Going Down Memory Lane [Part 1]

How Can I Forget?

Yoseob's POV:

Memory lane, be ready for me and Yoora-ah to attack you~!!! I thought to myself. I was getting excited to go back to our old neighborhood, where me and Yoora grew up together... From where we were, it would probably take us almost an hour... "Yoora-ah, I hope you are ready for an hour car ride." I told her.

"If I can tackle a 12 hour plane ride, I can take an hour car ride." She smirked at me.

"Okay, I see." I said. 

"So Yoseob, lets catch up.. I'm trying my hardest to remember everything.. So don't get mad if I get something wrong."

I nodded.

"So do you still like those candies?? Ummm.. The gummy worm eggs?" She asked.

Ohhh!! She remembered!!! I thought to myself. "Yoora-ah!! you remembered!!" I said to her.

She clapped her hands and smiled. Then she yawned.

"Are you sleepy, Yoora-ah?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Very... I'm still a little jet-lagged.." She said.

"You can go to sleep.. And then, I'll wake you up when we get there..." I told her.

She nodded and yawned again. "Thank you, Yoseob oppa." Yawned one last time and fell asleep...

She called me oppa. But it felt weird being called oppa.. Maybe I'll tell her she doesn't have to.. Because it's quite awkward after being separated for six years..

I watched as she slept.. Her face was very peaceful... I smiled to myself.. 30 more minutes... I thought to myself. 

*30 Minutes Later*

We finally arrived at our old neighborhood.. We were parked right in front of her house.. It was vacant as of right now. But it had a Real Estate sign with a Sold sticker on it... I was debating if I should wake her up... But I did anyways...

Yoora's POV:

I felt a poke on my cheek.. "Pssssttt!!" And another poke... My eyes fluttered open. "Ne?" I asked groggily.

"We're here..." Yoseob said. 

I opened my eyes.. And to my left, it was my old house? I cocked my head to the side. "Is that my old house?" I asked him.

He nodded. "It sure is.. You wanna see it.. We could probably open the doors... I know where your parents used to hide the spare key." He said.

When I laid my eyes on the house, I also remembered where the spare key was hid. "Yeah, it's in the back... It's taped inside the gutter.." I giggled into my palm.

It was weird how these things were just coming to me... I liked it... 

I got out of the car... And then I ran to the back of the house.. There was the gutter. I reached into it.. And there was the duct tape bubble.. I ripped it out of the gutter, and pulled out the key from the tape.. "Got it!" I muttered. "Yoseob, do you think there will be an alarm if we open the door?" I asked him.

He shrugged. 

So we walked to the other side of the house and I put the key into the front door. The key fit perfectly in.. I turned it, and the lock clicked... I twisted the door knob, and the door opened. When I saw the inside of the house, it was empty.. And the light was filling the living room fantastically... I felt tears form in my eyes...

"My home." I whispered.

Yoseob's POV: 

"Are you okay, Yoora-ah?" I asked her. I can see her eyes gleaming with tears.

She nodded. "Of course!!" Then I watched her turn left to go up the stairs... I just closed the door and walked around the house... Remembering all the good times we had.. In the kitchen, me and her would always eat homemade snacks her umma would make after school... And then the one time me and Yoora attempted to make cookies together when we were 10.

*Flashback*

"Yoseob!! You dropped an egg!!!" Yoora gave me a toothy grin.. She lost her final tooth.. And it was the one to the side...

"I'm sorry!! It slipped!" I told her.

She sighed at me... 

Then her umma came in. "Just continue baking.. I'll clean up the egg." She told us.

Then me and Yoora continued putting more ingredients. She started to mix the batter..

"Yooraaaaa~~ My tuuurrrrnnnnn~~~~" I complained. 

"Awwwwwwww~~!! Fine!" She pouted and handed me the spatula...

I started to mix the batter... 

Yoora's Umma investigated the batter. "Okay it's time to put it on the baking sheet."

"Yay!!" Me and Yoora cheered.

Umma gave us some spoons, and we started to scoop the batter and put it on the the baking sheet.

I watched as Yoora tried to make a heart shaped cookie. "This will be for you and me to share!" She said to me.

When we were done, Umma started to put the cookies in the oven. We watched the cookies from the window on the outside.. They were finally done after 15 minutes, and Umma took out the cookies...

"Yummmmyyyy~" Yoora said. They cooled down, and Yoora grabbed her heart shaped cookie. She split it in half and handed it to me. "Here, Yo-----" 

*End of Flashback* 

My flashback was broken up by hearing sobbing coming from upstairs.. I ran upstairs. "Yoora?" 

She was in a room.. And it was her room... "Are you okay, Yoora-ah?" I asked her. 

I wrapped my arms around her.. She smelt really good. Yoora turned around, and buried her head into my chest. "I miss my umma and appa." She sobbed into my chest. She had a piece of paper in her hand...

"What's the paper?" I asked her...

"A letter from my umma... I found it in our floorboard that we rigged to open.. And the letter was in it." She sobbed.

"Can I see it?" I asked.

She handed it to me and I read it... Pity filled within me.. I'm so sorry, Yoora. 

She continued to sob... I petted her hair. "Shhh.. shhh.." I cooed...

------------------------------------------------

Ooooohhhh!!! What's in the letter?? :O Cliffhanger~!

Well, hope you love this wonderful chapter down memory lane!!! I'll continue it more tonight.. :D

COMMENT!!!!! <3