Chapter 8

Dragon bride

 

It took Yoochun a few seconds to register what Mr. Shim had just said before his lip curved into a smile “and why should I care what happen to that guy? I don’t even know him?”

Mr. Shim only smiles as he leans back against his wheelchair “That is true…you don’t know him and most likely he doesn’t know you but…there is something about him that catches your attention…something in him that is connecting to you which you cannot deny…. it’s a link that has yet to be born…”

The smile on Yoochun’s face disappeared as his eyes became cold. He tried to move his body but the forces that are weighing down on him was restricting his movement “who is that guy to you anyway?” he finally asked

“Him? He isn’t anyone important or of any value to me…he is just a halfblooded grandson…”

“Grandson? You are willing to use your grandson’s life for a dragon heart?”

“What I desire is far greater than anything in this world…I am willing to sacrifice anyone for what I want…”

“You are crazy…”

“That may be, but obtaining immortality will drive anyone crazy…”

Yoochun didn’t say anything as he looked at Junsu who has yet to realize what is happening in the building next door. From the looks of it Junsu seems frustrated pacing back and forth. The expression on his face was enough to show how distress he has become.

“Bring me the heart of the dragon bride and I’ll let him go…I’ll even give him to you if you desire him…”

“That doesn’t seem like a fair deal to me old man…. you get immortality and I get your grandson? Not a fair trade at all…” grin Yoochun

The grandfather paused as he looks at Yoochun for a bit “then what is it that you desire…?”

“What I want…you probably won’t be able to give me…” Yoochun spoke bitterly

“How about I help you kill the dragon of the deep blue…I’ll trade in my grandson along with the dragon you despise for a mere heart…even though many has stop slaying dragons for many centuries, I still have in my possession many useful tools that were used during those time….” the grandfather smile “I even have something that will make you more powerful than he is if you desire it”

Yoochun was quiet as he started to think. Even though he doesn’t have much use for Junsu, at the thought of having the help of the slayers kill Yunho was tempting. He knows that he can never defeat Yunho but maybe with the help of these dragon slayers, he might finally be able to achieve his goals. Upon this thought Yoochun smiled

“Now that trade is much better…”

The next day Jaejoong had gotten up early feeling his stomach requesting for food. He had bought a few items and begins to cook by using a small stove he was able to get from Hyun Joong. Yunho was still sleeping when he smells a delicious scent. He opens his eyes and turns his head to see his bride to be cooking away. The wonderful smell was coming from the food he was making.

“To think a trouble maker like you can actually produce such wonderful food…” spoke Yunho

“Are you complimenting me or insulting me?” jaejoong asked a bit irritated that he had to put up with this so early in the morning

“What are you making anyway? The smell is…how should I say it…wonderful…”

Jaejoong smirked at Yunho “it’s my specialty…too bad you don’t eat so you don’t get to try it”

“It’s not that dragon don’t eat…it’s just we don’t constantly need to eat to stay alive…”

“Is that so….” Spoke jaejoong “what does dragon eat anyway?”

“We eat anything human eat such as animals…plants…we can even feed on life force to survive…but do you know what my favorite dish is?”

“what?”

Yunho leans closer to jaejoong making him uncomfortable “My bride…” he smirked

Jaejoong quickly pushed Yunho away “too bad then…you will starve to death”

“you make it sound like I can’t force myself on you…”

“Try it and you’ll see what happens”

As if it’s a challenge Yunho reaches for jaejoong and grabs onto his slender waist startling him. Yunho pulls him close until their body touches one any other as he leans forward until their face is only an inch apart. His lip curved into a smile “try to see if you can escape”

Jaejoong did just that as he tried to break free but no matter what he does he couldn’t break the hold Yunho has on him.

“yah let go right now!”

“nope”

Jaejoong glared at him as he struggled trying to pray Yunho’s hand away. It got to a point where he just gives up. It’s not like he can win against the strength of a dragon anyway. Upon jaejoong stop struggling Yunho finally released him before stepping away “any other dragon would have already mated with you by force”

“so even dragon can a guy…” mumbled jaejoong

“dragon can mate with anyone they choose…”

Jaejoong paused as he begins to wonder why Yunho isn’t forcing himself on him if he has the strength. If Yunho really did wanted to him he could easily do it no matter how much jaejoong struggles.

“why aren’t you forcing your way on me?” jaejoong asked

Yunho turns to look at him for a bit before answering “I will only do it when you are willing…until you fully choose to give me your all…I won’t touch you in that way…”

For the first time jaejoong actually thought Yunho looked cool saying that word. It even made his heart skip a beat.

“something smells burnt” spoke Yunho

Jaejoong turn to his food and notice it was coming from his breakfast as it has turn a little dark.

After cleaning up the place a bit, jaejoong could finally rest as he sat down near the window totally exhausted especially when Yunho didn’t even lift a finger to help. The sky has already started to change color into a beautiful red and orange glow before he even realizes it. He digs into his pocket and took out a cigarette before lighting it. He took a puff and releases the smoke into the air. He was in the middle of enjoying it when a bit of water surrounded the end of the cigarette putting it out. Jaejoong quickly turns to glare at Yunho

“Will you stop that?! It’s starting to annoy me” glare jaejoong as he took out another one to light

“I already said it to you that I don’t want you smoking…” Yunho frowned at jaejoong’s choice of smoking.

“Like I care…” said jaejoong as he flicks on the lighter near the cigarette only to have more water put it out completely “YAH!!”

Yunho reached over and took the lighter from jaejoong and toss it out the window as a car drove by running it over

“You should think about your health more…” said Yunho

“That…that was gift!” snap jaejoong as he swings his hand to try and punch Yunho who dodged him “It was a birthday present from gummy you idiot!! Now you have ruined it!” he swings his arm again toward Yunho who caught his fist in his own hand. With a quick move Yunho once again twisted jaejoong’s arm around behind his back “let go of me!”

“If you want to get violent, I won’t let go”

Jaejoong glared at Yunho as he tries to struggle to be free but no matter what he does, he couldn’t break the hold as it become more painful. After a few minutes jaejoong sigh as he stops struggling

“Fine…I won’t try to hit you…just let go…I really feel like you will break my arm”

Taking jaejoong’s word for it Yunho let him go. Jaejoong regain his composer as he massages his now sore arm.

“I’m starting to understand why that Yoochun guy hates you so much…even I’m starting to hate you wanting to kill you” glare jaejoong

“I’m only doing what is best for you…”

“Yea right…” said jaejoong as he walked toward the door

“Where are you going?”

“To pick up what is left of that lighter you threw outside” said jaejoong coldly and angrily as he exited the building.

Yunho walked over to the window and in a few seconds, he sees Jaejoong walking out onto the street with a sadden expression before bending down to pick up the broken lighter. Seeing him make such an expression made Yunho felt guilty. Even though all he wanted to do was protect jaejoong, protect that heart that connects them, all he had done is anger him. At this point, how should he deal with this bride of his whose temper is as short as his who first action is to swing that arm of his. Yunho look around the room and notice the place is old. There was no way this place can protect them from the dragon slayers who will be out to hunt them.

“Maybe I should just grab onto him and fly far away” thought Yunho.

In fact, this thought has crossed his mind a few times but deep down he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Yunho turn his attention back outside and to his surprise jaejoong had disappear from where he was standing. All his red flags went up as he fears that someone had taken him while Yunho’s attention was somewhere else. He jumped out the window and onto the street as he frantically looks around but no sign of jaejoong.

“Jaejoong ah!” Yunho shouted but no response

Meanwhile jaejoong had taken the chance of Yunho being distracted to escape for some fresh air. Ever since the day Yunho came into his life, he was forced to be with Yunho at all time barely giving him any room to breathe. Especially after what Yunho just did, jaejoong felt like he will end up killing Yunho or Yunho will end up killing him for picking a fight. As of right now there are too many things going on that is frustrating him to the very core. He took out the broken lighter and frowned wondering how he is going to explain this to Gummy.

After stopping by the nearby convenience store buying a pack of soju, he stopped at a park to drown in alcohol. He sat in the darkness with nothing but a single street lamp to light his surroundings as the sun has set while the moon took the sun’s place in the sky. In one hand is a half drink bottle of soju and on the other hand is a lighted cigarette. He placed the cigarette between his full pink lips and inhales the smoke before releasing it into the air. He then drinks from the battle of soju in his hand still pisst of at Yunho.

“He kept going on and on about my health and how I shouldn’t smoke….just who do he think he is? My father? To even go as far as throwing out Gummy’s gift is nerve reckoning…I’ll show him just how bad I can mess myself up…” thought jaejoong as he lifted the bottle and place it against his lip.

Jaejoong placed the cigarette back between his lip when he heard footsteps coming his way and a voice he did not miss.

“Well…well…what do we have here?” came a rough and deep voice

Jaejoong turns to his right and notice a group of young thugs standing there with smiles and smirks upon their faces. The leader of the group was shorter with bright blond hair and lots of tattoos on his body that he isn’t afraid to show.

“I haven’t heard from you in days…don’t tell me you have decided to walk the path of goodness….or did you getting your beat scared you into hiding…” the leader spoke with a wide grin

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he only released the smokes into the air as it faded away into the night.

“I heard you messed with a mobster’s grandson and got taught a horrible lesson…” said the leader as he walked closer to jaejoong “I was told you got beat up to bad that your eyes were swollen…your lip were bleeding; your arms and leg were broken and you were hospitalized….and yet here you are drinking and smoking as if you just walk away from death without as much as a scratch…”

Once again jaejoong didn’t say anything, he only drinks his bottle of soju as the leader became irritated. He reached out and grab onto the bottle and yanked it away from jaejoong. The liquid inside spilled a bit as it landed on jaejoong’s shirt.

“If you are so scare of the mobster coming for you…you can join us…If you pledge your loyalty to me…I’ll protect you…. a pretty face like you will fit perfectly as my personal …” he grinned

Suddenly a punch landed upon his cheek sending him back a few steps. Jaejoong grabbed him by the collar of his shirt pulling him forward before slamming his head against the other guy and knee him in the stomach. The leader of the group falls to the ground gasping while in pain as he felt his body tremble.

“Why can’t you just walk away when I give you a chance to…” spoke jaejoong angrily as he bends down and grab the blond hair tightly “everyone knows that when I give the silent treatment it means they are given a chance to run…to save their life…but you…you just keep on talking getting on my nerve even more…I already have so much going on right now that the last thing I want to do is kick your …”

The leader looks into jaejoong’s cold angry eyes as he started to get scare “W-what are you guy doing?!” he shouted to his group of followers “Get him!!”

Upon his command, his followers rushed toward jaejoong who had let go of their leader and stood up. He let out a heavy sigh as one of the guy swings his arm to try and punch jaejoong who dodges it easily. The other guy continues to try to punch him but jaejoong continues to dodge before leaning down and punch the other guy in the stomach. He grabs onto him and threw him toward his friends. Another guy tries to attack jaejoong from the back but jaejoong ducted down before kicking him and then punched him in the face as he stumbled to the ground. The others came at jaejoong trying to subdue him but even with 10 people against one, jaejoong was coming out as the strongest. One of them did manage to land a hit against jaejoong’s beautiful face but the minute the other guy sees those angry cold brown eyes look at him, he saw death and quickly ran off in fear. Jaejoong on the other hand wasn’t going to let anyone who hit him escape as he grabs onto his bottle of soju and threw it with full force. The glass bottle hit the other guy at the back of his head as he falls to the ground in endless pain.

Jaejoong didn’t even as much as flinch upon the sight of blood coming from the other guy’s head. Instead he only reached down to the ground below and pick up his cigarette and place it between his lips. Around him are the 10 men who challenged him as they lay on the floor suffering from endless pain. The leader sat there on his in complete shock that one guy was able to take down 10 of his best men. His gut was telling him to run away but his body remains frozen as it shook from fear. Jaejoong turn to face him as he stiffens upon the gaze. Every step the beautiful man took toward him, he felt his heart jumped.  Jaejoong made a gesture of going to hit him as he quickly got on his feet and took off running like his life depends on it.

“He talks big but is a coward” grin jaejoong

Without him realizing it, one of the men has stood back up as he pulls out a knife as it glimmers under the street light. The young man slowly approaches jaejoong from behind hoping to drive this knife into his flesh as payback. Just as he lifted his hand into the air he felt his body became hot. Jaejoong turn around in time to see the young man engulfed in flames startling him as he quickly took a few steps back and falls to the ground. The other guy was shouting and screaming in pain asking for help. His flesh was peeling, his clothes was being burnt. Even jaejoong could smell the stench of burning flesh as he only sat there still in complete shock wondering what happen.

“help me!!! help me!!!” the young man shouted as jaejoong got up and tried to help him put out the fire but it was no use. The more he tries to help, the bigger the flame became.

A minute later everything became silence, the screaming stopped as only the sound of fire burning the body remains. Jaejoong stood there in complete shock unsure of what to do or why would this guy suddenly catch on fire.

“What is Yunho thinking…allowing his bride to walk around by himself and getting into danger” came Yoochun’s voice as he appear from the shadow with a smile on his face “You should thank me for saving your life…if I was a bit late, you would have bleed to death…”

Rather than being thankful, jaejoong glared at him coldly that even a dragon like Yoochun will feel a chill run up his spine. He can’t help but think that gaze from jaejoong is very intriguing and beautiful.

“You didn’t have to kill him!” snap jaejoong in anger

“But he was going to kill you…isn’t that more than enough reason for him to die?”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything feeling like Yoochun does have a point however death should only be given by the law. He turns to look at the burning body nearby and smell the burning flesh as he covered his mouth and nose. The stench was enough to make him feel sick. Suddenly Yoochun who was standing a few feet away appear right behind jaejoong before wrapping his arm around his slender body. Upon his touch jaejoong felt his body froze. Strangely enough when Yunho touch him it was warm but when Yoochun touch him it is cold like ice.

Yoochun leans forward as his lips came near to jaejoong’s ear “where is he? Where is the dragon you are bond to?”

“He…he isn’t here” jaejoong spoke

Yoochun’s smile got wider “then He wouldn’t mind if we have a little chat, would he?”

“C-chat?”

Before jaejoong could do anything Yoochun had flew into the sky carrying him higher and higher.

“W-what are you doing?! Let me down!”

“Are you sure? You will die if I let go?” smirk Yoochun as jaejoong shot him a glare

Yoochun stop as they hoover in midair where the moon stood behind them. Jaejoong could see the entire city below him with multiple colorful lights. Being this high up was cold as he felt his body freezing. He could even see his own breath as breathing became harder.

“If you going to kill me…just do it” spoke jaejoong

“Don’t worry…I will kill you eventually but you aren’t my main target…”

An image of Yunho flashed before jaejoong’s eyes “this problem is between you and Yunho…”

“Yes…but…you are what will drive him out…Yunho is the type who will not engage in fight unless provoked…”

Jaejoong became quiet as Yoochun continue “has he told you anything about the past we shared?”

“Only a little…”

“Then did he tell you what he did?”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as confirmation that he doesn’t know. This made Yoochun smile widely as he leans forward toward jaejoong’s ear “that guy betrayed me…he turns his back on the entire dragon race and ran away when we needed him…”

“What…do you mean?”

“Centuries ago dragons were being hunted left and right by slayers…we were facing a time of extension…our  chosen brides were being kill to harvest their heart…at that time we needed a leader…someone strong…someone powerful…that was Yunho…he is an heir to a race of dragon born of royal blood…the last of his kind to be exact…while I was fighting to defend my honor…my friends…my family…he turn around and refuse to help…he left me in the middle of a losing fight….he disappear from the face of the earth without a trace…”

Jaejoong became shock upon hearing this from Yoochun. He was debating rather he should believe that the dragon who risked his life to protect him will turn his back on a friend in need.

“Yunho was the reason dragons quickly died off…he was the reason only a small few survived…and  yet at the end he came back only to choose you as his bride…out of everything he could have protected…he protected only you…out of everything he could fought for…he fought for you…” said Yoochun as he became more angry “it’s kind of unfair if you ask me…how is it that he is willing to betray a longtime friend who had stay at his side for a mere human whom he chose that barely know him…barely understand him…a human who has yet to know his true potential…his power and strength…his dream and goals…”

“but…from what he told me you were constantly fighting him…trying to steal what is his…making an enemy out of him…if I have a friend like you…I would turn my back on you as well…”

This made Yoochun angry as he held jaejoong by the neck holding him above the city “Don’t talk as if you understand our past!”

Jaejoong felt the grip on his neck tighten as it became hard to breath. He was struggling but even if he broke free, where could he run. The one way is down and the only outcome is death.

“we were born to be equal” spoke Yoochun “even though the fire and water doesn’t get along…Yunho and I did…we were best friends…always watching each other’s back regarding of what our family tells us…I was the stronger one…I was the one quicker to learn new ability…Yunho was slower…more cowardly that I had to protect him….but as we got older I came to realize that strength and power is nothing compare to status….he was born of royals…I was born as a mere fire dragon whose status was below his…even though I have more power I had to bow down to him…”

“Sound like you was jealous…” grin jaejoong

“it was unfair…even though he was slow…he was out beating me on everything…I may gain the power but he gain the knowledge to expand what we thought wasn’t possible…as I become stronger…he slowly become stronger than me…the more power I gain…he gain more at the end…no matter how hard I work I was always second…but you know what pisst me off even more…” Yoochun asked as his eyes started to glow “the fact that he wasn’t even trying…I tried my hardest to be acknowledge and he barely tried and still out beat me…at the end…the dragon we deem as our leader turn his back on us and left us for dead…that is unforgivable…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he tried to gasp for air. However, the minute Yoochun look directly into his eyes, a cold chill filled his body.

“I’m going to make him go through what he made us go through…. I’m going to show him the pain of losing the person you love dearly…by tonight ends…I will have his head” spoke Yoochun with a serious expression before his lip curved into a smile

Before jaejoong could do anything Yoochun released him. He felt his body fall as Yoochun became smaller and smaller. Jaejoong shouted loudly as he dropped toward the city below. From afar Yoochun could see a little blue light shining as his lip curved into a smile. He took out a little amulet as he recalls what the grandfather had told him

*Flash back*

“use this and you will win against him” spoke Mr. Shim

“what is it?” Yoochun asked

“it’s a special amulet that will allow you to tap into your deepest power…it will draw out the true forces that lies within you…you won’t be able to lose…”

“how could I trust you?”

Mr. Shim smile “I want the heart…you want the dragon of water…and I also want him dead…you are my hope for immortality and I am yours for revenge.”

*End of flash back*

Yoochun gripped the amulet tightly as he flew down toward jaejoong whose flower symbol was glowing. Yunho who sensed jaejoong in danger flew toward the sky and spotted him falling down fast. He rushed toward him hoping to catch jaejoong to prevent his deadly fall. Yoochun was also coming down toward them as jaejoong begin to lose consciousness as he got closer and closer to the city below him. 

“Jaejoong ah!!!!” Yunho shouted catching his attention but his vision was a blur as he is slipping in and out of darkness.

“Let see if you can save him Yunho!!” shouted Yoochun as he conjured a ball of fire and shoot it down toward jaejoong.

From the look of it the fire was going to reach jaejoong before Yunho. Fearing for the worst his eyes glows a golden light before a pair of large wings grew from his back making him faster. Luckily Yunho caught jaejoong in time as he turns around toward the fire ball and conjured water to counter attack the fire. With both water and fire clashing together a huge smoke formed blocking all visibilities. Yoochun took this chance as he appears right behind Yunho and swing his leg but Yunho was able to block with his free hand but the attack drove him out of the smoke. He could feel his arm throbbing which was unusual. The strength Yoochun use in his kick was stronger and more forceful then before. After their last fight Yoochun shouldn’t be able to have this much energy.

As the smoke cleared Yoochun could be seen floating there with his eyes glowing more intense and more powerful than before. Even Yunho could sense the enormous amount of power flowing out of Yoochun.

“This is the end Yunho! I’m going to make you suffer like I did before! I’m going to take your bride before your eyes and then kill you with my bare hand”

Yunho knew something wasn’t right with Yoochun but with jaejoong in his arm, there was no way he could fight in midair. He will first need to get jaejoong to safety. Without a word Yunho made an escape down toward the city. Yoochun of course give chase.

Changmin was in his room about to get ready for bed when he noticed a light in the sky coming down toward the city. Suddenly a huge explosion could be seen as he felt the ground beneath him shook from the force of the blast. This woke up the entire city as many wondered what happen or what caused the explosion. Changmin on the other hand have this gut feeling like something terrible has happen. The first thought that came to his mind was jaejoong. He quickly made his way out of the bedroom and down the hallway

“get the car ready…” he spoke to one of the guard

“where are you going this late at night?”

“you felt it didn’t you…that explosion isn’t normal…take me to it”

“But…”

Changmin glared at him as he quickly bows his head and exited the house to get the car ready. Changmin have this horrible feeling swelling up inside as he prays that that explosion has nothing to do with Jaejoong.

Meanwhile Gummy was still working at the hospital when she felted the blast. She was tending to a patient as she walked toward the window and saw the flames engulfing part of the city as the sky started to glow a red and orange color. The fact that the explosion happens so close to where jaejoong live made her uneasy.

“What happen?” the little patient girl asked

“I don’t know…probably a business caught on fire or something…” spoke Gummy while having this terrible feeling deep inside her.

She excused herself from the room and took out her phone before dialing to connect with jaejoong. It ringed a few times but no answer. Without her realizing it, his phone was destroyed a few days ago. Unable to connect made her worried even more.

Junsu on the other hand was in the hotel room in the middle of putting his escape plan into action when he saw the explosion shaking the building as the glass windows shake endlessly. This took him by surprise as he walked toward the window to look outside as smokes filled the sky wondering what happen. Just looking at the flames before him made him uneasy as his chest tightens with pain. He doesn’t understand why but no matter what he needs to go there. Something within that blast is calling out to him.

Meanwhile Yoochun stood opposite Yunho as they are surrounded by fires. The ground below them were cracked as a large crater was made upon their power clashing causing the explosion. Jaejoong who was placed on the ground behind Yunho regain his consciousness. It took him a few seconds to register what happen as he notices himself on solid ground. He remembers falling from the sky but how did he end up down here and unhurt. It was at this moment that he noticed the crater and the fires that have this place surrounded. He could feel the hot heat as his gaze landed upon Yunho and Yoochun standing there glaring at each other. The power they were emitting was strong that made it hard for jaejoong to breath. The flower on his chest was glowing the golden light as he felt a sharp pain. From the look of it this seem like the fight that will determine who live and who die. He could only think that if they were to fight with this much power emitting from them, this entire city will be ruin.