I Found You

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Doojoon's POV*

The next morning I woke up to the smell of food. Food? I opened my eyes and sat up to see Yoseob frozen in the middle of placing a tray of food on Kikwang’s lap (who was already up). I narrowed my eyes at the younger vampire. “What are you doing?” I asked venomously.

Yoseob smiled cheekily. “I was just giving him his food.” He spoke innocently, standing up straight after resting the tray on Kikwang’s lap. “Where’s Hyungseung?” I growled rubbing my temples. I know I told them the other day NOT to come in here. “Hyungseung tried to stop me, but I snuck in here when he was distracted.” Yoseob explained, sounding proud of himself.

“Yoseob.” I said, not happy at all. “You can’t starve him Doojoon.” The younger defended. I looked at him strangely. “What?” I said. “Vampires can go days without eating hyung. Humans can’t. Duh.” He said. I still didn’t understand where he was going with this.

“It’s past noon Doojoon, and he hasn’t even eaten breakfast.” He finally said. At that moment Kikwang’s stomach growled afterwards. My eyes widened, I looked at the human, “Is this true?” I asked. Kikwang slowly nodded. “Wh-Why didn’t you wake me up the?” I asked. “Be-Because, you were in a deep sleep and you looked comfortable, I didn’t want to wake you up.” He quickly said.

“Whaaaat? Doojoonie actually slept well?” Yoseob spoke up. Kikwang looked at him. “Really?” he asked interested. Yoseob nodded. “Doojoon hardly ever sleeps, and when he does, it’s more like a cat nap. It’s because he’s always on alert. He hears everything. He’s like a watch dog.” Yoseob said mimicking a watch dog. Kikwang chuckled at his silliness.

I narrowed my eyes at the vampire folding my arms. Yoseob just smirked, he was taking advantage of doing whatever he wanted in front of Kikwang, knowing I wouldn’t do anything as long as the human was there. Just you wait Yoseob, I thought to myself. “My name is Yoseob by the way.” The vampire introduced holding out his hand.

“H-Hi, Yoseob. I’m Kikwang.” The human introduced shaking Yoseob squealed with excitement, “It’s nice to meet you Kikwang.” He said. I rolled my eyes. “It’s nice to meet you too…Yoseob.” Kikwang smiled uneasily. “Awe, are you scared of me? Don’t be, I won’t eat you. I’m way nicer than Doojoon. I’m way more fun to-,” “Okay Yoseob. I believe you’re over staying your welcome.” I growled. Yoseob frowned. “Fine~…Bye Bye Kikwang, come visit me in my room too.” He sang, zipping out of the room, closing the door. I sighed shaking my head.

“Sorry about that.” I apologized. “It’s okay.” Kikwang chuckled. His laugh was…really nice. “Um…Thank you…about last night…” He suddenly thanked quietly, looking down at his fingers, blushing hard. “Wh-when I was having the nightmare…a-and you made it go away.” He said bashfully. He sounded like a little kid. “You’re welcome.” I smiled.

Kikwang suddenly made a face, his nose twitching. He sniffed himself and under his arm. “Egh! How embarrassing. I stink.” He frowned. I laughed at his cuteness. “Hold on.” I said getting out of the bed, opening the door. “Hyungseung!” I called. The said vampire popped out of his room, seeming a bit annoyed. “Yes, Doojoon?” he said fighting back the attitude in his voice.

“Can you set up a warm bath for Kikwang?” I asked. He frowned. “Am I a maid or something? I mean I don’t mind helping him out, but I rather do it properly.” He said. I knew exactly what he meant. “No, you’re not going near him.” I said.

“Yoseob got to.” He argued. “That’s because I was asleep.” I defended. “Mm hm.” He said. “Please~” I spoke sweetly, which was rare. He raised an eyebrow. “Alright. It’ll be ready in 15 minutes.” He said walking away. “Thank you~.” I cooed closing the door.

“You can bathe in 15 minutes. Meanwhile you can eat your food.” I informed, seeing as Kikwang had already started eating, his cheeks full. “You’re going to choke if you keep stuffing your mouth like that.” I told him, not wanting that to happen and be held responsible for it. “This food is delicious. I should really thank him.” Kikwang said, more to himself.

I leaned my back against the wall. Just then a saddened look fell upon his face, as he rest his fork on the tray, suddenly losing his appetite. “What’s the matter?” I asked concerned.

“I have to go home.” He suddenly said.

That struck me for some reason. “You can’t. You’re not 100% well yet.” I said remaining cool, despite the strange feeling I was having. “My friends and family are probably worried about me. Youngjae and Jongup probably made up something to keep my parents from worrying. But they’re probably worried. I bet Youngjae knows that I went into the woods.” He said hugging his knees, burying his face in them. “He probably thinks I’m dead.”

I just rolled my eyes feeling somewhat jealous, for some strange reason. “I promise, I’ll come back. I just need them to know, at least.” He popped his head up. “There’s no point of you going there and coming back.” I said, sounding harsher than I had expected. The younger frowned. “You won’t even make it there.” I tried, but that didn’t make him feel any better.

“Fine.” I said opening the door for the second time. “Junhyung! Dongwoon! Come here.” I ordered, returning to my spot.

Dongwoon was the first to zoom into the room. “Yes Doojoon?” He said standing straight, a serious look on his face. He feared me the most…it was obvious. He never even jokes around when I’m around. Junhyung swaggered his way into the room, walking slowly as he did. “Sup?” He said to Kikwang who waved slightly, a bit confused. “I need you two to do something for me…since, I can’t leave Kikwang here by himself with you guys.” I began.

Junhyung smiled cheekily, “We get to go out?” He said sounding a bit excited. “Yeah. But don’t take too long. Find Kikwang’s friends um…” “Youngjae and Jongup.” Kikwang help. “Yeah them, and tell them that he’s alive. But that’s it. Nothing else.” I instructed sternly.

“Got it?” I said. Dongwoon nodded, “Yessir.” “I have Kikwang’s scent right up here.” Junhyung said pointing to his nose. “Good. Now go. And don’t be gone for long. You have 45 minutes…starting…now.” I said, and with that the two dashed off, slamming the door behind them. “There you go.” I said, turning to the human. “Thank you.” He thanked, but he still didn’t sound too happy. “What is it now?” I questioned. Nothing.” He quickly said. “You’re not very good at hiding your emotions.” I told him.

He just sighed, “I feel bad. Everyone is going out of their way to help me. And I’m just an intruder, who ended up here on accident.” He said.

“Don’t feel that way. Junhyung and Dongwoon are most likely overjoyed to go out. And Hyungseung is glad that he can make food for someone to eat enjoy, since you know, we’re all vampires he’s not usually able to do that. And I think Yoseob is just intrigued that we actually have a guest.” I said. “So they’re probably grateful that you’re here.” Kikwang just nodded, “What about you then?”

“You’re spending most of your time locked here in this room because of me.” He said. “I don’t mind. It keeps me busy from dealing with the gushy stuff of the two couples.” I said honestly. “Awe? Really? That seems like it’s cute and fun.” The human said. I just scoffed. “Not when you’re alone.” I murmured quietly enough for him not to hear. “I would like something like that.” Kikwang said, falling back on his back, his arms spread out, and a smile on his face.

“I’m pretty much cut off from the rest of the world. I’ve never been anywhere far from the fields. I’ve never even been to the market place! I’m scared that I’m never going to fall in love and be alone forever. Did you know I’ve never had a crush?” he went on.

I chuckled a little. “You sound like a girl.” I remarked. He frowned, “Well, I wouldn’t know that, because the only females I’ve ever interacted with are my mother, grandmother, aunt, and Youngjae’s mother.” He said a frown glued to his face. I couldn’t help but laugh even more at this. “Well, that’s only one thing you have to change. Now, you’ve been here, other than your home.” I pointed out.

He looked at me and smiled genuinely. I felt something inside me become warm and spread throughout my body as I was struck, and stuck staring at him. I had a strange urge and want, to just hold him in my arms again. A sudden knock at the door, shoved me o

Please log in to read the full chapter