Chapter 43

Dragon bride

               As JungHan slowly opens his eyes, no one was able to speak a word. Even for a minute, everyone had forgotten how to breathe. His silver white color eyes made them tremble as they couldn’t move. Everyone watches in silence as he descends to the ground below surrounded in bright lights. Boa felt an overwhelming sense of fear and danger emerged from within. She wanted nothing more than to get out of here and away from him. But on one hand, she knew she has to somehow subdue him in order for her plan to succeed. As for Yunho, he stood there and stared at him with anxiousness unsure of how this dragon of light will react upon seeing him again. He admired this dragon, second to his own father, a person he doesn’t wish to disappoint.

JungHan glance around the room unaware of the situation at hand. At first his vision wasn’t all that clear and he felt a bit fatigue from sleeping for so many years. Even his mind was unstable but the only thing he could think about was seeing the woman he loved. But when his eyes finally became clear and the fatigue slowly fade away, instead of meeting the eyes of his ex-lover, it end up upon Boa. It took him a moment to fully grasp what he is seeing, for a minute he thought he had somehow end up in the past. But upon seeing the familiar ice cavern, he knew this is the present as he narrowed his brows but spoke no words. She couldn’t even hold her eyes upon him and lowered her gaze fearing what she might see. He then turn his gaze toward Yunho who is bonded by enchanted vines and his brows narrowed even more. This wasn’t the kind of situation he wanted to awaken to nor was it what he expected. He was hoping to see his lover, hugs her, tell her how much he loves her and never letting her go. However, what laid before his eyes are two students whom he loved in the past…spent his time to teach and hope they will turn out for the best. Unfortunately, one student strayed from the right path, teaming with the hunters and caused a catastrophe that nearly wipe out the entire dragon race. As for the young prince, he fled the minute everyone think it was his doing…rather than standing his ground and be strong to prove himself…he chose the option of running and hiding. JungHan never expected that all these centuries, he will once again meet them once more like this. He didn’t said a word to either of them, as his gaze wondered to the other hunters who took a step back in fear and then directly to where Soomin and Jaejoong stood. He could tell right away that Jaejoong was the bride who had free him. Upon this thought, his expression seem to change for the worst.

“He…is glaring at me…” thought jaejoong uncomfortably

Thankfully the intense stare upon him did not last long. What caught JungHan’s attention was Soomin who possessed an aura similar to his own. He looks at her passionately making her feels a little uneasy and at the same time fearful. She unconsciously shifted herself a bit closer to jaejoong for comfort

Upon seeing her move, JungHan walks forward and every steps he takes, everyone felted like the air around them shifted even more making it hard to breathe. He ignored everyone in the room and walks toward Soomin and Jaejoong. Upon seeing him not paying attention to her, Boa let out a sigh of relief. But she knew this wasn’t going to last long as a hunter under her command rushed from where he was standing and directly attacked JungHan. He raised his sword in hand as the dragon scale in his possession glows a bright light. He thought he could sneak in an attack from behind while the dragon of light is focused on something else. Boa could only call him an idiot as JungHan waved his hand and a powerful light appears out of nowhere, striking him, sending him back against the wall. He falls to the ground and coughed up blood feeling his entire body ached. He tried to stand up, but failed. The dragon scale in his possession broke in half as the power he once wielded disappeared. This made the other hunters hesitate to make a move as they stood there turning their gaze to Boa as if to await for her instruction. However, she did not look at them nor did she say anything. She only kept her eyes on JungHan’s back as he approaches the little girl and the bride.

JungHan stopped right in front of Soomin and jaejoong, raised his hand and the vines that bonded them were immediately cut off. He looks at jaejoong and with a hint of dislike startling him before shifting his gaze to Soomin.

“You little child…who are you?” he asked in a deep and yet soft tone of voice

Soomin didn’t say anything as she continues to stand behind jaejoong.

“Are you afraid of me child?” JungHan asked

Even though she is nervous and a little scare, she didn’t want their first meeting to end up in misunderstanding. With a deep breath, she step out from behind jaejoong “My name is Soomin…”

JungHan looks at her, examining her from head to toe “You…are a half breed….”

Upon this words, it struck Soomin deeply as her chest tightens and she became more nervous. She thought for sure he will reject her but to her surprise, a big and soft hand touched her head. She lifted her gaze to meet his and there was a gentle smile on his face

“Don’t be afraid child…I won’t hurt you….rather you are a full fledge dragon or a Halfling…it does not define who you are…what truly matters is what lies inside….and that your heart is good…”

Soomin’s face lights up brightly and couldn’t help but have the urge to hug her father. She wanted to vent to him of all the trouble she went through, tell him that she is his daughter…tell him about her mother….and everything that had happen. But, before she could say another word, he had already shifted his focus from her to jaejoong. The minute he looks at him, the soft expression on his face quickly changed back to one of dislike.

“You are the bride who free me?” he asked

“Yes…”

“You are a man…”

“Thank you for noticing…” jaejoong smiled

JungHan looks at him as if he is looking at his less favorite thing in the word. He eventually reached out to jaejoong who immediately took a step back to avoid his touch. This made the dragon of light frown deeply as jaejoong felted like he had done something wrong.

“I…don’t like stranger touching me…” jaejoong explain himself

JungHan retreated his hand back to his side “doesn’t matter…I don’t need to touch you to tell whose bride you are….your heart beat is enough proof of my suspicion…..”

He shot jaejoong another look and then turn his attention to the other people in the room whom he deemed as unimportant.

“Care to explain to me what is going on Boa?…” he asked in a fierce tone of voice

She didn’t say any words and only lowered her head

“It seems that all these centuries…you have yet to learn your lesson and change your way…” said Junshan “The fact that you are still here means you have taken a poor bride’s golden heart….just how far do you plan to carry out your anger?”

She didn’t respond to his question but instead asked her own “How….is it possible for you to be alive? I saw you…killed yourself before my eyes…”

“How certain were you that I was dead?” he asked in return

She became quiet and couldn’t respond. At that time, she saw him lying there unconscious and bleeding heavily on the ground. She thought for sure he had died but didn’t check his vital signs, this was probably her mistake. JungHan didn’t find the need of telling her what happen after he had stabbed himself as he shifted his attention to Yunho.

“As for you Yunho…there are a lot that we need to discuss…” he spoke

Even though his voice was calm and soft, there was a hint of anger and disappointment in that voice. The fact that he didn’t see the person he loved, disappointed him very much but having his slumber interrupted by a male bride to witness another dispute between this two students made him even more upset.

“Release him Boa…” he commanded

Boa of course refuse but instead she made sure Yunho is even more guarded by the other hunters.

“He is my captive…”

“He is your king…your friend…” sneer JungHan

“He once were….not anymore…”

“What do you plan to do with him?”

“That is for me to know…and for you to never find out….” She spoke as the dragon scale in her possession started to emit a bright blue light surrounding her with great power

JungHan wasn’t afraid of her but he did look at her a bit sadden. The dragon scale was his idea, he had asked Yunho to give one of his scale to Boa as a mean to protect her when he found out that this young prince also harbor the same feeling she does toward him. But he never expected that the prince will reject her confession and instead threw her into a path of hatred.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked her showing her some mercy

“It was my mistake for not checking to make sure you were dead…but this time…I’ll make sure you stay dead…” she glared at him

Seeing her so eager to do harm saddens JungHan as all those happy memories they shared together flashed before his eyes. It made him think that time does goes by fast and fate is unpredictable.

“You continued to disappointment me ….” He sigh heavily

Boa felt a sting in her chest as she clenched her teeth and dashed forward. Upon her movements, the other hunters also took action as they all targeted the dragon of light.

“JungHan!” Yunho shouted as he tried to break free but once again failed.

The enchantment that has been placed upon the vines absorbed his energy with every movement that he made. This made it impossible for him to break free and assist JungHan, not that he needed any helping.

“What…should we do?” Soomin asked fearing for the safety of her father

“Don’t worry…he will be alright…he is strong….” Said Jaejoong

Soomin only nodded her head in agreement but it still worries her. Seeing that most of the hunters is focused on fighting JungHan, Jaejoong thought about taking this chance to help Yunho. He glances at the remaining 3 hunters at their side and quickly knock them unconscious. This took Soomin by surprise, she never expected him to be able to hold his ground against weapon wielding hunters. He quickly turn to her and grab her shoulder gently before shoving her behind a large icicle that is long enough to hide her small body.

“You stay here…I’m going to go help Yunho…whatever happen, do not move from here”

Once again Soomin nodded her head as jaejoong left her side. He tried his best to avoid the fight in front of him and tried not to gain the attention of the hunters. There are two hunters standing at Yunho’s side, keeping guard of him. But their attention were also on the fight, not aware that the bride has already snuck his way toward their side. Jaejoong hide behind a few large icicles pondering on what to do. He happens to look down and spotted a few smaller icicles before breaking them at the tip making it sharp. Upon looking at it, his lip curved into a wide smile as his eyes reflected some excitements.

Without any warning, Jaejoong jumped out from his hiding place and launched toward one of the hunters. He took him by surprise and grabbed his arm with one hand, while the other hand stabbed the hunter on his shoulder with the sharp icicles. Blood gushed out and stained the hunter’s uniform as he let out a painful scream and dropped his weapons. The second hunter dashed toward jaejoong and wrap his arm around him. Jaejoong struggled a bit before stepping on the hunter’s feet causing him to shout in pain as his grip loosen. Jaejoong then grab onto his arm and flip him over onto the ground with a loud thud before taking out a second icicle. He quickly bends down and stabbed him on the chest as the hunter shouted loudly. Jaejoong could only smile, he honestly didn’t think they will actually work and to see it goes as planned only made him happier. The first hunter was able to remove the icicle from his body as more blood stream out. He glares at Jaejoong and bends down to pick up his twin blade from the ground. With a fit of rage, he ran toward him and attempted to slice him into a few pieces. Without any weapon, jaejoong dodged the attacks and took a few steps back. The hunter continues to advance further swinging his blade toward him. The second attack was also dodged but the blade still managed to make contact as jaejoong felt a slight sting on his arm as a bit of crimson liquid begin to emerge.

“Jaejoong ah!” Yunho shouted as he once again tried to break free however the enchantment only absorbed his energy making him even weaker.

“Don’t worry…I’ll save you…” smile jaejoong

“I don’t need you to save me…just take Soomin and run…”

“Do you honestly think I’ll do that?”

“You…”

Before Yunho could say another word, the hunter attacked jaejoong once more interrupting their conversation.

“This is no time to be acting like a hero” snapped Yunho

“I’m not trying to be a hero…” jaejoong responded as he dodged another attack

“If you aren’t then listen to me and run! Your safety is more important…”

After dodging for a while, jaejoong managed to get an upper hand as he escaped the deadly blade and punched the hunter in the face

“Don’t make it sound like my life is the only thing that matters…” he said

“Why can’t you just listen to me…I thought you said you will stop giving me trouble!” snap Yunho

“That was before…this is now…beside…I’m trying to save you so if possible…can you stop talking to me….you are breaking my concentration” said jaejoong as he landed a kick against the hunter

Yunho tried to break free and once again the energy he spent on breaking the vine is absorbed leaving him with nothing to work with. Suddenly, he felt something inside him throbbed. Familiar pain begin to emerge as he felt his body starts to tremble. Jaejoong managed to come to his side and tried to rip the vines when he noticed the paleness of Yunho’s face and the strange expression.

“What’s wrong?”

Yunho shook his head trying to hold back the urge to groan and tried to stay in control of his own body “It’s nothing…I’m fine…”

Jaejoong highly doubt he is fine, for one thing, he is sweating, his face is pale and his eyes has become blood shot. Just then, the second hunter came forward and grab onto jaejoong pulling him away from Yunho. He stumbles a bit but quickly turn around and punched the hunter on the cheek. The hunter stumbled back as jaejoong noticed that the icicle is still in his flesh. Without any hesitation, he ran forward and with a hard push, the icicle went deeper as the hunter shouted in pain and coughed blood. He collapsed onto the ground gasping and panting.

“JAEJOONG AH! LOOK OUT!” Yunho shouted

Jaejoong turn around as a blade made its way toward him. According to the speed, it might be too late to even dodge. For sure he won’t be able to escape this one without any injuries. Jaejoong attempted to dodge but as expected, he couldn’t fully dodge it as the blade made contact with his shoulder, cutting open a large wound. But rather then scare or show signs of pain, jaejoong look at the hunter and managed a wide smile. He quickly reached out and grab hold onto the hunter’s wrist and grip it tightly. He pulls the hunter’s hand away from him as the blade retreated from his flesh. He twisted the hunter’s hand with great strength and caused him to drop the blade. The flower symbol upon his chest started to glow a bright golden light. Jaejoong elbowed him on the face before grabbing onto the fallen blade and slam it directly into the hunter’s stomach, pushing it as deep as he could go. The hunter shouted in pain and falls onto the ground clenching his open stomach as blood gushed out. Jaejoong stood there with a bloody blade in his hand and a smile on his face. The expression he had on will make people think that he is a crazy man who enjoys bloodshed and killing. Seeing that the two hunters will no longer bothers him, he walks toward an exhausted and pale Yunho whose energy has been absorbed countless times thanks to the enchantment. With the blade in his hand, he cut the vines and free Yunho as he falls to his knee. Jaejoong threw the knife away and bends down toward Yunho

“Are you okay?” he asked with a concern look on his face

Yunho only looks at him in disbelief, seeing the wounds and the blood on his bride made him angry. He wanted nothing more than to yell at him but these harsh words that he wanted to shout out couldn’t escape his lip. He was in too much pain and his body was throbbing and trembling making him unable to even speak a word. His vision was fading in and out of darkness as if another being inside him is trying to take over.

“Yunho…what’s wrong?” jaejoong asked

Yunho didn’t say a word but leans forward, resting his forehead against jaejoong’s chest. He gripped his bride’s arms tightly causing jaejoong some pain. For what felted like a long time, Yunho finally stop trembling as the pain inside him begin to fade. He once again started to gain control of his body once more. He took a deep breath and exhale it before releasing jaejoong. He sat down on the ground allowing his body to relax as it return to normal

“You are too careless….” He finally spoke “What would I do if you end up dead?”

Yunho started to lecture jaejoong for not thinking about his own safety. Jaejoong on the other hand felt like Yunho is trying to shift the topic, not giving jaejoong a chance to question his condition, to question what just happen to him. But from the look of it, Yunho didn’t want to talk about what is happening to his body so jaejoong didn’t try to question him, fearing what he might learn.

“If you were in my shoe…You will do the same…” Jaejoong smiled

Yunho return a simple smile filled with affection. A loud explosion is heard interrupting their moment as their attention is drawn toward the battle in front of them. The other hunters has been defeated as their dragon scales has been broken. Boa is the only one left still standing but she show signs of exhaustion.

“Give up Boa…” said JungHan

She clenched her teeth angrily “Never…I will kill you with my own hand…!!”

“Why are you so eager to fight me….is there something that you don’t want me to see?” he asked

Boa was taken by surprise but quickly recover “You are a dragon…I am a hunter…so of course I am eager to destroy you…”

JungHan could tell there is more to it then what she wants him to believe. The eagerness in her is far too questionable. He turn his gaze toward Yunho and suspected that his has something to do with him. He then turn his gaze back to her

“You won’t be able to defeat me…”

“It doesn’t mean I won’t stop trying…don’t forget…I am an immortal now…I can’t die so easily…”

“That is true….but no matter how many time you tried to fight me…the result will always be the same…”

Boa sneered at him as she dashed forward. The dragon scale in her possession glows brightly as she summons water and shoot it toward JungHan. The water engulfed his entire body as it tried to drown him but JungHan was calm. Boa created spears made of water and shot it toward him to pierce him in multiple places but before it even touch him, everything came to a stop. With a wave of his hand, JungHan burst the water around him and return the water spears to its original harmless form.

“Even if you are able to use the full power of the dragon scale…you have yet to have full control….you should know that even though these scales gives you great power….it has limits…” he looks at her with a serious expression “…and you have reached that limit….”

Boa glares at him “I can still use it…”

“You will put yourself in danger….it is after all embedded into your flesh where your heart lies…”

“What does it matter to you…?”

JungHan sighs “You have grown to be a troublesome and stubborn woman…”

“Just worried about yourself JungHan!”

Boa was about to dash forward when JungHan disappear from where he was standing and reappear right before her, startling her. With a quick movement, he pressed against her as a large force of energy came out and knocked her over. She flew and slammed her back against one of the large icicles and falls to the ground. She stood back up leaning against the icicle, gasping and panting. JungHan appeared before her and quickly grabbed her slender neck, pushing her against the large icicle behind her. She groan in pain as his grip became tight. She tried to break free but it was impossible. She attempted to use the power of the dragon scale but as the water appear and started to take shape, it slowly return to its harmless form and falls to the ground. Just as JungHan had stated, she had reached her limit. A dragon scale can provide great power but it is nothing compare to its original body. The fact that she had to use more than usual to fight against JungHan had caused her to exhaust its energy.

“Given that you were one of my student…I’ll ask you to stop your evil way and reflect on your action”

Boa managed a smile “Never….just kill me if you dare…”

Just then something fell out of her pocket. JungHan looks at the object on the ground and recognize it right away. It was the dragon scale he had given to his lover. His expression darkens as he looks at Boa with an intent to commit murder.

“Where did you get the dragon scale?” he asked

“Heh…why should I tell you?” she grinned

JungHan tighten his grip upon her neck as she groan painfully “I’ll ask you again…where did you get the scale?! What did you do to her?!”

Boa was struggling to breath, even speaking to answer his question was impossible. He glared at her as the grip around her neck became tighter causing her to groan in pain feeling herself unable to accept any air into her body. It was as if, her neck will break with a little more force. Suddenly, an attack came out of nowhere startling JungHan as he quickly let go of Boa and jumped back. Another attack came forward pushing Junghan back further. A dark figure appear dressed in the hunter’s uniform as he reach out and grab Boa before making their escape. JungHan did not pursue feeling like there is no need to. Even though Boa escape at this moment, he knew this will not be the last time he sees her. He picks up the dragon scale in his hand and remembered the day he gave it to Soomin’s mother. That day was filled with so much happiness that he thought it will last forever. The look on her face was bright and beautiful when she laid eyes on this scale. But now it has become worn out, it no longer has the shine or soft surface like before. His eyes softens as the expression on his face changed. He felt a sense of fear inside him as if a terrible thought emerged. He felt his chest tightens and his heart racing, he wanted nothing more than to quickly go out of this cavern and search for the woman he loved. But just as he turn around, he spotted soomin walking toward him nervously. She stood a few feet away from him staring directly into his eyes.

“That…belongs to me…” she spoke

JungHan look at the scale and then back to her in confusion “it is yours?”

She nodded her head

“But this…”

“My mother gave it to me…”

Upon the word ‘mother’, JungHan looks at her a bit startled. Soomin closed her eyes and when she opens it again, it is now a silver white color matching that of JungHan’s eyes. Even though he felt her energy similar to his, it had never crossed his mind that this child might be his. For one thing, when his ex-bride left, she wasn’t even pregnant. As if she could tell what he is thinking, Soomin spoke to clarify the confusion

“She only found out shortly after you two split…she went back to tell you but….you were already encased in ice…she was no longer a bride and could not break you free….so don’t blame her…”

JungHan can’t help but feel remorse as his chest tightens

“Your mother…she…”

Soomin shook her head and lower her gaze “She…passed…”

There were no more words that needed to be said. Everything was understood at this moment. As much regret as JungHan has, there was nothing he could do now that the woman he love is no longer part of this world. Maybe things would have turn out better if in the past he had done more to make her stay. But he was weak to her tears and her plead to be free so he let her go. At the end, he will never see her again and what is left is this child…born between a dragon and a bride…a half breed.

The entire cavern is once again filled with silence, JungHan let out a deep sigh and turn his attention to Yunho and his bride. His expression darken upon seeing jaejoong covered in blood and two hunters lying unconscious on the ground. Even though he was busy fighting the hunters and Boa, he had kept his attention on jaejoong. This is the first time he had witnessed a bride fight with such dark excitement and bath is bloodshed. He could still recall the big smile on jaejoong’s face as he stabs the hunter. The way he stood above their bloody bodies, wielding the knife made him seem like a demon that had emerged from the dark. In his view, jaejoong isn’t your typical dragon bride….he is what the older dragons will call….a bride from the dark. Jaejoong could feel his intense stare burning on his back but he ignored it. Instead he helped Yunho to stand up on his feet and supported his body

In the meantime, Boa is lead out of the tunnels and back onto the surface. However, at this time the sky had already darken as a sign that they have been down there for a long time. She could still feel the throbbing pain on her neck as she gasp and pant. The man who helped her removed his hood and it was none other than YongHwa.

“Why did you save me?” she asked as her voice came out a bit hoarse and low

“I was asked to look after you…if trouble arises…I am to take you and escape…”

She glares at him before trying to stand up and took a step forward but YongHwa stopped her

“Where do you think you are going?”

“I’m going back…I have to finish this…I have to kill him…”

“In your state I highly doubt you can…it’s best to go back and rest…we will put together a new plan…”

“New plan?” she glares at him before grabbing his shirt “We are dealing with a dragon of light! The only thing that can hinder our plans…the only thing that can destroyed the effort that I put into getting Yunho to come to our side is him…!”

She pushes him aside and forced her body to move forward back toward the large crack on the ground. YongHwa wasn’t going to deal with this as he knocks her unconscious and took her into his arm. He looks at her sleeping and exhausted face. He can’t help but pity her, she obviously still love this dragon very much. However, her way of gaining his favor is completely wrong. If she still wants him…she could have changed her way and do some good…instead….she chose to walk this path…to force him to her side through the power of darkness. He sigh before picking her up into a bridal style and escape into the darkness.

Changmin return to his office after a long day of work. In front of him are paper works that has to be looked over and approved. There was a knock upon the door as he gestures for that person to enter. A plate of warm tea and snacks were brought into the room and set on the side of the desk.

“You have been working all day…why not take a break and rest…” spoke MinJun

Changmin put down the documents and lean back against his chair before accepting the cup of warm tea “Any news from the other two?”

“Yes…I received a message from Junsu….they were able to blend into the group of hunters that MinSeok has under his command…it seems that earlier today…Byungchal came to MinSeok’s house and they were discussing something privately for a few hours….afterward…there were a lot of movement among the hunters as if they are getting something ready….”

“I see…hopefully….everything will go as planned…”

MinJun nodded his head in agreement. Just then there was another knock upon the door as Changmin allow the visitor to enter. The man who came in is YongHwa who glanced at MinJun suspiciously.

“Why is he here?” he asked a bit displeased with the situation

“This is MinJun….I have promoted him to be my personal guard…”

YunHwa looks at him strangely “He will not be able to protect you….that is my job…”

“Yes but don’t forget YongHwa…I had given you an important task…without you here…I’ll need someone else to protect me…and this is the one who proves more worthy…”

“But…”

Changmin put down his cup of tea to interrupt him “Speaking of which…you have been quiet for the last couple of days…is there any news about the movement of MinSeok and ByungChol…”

“I have been watching them and there hasn’t been any strange activity…they are just tending to their daily task as usual…”

Changmin smile “I see…”

YongHwa stood there in the room waiting for more instruction from Changmin but received nothing. Instead changmin turn his focus to MinJun and started giving him instruction of his next task. Upon seeing that YongHwa is still here, Changmin turn to him once more

“Is there something else?”

“Ah…no...” he said awkwardly

“Then you are dismissed…since those two has been behaving according to your report….it’s best you return to your post here….going forward…You are to be at my side at all times along with Minjun…you cannot leave without my knowledge…the situation here has become more unstable and more tense…I will feel more comfortable to have you at my side….”

YongHwa felt like something isn’t right about this but he could only accept it “Yes…Young master…”

Changmin gestured for him to leave as he bows to them and exited the door. The smile on changmin’s face changed.

“Was he at either Byungchal or Minseok’s place?”

MinJun shook his head “According to the source…he was nowhere near their premises…but instead he went toward the mountain…”

Changmin looks at MinJun “mountain? For what reason would he go there?”

“There seem to be some accident there…”

“What kind?”

“I’m not sure…the people we have following him lost him halfway into the thick forest…but after dark…he did return to MinSeok’s house carrying an injured woman in his arm…”

Changmin sat there and thought about it, wondering what could have happen. The woman is most likely this Boa person he had heard about. When he meet Junsu and Yoochun the other day, they told him more about Boa and the relationship she had with Yunho. But why would YongHwa be carrying her into MinSeok’s Mansion?

“Send a message to Junsu and Yoochun….ask them to find out what happen?”

“Yes…”

Jaejoong and the others eventually left the ice cavern and return to the little cottage. He leans over the small lake to wash the blood from his arm. He groan a bit from the sudden sting of water touching his open wounds. Strangely enough, after a few stings…he no longer felt any more pain. He look at the cut on his arm and noticed the wound slowly starting to heal itself.

“Is this water magical?” Jaejoong wondered

Yunho sat not too far away resting as he watches jaejoong closely. Soomin had also begin to make her way toward the bride by the little lake as they started to talk. JungHan appear by Yunho’s side with a serious look on his face. Upon seeing him, Yunho quickly put his hand down as the little blue light faded away.

“Even though you are weak and barely has any energy left, you still help heal him without him knowing…”

“He got hurt trying to help me…as the dragon…It’s my responsibility to protect and heal my bride…”

“You are a prince…and going to be a king….you are responsible for protecting your race…not to mention…give birth to new generation of water dragons….how do you plan to that with a male bride? Not just any male bride…but one who had shed blood…one who fight and disobey your command…”

“JungHan…he is a bride….a partner to stand at your side…not a servant…”

“He doesn’t fit nor does he follow the rules of being bond to a dragon…”

“That is what made him different…”

“Why chose him? Why give up half your heart for a human? Even this is taboo among the dragons…no one had ever done something as foolish as this…”

“To be honest…I’m not really sure…”

JungHan looks at him strangely wondering if this once bright and smart prince has become dumb after all these centuries.

“I guess you can say…it was out of impulse…”

“Impulse? What kind of reason is that?”

Yunho only smile “In the past…I had many suiters…even my parent had chosen for me a few candidates to be my bride….but none of them moves me…none of them impressed me….even with Boa…even though I did love her….even though our feeling were mutual….I didn’t make her my bride thinking I wanted to protect her…wanted to save her from the fate of being hunted by hunters….but now that I think about it…even though I have feelings for her…deep in my heart I knew she isn’t the one….that day she confessed to me…I was joyful but my heart was telling me she is not what I needed….and yet…while sleeping deep under the ocean….with just a single heart beat….without even knowing who he is….I did the unthinkable…With just a beat of his dying heart….it woken me from my eternal slumber…it moves me to break the taboo of giving him half of my heart….a single heart beat completely changed my life… I didn’t even think when I gave him my heart….all I knew was that I like the sound of this heart…I can’t let it die….” He turn to Junghan with a bright and soft smile “he may be rough…he may be stubborn…he may not listen and only gives me trouble….he may have bath in blood…fight and harm some people but his heart is good…his soul is good….he was misguided as a youngster…but from this point onward…I know he will do more good”

Upon seeing Yunho smile, JungHan could no longer say another word. This was the first time he had seen this dragon smile in such an affectionate way, not to mention…this choosing was his choice. Maybe this was the work of fate, bring these two men together, tying them…bonding them to one heart and one life.

“I still disapprove of him….I really don’t want to bow down to him in the future as the future queen of the dragon race….my pride and honor will not allow it”

Yunho couldn’t help but chuckled “I highly doubt he will want that either…beside…the dragon race is already extinct…this world is now govern by the human race…..You, me and Yoochun are probably the only dragon left on this planet…So there is no need for a dragon king or a queen…”

JungHan did not say anything to that regards. He turn his attention to Soomin and jaejoong who is playing by the little lake

“Yunho….there is much you do not know…but when the times comes….You will have to rise above all…” thought JungHan

“JungHan…” Yunho called out his name “You can sense it can’t you?”

The expression on JungHan’s face changed “Yes….I am still curious as to how it happen…how can you be so careless...”

“The details doesn’t matter…what matters now is, are you able to help? That was the whole purpose of coming here and finding you...”

JungHan sigh deeply “You are the future king of all dragons…I would do anything to help you…to save you…but…sadly….I won’t be able to do anything regarding this matter…the darkness has already spread too much...reaching the very core of your body…the darkness has clung itself onto your very soul and mind….If I were to force it out at this stage…I’m afraid even your life can not be spare…”

Yunho smile faintly “So it’s already too late…I was really hoping you will be able to remove it…”

“I’m sorry…if you had look for me at the beginning when there was still time to cleanse it…I could have helped you…”

“No need to apologize…I didn’t even know you existed until today”

“What do you plan to do? You know it as much as I do what will happen to you…I think it’s best for you to stay here where I can monitor you and prevent you from going crazy…even though I can’t cleanse the darkness…I could help you keep it under control”

Yunho watches as jaejoong splash some water to Soomin as they both laugh “No need…I won’t stay here…I’ll just let it run its course…and leave it to my bride…”

JungHan raised an eyebrow “What do you mean?”

“Whatever happens to me….I know he will find a way…to bring me back from the dark”

“Yunho…he is a human…what can he do that I can’t? If I’m not able to cleanse the darkness inside you…what makes you think a powerless human can?”

“Don’t underestimate him JungHan….his will…his courage…his determination will surprise you…I have seen what he is capable of and I trust him…” Smile Yunho

“You trust him…but do you trust yourself not to harm him?”

Yunho became quiet

“This darkness that is growing inside you is no small matter…once you have been consumed…the only thought that will go through your head is destruction…and do harm…you won’t be able to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong…nor will you remember who is your allies and who is your foe…even your bride…you will not hesitate to kill…”

“I know…”

“And yet you still choose to go back out there with him? It is safer for you to stay here…it will be for the best…”

Once again Yunho refuse the idea “I can’t be separated from him…”

“Then have him stay here…”

Yunho shook his head “You weren’t able to keep your bride here…how can I keep mine? Compare to yours…mine is wilder…keeping him here isn’t something I want nor am I able to”

“Do you only think about him? What about yourself?”

“I am thinking about myself…”

“Yunho…”

“Don’t…don’t say it anymore…no matter what…I will not be contain here…”

JungHan could only sigh in defeat.

As the night become darker, Soomin had fallen sleep resting her head upon JungHan’s leg. He only looks down at her and confirmed that this child resemble his lover a lot. Even though the woman he love is no longer here…at least there is still a part of her here at his side. He took out the worn out scale in the palm of his hand. The scale begin to glow, levitating a few inches off of his hand. The worn out scale was restored to its original beautiful state. The surface is once again soft and shiny giving it a healthy glow. He even restored the power in the scale back to its original form. When everything looked good, he gently place the necklace around Soomin’s neck and place the scale pendant softly upon her chest. His lip curved into a smile thanking the woman he love for leaving him such a beautiful gift.

Jaejoong walks up to Yunho who is sitting at the tunnel entrance above looking down at JungHan and Soomin. A soft smile is upon his lip watching a father caring for his child. He never expected that one day he will see JungHan with a child. This man was completely against taking a human bride and even stated he will die single. Yunho figure that love can really change a person. He was so focus on them that he didn’t even realize jaejoong had sat down next to him. Jaejoong look at what he is so concentrate on as a smile grew upon his lip. He leans closer to Yunho’s ear and whispered

“Should we also try for a child?”

Yunho only give him a look before pushing him away “don’t talk nonsense…”

“You were so focused on them…what is going through your head?”

“I really thought that everyone I knew had died that day…even my father was killed…but…..right now…JungHan is here and alive…even though he is like my teacher….to me…he is also like a father….someone I look up to and admired….knowing that he is alive and well…fills me with joy…as if this world has gotten a little brighter…it makes me wonder if there are others who also survived…”

Jaejoong became quiet as he turn to look at JungHan “if there are…I know you will find them … I am happy for you though, to be able to be reunited with someone you cared about….but did you ask him what you needed to ask? Hopefully he was able to help you…”

Upon mentioning this, Yunho felt a slight sting in his heart as his chest tightens. He smile faintly and spoke “yes…he was able to answer my question…”

“So what now?”

“Tomorrow we will leave…return to the apartment…otherwise that woman will never let me hear the end of it…”

“You…don’t want to stay here…with JungHan…?”

“Why would I? I’ll go wherever you go…wherever you are…that is where I’ll be…”

Upon these words jaejoong felt his heart thumped as his face started to heat up. He quickly turn his head to the side to hide his face wondering what is going on with him lately.

“Jaejoong ah…” Yunho spoke his name softly “Whatever happens…become my light….even if the days will become dark…do not waver…do not panic….do not be afraid…just be who you are…be calm…and find a solution…I trust in you”

Jaejoong looks at him strangely wondering what this dragon is talking about “Why are you talking like that? What are you trying to say?” he recalled the condition Yunho were in earlier and suddenly felt a sense of fear “You…are you….”

Yunho looks at him and smile “It’s nothing really…I’m fine…so you don’t need to worried….just keep those words in your mind….and everything will be alright…”

Silence filled the air as a gentle breeze blew pass. Jaejoong looks at Yunho and wanted to confirm something but he decided not to. Instead he smiled and nodded his head

“Alright…I’ll remember…”

In the meantime, MinSeok stood in front of a large window gazing out into the darken city. He could no longer keep the calm expression that he had always worn on his face. The news that Boa failed to destroy the dragon of light did not settle well with him. But, deep down he knew that this will end in failure. The more he thinks about it, the more unsettling it becomes. Even though everything has gone as planned, this however did not go how he wanted it to. If the dragon of light was not able to cleanse the darkness then everything will be fine….but if he was able to help Yunho to get rid of the darkness…he will have no choice but to move into plan B. After much debates, he figure he can’t wait around to see the situation, rather they succeed in cleansing the darkness or not, he will put plan B into action. With that thought in mind, he called for one of the hunters who appeared behind him.

“Go to Byungchul…tell him…he has been given permission to move forward…”

“Yes sir!”