Don't Walk Away

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Himchan’s POV*

I sat there on the ground, next to the river bank, hugging my knees to my chest. I felt terrible and hurt. How come he thinks I don’t like him? Do I really come off mean or rude? I don’t even know why I care whether he likes me or not. It’s not like we’re going to see each other very much, after this. “…but he looked so hurt.” I whimpered to myself. Maybe…he cares whether I like him or not.

‘Do you really not like me that much?’ His words replayed in my mind along with his hurt expression. “It’s not that! It’s just…I…me…You…I’m…I can’t…” I could find the right words to express how I feel. I don’t even know how I feel!

When I’m around him I feel all warm inside, and nervous, but being around him is so comforting. But…he’s a werewolf, a vampire repenting creature. But I don’t see anything repelling about him whenever he’s around. “Argg!! Why can’t I figure out my feelings out?!!” I cried out, tugging my hair. My eyes watered.

“…Himchan?” An all too familiar voice called my name. I quickly turned around and saw that it was Junhong. “Z-Zelo…what are you doing here?” I questioned. “I came because I was worried about you.” He said fiddling with his fingers.

I turned back around burying my face in my knees. “I’m fine.” I muffled in my knees. “I know something is wrong.” He said sitting down beside me. “I heard you cry out ‘why can’t I figure out my feelings?’” He added.

I slowly lifted my head up, turning red from embarrassment. “You haven’t really been acting like yourself lately. Especially when you’re around Jongup.” He went on. I bit my bottom lip. He was right, I’m composed and confident, but when I’m around Jongup I can’t seem to think, speak, or even act.

“I’m probably just going crazy.” I tried to brush off, not really wanting to think about it. “Or you’re falling in love.” The younger said. My heart stopped at his words, my cheeks burning. “B-B-Bwoh? Z-Zelo…” I didn’t know what to say or how to respond. “Th-That’s impossible! He’s a…a werewolf.” I finally said.

He just shrugged. “I was just saying. Unless you really don’t like him that much.” His words stung. My heart sank as the scene replayed in my mind again. “I-I do like Jongup.” I said sadly, looking down at the ground. “Then why do you keep running from the truth?” he blurted.

I looked at him. “It’s obvious that you really, really like him, if you don’t dislike him.” Zelo explained. “I’m not running from the truth. I’m constantly reminding myself of the truth and it keeps confusing me!” I argued. He just looked at me. “What truth are you thinking about?” He questioned seriously. I looked away and at the river.

“That he’s a werewolf and I’m a vampire. There’s no way we can possibly like each other like that.” I sighed sadly. “So you admit it! You do like Jongup…a lot.” Zelo finalized. I didn’t say anything but I did feel slightly relieved. I probably do really like Jongup. “But there’s no way he’ll like me back…like that.” I finally said. “Why not?” He questioned. “Because he’s a werewolf! And I’m a vampire! We don’t match. That is a no-no.” I said.

“Aish! Himchan you sound like a broken record.” Zelo remarked. I ignored him. It’s the truth though. Zelo sighed before speaking again. “Jongup doesn’t seem to care about that.” He stated. “What?” I said looking at him. “It seems to me that he’s the one pursuing you while you push him away.” He said in further detail. I just stared at him listening to him carefully.

He looked at me and shrugged. “I don’t see anything wrong with falling in love with him. You can’t choose who to fall in love with…but you can choose to accept your feelings. Besides, at least he’s not a Alpha. Now that would have probably been a slight problem.” He smiled softly at me before standing to his feet.

“I’m not going to try to force you to do anything, not because I can’t’, but because it’s your choice. I’m just encouraging you to go for it. But be careful with your actions. If you keep pushing him away like this then, he may not come back. Anyway!! It’s getting dark. I’m going to go to sleep. Night.” And with that he left, leaving me Malone to think to myself.

‘It seems to me that he’s the one pursuing you…’ Zelo’s words stuck in my head as I thought deeply, staring at the flowing water. Jongup has always been the one to talk to me first, and he actually does attempt to keep up a conversation with me. I blushed as I remember the three times he had saved me, and I really wasn’t in any life threatening danger either, well maybe for except for the Luhan one.

‘Himchan, let’s be good friends. And get to know and understand each other, so you can feel more comfortable.’ I smiled a little, hugging my knees closer. He really has actually been trying to get closer to me. Not once has he ever seemed bothered by my presence after we me. ‘It was probably hard for you to offer since I’m a werewolf.’ He was understanding and so kind. And what have I in return? Just save him once?

‘…while you push him away.’ Zelo’s voice echoed in my mind. My smile slowly faded remember Jongup’s hurt faces that he made every time I couldn’t answer straight. ‘Why are you so uncomfortable around me? Do you not like me?’ He always seemed hurt when he had to ask those questions. ‘Are you really that uncomfortable around me?’ I gripped my chest the wells of my eyes filled with tears.

I felt so bad. Jongup is a really nice person and he’s ignoring the barriers between vampires and werewolves just to talk to me, he even suggested on being close friends…and I completely shut him down with my actions. ‘If you keep pushing him away like this, then he may not come back.’ Zelo was right. ‘Do you really not like me that much?’ He looked so hurt this time. ‘I understand.’ The image of him turning his back towards me and walking away, struck me. “No Jongup! No you did nothing wrong!” I quickly jumped to my feet. “I have to make this right.” I immediately ran back to the camp.

When I returned everyone was already in their tents most likely fast asleep. The fire was dying down as well. I prayed that Jongup wasn’t asleep yet. I took a deep breath before finally crawling into the tent.

Jongup was laid on his side, his back facing the open spot where my sleeping bag was neatly set up. A small smile came across my face. He still set up my sleeping bag after being hurt.

I crawled onto my sleeping bag and laid on my back. “Jongup…I said gathering all of my courage. “…are you awake?” There was no response, but after waiting for a few seconds the werewolf turned to face me. “Um…I can move if you don’t want to share a tent with me. I’m fine sleeping outside.” He forced a smile but he sounded sadder than anything else. I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

Jongup sat up and grabbed his sleeping bag, preparing to exit the tent. “Wait!” I shot up and grabbed his arm. He turned around and looked at me surprised. My eyes widened and I quickly released hi arm. “S-S-Sorry.” I apologized. “It’s okay. I understand.” He said quietly. “…but don’t go. I-I don’t mind sharing a tent with you.” I said. “You don’t have to force yourself.” He said sincerely. Oh gosh, he’s always so sincere it’s amazing! “No! I mean, I’m not forcing myself. I-I want to share a tent with you.” I said honestly, blushing hard, but I urged myself to keep looking at him.

The younger looked at me confused, waiting for me to go on. I took a deep breath before starting.

“The truth is…I really do like you…a lot. But I was just confused and indecisive about my feelings towards you. I…erm actually found you very attractive at first…but logic told me that this wouldn’t work because you’re a werewolf and I’m a vampire. So I didn’t want to have feelings for you knowing it’ll never work. I tried to be friendly though, but every time I’m around you I’m lost for words and then I get conflicted. I spilled out speaking as fast as Ii could to get everything out. “So…I’m sorry for hurting you and making you feel like I don’t like you.” I apologized sincerely. “Can you forgive me?”

A small smile appeared on his face. “Of course.” He said. He actually seemed relieved.

I looked at him shocked, I was surprised at how quick he forgave me. “I’m not one to hold grudges.” He said reading my mind. I just slowly nodded, not knowing what to say, I’m the complete opposite. “I…I uh…like you a lot too…” The younger said bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck.

I blin

Please log in to read the full chapter