Pray You Catch Me

Forever Now
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Zelo’s POV*

The five of us waited outside for Bang and Himchan to come out. Tonight was the night that we left for our journey to the magical garden place that would save D.O. and…hopefully us as well.

Earlier today Yongguk and Daehyun had went out to bring four horses for us to ride on the trip, so that we won’t have to travel on foot the whole way. We made sure to pack enough food for Jaehwan, Youngjae, Jongup, and I.

“What’s taking them so long? Everything is ready. Right?” Daehyun said. “Yeah.” Jongup answered. I looked over at Youngjae who stood off on his own leaning against a tree looking off in the distance. I really wanted to talk to him, but it was best that I didn’t bring up the past. I sighed, “I hope he gets better soon.”

“Ready!” Himchan’s voice was heard as he and Yongguk finally came out of the manor. “What took you so long?” Daehyun questioned. “We locked away all of our valuables. So that Exo won’t steal them when they come.” Himchan explained. “Ah~, good thinking.” Daehyun nodded. “Alrighty! Let’s go!” Jaehwan cheered. A small smile appeared on Youngjae’s face seeing his brother’s positivity.

“You can’t bring that rabbit.” Bang said to the 10 year old. I was about to say something, but Jaehwan beat me to it. “Yes I can.” Jaehwan stomped.

Bang seemed a bit surprised by the fact that he responded so boldly. You don’t have to know Bang to fear him, his presence was terrifying enough. “You can’t bring that rabbit. It’s just gonna get in the way and die.” Bang told him. “Yongguk!” Himchan scolded the elder.

“No he won’t! He can do much more than you think. It’s my job to protect him and I’m not going to leave him alone, by himself. He has a name by the way, it’s Poppy.” He said with much authority. Everyone stared at Bang seeing how he would react. A smirk came across the pureblood’s face. “Tch, okay. Whatever you say, but he’s your responsibility. So, if you lose him don’t go whining and crying about it.” He said.

“I’m not a crybaby!” Jaehwan frowned. “Haha, you’re an interesting kid.” Was all the pureblood said then he walked off over to one of the stallions. Himchan, Daehyun and I stood there in disbelief. “Did that…Did that just really happen?” Daehyun said in disbelief.

“Everyone partner up. Two people to a horse. One person is going to have to ride by himself.” Bang instructed. “I’ll ride with Jaewan.” Youngjae said leaning off of the tree. “Um…It’s probably safer if you ride with one of us, in case Exo finds us.” Himchan said. Youngjae was reluctant. “It’s okay Jae, I’ll be fine.” Jaehwan assured him. The elder human just nodded giving in. “I’ll ride with Youngjae then.” Daehyun said. “I’ll ride with Jaehwan.” Jongup smiled at the 10 year old.

Jaehwan smiled back at the werewolf excitedly. “Oh, um…I’ll ride by myself then.” Himchan said climbing on one of the other free horses. The other four did the same. “Come on Junhong.” Bang said. I narrowed my eyes at him before smiling brightly. “I’ll ride with you Himchan.” I said climbing onto the horse, sitting behind him.

Yongguk glared at me, but I ignored his cold eyes. “It’s okay.” I whispered to Himchan in assurance. The elder hesitated before slightly nodding. Bang scoffed a bit before speaking. “Let’s go.” He said leading the way, the rest of us following.

We galloped at a steady pace to get far from the manor as quick as possible, without tiring the horses too soon. I hugged Himchan’s torso firmly, to prevent myself from falling. The sound of the hooves hitting the ground in time with one another was really soothing. They seemed to create a lulling rhythm as we rode in silence, under the night time sky.

I looked around at everyone. Youngjae was holding onto Daehyun tightly, his head resting on the elder’s back with his eyes closed. Jaehwan was sat between Jongup’s legs holding onto the reigns, although Jongup as actually the one directing the horse. Poppy was placed securely in the child’s lap. Jaehwan and Jongup exchanged words quietly, chuckling every now and then.

My eyes averted over to the lonesome warrior, Bang Yongguk. I slightly frowned. I don’t want to be mad at Yongguk, in fact I really just wanted to be in his arms. But if I just give in he’ll never understand how I feel or how serious I am about this being locked away thing. I’m tired of being locked up in that manor, especially when he’s hardly even there. It felt so nice being able to make so many new friends. I want to go out and explore things as well. I feel suffocated being in that place and…lonely.

I sighed staring at him sadly, “I wish he’d understand.” I breathed quietly.

After galloping for a good five more minutes or so the horse were slowed down to a walking pace. I noticed Himchan glance over at Jongup many times, always smiling every time Jongup made Jaehwan laugh. I couldn’t help but smile cheekily, Himchan seemed to act out of character whenever Jongup was around.

“He seems to be good with kids doesn’t he?” I whispered in the elder’s ear. Himchan’s face turned red. “What are you talking about?” He quickly said trying to sound utterly confused, but he failed miserably. “Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. You like him Himchan.” I said. We went red all the way up to the tips of his ears.

“Th-That’s…Th

Please log in to read the full chapter