Smile

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jongin’s POV*

I teleported behind the large freshly cut hedge. Something was wrong, all of the water was boiling and moving rapidly on its own. Well, not completely on its own.

I spotted Suho stomping over to a bench where Kris was sleeping, snoring away. Suho raised his hand as if getting ready to slap him, but instead of physically slapping him a rush of water splashed on his face.

Kris slowly opened his eyes looking at the culprit. “What? Are you on your man period again?” he spoke indifferently to the younger. “Guess who I had to talk to last night?!” Suho sounded furious. “Technically, you didn’t have to talk to anyone, if they trespass you have the right to take ‘em out.” Kris simply said sitting up, stretching.

“Do you remember when your boys were talking about how this vampire they fought was amazingly good? A few weeks ago?” he asked. Kris shrugged, “Do you really think I listen?” Kris said. Suho ignored his remark, knowing that he was right and went on anyway. “Well, that same vampire came and talked to me last night, and I had to give that wagon back with everything in it and extra money to keep the peace.” Suho said.

“Why did you do that?” Kris asked sounding uninterested. “Because when a vampire fights like how your boys described how he did, for someone who’s not part of their clans means that they’re fighting for their mate!” Suho spat now pretty much talking to himself.

“And guess who the vampire was…Jung Daehyun!” Suho squealed stressfully sliding on to the bench. “Daehyun? One of Bang’s boys?” Kris said now sounding interested. “Yes.” Suho said now acting like a damsel in distress.

“And your boys attacked Jung Daehyun’s mate.” Suho said. My eyes widened slightly, Daehyun has a mate? “Well, I mean as long as he’s unharmed, all we have to do is hope that he doesn’t tell Bang and we’re good. Daehyun doesn’t seem like the type to go tell anyways, unless it was serious, otherwise he’d do it himself.” Kris explained. Suho slightly nodded.

“Besides, are you sure that he was Daehyun’s mate? I mean one, he wouldn’t leave him alone like that if he was and two he would have come for that wagon way earlier than 3 weeks. He probably just has an eye for the kid.” Kris shrugged.

“But still! It’s the same thing, the only difference is that he may not have reacted as quickly, but a reaction is still possible. You just need to tell them to be more careful and less reckless. Keep them under control.” Suho said. “I don’t need to keep anyone under control. The only person I need to keep under control is Tao, because of his powers. Keeping everything under control is your job.” Kris said.

Suho scoffed folding his arms. “Well, at least tell Luhan to stop hanging with Sehun while Sehun is on punishment.” He said. “Why don’t you tell them?” Kris asked. “You know they’ll listen to you before they listen to me. You were their leader first.” Suho said. Kris stretched smiling. “True loyalty. You should teach your boys that.” He said. “What?! They are loyal!” Suho screeched. “They are but, they listen to me more than you and you were their first leader.” Kris said. Suho pouted.

“Maybe it’s not a loyalty thing, maybe it’s about whose cooler.” Kris said. Suho just rolled his eyes. “They’re always pranking me.” He muttered. Kris smirked, knowing that he was the one that led the pranks and Suho had no idea. Kris laid back down on the bench poking his feet at Suho.

“Can you please move? You’re interrupting my nap time.” Kris said. “Are you serious?” Suho said looking at the elder. “Um…yeah.” Kris said. “I’m trying to talk to you about an important matter and all you care about is sleeping?!” Suho spat. “Um…you started going off on something else, so I assumed you were done.” Kris simply said. “Ugh!” Suho huffed in annoyance standing up. “I can’t believe I used to like you!” he spat, stomping away. Kris just smiled closing his eyes.

“Jongin.” Somebody whispered nearly making me jump. I sighed in relief when I saw that it was Kyungsoo. “You scared me. For a second I thought you were Suho. If he saw that I eavesdropped on his and Kris-hyung’s conversation who knows what would’ve happened.” I said. I noticed worry in his eyes as he forced a slight chuckle.

“What’s the matter? I thought you were asleep?” I asked the human. “I was. It’s just…when I woke up, I saw that you were gone and got worried.” He said shyly. I wrapped my arms around his waist pulling my mate in closer. “Did you have another dream?” I asked resting my forehead against his. Kyungsoo nodded. I was about to Kiss him when I heard singing coming from above the hedge.

“Jongin and Kyungsoo sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes the love second comes the marriage, third comes the baby in the baby carriage.” Two people sang. Kyungsoo blushed hard, hiding his face. I looked up and of course it was Luhan and Sehun being childish again.

I narrowed my eyes at them. The two just smiled cheekily. “Shouldn’t you be in your room Sehun?” I said smirking a little. The younger frowned. “Suho isn’t going to catch me.” He said. “He’s probably checking on you right now.” I said. “Whatever, no he’s not. You’re just trying to get me to go away.” Sehun retorted. I just shrugged. “1…2…” we heard Kris counting, confusing us all. “3~.” He sang.

“OH SEHUN!” Suho yelled. Sehun’s eyes widened. “Uh oh. LuLu, we have to go!” Sehun said grabbing his mate’s hand running away.

 

*Daehyun’s POV*

I knocked on Zelo’s bedroom door. “Hey Junhong, did you finish the mints yet?” I asked. “Yes~.” The younger said opening the door.

“I made a lot this time.” He said handing me a medium sized pouch that almost burst from being overflown with mints. “I’ve hit the mother lode!” I said excitedly. “Thank you Junhongie.” I said ruffling the younger’s hair. “It’s nothing. Besides, why do you need to go traveling so much? Is there a place that you like going to?” He questioned suspiciously.

I just shrugged, “It’s more like someone I like going with." I said blushing lightly at the thought of Youngjae. “What? Daehyun! You can’t just take anyone.” He said. “Don’t worry Junhong. He’s not just anyone. He’s never been anywhere all his life. So I’m just taking him for the fun." I said.

Junhong looked at me unconvinced. “I’m serious, he’s lived on the farm all his life and is pretty much locked away.” I said. Zelo sighed in understanding. “Alright.” he said. “Thanks buddy.” I said before running down the stairs.

“You better stop using Zelo’s real name so freely like that before Bang catches you.” Himchan said.

He was sat on the black leather couch, reading a newspaper. “Please. That’s his real name, so why not use it?” I remarked. “You know that’s his name of intimacy for him.” Himchan said. “Guk is always gone, he won’t catch me.” I said grabbing an apple taking a bit out of it. Himchan just shook his head.

“I don’t know why you eat food, when it does nothing for you.” The elder member said. “It tastes good.” I said. Himchan didn’t respond, continuing to read his newspaper. “Bye~…” I sang walking to the door. “You’ve been going out a lot lately. A lot as in every night.” Himchan said, stopping me in my tracks.

“I’ve been busy, ya know?” I brushed off. “Who are you visiting?” he suddenly asked. I quickly zipped back over to the couch, laying down on it, resting my head on Himchan’s lap.

“What makes you think it’s a ‘someone’?” I cooed. Himchan put his newspaper down, looking at me. “It’s obvious Daehyun.” He said.

“His name is Youngjae.” I blushed, messing with my fingers, like a child. “I met him a few weeks ago at the market place. As soon as I saw him I couldn’t take my eyes off of him.” I said. “Oh?” Himchan said a sly smile on his face. “This vampire sounds like a mate.” He teased.

I frowned quickly sitting up. “He’s not a vampire.” I said. Himchan looked at me confused. “Werewolf?” he asked. “No.” I said.

“Wizard?

“Noo.”

“Mage?”

“No.”

“A Nature spirit?”

“Nope.”

“Oh no. Don’t tell me. Is he an incubus?!” “No! Himchan.’” I said. “Then what is he? A fish? A merman?” Himchan asked. “He’s…he’s human.” I said hesitantly.

“What?!” Himchan screeched. “A human…is your…your mate?” Himchan’s voice was so loud I had to cover my ears. At that moment Zelo came out of his room, running downstairs, hearing what Himchan screamed. “Daehyun has a mate?” Zelo asked excitedly. Himchan nodded, “His name is Youngjae and he’s human.” He said.

Zelo gasped. “Is he that person that you were saying that you like to travel with?” The maknae questioned. “Yes. But he’s not my mate. I haven’t claimed him…yet.” I said. “But you are considering it. Aren’t you?” Himchan said. I nodded a deep blush formed on my cheeks. Himchan sighed, pacing back and forth.

“I know it will be extremely difficult, but you can’t claim him. And if you can’t do that then remove all feelings for him.” Himchan suddenly said.

The blush vanished from my cheeks, a frown taking over. “What? You just found out about this. You don’t even know him! How can you say that?!” I burst. “Daehyun, calm down before you get hyped. I’m just saying this for his protection and your well-being. Humans and vampires can’t be together.” Himchan said.

“You know why Daehyun. One, vampires feed off of humans and you know it’s dangerous when you decide to bring him into a clan of vampires, surrounded by other clans of vampires. Especially if he’s a pure human. It’s mostly dangerous for him.” Himchan explained. “I’ll be able to protect him, even if you guys don’t help.” I defended.

“Of course we’ll help you Daehyun, I’m just saying stuff happens. The worse thing for a vampire is to lose their mate.” Himchan sighed. “And I don’t want you to go through that.”

“Don’t worry about me Himchan. There’s no way I’m going to let anyone hurt Youngjae.” I said. “But…what if…what if you get hungry?” Zelo spoke up. The room went silent at the question. “I won’t. And if I do, don’t be afraid to call Guk.” I said a smile on my face.

Himchan sighed, giving up. “Be careful. Okay?” he said. “I will.” I promised. “But I have to go now.” I said, seeing the sun vanish under the horizon. I mumbled a spell under my breath and disappeared out of the house, appearing at the side of the farm house where Jae lived. I jumped without much effort and landed on the edge of Youngjae’s window.

I crept my fingers under the glass and pushed the window open, easily, with my vampiric strength and hopped in the room. “I don’t understand why you still come at night like this, you already got my parents’ permission to visit whenever.” Youngjae greeted.

He was sat on his bed reading a book as always. I smiled and sat on his bed. “I like it better this way. It’s more romantic.” I said honestly. The younger blushed, trying to hide his red cheeks behind his book. I leaned close to him, gently pushing the book down away from his face. “Why are you still uncomfortable around me even though we’ve known each other for weeks now?” I asked in a low tone. “It’s only been a month and it was only last week when I found out that you were a vampire.” Jae spoke quietly, avoiding my gaze. I felt my heart sink a little. Was he scared of me?

“Don’t be scared of me Youngjae…please. You know I won’t hurt you.” I spoke soothingly to him. “I know.” he said looking down. I sighed, trying my hardest to restrain myself from hugging him and holding him close, he was just so cute! But I know it would make him feel uncomfortable. “Daehyun?” he suddenly said. I loved the way my name sounded coming from him. “Hm?” I responded. “So…were the guys that attacked Jaehwan and I…were they um, vampires too?” he gulped.

I nodded. Youngjae frowned hugging his knees close to his chest. “I can’t believe I was stupid enough to believe that vampires weren’t real. That must’ve been offensive when I said that to you. I’m so sorry.” He apologized. “Ah…I’m so freaking stupid.” He said hitting his forehead with the palm of his wrist. “Of course they’d exist if werewolves and wizards and Incubi do.” He said now tugging at his hair.

“Yah!” I said pulling his hands away from his head. “It’s not a big deal. You weren’t exposed to the world and it’s 100% fine.” I assured him. Youngjae continued to frown, looking adorable. “Fine don’t believe me. Just don’t hit yourself anymore, at least.” I said. The younger didn’t say anything, but I noticed a dusty pink blush remained on his cheeks. “Hey…” I said gently. “Do you want to travel again?” I asked.

He slowly looked up at me with wide eye

Please log in to read the full chapter