On My Own

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Youngjae's POV*

While I was working in the fields Daehyun had went to help my dad set up the wagon for my dad’s trip to the market place tomorrow. Today was more of a chill day. We still had to work, but not as hard since tomorrow all of our produce was going to the market. My father seemed really pleased with the quantity of the produce that we had. With Daehyun’s help we were able to produce more than usual.

I was alone in the field when Sooyoung walked up to me, wearing a large sun hat with a purple ribbon tied around it and a white floral dress that stopped just above her knees, along with brown sandals. “Your mother let me wear this, it’s hers. She was really good taste. Don’t I look cute? Daehyun said I did, oh, and so did your mother. She said she always wanted a daughter.” Sooyoung spoke, flaunting her outfit. “It’s so sad that things didn’t turn out how she wanted. But it’s okay I guess, she still loves you.” She said.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at her. “Why are you saying stuff like that?” I asked. “I’m just letting you know that we’re not friends.” She simply said. “Then why not just say that? Why include my birth into this?” I questioned not understanding. “Because, I can’t kill you or else Daehyunnie will never forgive me.” She pouted. This chick is crazy!! “So I figured putting you down is the next best thing.” She perked up. “Wh-Why are you doing this?” I questioned feeling somewhat concerned, unsure if I should run away or keep talking to her.

“You’re smart Youngjae. I figured you asked Himchan about me and he told you. Am I right?” She said. I slowly nodded. “So you should have an idea of why I don’t like you. I love everyone else though, your brother is the cutest thing. But let me tell you a little fact about vampires eh?” She continued. “Vampires are extremely territorial, some more than others, and I am one of those more territorial vampires. And I’m not about to let some puny human try to take Daehyun away from me.”

“I don’t even know why I’m getting so worked up about this. I mean, I’m more qualified to be with Daehyun than you are.” She shrugged. “What? What do you mean?” I asked her still not quite understanding where she was going with this. You know humans and vampires can’t be together right? It’s more dangerous, especially for you. Also I heard that you rejected Daehyun. Am I correct?” She quizzed. How does she know this?

“Daehyun told me. He was really hurt, even though he didn’t show it, he just didn’t want you to feel bad.” Sooyoung said, reading my mind. “I-I didn’t reject him. I just didn’t know my feelings for him yet.” I defended. “Do you know your feelings now?” She quizzed.

I paused for a bit…she trapped me…she set me up. “N-No.” I said shamefully. “Mm, at least I know I love Daehyun as much as he loves me.” She smiled. I looked away, feeling terrible. “You probably don’t know anything about him.” She went on.

“Yes I do!” I spat. “Oh? Well excuse me. What’s his favorite color?” She questioned. I paused once more. “Um…I-I don’t know.” I confessed. “And I bet he knows yours, hm? That’s okay. What’s his birthday?” She tried again. I didn’t respond, feeling my heart sink. “Haha, wow.” She laughed.

I felt my eyes sting with embarrassment and shame. “Oh and by the way, those little notes that Daehyun gives you are nothing.” She continued. “Notes? What? You went through my stuff?!!” I snapped. “Mm hm, I mean, it’s okay as long as you don’t get caught. You can go through mine if you want, but if you get caught…then that’s on you.” She shrugged, “Anyway, like I was saying those notes are trash compared to what he wrote me. He wrote me songs and poems and even sang tome. Look here’s the lyrics to the last song he wrote me. You can check it out.” She said stuffing a neatly folded embroider paper in my pocket securely.

“Why would I-,” “Oh you are just so cute Youngjae!” She suddenly squealed pinching my cheeks her attitude suddenly changing.

“I want to be close friends! Okay? Good!” She said hugging me tightly. I was now completely confused and thrown off course. “We’re going to stay for one more day and after we leave, tomorrow night I am going to claim him so you don’t even have to worry about your feelings anymore.” She whispered venomously in my ear.

The thought of her words suddenly triggered something in me. I was getting tired of this “Get off of me!” I shoved her away and to my surprise she fell to the ground. I didn’t think anything of it and went on. “We’re not friends! So…So just stay away from me! Why wait huh?! Why don’t you just go now?! What’s the point in staying any longer?!” I yelled my feelings overwhelming me.

Sooyoung looked at me with hurt eyes, as if I had just stabbed her in her back. “Youngjae?” an all too familiar voice said.

My eyes widened and heart stopped as I slowly looked up to see that it was Daehyun. He was staring at me with wide eyes and in shock.

“I just wanted to…to be friends.” Tiffany sniffled. “I already know I’m a terrible person. I’m changing, but it’s hard!” She cried, jumping to her feet and ran off, her face buried in her hands, crying. I stood there stunned. What the heck just happened? What’s going on?! I was quickly knocked out of it by a hard shove that nearly caused me to fall on the ground. “Daehyun?” I was still lost.

“What the heck is wrong with you?!” he snapped. “D-Daehyun.” Was all I could say. “You get mad at me for hitting one of your friends and hissing at the other? But turn around and push one of my close friends to the ground and make them cry?! Not to mention she’s a girl!” Daehyun spat. I had never seen him this mad before, or mad ever. “Daehyun, it’s not like that.” I quickly said. “Then what is it Youngjae?” he was angry.

“I…she…Sh-She…” I couldn’t get out what I wanted to say. I was too shocked as well to comprehend what even just happened. And Daehyun’s anger wasn’t helping either. I felt like if I said the wrong thing he’d go all vampire on me. “What did she do to you huh? She’s only been here for a little over a day. Tell me what she could have possibly done to you? Did she hurt

Please log in to read the full chapter