Crash

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Daehyun's POV*

Many scenarios were going through my head at that moment. We have to leave, escape if we want to live. There was one of two options I could choose from. One, I can quickly grab Himchan and disappear in a distant land and live as refugees for the rest of our lives and pray that Bang never finds us. Or…two, I can grab Himchan, drop him off somewhere, then I go to Youngjae’s house, take Youngjae and live in another dimension with him for the rest of our lives.

Bang bared his fangs at us growling deep within his throat. I was leaning towards the second option. Bang took one step towards Himchan, when suddenly Zelo broke from his grip and jumped in front of him.

“Stop! They had no idea about it.” He yelled. My eyes widened slightly. What was he doing? “I don’t have time for this Zelo.” Bang hissed about to push the younger aside, but Zelo just shoved him, only making him take one step backwards. “Listen to me! I had snuck out while they were gone and followed them to this farm where they met 3 friendly people. Every day I followed them like this until they caught me. I told them that you said I could go out, but they didn’t believe me and sent me home…” he began.

“…So I made an elixir thing that I poured into their drinks the next day, that would make them believe me. They were under a spell this whole time. Please, they had no idea.” Zelo lied.

“What? So you weren’t supposed to…to go out?” I said going along with it.

“Zelo, how-how could you?” Himchan pretended to sound disappointed and surprised. We had to go along with the lie, because if Bang found out he lied to keep us safe we’d definitely die on the spot. The pureblood closed his eyes inhaling deeply, then exhaling.

“Why did you do that?” He gritted through his teeth actually buying it. An entire wave of relief filled the room. Zelo saved our butts! I could honestly just kiss him right now! But I couldn’t, one because I’m taken now, and two, Bang would kill me without thinking twice.

“How could you not expect me to do that?! One I’m 16 years old Guk. I can’t be locked up in a house all my life. I have to go out! On top of that you’re hardly ever home! So what do you expect me to freaking do? Huh?!” Zelo was mad now. Yongguk sighed, now calming down.

The elder didn’t say anything, only making Zelo angrier. “And I’m going to keep going out as I please!” he spat about to storm off to his room but Bang grabbed his arm before he could even step past him. “No you’re not. Did you not just see what happened when you went out on your own? You almost died.” Bang hissed.

Zelo almost died? Where did he go? “Kikwang almost died, not me.” Zelo hissed back, correcting him. Kikwang was with him too?! What the heck happened?! “They would’ve went for you after they finished him!” Bang snapped angrily, but Zelo wasn’t fazed. He was too deep in his emotions to let Bang’ anger get to him.

“Well, maybe if you were here often then that wouldn’t have been a problem.” The maknae said coldly, pulling his arm out of Yongguk’s grip. “Besides…Doojoon was able to save us far sooner than you were able to even arrive.” He said and with that he walked off to his room. Dang.

The aura of the kitchen was left with an uncomfortable coldness and a lot of shade.

I was surprised that Yongguk didn’t go off at the mentioning of the Beast’s Clan leader. Wait…Doojoon was there too?! “He’s right.” Himchan spoke up, earning a glare from the eldest member. “You have to choose. Either be here more often and keep him in the house, or let him go out and rarely be home. It’s really hurting him Yongguk.” Himchan said, his tone firm.

The elder 22 year old folded his arms. “You don’t think I know that? I can literally feel his pain.” He grumbled. Himchan just shook his head. “You need to let go of your pride and open your eyes.” He said and with that he left the kitchen. “Because, he most likely will leave tomorrow!” He called his voice fading the further he walked away.

Bang scoffed slightly. “Junhong isn’t going anywhere tomorrow.” He remarked to himself. I just stood there not saying anything. Then he looked over at me. “What? Do you have something to say about what I’m doing wrong instead of greeting me as well?” he spat. I just shrugged. “They pretty much said it all. I gotta go. I have to return to somewhere special.” I said checking my watch. The leader raised an eyebrow.

“What? Now? A special person?” he questioned. “Mm hm. We’re not mates, but I plan on changing that as time progresses. His name is Youngjae. But I’ll tell you more once you and Zelo sort out your issues.” I simply said. He frowned at my last remark, growling. I quickly murmured my incantation, vanishing before Yongguk could attack me.

 

-

 

I happily appeared back in Youngjae’s room in one piece, without a single scratch or mark. At that moment the bedroom door opened and a sleepy Youngjae stepped in.

“Hi there Jae~…” I greeted. He nearly jumped seeing me in his room unexpectedly. “D-Daehyun. Y-You scared me, gee…” He said holding onto his chest. I just chuckled. “I told you I’d be back.” I simply said.

“I don’t know why I still get surprised by your creepy stuff, I should be used to it by now.” He said, climbing into his bed, under the sheets. He stopped and thought to himself, considering something. “In fact it just gets creepier.” He noted. I just smiled, crawling into the bed besides him.

“I couldn’t find Zelo or Kikwang.” The human pouted, worry taking over his facial expressions. “Oh, we found Zelo.” I informed. “That’s good! What about Kikwang?” He asked with hopeful eyes. “We didn’t see him, but from what I heard the two were attacked I guess, and almost died. But Doojoon saved them, so I’m guessing if Kikwang isn’t home, then he must be back at the Beast home.” I explained.

Youngjae seemed relieved but also saddened by the information. “I can’t believe I didn’t get to see him.” He said his eyes getting glossy. “I don’t think neither him nor Zelo will be coming back out for a while.” I remarked.

“Wow, thanks Dae that makes things a lot better.” Youngjae’s voice cracked. I smiled and pulled the younger into my arms, holding him close. “Awe, don’t cry Youngjae~.” I cooed childishly. “I’m not going to cry.” He said blinking in an attempt to hold back his tears. I chuckled, he was just too adorable. “Honestly, other than living today (thanks to Zelo). The most important thing that happened within these past 24 hours was that you became 50% mine.” I spoke in his ear.

Youngjae’s cheeks turned a deep red color. “50%?” he questioned quietly. “Mm hm, 100% would be much more intimate and literal.” I spoke in a low tone, fond of the 100% mark. “What do you mean?” he asked, still speaking quietly.

“You don’t need to worry about it right now. For now just only look at me.” I said, burying my nose in the crook of his neck and inhaled his wonderful scent deeply. I smiled a little, all that mattered was that he was mine.

“Daehyun.” Youngjae said. “Hm?” I hummed not moving from my position. “This…This is uncomfortable…” he said, uncomfortably shifting a little in his spot. I simply chuckled, finding his discomfort cute. “You’ll get used to it.”

*Himchan’s POV*

I sat there awkwardly the next day in the fields…alone…with Jongup.

I honestly didn’t know what to say. Yeah, I’ve talked to him before, many times at that. But it was as a group, never one on one.

I avoided looking at him, feeling awkward if I did. Every now and then I stole a few glances over at him. He seemed a bit relaxed and laid on the grass, basing in the cold sun as he stared up at the sky. He tried to start friendly conversation with me but I ended them with my one worded answers. Ugh! Where are Daehyun and Youngjae?!

I can’t just sit here and say nothing, I mean he already tried to start a couple of conversations but I shut them down. Ugh…this shouldn’t be hard. I think I’m a pretty sociable person…so why is it so hard to talk to him?!

I glanced over at him, but quickly looked away. He’s really~ good looking. Why is my heart pounding like this?! Okay, Okay Himchan, focus. Talking is not that hard. But what do I say?

I looked over at him a little longer than last time, before turning away. Man he is gorgeous. Whyyyy? How about I compliment him?! I keep finding him attractive anyway. But I can’t possibly say that, then he’ll think I have feelings for him, or…or he’ll find me weird.

I turned to face him. “You have nice arms.” Were the words that finally came out of my mouth.

I froze realizing what I just said. I mentally face-palmed myself. Really? Out of everything you could have said?! That’s weird! “What?” The werewolf said, sounding off guard.

“N-N-N-N-Nothing.” I stuttered terribly, hugging my knees to my chest. Jongup chuckled a little. “Thank you.” He said, causing me to blush in embarrassment. I buried my face in my knees, not knowing what to do or say…I just want to go home.

“Where is everyone?” Jongup asked, breaking the awkward silence. “Zelo and Kikwang got into some trouble yesterday and now they’re not allowed to come out.” I muffled into my knees. “What? Kikwang was here?” Jongup asked sounding surprised.

I lifted up my head and nodded. “But he wasn’t here for long.” I said. Jongup pouted slightly. “Aw~. I missed him.” He sounded somewhat disappointed. “What about Youngjae and Daehyun?” he asked. I shrugged. “I haven’t seen Daehyun since last night.” I told him. Jongup nodded and the silence returned. This time I didn’t bother to try to say anything, in fear I’d say something as weird as last time, or worse.

I sighed to myself. I don’t want to just sit here and say nothing. I don’t want him to think I don’t like him or anything. Ugh! Why am I so flustered?! Why can’t I talk to him? Why is this so difficult?! “I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” Jongup’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I slowly turned and looked at him. “Y-yeah?” Was all I could get out. I cursed myself for stuttering. “How come you don’t act funny around me?” he asked.

I scrunched my brow, not understanding the question. Jongup noticed this and spoke again. “I guess the better way to put it is, why don’t you act weirdly around me? Considering that I’m a werewolf and you’re a vampire. Even Daehyun stiffens a little when he’s around me…but you…you don’t seem to be affected at all.” He explained.

I sat there taking in all that he had said. He was right, I wasn’t negatively affected by his presence, except for the first time we met. Actually, I like being around him. He was the main person that I wanted to see every time we came and visited. Even though we hardly spoke, just being around him was satisfying enough.

I blushed a little at my thoughts, he was the only person that made me feel this way. “Um…I don’t know…” I answered honestly. Jongup just slightly nodded. “What about you?” I asked him. “Mmm, I was uncomfortable at first. I eventually got used to you guys, you guys are really cool. But I don’t necessarily trust vampires though.” He answered honestly. I frowned, knowing exactly what he meant. “Not all vampires are bad.” I defended coldly. He looked at me, his eyes slightly widened. “Himchan I didn’t-,”

“Hi you guys!! You guys!” Jongup was cut off by a breathless Zelo running our way.

My eyes widened in slight surprise. “Zelo what are you doing here?” I asked warily. I knew that he was going to try and come here, but I didn’t think he would actually make it. “Um, to hang out, like usual.” He said as if as if it were obvious. I narrowed my eyes at him. “Junhong…you know exactly what I mean.” I said. The younger frowned and sat on the ground.

“You guys were there. I said I was going to go as I pleased.” He simply said. I sighed. I told you Guk that he was going to leave. “Hi Jongup.” Zelo smiled happily at the werewolf. “Hi.” Jongup waved back. At that moment Daehyun and Youngjae joined us holding hands. Youngjae with a permanent blush on his cheeks. The three of us all raised an eyebrow. “What’s going on here?” I questioned Daehyun.

“What? No hello?” Daehyun responded. A huge smile crawled onto Zelo’s face. “Don’t tell me. You two are together?!” He squealed excitedly. Youngjae blushed deeply at the assumption. “How did you know?” Daehyun asked rhetorically, pulling Youngjae closer to him for a hug, causing the younger to blush all the way to the tops of his ears.

Zelo clapped excitedly. “Aww~…Congratulations.” He said. Jongup smiled. “Congrats.” he said. “Yeah…congrats…” I said giving Daehyun a wary look. Daehyun smiled back at me. “Just trust me.” He whispered. “Mm hm, but if you do anything just know that I’ll step in…no hard feelings of course.” I spoke seriously in his ear. He nodded in understanding.

“Wait a second…” Daehyun said about to change topics. “Zelo-ah, what are you doing here? How did you get out?” he questioned the maknae. The youngest member sighed. “Yongguk left early today.” He frowned crossing his arms. “He didn’t even stay to make sure that I don’t leave. Anyway, I just simply went back in time to when he locked the door before he left and simply unlocked it, then I went back to the present and snuck out.” He explained as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

“Ah~, perks of being able to control time.” Daehyun said. Zelo nodded happily in response. “Wait, what if Bang comes back and see that you’re gone? What about us?!” Daehyun asked in realization. “Don’t worry, I already have that all figured out.” Zelo assured.

“Ze

Please log in to read the full chapter