehwan nodded. “Poppy likes Kiki and Uppie a lot.” Jaehwan said. “Yeah, and maybe seeing Poppy happy will make you happy.” I said. Jaehwan nodded and on that note he ran downstairs and out the door with the little rabbit in his arms.

I went in my room closing the door behind me. I laid on my bed not bothering to pull the covers over me. I attempted to fall asleep, but even the thought of it seemed impossible. So, I ended up laying on my backs staring at the ceiling my father’s cries of pain ringing in my ears mixed along with the sounds from the night when we were jumped.

It felt like I was staring for hours, not even blinking once, the sounds didn’t stop until after dark. There was no use in trying to fall asleep. I had given that up weeks ago, only one time was I able to have a good nights’ rest, but that was a week ago.

The door of my room slowly opened. I quickly closed my eyes pretending to be sleeping. “Um…Youngjae-ah~.” It was Jaehwan. I slowly reopened my eyes looking at him, pretending to be tired. “Yes Jae?” I faked a yawn. “Dinner is ready.” He said. “Um, I’m not hungry.” I said softly. He frowned. “But you didn’t eat yesterday either.” He said. “That’s because I wasn’t hungry either.” I simply said. “Youngjae, are you starving yourself?” the younger asked worried.

“Of course not Jaehwan. I already ate earlier when I was with Kikwang and Jongup. I’m just full, that’s all.” I led a smile on my face. Jaehwan smiled as well. “Okay good!” he said happily, believing me. I nodded feeling bad already. “But Jae…” he said. “Hm?” “The wagon thing that happened wasn’t your fault. It’s those big fat meanies fault.” He said. I felt my eyes sting. “I know, Jaehwan.” I lied choking on my own words. “Good Night Youngjae.” Jaehwan smiled leaving the room.

I felt terrible lying to him like that, it made me sick to the pit of my stomach. But he is already worrying about dad, and I don’t want to add on to it. I don’

Please log in to read the full chapter