Tonight

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae's POV*

I visited Kikwang’s house every day and hung out with Kikwang and Jongup. It was intriguing to finally meet a new person and develop a new relationship with. Every now and then I would bring Jaehwan so that he didn’t feel left out.

Jaehwan seemed to like Jongup a lot. The Jongup guy is actually a really cool and sincere person, we all became friends quickly. He’s a little dorky kind of guy that loves to dance and just admire the way things worked, but he never thinks too deeply about it, or pretty much about anything. He’s a goofy kid.

Besides meeting Jongup, things seemed to be going normal. The key word being ‘seemed’. My parents don’t think that Jaehwan and I notice. But I do.

Not being able to sleep at night I catch my parents arguing or having strained conversations that poured out their stress. I would even observe my father as he worked, the frown that was glued to his face before he entered the house. And my mother was jumpy when she thought no one else was around.

I hated seeing them like this, and what makes it worse is that there’s nothing I could do about it, unless I get that money back.

And to add onto things every single night I could feel somebody staring at me. Twice I woke up to see the window in my room wide open. It was really beginning to bother me so one night I decided to stay up all night.

 

After tucking Jaehwan in with Poppy, I went straight into my room, locking the door behind me. I did my normal routine by closing the window and the curtains. I grabbed a book off the shelf and climbed into my bed.

I waited there for what felt like 3 hours and nothing happened. I sighed opening the book that I pulled off the shelf and started reading it. I was almost done with the book within 2 hours when I felt a cool breeze blow in. “Were you waiting for me?” I heard a familiar deep voice say.

I looked up at the window. The curtains were open as well as the window, but…nobody I was there. I stared confused.

“Youngjae…” I heard the voice speak again. Only this time it sounded closer. I slowly turned my head to the side to see someone standing there. I jumped back hitting the wall, my heart racing. “D-D-Daehyun.” I gasped. The intruder smiled, “You remember my name.” He said sounding touched.

I blushed a little, why was he so touched by that? “Wh-Wh-What are you doing here? How did you find where I live?” I questioned. “I…followed you.” He said avoiding eye-contact. I blushed even harder. An awkward silence fell between us, neither of us looking at one another.

“Um…thank you.” I suddenly said breaking the silence. Daehyun looked up at me. “Erm…thank you for saving Jaehwan and I back there.” I said shyly. I don’t know why I was feeling shy and lost around him. I know I don’t get the chance to socialize, but I’m able to talk to Jongup just fine. “You’re welcome, it was my pleasure.” He smiled friendly-like. His smile was truly very nice.

He sat down on my bed scooting close to me. I scooted away, only to be blocked by the wall. “Why do you keep staring at me?” I questioned. “Why not? Is there a problem?” he asked keeping a friendly tone. I scrunched my brow as if to actually consider it. “It’s…It’s weird, and awkward.” I said.

“Well it won’t be awkward if you just sleep.” He smiled. I looked at him puffing my cheeks. “But I can feel you staring at me.” I told him. He just chuckled. I looked at him weirdly. “I can’t help myself.” He said. I looked away from him now focusing on my fingers. What else am I supposed to say to this guy? He’s already creepy.

“How’s your neck? Were there any injuries when you got attacked?” he asked staring at my neck. See what I mean? “Mm, no. My neck was just red and sore as well as Jaehwan’s back. But it’s been a week and both of us feel better.” I assured the elder. “Good.” Daehyun said actually sounding relieved. But why? Why does he care? “Did you know who those guys were that attacked us?” I asked out of curiosity/

“They’re members from the M section of the Exo Clan.” He simply said not sounding very happy. “Clan?” I questioned not truly understanding.

“It’s a bit complicated, unless you know most of the basic knowledge.” Daehyun explained. I slowly nodded still confused, but I decided not to think much about it, if he wasn’t going to explain it then it isn’t necessary for me to know. “Earlier…you had said that you know everything about vampires.” I said changing the subject a bit. “MM hm.” The stranger confirmed getting out of the bed.

“Well, do you…think you could tell me what you know?” I asked feeling embarrassed. This time he looked at me weirdly. “I thought that you believed that vampires don’t exist.” He stated. “I know, and I do. But I still find the information intriguing and it keeps me busy.” I said. Daehyun smiled and nodded. “I will, but not tonight.” He said. My face dropped.

“What? Why not?” I asked. “Because, it gives me an excuse to talk to you tomorrow.” He said. I blushed a little. “So you plan on coming here every night?” I said quietly. He nodded, “As long as you want me to.” He said. I looked at him strangely not understanding by what he meant.

He walked over to the window and squatted on the window sill. “I can’t come in unless I get permission.” He said. “But…I didn’t give you permission to come in.” I said.

“Yes you did.” He said. “You don’t have to say it. But if you’re waiting for me or want me to come in. Then I can.” He simply explained. I nodded barely understanding. The thing that threw me off was why did he need permission? But before I could ask Daehyun spoke again. “Good Night, Youngjae.” He said and with that he fell backwards out the window.

My eyes widened. Did he just jump?! I quickly crawled out of the bed and ran to the window peering out of it. He was gone. There was absolutely no trace of him even being here. The wind blew in gently and cold against my skin. I quickly closed the window and curtains then I crawled back under the covers of my bed. What is he?

 

-

 

The next day while I was working in the fields with my dad, Jongup and Kikwang came running by. “Youngjae!” Kikwang cheered crashing into me with a hug causing me to stumble back. Jongup did the same, jumping on top of us forcing the three of us to the ground. The three of us just laid there laughing, not knowing what just happened.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked standing up and dusted myself off. “We came to help you with your human farm work.” Jongup said with a smile, picking up the rake I was using. “Haha, why?” I asked. That was when the two of them got silent. I furrowed my brow wondering what the problem was.

I looked at Kikwang for an answer. He let out a tiny smile, rubbing the back of his head, “Um…we heard what happened…about the whole wagon thing.” He confessed quietly. I frowned not very pleased.

“Jae don’t be upset.” Kikwang said. “You should’ve told me. If I knew earlier I would have definitely come and help out. And how are you not going to tell me that you were attacked by bandits?!” Kikwang scolded sounding disappointed. “It’s not something I go around saying. Kikwang frowned. “But we’re close Jae.”

“I know but I didn’t want you guys to go out of your way to work. You already have your own farm to take care of.” I said. “Welp. We’re here now and ready to work.” Kikwang announced putting on his own sun hat. I just shook my head, feeling a bit touched. “I’ll be back.” I said running to the shed to grab extra tools for Kikwang and Jongup to use.

The 3 of us worked side by side, the sun blazing down on us. Kikwang and I had sunhats on and were pouring sweat. The sun didn’t seem to bother Jongup that much and he didn’t even have a sunhat on, he was only sweating a little, just a very light sheet of sweat rested on top his skin. “Maybe it’s a werewolf thing.” Kikwang whispered. Jongup chuckled hearing him. “You’re right.” Jongup teased.

Kikwang and Jongup chatted most of the time, I pretty much remained quiet about the situation. They truly don’t have to be doing this, but they’re still doing it anyway. It was really touching. Kikwang did most of the chattering of course, but Jongup managed to keep up with his speed talking.

“You should show us some of your awesome dance moves Jongup.” Kikwang said when we took our break. “Okay sure.” Jongup said standing up. “Oh! I didn’t mean now. I just meant someday. You should just rest.” Kikwang said realizing what the younger was doing. The youngest member shrugged. “I’m not all that tired. Werewolves don’t get tired as fast as humans do.” He reminded. “But there’s no music.” I pointed out. “I don’t need music. It’s all in here.” He said tapping his head. “Oooooh~…he’s that great eh?” Kikwang remarked excitedly. The werewolf simply smiled and started his dancing.

He did a short routine that involved popping, a little crumping, a few spin moves and flips. It was really impressive. His toned muscles flexed a little as he went into each move. Kikwang and I clapped and whistled as he put on the miniature show for us.

Jongup ended in a backflip, bowing afterwards. “Whooaaa!” was all I could say. “That was awesome!” Kikwang praised. Jongup blushed a little at our reactions. “You’re super good.” Kikwang said. “And you did it without music.” I said with amazement. “Thank you.” Jongup said blushing harder from embarrassment. “You could be a pro!” Kikwang said. The youngest member shook his head.

“I’m not that good yet.” Jongup said. “Sure you are. How abou-.” “Let’s get back to work.” Jongup chuckled interrupting Kikwang, patting him on the back. I chuckled as well, he was obviously embarrassed from our compliments.

The rest of the day actually went by fast, considering we were working all day, but it was actually fun with Kikwang and Jongup there. We got a lot done. I was really beginning to actually have a good feeling about the whole thing, maybe it won’t be a struggle and father will be able to relax.

 

 

 

However, the following days seemed to enjoy proving me wrong.

Even though they didn’t show it mother and father were utterly stressed and it was slightly beginning to show. The only things that could distract me from the situation was hanging around Kikwang and Jongup, and Jaehwan. But the thing that really made me forget about it for a time being were my nights with Daehyun.

Each night he would tell me one or two facts about vampires and explain them fully to me. It was really intriguing, some of the stuff he told me I didn’t know. And some of the things I told him that I had read in research books he said were wrong. He would only spend a good 5 to 10 minutes on that and then return to his creepy, weird self. But after a few nights we were finally able to talk a little more easily to one another, well for me it was. It seemed to have already been easy for him.

“Do you travel a lot?” I finally asked, gaining the courage to lead a conversation with him. Daehyun was laid on the floor facing the ceiling. “Pretty much.” Was his answer. I popped my head over the edge of the bed to look at him. “You

Please log in to read the full chapter