Chapter 34

Dragon bride

Yay! double update :) but Sorry, this chapter is a little short, I had to cut chapter 33 into two or else it will be way too long for one chapter :)

_______________________________

 

            Yunho could only look at her wondering if he should believe her. But if she is willing to talk it out, this is his chance to put her back on the right track. His train of thoughts however, were interrupted by a soft chuckle from behind him.

“Give me a break…” grin Jaejoong “you sound too desperate that it’s unbelievable….”

Boa glared at him “What do you know? You are just a bride in name….you should stay out of our business...!”

Jaejoong only grin even wider before patting Yunho on the shoulder however his eyes were still reflecting bitterness toward him “Since she say this is your business and none of my concern, I’ll just leave you two to talk it out…you did wanted to find her too and here she is….you both have fun”

Jaejoong took a step away from Yunho however his arm was tightly grabbed by Yunho pulling him back. Yunho only glares at him as if to tell him to stay put. He then turn his attention back to Boa

“Boa….stop this nonsense right now….I know those words has no true meaning…I want you to stop working with the dragon hunter….what you are doing now isn’t right”

Boa however found this amusing as she chuckles before smiling “Alright….however….you will have to hand over your bride…”

Yunho’s expression became dark as he glares at her

“If you want me to stop….all you have to do is hand him over to me…once you do that…I will never appear before you again…we will never see each other ever again for the rest of your life…I will abandon all my plans and disappear….”

“Do you really think I will just hand him over?” glare Yunho

“Of course not…..so here is a second option for you…” her smile grew wider “You….come with me…and your bride can live another day…”

This time Yunho didn’t say anything as Jaejoong quickly turn to look at Yunho nervously

“If you won’t give him to me…You will have to take his place and come with me instead….”

“What…are you planning Boa? You were never like this before?”

“How was I before? I can’t remember…”

“BOA!” Yunho shouted her name with anger but it also hold a hint of care in his voice “Stop this while you still can…”

The way he speak to her irritated her as the smile on her face disappear “then what do you want me to do?”

“Repent….”

Upon this word, Boa laugh loudly as it echoed louder than the waves below the cliff “Repent? Are you seriously asking me to repent Yunho? What is there to repent? I have not done anything wrong”

The expression on Yunho’s face became even darker as he clenches his fist tightly “If you continue down this path….I won’t be able to help you…”

“I don’t need your help….I don’t need you to do anything for me…I am perfectly fine the way I am….I am happy with what I have done…what I was able to accomplished….By letting me go those centuries ago…you had given me the opportunity to grow….to become stronger…to open my eyes to this world….I have never been happier…”

“Boa….can you not see the end it holds? The consequence of walking down such a dark path?” Yunho asked as he soften his voice in disappointment

“I don’t need to see the end Yunho…what matter is right now….and it’s either I go back with you or him….it’s your choice otherwise…I’ll make the choice for you”

The hunters behind her took a step forward as the dragon scales in their possession started to glow brightly as they took out their weapons. For Yunho to fight against them alone not to mention fighting Boa will not be an easy task. Being on the cliff also limits how much he could move around. A strong breeze blew pass as both parties’ stares at each other as if waiting for the other party to make a move. Yunho was about to step forward when he felt a tug upon his arm. He slightly turn to look at jaejoong who was still showing an expression of pain, he look at Yunho and shook his head. This surprised Yunho because even though these pair of beautiful brown eyes were reflecting hate, it was also reflecting concerns. He could only smile at jaejoong softly before reaching out to remove Iaejoong’s hand and let go of his arm.

“Alright….I’ll go with you….but Jaejoong is to be unharmed…”

“Of course….” Smile Boa as she gestured for the hunters under her command to stand down and they did. Yunho took a few steps forward as Jaejoong clenches his chest tighter in anger.

“YUNHO YOU USELESS PIECE OF ! IF YOU LEAVE WITH THEM NOW, DON’T YOU EVER COME BACK TO ME YOU HEAR! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!” jaejoong shouted loudly

Yunho paused as he turn to face jaejoong with a sigh “I’m trying to protect you…”

Jaejoong smile bitterly “are you sure it’s for me….or is it for her?”

Yunho only look at him “Don’t misunderstand me jaejoong….”

“Heh…what is there to misunderstand….you are clearly making a choice right now and that choice isn’t me?”

When jaejoong spoke these words, he felt the pain in his heart become even more painful as the thought of Yunho going to her, being with her instead of him made him more upset. This thought alone was enough to rattle him up

“Don’t worry…everything will be okay….you return home and just wait…”

“Wait? Wait for what? For death to come?”

“Jaejoong….”

Jaejoong walked forward and grab onto Yunho before pushing him back with force that he ends up stumbling a bit “I’ll go with you!”

“Oi jaejoong…!”

Yunho reach out to jaejoong but was violently pushed back before a fist landed on the side of his face shocking him. This is the second time jaejoong struck him in the face and yet why didn’t he dodge or block him? Usually he is very good at having fast reflexes but when it comes to jaejoong, his body just doesn’t move like it should. Upon this scene everyone was in complete silence, never expecting that the bride will hit the dragon he is bond to. Jaejoong took a deep breath before glaring at Yunho

“YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!” he snapped

Boa found this to be very amusing as she laughed and clap her hands loudly “In all the centuries that I have lived….this is indeed the first time I had seen the bride hit the dragon….you have indeed picked a very interesting person as your bride Yunho…I’m not sure if it’s a mistake or a blessing to put you in your rightful place….”

Jaejoong turn to face her as he glares at her coldly. The look in his eyes was enough to send a chill throughout her body as her smile quickly disappeared and she found herself unable to say another word.

“Yunho…” jaejoong soften his voice so that only Yunho can hear him. Strangely enough at this moment, the pain he felt in his chest has disappear “I don’t know if you are just pretending to act stupid or if you really are stupid…..can’t you tell it is you she really wanted? If I was the target…they wouldn’t even bother to give you a choice…I’m not sure why their target suddenly shifted to you….but that is never a good sign….they are plotting something and I have a feeling that you are going to be part of their plan….no matter what…you better not go with them if you know what is good for you…”

Yunho didn’t say anything and only look at him a bit surprise at the sudden change in his attitude. One minute he was angry with him, yelling at him, glaring at him and now he is actually showing some concern for his safety. He is even willing to offer himself up in order to protect him. In fact, this isn’t the first time that jaejoong had done something like this. He had lost count of how many times, this violent and stubborn bride of his have saved him. They will argue, have a fight and say things they didn’t mean but at the end, one thing still remain true. Jaejoong never turn his back on him. Just like how jaejoong had said it before, he will never betrayed him. Maybe jaejoong is right, maybe he should get used to having someone watch his back, protect him when he does need protection. Maybe instead of treating him like a typical bride, he should listen to Jaejoong more and understand what he is trying to say or want to do. Upon this thought Yunho’s lip curved into a helpless and gentle smile, this only pisst jaejoong off more

“Why they hell are you smiling?! Did you even hear a thing I just said?!”

This only made Boa more annoyed “enough! If you aren’t going to make a choice, I’ll make one for you….”

She made a gesture with her hand “Bring me Yunho…” she commanded

“And the bride?” one of the hunters asked

“Toss him to the sea…” she grinned

The hunter hesitated unsure if this should be done, for one thing, it is ByungChul who wants the bride, if anything they should be bringing in both of them. Upon his hesitation, Boa glared at him coldly

“You have objection?”

The hunter quickly lower his head nervously “o-of course not…”

“Then what are you waiting for?!”

The hunters rushed forward and begin to attack. All 5 of them jumped toward Yunho and Jaejoong. But because jaejoong is a few steps in front of Yunho, the attack will most likely hit him first. Yunho acted fast as he reached out and grab onto Jaejoong, pulling him back and took a large leap back. However he found that they have already reached the edge of the cliff as the strong gust of wind from below could be felted. One of the hunters dashed forward with a sword in his hand as the dragon scale on his wrist glowed. The sword also glow in the same light as he attacked them. While holding onto Jaejoong, Yunho leaped up and used the hunter as a leverage to jump back to a safe part of the cliff. He spun around and kick the hunter as he stumbles forward, nearly falling off. He turn around with a glare as he swings his sword at Yunho once more. Yunho dodged while holding onto jaejoong. After that attack, another came forward right away. Yunho spun around and with a wave of his hand, water came out of the sea below and slammed right into the hunter sending him back a few feet as he collided with the tree. Yunho leaped into the air with jaejoong in his arm and attempted to fly away as fast as he could when a hunter suddenly appear right before his eyes, also floating in the air.

“Wind?!” thought Yunho concluding that this hunter had taken a scale from a wind dragon allowing him to use the power of wind to levitate in midair.

Yunho wasn’t prepare as the hunter created a large gust of wind sending Yunho and jaejoong back down to the ground below. Luckily Yunho was able to stabilize their landing to avoid injuries. Another hunter jumped toward them as Yunho and Jaejoong are forced to separate in order to avoid the attack. Jaejoong ends up stumbling on the ground while Yunho fought with the hunters. One hunter attempted to kick Yunho but blocked with his arm and spun around to grab onto his hand before kicking him, sending him back. Another hunter leaped forward and attack Yunho who leaped back a feet before conjuring water to counter another attack. Yunho was about to make another move when he felt his movement being restricted. Large thick vines has grew from the ground and wrapped around him tightly preventing him from making any movement. He turn his gaze to one of the hunters who happens to possess the scale of an earth dragon. While being bonded, another hunter rushed toward him with a long knife. However his attack was prevented by Jaejoong.

“I am never a fan of unfair fights…” he glares coldly

This took the hunter by surprise as jaejoong easily handled him, punching and kicking him. One of the hunter swing toward Jaejoong but he step back to dodge, and quickly step to the side before grabbing the hunter’s arm. He flip the hunter over as the back collided with the hard ground. This move took everyone by surprise, they end up freezing where they stand. They never expected that jaejoong could possess such strength. But then again, they just saw him punch Yunho who is said to be a very strong dragon in the face. The hunter that jaejoong flipped over was still groaning in pain before realizing that he no longer has his knife in his hand. It was jaejoong who ends up picking the knife from the ground and in his hand, the knife seem to have become more deadly.

“I always thought that I am the bringer of bad events but ever since I meet you Yunho…I realize that what I bring is nothing compare to you” he grinned before using the knife to cut the vines freeing Yunho “Last time you were bond by chains and I end up freeing you then too…it seem that events from the past are repeating themselves….probably reminding you how careless you are…”

Seeing this only made Boa even more upset. To see both Yunho and jaejoong fighting together irritated her. She took a hidden arrow in her possession and a bow from one of the hunters. She placed the arrow in the bow and pulls the string. She aimed the arrow at Jaejoong who is the biggest eyesore in her sight.

During this fight, Changmin pulled his car to a stop in front of a pathway leading to the cliff. Due to the information he was able to obtain from the hunter earlier, Changmin made it to the location where the others should meet in order to corner Yunho and jaejoong. When he learn of such a plan while roaming through the hunter’s mind, he didn’t plan on doing anything. He was going to just wait and see how it play out but his concerns got the better of him. However, he never expected it to be such a high place and not to mention a cliff over the ocean. If he remembers correctly, jaejoong is terrify of the ocean so why would he and Yunho be here? He walked further toward the cliff and could hear sounds coming from the front of him. It sounded like an intense fight was happening and the thought of jaejoong being in danger triggered him to run faster. As changmin made it to the cliff where the fight is happening, he witnessed Boa releasing an arrow as it flew toward jaejoong both in speed and strength.

“Jaejoong ah!” changmin shouted

Upon his voice, jaejoong notices it was changmin but in the state of confusion as to why he is here, jaejoong didn’t notice the arrow. It wasn’t until he saw a figure move before his eyes did he realize what had happen. The arrow that was meant for him end up striking Yunho on the upper right shoulder as he let out a groan of pain. But because of the sudden impact, he wasn’t able to control his strength as they both end up slipping off of the cliff.

Yoochun who was still sitting in the apartment watching the daily drama suddenly felt a ping in his chest. His expression quickly changed as he stood up and headed toward the window with a serious look on his face. He could tell something had happen to Yunho as he look around the apartment and realized that Junsu has yet to return from his trip to the convenient store.

When jaejoong woke up, the first thing he noticed was the dark and rocky ceiling. The place was dark but it wasn't dark to the point where he couldn't see anything. He also noticed the coldness of this room and the ground that he is laying upon. With a groan, he sat up feeling his head aching. At this moment he remembered that he and Yunho had fallen from the cliff. He quickly rub himself for any injuries or broken bone. Once he concluded that he is still in one piece other than his now drenched clothes, he let out a sigh of relief. He begin to look around and noticed that he is in a cavern. As to how he got here, is still a mystery. Not far from where he is, he could see a large lake that seem to be laminating a faint light. He pulled himself into a standing position and started to look around.

"Yunho?..." he called out as his voice echoed around him

Upon not seeing him or hearing a response from him, jaejoong begin to worry. Yunho was after all struck with an arrow while protecting him. As he walks around, he continues to call out to Yunho without any response. Being alone in such an unfamiliar place creeps him out as he shivered from the coldness.

"Oi Yunho?! Where did you go?" he shouted

Just then he heard footsteps coming from behind him, he turn around and spotted Yunho standing there looking completely fine. Upon seeing him, he let out a sigh of relief

“Where the hell did you go? I was calling you for a while now?"

"Sorry...I was exploring the place...."

Jaejoong once again look around "Where are we?"

"Its an underground cavern created deep in the root of the cliff..."

"You mean...this is under the ocean?"

Yunho nodded his head before walking toward jaejoong

"How do we get here?"

"When we fell from the cliff and into the ocean, I noticed a tunnel under the water and follow it. It eventually brought us here....but....it looks like the only exit is the way we came from"

Jaejoong frown upon this wondering what they should do in this situation.

"For the time being...it’s best to stay here and wait out the danger..." said Yunho

"Easy for you to say...it's cold and damp in here...not to mention it is creep and dark"

Yunho only grinned at him and Jaejoong knew what he is thinking as he sent him a glare as to warn him not to say anything. Without another word, Yunho walked over to the wall and sat down before groaning.

"What's wrong?"

"It’s nothing..." said Yunho

Jaejoong knew there is something wrong, he walked over to Yunho and pulled his shoulder forward to see the stain of blood on Yunho's clothes. However the arrow is no longer there “Did you pull out the arrow yourself?"

Yunho nodded "Don't worried about it....it is only a small wound....it will heal soon enough..."

Jaejoong had forgotten that dragon can heal themselves and he pushed the worries aside and sat down next to Yunho. They both didn't say a word to one another, only the sound of dripping water echoed around them.

"What now?" Jaejoong asked

"Just relax...and wait"

Jaejoong tried to relax but it was hard. The rocky wet floor was not comfortable as this place is also very cold. He shivers over and over again feeling like his fingers and feet is about to go numb. What felted like hours, jaejoong could no longer sit still as he stood up and started to explore the place. It was better than sitting around doing nothing. He went to the large lake in front of him and swatted down before dipping his hand into the water. Upon how cold it is, he shivers once more and quickly retreated his fingers.

“neh Yunho…” jaejoong spoke

Yunho of course didn’t respond

“Just to be clear with you…I wasn’t planning on breaking our bond….even if there is a way….the sacrifice you will have to make is to heavy….” Said Jaejoong “Just the thought of you being forever alone…not being able to choose another bride is just heart breaking…even a tough man like me wouldn’t want you to go through that”

Once again Yunho didn’t say anything

“Even though you pisst me off at times….I just don’t feel right to just call it quit and walk away….you have saved my life too many times….I tried to repay it and yet you save me once again….I’m starting to feel like my debt continues to increase….but…we are a team…so we will have to work together as a team…rather we like it or not….the most important thing here is figuring out what the dragon hunters are planning….at first they were hunting me….but suddenly it seems like I’m not the only one they want anymore….” said jaejoong as he thought back to what Soonjae had told him before. Could it be that they we now putting their plan into action and they need Yunho for it to succeed? If this is the case, the one who need protection isn’t him but Yunho?

“Hey…aren’t you going to say anything? I’m trying to have a serious conversation here with you” Jaejoong asked as he turn to face Yunho who has yet to say a word. It was at this moment that Jaejoong noticed the strange look on Yunho’s face “Yunho? Are you okay?”

Jaejoong walked over to Yunho and see him making a painful expression while his eyes were still closed.

“Hey Yunho?...oi…”

Jaejoong reached out to touch him when Yunho suddenly snap open his eyes and what jaejoong saw reflected in those eyes scared him. Yunho grabbed onto him and end up pushing him down, pinning him to the wet floor. The grip upon his shoulder were hard and tight causing him to wench from the sudden pain. The look in his eyes were dark and scary, the expression he was making were that of a wild beast being unleased.