Chapter 36

Dragon bride

OH MY GOD! I truly apologize for the LONG delay in updating the story....so much has happen and with all the damn holidays keeping me busy has prevented me from writting. But now the holidays are over, a new year has started....so that means I can update again :) by the way....."HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!"

___________________________________________________________________

 

           After taking a nice warm shower, jaejoong exited with his hair still dripping wet as he gently massages it with a white towel. He had put on a simple gray sweat pants and a loose white t-shirt as he made his way toward his room. He stood at the door way watching as Yoochun dressed up Yunho’s wound on his back with care. Now that they are out of the dark cavern, under the florescent light of his room, he could make out the paleness of Yunho’s skin. He had never seen him look so weak that it made his heart ached. He recalled the fight on the cliff and how Yunho used his body once again as a shield to protect him. If it wasn’t for Yunho, it will be him who is in his position right now with an arrow wound to his back.

“How is the wound?” he finally spoke startling the two dragons who has yet to realize his presence.

Upon seeing jaejoong walking further into the room, Yunho quickly slip on his shirt to cover his back and acted as natural as possible. Yoochun and Yunho exchange glances as neither spoke up to answer the question. Jaejoong waited a bit and raised his eye brow upon their silent as both of them had on the same worrisome expression.

“What is it? Is it bad?” jaejoong asked as he started to have this horrible feeling inside that maybe Yunho’s condition is much worst then it seems.

It was Yoochun who first rose from where he sat and stepped forward toward jaejoong “The wound isn’t deep, I was able to clean it and bandaged it up…by tomorrow…it should heal once Yunho regain his strength…but….” He paused a bit making Jaejoong anxious

“But what?”

With a deep breath Yoochun continued “I…noticed that there is an infestation in Yunho’s bloodstream….that arrow that struck him wasn’t a normal arrow….they had glazed the arrow head with some sort of poison…quite deadly to dragons”

Upon the mention of poison, jaejoong felt like something became stuck in his throat making him unable to utter a word as his eyes grew wide. He quickly snapped his head toward the blue dragon with the utmost concern in his eyes.

“What…what do we do? Will…will he be okay?”

Yoochun smile gently “Don’t worry….I was able to detoxify the poison….just give him some days to rest…which means….” He turn his eyes to jaejoong before pointing at him with a serious look on his face “…you must behave yourself and stop giving us trouble….don’t blame me if he end up dying because of your recklessness…just know that even though we are mighty dragons that have lived for many centuries and possesses great power….we are still living flesh and blood…we can die as much as human can...”

Jaejoong could only drown himself in self guilt, after all, this was his fault. If he hadn’t wonder off from the apartment…they wouldn’t have encounter Boa, the fight wouldn’t have happen and Yunho wouldn’t have gotten injured. Maybe it was because Yunho is a dragon….a powerful dragon that doesn’t seem to have much weakness that Jaejoong had completely disregard his safety…disregard the fact that this dragon before him could actually die. He had been with Yunho for some time now, gone through all sorts of trouble and near death experienced and yet only this moment did death crossed his mind.

Yoochun spoke “It wouldn’t hurt to listen to him once in a while…especially now that he isn’t as strong as he once were because….”

“Because he had shared half his life with me” jaejoong finished the sentence feeling like these words have been repeated to him countless times to remind him that this life isn’t his alone. He lower his gaze and reflected on his actions these last couple of days. Yunho could no longer watch as jaejoong drown himself in guilt he slowly stood up

“Don’t worry…I’m fine…this isn’t anything…” before he could finish, he ends up stumbling forward

It was Jaejoong who quickly supported him. The minute their body touched, he felt Yunho’s breath upon the side of his neck as it quickly burns. It reminded him of their entanglement in the cavern, the hot and deep kisses that has yet to disappear from his lip. Yunho was about to thank jaejoong for his help when suddenly he is tossed back onto the bed causing him to land on the shoulder that was injured. He quickly let out a few painful moans as his expression became worst.

“Didn’t you hear a thing I just said?!” Yoochun snapped as he quickly went to Yunho to check the wound praying that it did not re-open.

“S-sorry…” jaejoong could only apologize realizing his mistake. It’s not like he did it on purpose, his body moved on its own. Just thinking about the kiss and feeling of Yunho’s breathe on his neck made him want to quickly separate.

“What’s wrong with you? Why is your face so red?” Yoochun questioned him

Jaejoong touched his cheek and felt it warmer then usually as he clear his throat “I…I took a hot s-shower….”

“How does that even…”

“Enough Yoochun…” Yunho finally spoke as he pulls himself into a sitting position and took a few deep breaths to ease the pain from his shoulder as he smiled “…it’s already getting late…let’s just rest for tonight…”

“Yes…rest…!” Jaejoong voice ring loudly into the room agreeing with Yunho “we need to rest…it was a big day today…!”

He walked to Yoochun, grab his arm before pulling him off of the bed and started to push him toward the door “You can take my bed for tonight…I’ll sleep in the living room so please get plenty of rest…I’ll try not to disturb you and don’t worry…I won’t run off or do anything troublesome….so be at peace okay?…”

Before Yunho could say anything, jaejoong had already pushed Yoochun out and closed the door leaving him alone in the dark room. He could only let out a long sigh before slowly lying down on the bed and pulls the cover over his body. He could smell the faint scent of jaejoong on the bed making him a little uncomfortable. Just his scent alone was making his body hot as he laid there staring at the ceiling with a lot of things on his mind making it hard to close his eyes. None the less he figures he need to sleep and restore his energy because no one knows what could happen when tomorrow comes.

Once out on the hallway, jaejoong turn his gaze toward the closed door. He understand that Yunho is a dragon and their healing abilities is top notch but even so he can’t help but be concern. He remembered the fearful event that happen in the cavern, how Yunho suddenly went crazy. To recall those dark eyes looking down at him, it sends a chill throughout his body. If possible, he wishes to never see those eyes again.

“Hey jaejoong…” Yoochun spoke

“What?”

“Can I ask you a question?”

“…”

Upon his silent Yoochun continued with the question he had in his mind “did Yunho….act strangely when you guys were in the cavern?”

Once again the frightful scene flashed before jaejoong’s eyes as those dark black irises sends a chill throughout his body once more “Why…do you ask?”

Yoochun lean against the wall and crossed his arms “Well…with the infestation of the bloodstream…it could cause him to lose his sanity….even his rationality will be distorted….I’m just trying to figure out exactly when did the infestation took place….I know that once the arrow struck him, the poison had already invaded his body…but it doesn’t look like it reacted right away….from the moment he started to act strange is probably when the poison finally reached the core….”

Jaejoong was quiet for a moment before speaking “he did…”

“What did he do?”

“He tried to strangle me….”

With these words, Yoochun look at jaejoong in shock. He was expecting something a little less violent like maybe losing his cool or become more quiet than usual or suddenly change into a cheerful person. He never expected that Yunho will actually try to strangle his bride to be.

“And then what else?”

And then he forcefully kissed me, is what jaejoong would like to say but he couldn’t reveal such an embarrassing scene to Yoochun “nothing else….”

“How did you escape?”

“I managed to break free one of my leg and kicked him as hard as I could…it caused him to hit the back of his head and knocked him back to his senses….”

Yoochun became quiet as he started to think about this matter deeply “Before I showed up…how long it was when this took place?”

“I don’t know….maybe an hour or so….”

“I see…”

Upon the worried look on Yoochun’s face, jaejoong begin to suspect that there is something he has yet to tell him “is there…a problem?”

Yoochun shook his head and smiled the best he could “no…there isn’t any problem…”

“Then why were you looking so grim…?”

“Ah…it…was nothing…”

Jaejoong narrowed his brows “What are you not telling me Yoochun?”

“There isn’t anything really…”

Jaejoong of course wasn’t buying it. But before he could say a word, the front door open as Junsu finally came back. Upon his presence, Yoochun quickly averted his attention from the bride before him to Junsu.

“You! Where in the world had you been?! Does it really take you that long to go to the convenient store?” Yoochun pretend to be angry while scolding Junsu hoping this will prevent jaejoong from questioning him further.

While Yoochun was scolding Junsu, jaejoong once again turn his gaze toward the bedroom door. He had the urge to burst back inside and look at the wound himself. However, he couldn’t do it feeling like he might be disturbing the sleeping and exhausted dragon on the other side of this door. Even though Yoochun stated the poison has been remove, jaejoong can’t help but feel this strange sensation deep inside him as if it’s telling him that something is terribly wrong.

As the night slowly passed by, everyone in the apartment went to sleep as silent filled the room. The only sounds that could be heard was the ticking of the clock on the wall and the soft droplets of water from the sink. Jaejoong slept on the couch while Yoochun and Junsu made themselves comfortable on the floor with two pillows and a thin blanket. Jaejoong on the other hand wasn’t bless with such peaceful sleep like Yoochun and Junsu as he twist and turns uncomfortably. The expression on his face changed from pain to bitterness and eventually fear. He quickly snap open his eyes and sat up breathing heavily as he pant and gasp for air. He could feel his body shaking with cold sweats from having such a terrible nightmare. He turn his gaze to the two sleeping duos on the ground and let out a long sigh of relief. Once he was able to calm himself, he removed the blanket from his body and made his way toward his bedroom. He slowly turn on the door knob and tried to open the door as quiet as possible, peeking into the darken room to check on Yunho. Once he heard the soft breathing echoing from the shadows, he let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank god it was just a dream” thought jaejoong as he pat his racing heart to calm its down.

He was about to close the door and return to the living room when the familiar voice spoke

“Can’t sleep?” Yunho asked startling jaejoong

“S-sorry…did I wake you? I’ll go back…you can also go back to sleep…”

Yunho pulls himself into a sitting position and turn to face the troubled bride “It’s alright…I can’t go back to sleep…” he paused a bit while staring at jaejoong “What’s wrong? Is everything alright?”

“Everything is fine….I just….had a nightmare that’s all…” jaejoong smile feeling like a child telling his father he can’t sleep because of nightmares “I’m….use to sleeping on my own bed….usually I get nightmares sleeping anywhere else….it’s strange I know…”

Yunho stares at him strangely making him feel nervous before shifting further to the other side of the bed and pat the empty spot next to him “come here and sit down…don’t just stand there…”

Jaejoong was a little surprise by his invitation but none the less he obey without any protest. He closed the door and made his way toward his bed and sat down. He doesn’t understand why but being alone with Yunho in this room with the door closed made him extremely nervous. Even though he is sitting down with his back facing Yunho, he could feel the hot gaze on his back.

“M-maybe I’ll just go back to the living room”

Jaejoong stood up hoping to escape this awkwardness but he felt a strong hand wrap around his waist and pulls him back down onto the bed. Without any words, Yunho forced jaejoong to lay down next to him and pulls the blanket over the both of them.

“Sleep…it’s very late…” he spoke softly with a hint of gentleness that soften jaejoong’s heart making it beat even harder.

“I-it’s too cramped for two grown adults…I’ll just…” before he could get up, Yunho once again pushed him back down on the bed but this time he kept his arm wrap over jaejoong’s body to keep him from moving

“I’m injured and need to rest…are you planning to keep me awake?” he asked

Jaejoong immediately felt guilty as he stop moving and laid on the bed quietly. But it’s hard to even close his eyes when he is so nervous being so close to Yunho. Other than Gummy and Changmin, he had never been this close to another person. Even with the gangs that he hangs out with cannot get close without getting a beating. It could be that through all the hardship that he went through, kinship was something he never care for. He gets annoyed when people invade his personal space, just touching him makes him feel disgusted. And yet this situation is very confusing, usually he would dislike being forced to lay down next to another body but oddly enough he doesn’t dislike it. To be this close to Yunho, to have his arm wrap around him stir up a feeling inside that he had never felted before. It’s a warm and fuzzy feeling, a feeling of being protected that will soften anyone’s heart. Unlike him, Yunho completely went back to sleep breathing softly once more while still holding onto jaejoong showing no sign of letting go. Jaejoong turn his head to his right and came face to face with the sleeping Yunho. Just staring at this handsome and perfectly sculpted face made jaejoong’s heart skip a beat. Now he wonders rather being bonded to Yunho is his bad luck or the life saving grace that he desperately needed.

Yunho suddenly stirs in his sleep as jaejoong quickly turn his head back to staring at the ceiling. Just then the dragon sleeping next to him move closer and pulls him closer as the side of jaejoong’s face is smacked right on to the hard and board chest.

“This…is even worse than the nightmare!!” thought jaejoong

Just across the city, changmin too could not close his eyes and sleep. He continues to think about the scene of his most beloved falling off of the cliff. It felted too real to even be a dream, the more he thinks about it, the more he want a full scale search below the cliff for jaejoong. But he knew that if it wasn’t a dream, and jaejoong really did fall off of the cliff, there is Yunho who will most likely save him. At the thought of Jaejoong probably being fine ease his mind a little but at the same time it upsets him that it wasn’t him who could protect the man he loves. Over and over again he couldn’t do anything for jaejoong and the place at his side has been completely over taken by Yunho. He clenches his fist tightly in self-hate before calming himself. He leans his back against the headboard of the bed and tilted his head toward the ceiling before letting out a deep exhausting breathe. He once again reminded himself what his true aims are and what he really needed to do. To waste his time hating himself…waste his time being overly jealous of Yunho will not help Jaejoong’ s case. He turn his head toward the window as the night sky outside is light up by the large bright moon. He had already gotten rid of some troublesome people, he manages to pull more hunters to his side and even recruited some faithful family members. The only thorns that is hard to remove is MinSeok and Byungchul. But he figures that as long as MinSeok is taken down, ByungChul will not have much power to stand against him. The only issues here is that MinSeok is someone hard to grasp. The only thing he could do now is wait on the report from YongHwa and keep an eye out for the right moment to strike.

Changmin could no longer sleep as he stood up and put on a long warm cardigan before exiting his room. He figures a little walk out on the courtyard will tire him out as he made his way there. He opens the two large glass door and stepped out into the yard feeling the cool night breeze upon his body. Compare to the day time, the night time was more quiet and peaceful. He walks down the pathway by passing all sorts of flowers and plant when suddenly he felt a presence hiding in the shadows watching him. Rather than alarm or take actions, changmin only continued on with his walk as if he didn’t notice anyone. He walked a little further away from the house when a dark shadow appeared right in front of him, blocking his path way. This person was cover from head to toe dressed in a black outfit wielding a long sword in his hand. Two other men also appear standing behind changmin to block his escape.

“It’s so late at night….what are you guys up to? Practicing?” changmin asked calmly

“Indeed….and you happen to be our practice target…” one of them spoke in a deep voice

Changmin didn’t seem to mind much, there were too much on his mind lately that maybe this is what he needed to release some stress. The other two men also pulls out their weapon as the moon light reflected upon their weapons giving it a shine. Changmin on the other hand has no weapon on him nor do he have any guards at his side. But the only thing he really needed to fight is embedded in his flesh.

“You have been acting too arrogant ever since you took charge....this time….we will no longer stand by and let you continue as you please…” one of them spoke with hate toward changmin

“I was only trying to make the family better…” smile changmin

“Better? removing family members…changing the ranking…the branches of the different household has deeply ruin the family line….blending the lower branch with the higher branch has put an end to the long history of the shim family….and your terrible regime will end tonight with blood…”

“Now…now…don’t make me out to be a terrible detector….”

“Any last words before we cut you into multiple pieces?”

Changmin was quiet for a moment, neither saying anything nor calling for help. He only stood there quietly waiting for the 3 men to make their moves. Upon his silence, the 3 men dashed forward, raising their weapon to attack. Even though Changmin isn’t that good at fighting, his ability to dodge is admirable. The fact that he manages to stay so calm and barely make a move to attack made one of the 3 men suspicious. One of them dashed forward toward changmin who jumped back to dodge. The guy swing his sword as changmin bends his body backward as the blade pass over him. He quickly stood back up, grab the arm of the other man and using the free hand, he punched the guy on the face. This caused the guy in black to stumble back as the second guy came toward changmin from behind. Changmin dodged once more before grabbing the guy from the back of his black uniform and with a harsh push, changmin pinned him on the ground. He placed his hand over the guy’s head and out of the blue, the guy begin to scream in agonizing pain. Upon his painful struggle, the other 2 guys stopped dead in their track and watches as their friend begin to shake endlessly. His eyes were open widely as his mouth gasping for air. A moment later, the guy under changmin stopped struggling as his face became very pale. His irises is no longer in the middle but raised to the top as the expression on his face froze. Changmin slowly stood up and turn his gaze toward the other two men and his lip curved into a smile

“Who is next?” he asked

The two men exchange uncertain glances before turning toward changmin feeling nervous. They had no idea what exactly just happen or what changmin did to their friend. None the less they must complete their mission as they dashed forward toward changmin. However, in a short period of them, another fell into the same state as their first friend. The remaining man paused as he turn to look at changmin with fright reflected in his eyes. He wasn’t sure what exactly is going on, the young master isn’t one who excel in the martial arts nor does he have any weapon to defend himself. However in such short time, two of his friends had fallen by the hand of changmin. There is no weapon on him and there isn’t any energy flow to indicate that he is using a dragon scale. Without any sort of magical assistance, just how in the world did changmin defeat those two?

He hesitated upon attacking changmin as he looks at his fallen friends on the ground. Fearing that he too will end up the same way, he turn around and attempted to flee. Just as the intruder is about to make his escape, changmin had appear right before him startling him. Before he could do anything, a strong grip appears upon his neck as his airway became restricted. He struggled to free himself but he couldn’t. The intruder felt his body being lifted into the air by the hand of changmin. He gaze into those cold and bitter eyes before he felt his neck broke as his body went limp. Without any movement from his attacker, changmin finally let go as the body falls onto the ground. Footsteps could be heard making their way toward his location.

“Young master?” one of the guard appears behind him “What are you doing out here so late at night?”

“I couldn’t sleep….so I went out for a walk…..”

The guard looks down and to his surprise, there is a body on the ground next to changmin. Not too far away, there were two more bodies.

“W-What happen?!” he asked

“Assassins….”

“Assassins?!” the guard shouted in shock as he quickly radio to the other guards regarding the situation.

He had two guards escorted changmin back to the main house as the others search the premises to insure that there aren’t any more assassins hiding in the darkness. Changmin returned to his room as he closed the door and removed the cardigan before taking a look at the black dragon scale on his chest. He saw it glowing a dark light as he felt his own energy being drained. He stood by the window and watches as multiple people below begin to run around the yard searching for any possible intruders. The look on his face were dark and serious.

“It was a mistake for me to let down my guards…if one of them had escaped, my secret would have been exposed….” Thought changmin as he turn his gaze to the large sky “It seem….they have become more daring….”

Meanwhile, back at ByungChul’s house, he sat in the living room right in front of the burning fire place enjoying a cup of tea. The room is filled with the melody of classical music as he hums alongside the songs with a very good mood.

“Master…” came YongHwa’s voice interrupting the great mood

“What is it YongHwa?”

“It’s about the assassin attempt….”

Upon the mention of this plan, ByungChul finally stop humming and turn to face his loyal servant who is kneeling on the ground.

“The attempt failed….all three of them has been killed….”

This information didn’t surprise ByungChul at all, in fact he was expecting this assassin attempt to fail. It was more of a trial, a test of changmin’s capabilities.

“Were all three of them killed by the young master?”

YongHwa nodded his head

“How did he killed them?”

“From the look of it, two of them completely lost their mind like literally….their brain were shut down bringing death….the 3rd one had his neck broken….”

“It seems our innocent cute young master has indeed been transform into a demon who no longer hesitate to kill….” Said ByungChul “Did you get what I wanted you to get?”

YongHwa nodded his head as he took out a little memory card and handed it to ByungChul who happily took it.

“Did you get everything?”

“Yes…I did…”

ByungChul’s lip curved into a wide smile “Good….”

The next day, the sun shines brightly as everyone is awaken and breakfast is being made. Gummy had come over as usual before her shift at the hospital. It has become a routine of her to stop by for breakfast at Jaejoong’s apartment. Everything seems normal at first but there is a certain situation that she can’t seem to figure out.

“…care to explain to me what exactly is going on here? Did I enter some kind of alternative universe or something?” Gummy asked Yoochun after witnessing a very obedient Jaejoong who no longer fight or arguing with Yunho. If Yunho say sit, he sits, if Yunho asked him to go do something, he goes and does it, if Yunho wanted him to be quiet, he’ll be quiet. However, the expression on his face wasn’t one that is happy to obey. It almost looked like Yunho had blackmailed him to obey his every command and he will angrily grumble to himself while performing every task perfectly.

“What you are seeing is his guilty consciousness taking over…” said Yoochun

“Guilty consciousness?”

“Yes… jaejoong disobey and left the apartment yesterday and Yunho got heavily injured protecting him…. he was on the verge of dying too…so I scolded him about how Yunho will died one day if he doesn’t change his way of thinking and causing troubles for others….I guess…that scolding worked….this entire morning I have yet to hear they fight and jaejoong has yet to cause any more trouble…”

“I…see…” said Gummy as she continues to stare at the two men before her. It could just be her overthinking it or her imagination running wild but the distance between these two men seem to have gotten closer. Even though jaejoong is showing obvious discontent toward Yunho, he is actually doing what Yunho wanted without as much as an argument. In the past, no matter what people do or what kind of dirty secrets they have on him, he still wouldn’t lower himself to obey them. In fact, he would just go straight to them and beat them up into a bloody mess.

She only shook her head and picks up the cup of tea before bringing it to her lips. She only took a sip as she watches Jaejoong reaching for a cup in the cupboard and Yunho leaning over to help him. At that moment she saw something she had never seen before. The way jaejoong’s eyes lights up when Yunho helped him. She had never seen his eyes lights up like this before. It was like discovering a whole new world and knowing jaejoong, he probably isn’t even aware of it.

“This is more than just a guilty consciousness isn’t it?” she asked

“What do you mean?” Yoochun asked

“The way his eyes is glowing…..it’s clearly stating something happen between them….something we don’t know about….”

Yoochun only looks at her confused “I’m not sure what you mean? But…they both did came out of the bedroom this morning together….jaejoong was saying something about how his back ached and he looked every exhausted….”

Gummy turn her gaze back to Jaejoong and Yunho at the verge of panicking. She can’t help but think about her innocent jaejoong being done in by the big scary dragon. Upon seeing them so close together, she could no longer keep her cool. She stomps right over to them and squeezed herself into the middle separating them. She shot a glare at Yunho and took jaejoong by the arm before pulling him toward the table and had him sit down right next to her where she can watch over him.

“I’m watching you Yunho….don’t think you can have it all” she glares at him giving him the gesture that indicate her eyes will constantly watch him.

Yunho on the other hand only raised one of his eye brow at her before turning his gaze toward the clock on the wall “Doesn’t your shift starts soon…?”

Gummy looks at her watch and it is true, if she doesn’t leave now, she will be late for work. When she turn her gaze back to Yunho, she spotted a huge grin on his face as if he is stating that she can’t watch him all the time. She didn’t want to leave but if she had no other choice. With much difficulties, Jaejoong was able to push her out the door and force her on her way to the hospital.

“Seriously….what has gotten into her…she is more clingy then usual…” jaejoong mumbled to himself as he returned to where the others are.

At that moment Junsu exited the bathroom with a serious look on his face. In fact, he looked like something has been troubling him since he came back last night. Yoochun had asked him about it but he only smiled and said it was nothing. It wasn’t until Junsu ends up tripping over the leg of the chair did Yoochun caught him and demanded an answer as to why he has been acting strangely. Both Yunho and Jaejoong has been curious as well but has not been able to ask anything from him. After much debate, Junsu decided to tell them everything of what happen last night and what has been happening within the shim family.

“I have decided to go back….if I can somehow talk to changmin….maybe I can still help save him…”

“No!” Yoochun objected “There is no way I am letting you go back into that mad house…they all know you betrayed the family….they see you as a traitor Junsu….they will not hesitate to kill you….if what you said is true about your little brother….there is a chance of him wanting to kill you as well….”

“But Yoochun….he is still my brother….he is basically starting a war with the family…he alone will not be able to win this….”

“It doesn’t matter….I forbid you from going anywhere near that god forsaken house!”

This only made Junsu angry as he stood up and slam his hand upon the table “You can’t decide for me what I can and can’t do yoochun! This is a family matter….and I’m still very much a part of that family! An outsider like you wouldn’t understand!”

Yoochun also became enraged as his eyes glows a bright color. The area on the table where his palm lays begin to turn color and eventually melted away from the hot heat of Yoochun’s hand. Yunho took matter into his own hand and summoned water as it splashed over Yoochun, cooling him.

“You!!!”

“Control yourself Yoochun…” Yunho glares

Upon his cold eyes, Yoochun finally calm himself down knowing better than to go against his future king.

“It’s my fault…” jaejoong finally spoke

“It is not your fault…” said Yunho

Jaejoong shook his head “No…it is my fault…I should have known what is going on….changmin was basically pleading for me to help him escape that night I spoke to him….but I ignored him….he asked me to run away with him….if I had taken his hand that night and ran….he wouldn’t have gotten so deep into this mess…and now he is turning against his family…turning against the dragon hunters….to protect me….”

Everyone became quiet, Yunho had wanted to put in some reassuring words that this has nothing to do with jaejoong but no words could be made. Deep down he knew that this risky decision that changmin is making is for jaejoong. He can’t help but admire him for being courageous, for attempting to stop his family in his own way to protect the person he love. After a moment of cooling down, Junsu finally spoke once more.

“I have to help him….if you think about it….if it isn’t for him taking over the family after my grandfather is hospitalized….we will not be sitting here like this….we will be fighting….we will be pushed to running and hiding….it’s because of him that he had delayed the hunts…he had controlled the other branches of the family to forbid them from acting out on their own….you can’t stand here and tell me that you don’t appreciate his effort?”

“We do appreciate his effort Junsu…but this….this is still too risky….right now we aren’t just talking about facing one enemy as a whole…right now with the family splitting up….there are multiple groups within the household that we are going to face against….”

“You are a mighty powerful dragon Yoochun….what is there for you to be afraid of? Unlike Yunho who only has half his power….you are operating at all full power with nothing holding you back….to fight against the dragon hunters…to help me save changmin should be an easy task…”

“What is holding me back is you and your safety!” Yoochun snapped “if it weren’t for you…do you think I’ll still be here? I’ll probably went on a rampage against the Shim family, spearing no life…..but because there is you…I felt responsible for your safety that I had stuck around here doing nothing but watch over you to insure no harms comes to you”

Upon these heart felt words, Junsu became quiet. Yunho and jaejoong only remain quiet as well feeling like this argument has taken a turn to the personal level.

“Is it….because I look like Xia? If that is the only reason you are doing all of this….then I advise you to please stop…..I may look like him…..but I am not him….I don’t want to be use as his replacement….” As Junsu spoke these words, he felt his chest become tighter as his heart ached. He knew from the beginning that it’s because he resemble Xia that Yoochun is willing to protect him but he wasn’t able to bring himself to fully accept that this is the truth.

Yoochun only stood there and stares at Junsu with an expression of pain and shock. Junsu on the other hand could no longer look at Yoochun’s gaze as he lower his eyes.

“no matter what changmin has done….he is the only family member that I care about….the only one in the entire household who did not see me any less just because I only carries half of the shim bloodline….even after treating him badly as a kid…he didn’t hold any grudges and still hold me highly in his eyes….I can’t stay here and not act knowing the kind of troubles that is happening around him….” Junsu spoke “I took your side because I don’t believe in the hunting of dragons and harvesting the heart of the dragon bride….I helped you as a way to stand against my grandfather and his crazy belief….I also helped you believing in what changmin had told me about your race…how dragons are courageous and wise heavenly creatures….how dragons are honorable race who will not hesitate to help….I understand that there is a long and bloody history between dragons and the human race….I understand your hatred toward the shim family….toward the dragon hunters for their past sins…..but this is changmin….an innocent young boy who adores the dragons….who grew up to be a man who dislike harm…dislike fighting….who only wishes to one day meet an actual real dragon….which he did…but in the most unbelievable way…forced by my grandfather to hunt for his best friend….and at the end….forced to lead the shim family….lead the hunt for dragons….but instead of fulfilling what my grandfather wanted….he did the opposite….using his position as the new head of the household….he torn the bloodline that is strong as a whole apart to weaken them….he chose to create hate and distrust between him and you in order to conceal his true purpose….and….knowing this now….I can’t sit still and do nothing….rather you are willing to help me or not….I’m still going to return and find a way to save my little brother….”

Yoochun was going to argue some more when Jaejoong finally steps in preventing Yoochun from saying anymore “I agree with Junsu….we will help changmin…..” He turn his attention to Yunho who happens to have the final word on this matter “right Yunho?”

Yunho nodded his head “we will help him….”

Upon his agreement, jaejoong was taken aback in shock. Usually Yunho forbid such risky attempts….he has been doing nothing but lectures him about staying where it is safe and forbid him from doing anything out of line. In fact, he remembers Yunho caring little about others other than his bride’s safety. He was willing to sacrifice other people in order to insure jaejoong is safe. And yet surprisingly, Yunho agreed to this matter without as much as a hesitation. This of course only made jaejoong more suspicious wondering if there is another reason as to why Yunho agreed so easily.

“However….for all of us to sneak into the shim household will be too much of a risk….Yoochun….You will go with Junsu and disguise yourself….if the situation become too dangerous….pull out…” said Yunho

Yoochun was still against this but he could only agree under the commanding eyes of the fearful blue dragon.

“What about us?” Jaejoong asked

“You will stay here where it is safe…”

Jaejoong sigh “I kind of figure as much….”

“We will wait for report from Junsu and Yoochun….once we are clear of the situation inside….we will assist later…even though we are helping him…we still need to protect your heart as well…”

“I know…I know….”

After the decision has been made, Yunho return to the rooftop of the apartment building. Even though there has not been any activities here recently, he can’t let down his guard. After a moment of peace and quiet, Yoochun appears with an annoyed look on his face. Yunho knew he is dissatisfied and wanted to change his mind.

“What exactly are you trying to do?” Yoochun asked

“Save a life….?”

“Right….I highly doubt that is the reason…..beside since when do you care for others?”

“I don’t….the only thing I care about is jaejoong and protecting his heart….”

“Then why agree to this?”

Yunho was quiet for a moment before speaking “Boa….”

Her name alone was enough to tell Yoochun what it is that Yunho truly wants to do as the anger in him subsided “You want me to investigate her don’t you…?”

“Boa has joined the dragon hunter….who ever she is working with will most likely be someone who will stand against changmin….we cannot let this person move freely as he or she wishes….if we will want to stop Boa and find out what it is that she and this person at her side truly wishes to do….we will most likely need the most powerful person within the shim family to do so….”

“Meaning changmin….”

“He is already working on destroying the family….the order of the dragon hunters….why not assist and get rid of the threat all together...”

Yoochun became even more concern with this plan as the risk is too high. Not to mention the possibility of getting caught by the other shim family and dragon hunters….the chance of getting into the crossfire with Boa and this mysterious person who seem to hold great influences is a bit uneasy.

“Take this opportunity to find out what Boa is up to….what it is that they hope to achieve by aiming for me….”

“That is true….we can also find the cure for the infestation as well….”

Yunho became quiet, it’s not like he don’t doubt there is a cure….what he doubt is that by the time they find out what is inside his body….it might just be too late to reverse it.

“Make sure to conceal your energy....don’t let Boa discover you….”

Yoochun nodded his head

Meanwhile at the hospital, a nurse carrying a new bouquet of flowers entered a patient room. She greeted the patient who is a young girl possibly 6 years of age. This girl slept soundlessly without waking up to return the greeting. Even though the nurse greeted her everyday and bring over fresh flowers, this young child would not make a sound or open her eyes. The nurse move toward the window and removed the old flowers before replacing it with new and fresh one. Once this task has been competed, she walks over to the patient and begin to examine her, taking the necessary tests before noting them onto the paper in her hand. She turn her attention to the IVs hanging just above the child patient to check its content when she felt something moved. She paused before looking at the sleeping patient once more but sees nothing out of the ordinary. Feeling like she might be imagining it, she finished up her task and exited the room.

“Oh…are you going home right after this?” a fellow nurse walking by spoke to her

“Yes…this is my last patient…”

The other nurse tilted her head and peek into the room with a sadden expression “It has been over a month and yet this child has yet to wake up….I heard both of her parents died in the crash too…it’s very sad…”

“Indeed it is….she is so young too…what really worries me is her reaction when she does wake up….”

“That is if she will ever wake up….the doctor stated her chance of ever waking up is only 5 percent correct?”

“Yes…however the relatives refuse to pull her plug…”

The two nurses continued their conversation as the door is pulled to a close as a soft breeze blew into the room from the open window. The petals of the flowers sway slightly against the wind as the patient slept peacefully. Suddenly, a single finger jolted and then the impossible happens as this little girl who was in a long coma begin to open her eyes and sees the world once more. However the color of her eyes were an unusual silver white color and her skin is as pale as the winter snow.