I Need U

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Kikwang’s POV*

“Doojoon we have to help them!” I urged for the 50th time after reading Youngjae’s letter. His letter worried me greatly, even though in the letter he begged me not to worry. How can I not worry?! My bestest friend, my brother, is in danger! Eleven people are after him and he only has three people backing him up, not counting Zelo because the Bang guy probably won’t let him fight, and I doubt Youngjae will allow Jaehwan to get involved either.

“No Kikwang. Now stop asking me.” Doojoon said slipping on a T-Shirt. “It’s not my problem or the Clan’s problem. This is between Exo and BAP.”

“Am I not part of Beast then?!” I questioned. “Of course you are.” He answered fixing his hair. “But it’s my problem, so shouldn’t that count for something.” I asked. “No.” he answered once more slipping on a black trench coat.

I was getting impatient and irritated. He’s not even listening to me. He just keeps saying no. “Fine! I’ll go myself!” I spat. “You know what’s gonna happen if you run away again.” He said plainly, checking himself in the body mirror. “I don’t care! As long as I get to protect my friend and make sure he’s safe. I don’t care what you do to me afterwards.” I said folding my arms.

This time Doojoon turned around to look at me “You don’t seem to get it. You’ll get yourself killed before you can even find them.” He said coldly, sending shivers down my spine. I looked down in defeat. He was right. I don’t even know where they are.

The pureblood walked over to me on my side of the bed where I sat. “I have to go out again. I’ll be back.” He said speaking in his gentle tone. “I know.” I said, still mad at him. “Don’t I get a goodbye kiss?” he teased, bringing his face close to mine. I quickly pushed his face away. “Just go. Hurry up and go so you can come back sooner.” I said, still not looking at him. “Haha, okay then. Bye.” He said leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

I sighed heavily, falling backwards into the mattress. I can’t just sit here and do nothing, knowing that one of the closest people to me is in danger. “Ugh! Why can’t he understand that?” I sat back up in frustration. I climbed out of bed and left the room going straight into the kitchen where Dongwoon and Hyungseung were.

Hyungseung was cooking what looked like a pretty big meal. Dongwoon was sat at the bar watching the elder vampire longingly. I sat on the stool next to Dongwoon. “Hey Kikwang.” The younger greeted. “Oh hey Kik. I’m just in the middle of making your lunch.” Hyungseung said.

“Hi you guys.” I greeted back. “Thank you Hyungseung, but you really don’t have to keep making meals for me. I can make my own food.” I assured him, even though my cooking was terrible. “It’s fine really. I like cooking, and I finally get to make food for someone to actually enjoy it.” Hyungseung said.

“Hey. I ate your food whenever you made it when nobody else did.” Dongwoon pouted. “How come you stopped?” Hyungseung retorted. The maknae just smiled, unable to answer his question. Hyungseung just chuckled shaking his head. “That’s what I thought…and besides it’s the least I can do since you were forced into this at first and you’re away from your family.” He said turning back to me.

“Thank you.” Was all I could say, smiling softly. “So what’s up? Something seems to be bothering you. I can tell by your face.” Hyungseung said. I sighed before speaking again. “Doojoon won’t let me help Youngjae.” I said. Dongwoon furrowed his brow. “Isn’t Youngjae your closest friend?” He asked.

I nodded. “We grew up together. I’ve known him since he was born, and he lost his parents in a fire a few days ago.” I said feeling my eyes sting at the fact. Mr. and Mrs. Yoo were like my second parents, so I was heartbroken when I found out, I can only imagine what Youngjae and Jaehwan are going through. “That’s terrible.” Hyungseung gasped. Dongwoon down casted his eyes understanding how Youngjae must be feeling.

“So what’s happening to him now? Is he staying with your parents?” Hyungseung questioned with genuine concern. I smiled grateful, he actually cared, unlike Doojoon. “Not quite…here.” I said handing him the letter that I kept at all times. Hyungseung took the letter and started reading it. Dongwoon leaned over the table to read it as well.

“Exo killed his parents?” Dongwoon said once they finished reading. I nodded. “This sounds like a quarrel between Exo and BAP.” Hyungseung stated handing me back the letter. Dongwoon growled a little at the mentioning of their enemy clan. “I see why Doojoon doesn’t want to get involved.” The elder vampire said.

I frowned at this statement, there was no way that him or Dongwoon will help me. “Then I can just go.” I said more to myself. The two just looked at me a little worried. “You’re not…You’re not thinking about running away again are you?” Dongwoon whispered hesitantly. “No. Doojoon talked to me out of it.” I sighed. The two seemed relieved at my answer. “But that’s why I was going to ask you guys for help.” I said smiling hopefully.

“I’m sorry but as much as I don’t mind helping your friend, Joon would have our heads.” Hyungseung said. “Sorry Kikwang, but there’s no way I’m going to disobey Doojoon.” Dongwoon shivered at just the thought of doing so. “I said climbing out of my seat. “Where are Junhyung and Yoseob?” I asked them.

“Junhyung went with Joon. And Yoseob is outside in the back.” Hyungseung said. “Is it okay if I go outside?” I asked. “Mmm, just don’t go off anywhere and come back in before Doojoon returns.” Hyungseung smiled. “Okay thank you!” I smiled back skipping out the kitchen.

I slowly opened the back door and saw Yoseob leaning against the porch, gazing out at the vast lawn of freshly cut, dead grass with large bare trees, only some were filled with maroon colored leaves. I slowly closed the door behind me and jumped next to me. “Yeobie!” I cheered happily.

“Kiki? You nearly scared me.” He said holding his chest. “Miane.” I apologized. “Haha, don’t be. I should’ve sensed you anyway.” He chuckled. “The fresh air is so nice.” I said closing my eyes taking in all the nature. “Haha it is. I like the winter, it’s my favorite season.” He said his attention returning back to the land.

I smiled. Since I’ve been here I’ve became closer to each of the members but I’m closest to Hyungseung and Yoseob. “Um, Yoseob…you know about what happened to Youngjae right?” I asked. Yoseob nodded, having read the letter before I could read it.

“It’s sad the way things happened for him.” He sighed empathetically. “Yeah~ I have a favor to ask you.” I said almost hesitantly. He was my only other hope to helping me. There was no way Junhyung would help, in fact, he’d tell Doojoon that I asked him for help. Yoseob looked at me his brow scrunched. “You’re not going to ask me to help you run away…are you?” He questioned.

I laughed uneasily. “Yes…and no. I just need you to take me back home, and from there my parents can help me help Youngjae. Afterall, the D.O. guy is staying at my parent’s house.” I said. He looked as if he were considering it but quickly shook his head.

“Junhyung would beat me up if I did that and Doojoon will literally kill me.” He said. My heart sank, I knew it. Dang it Doojoon! Why do you make yourself so terrifying?! “I’m sorry, I can’t go with you but…” he went on.

I listened closely to what he had to say. “You can probably go to your parent’s home on your own. Many vampires fear Doojoon and he’s cool with the werewolves. You might not get attacked if you wear his clothes when you leave. His scent will cover yours.” He spoke in a hushed tone.

I felt joy overwhelm me from the inside. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” I hugged him tightly. “Shhhh…I don’t want anyone to know that I helped you plan your escape.” He said. I nodded in understanding. “Thank you so much Yeobie.” I whispered.

“Depending on how long you stay at your parent’s house…you may not be able to come back, because his scent may be mixed with your family’s. Joon will most likely come for you anyway. So, don’t come back until he comes for you.” He instructed. I nodded. “And Kikwang…please do as I say and stay safe. If anything happens to you I won’t be able to forgive myself.” Worry was prominent on his face.

“I promise I’ll return in one piece.” I assured him. All he could do was nod. “Just make sure Joon doesn’t find out that you’re the one who helped me.” I said caring about his well-being as well. He just smiled softly, nodding and hugging himself. “Huuuh, I miss Junhyung.” He suddenly sighed.

“What? He hasn’t even been gone for an hour.” I chuckled. “That’s how our relationship is like, we’re inseparable…” he cooed. “I don’t like him going to those vampire conventions.” He pouted looking back out at the land. “Why doesn’t Hyungseung go? Isn’t he the so to speak ‘Co-Leader’?” I asked.

Yoseob just chuckled. “There’s no such thing as a ‘c-leader’ in clans, but if something were to happen to Doojoon then Seungie would take over. He doesn’t go to the conventions because him and Joon don’t trust us to be home alone.” He said folding his arms. “Haha what?” I laughed. “I know right? It’s crazy! We’re not babies.” The vampire said. “Why? What happened?” I asked curiously.

He just shrugged. “Well, at first Junhyung and I, when we were younger, used to run off together and have some fun and we took Dongwoon with us. But one day we almost lost him for good. He was really young then. So we weren’t allowed to go out whenever Doojoon or Hyungseung were gone. Junhyung was the daring one whenever the two weren’t around to supervise. So he would get bored just staying in the house and started experimenting stuff. Dongwoon and I would help him sometimes and one day we almost blew up the house.” He said. “What?! Really? Haha, what did you guys do?” I laughed. “I don’t want to talk about it.” Yoseob said, blushing in embarrassment.

“But after that we weren’t allowed to be home by ourselves without either Doojoon or Hyungseung.” He finished. “Can you believe that? I am a 19 year old vampire who’s not allowed to be home by himself.” He said. “Haha, that’s kind of funny.” I laughed. “But I understand how you feel.” I said.

He just smiled at me patting my back gently. “Well, I should probably go back in before Joon comes home.” I said. “Haha good idea.” He smiled as I went back inside the large house. I frowned pretending to be disappointed, so that the other two didn’t think Yoseob helped me.

“You asked for help from Yoseob?” Dongwoon asked, seeing me enter the house. I nodded. “No luck huh?” Hyungseung said sliding a plate of food on the bar counter. “Noo…” I sighed sitting down on the stool. “Thank you.” I said receiving the food. “I think I’m going to have to go myself. I’ll have to think of something.” The two vampires looked at each other warily. “It’s okay, you can tell Doojoon if you want. I already told him.” I said.

After eating I spent the rest of the time talking with Hyungseung and Dongwoon. Yoseob didn’t come back inside until an hour later. The four of us played some board games and had a good time. As time went by I couldn’t help but miss Doojoon a little.

Silly, I thought to myself, he’s only going to be gone for half a day, nothing drastic. So why do I miss him all of a sudden? I really liked hanging out with the others, they’re actually pretty cool people, but it’s always better when Joon is around. Maybe it’s because he’s the one that brought me here, or because I actually really do like him, despite that he can be cold at times and unreasonable.

“It’s already dark. Shouldn’t they be back by now?” I asked peeking out the window. Hyungseung and Yoseob smiled at me cheekily. I looked at them weirdly. “What?” “Oh, they’ll be here soon.” Hyungseung replied. “But why are you guys smiling at me like that?” I questioned.

“Oh…we’re smiling?” Yoseob giggled. Dongwoon looked confused as well, not knowing what was going on in their heads. “It’s late.” Dongwoon said trying to break the awkwardness, but his attempt didn’t really do much. Just then I heard the front door open.

“They’re here!” I said, popping up to my feet. Yoseob chuckled at my sudden reaction. “Oh…they are.” Hey Dongwoon~ come on.” Hyungseung said slyly. “Wha-,” Hyungseung grabbed the maknae’s wrist and dragged him up the stairs to his own room before Dongwoon could even finish

Please log in to read the full chapter