Chapter 45

Dragon bride

Sorry for the long wait! life has become very chaotic these last couple of days

___________________________________

 

                When the day turn into night, the city is as quiet as it could be. Jaejoong slept soundlessly on his soft bed as the cool night wind blew into his room to cool him from the humidity. The long curtains sway back and forth against the breeze giving the room a sense of bless. He hugged his blanket tightly like a body pillow as he curled into a comfortable position. He wore a dark color short exposing his long slender legs and a blue sleeveless shirt revealing his smooth pale skin. His soft breathing echoes into the darken room as if nothing could disturb this peaceful slumber. He was so deep in dreamland that he didn’t even notice a midnight visitor. A dark shadow slowly approaches him until it stood right at his bedside. This person looks down at him with eyes of desire and dark intent. The glow in his eyes were abnormal, it wasn’t a soft beautiful glow but is like a predator watching his prey. Jaejoong stir in his sleep as he slightly turn his body showing his full face under the light of the moon. The person shrouded in shadows couldn’t resist the urge as he reaches out toward him but just as the fingers touches the strain of soft black hairs, he stopped and retracted his hand.

When morning came, jaejoong was still fast asleep unaware of the time. Even after it hit the afternoon, this bride was still sleeping. Even though he is lazy and like to sleep in, usually by this time he would have awoken with hunger. When he and Yunho came home yesterday it was around 6pm and he had went straight to bed. For him to sleep this long was unusual as Yunho made his way into the room to check on his bride.

“Jaejoong?” he call out the name gently

There was no reply, only the soft sound of breathing resonating into his ear. He approaches jaejoong’s bed and looks down at him a bit concern. He reaches out and touches the soft cheek of his bride’s face and upon the cold touch, jaejoong stir in his sleep. Compare to the humidity, this cold hand was comforting as jaejoong grab onto the hand and held it tighter against his face. This action caught Yunho of guard as he nearly falls over when his hand was pulled. Luckily he manages to steady himself and let out a sigh of relief. Jaejoong’s eyes was still close, possibly half-awake while his lip curved into a simple smile feeling more relaxed.

“It feels so good…” he mumbled

Yunho couldn’t help but chuckles before clearing his throat.

“Jaejoong…” he calls out his bride’s name

Upon his name being called, jaejoong’s face frowned as if annoyed upon someone disturbing his sleep.

“It’s time to wake up…you have been sleeping for too long…”

“Just a few more minutes…” he groaned

“It’s already the afternoon….”

Jaejoong didn’t respond and only snuggles closer toward Yunho whose body is cooler than normal people. He stirs a bit more before finally opening his eyes and the first thing he saw was a blurred face close to his. Usually at this moment, Yunho would have been pushed and punched but there was no action from jaejoong. He was calm and only laid there staring at the blue dragon before him as if this is a normal routine.

After his vision became clear, in a tired voice he asked “What is it?”

“You have been sleeping since yesterday evening…”

Jaejoong yawned “I’m so tired…it’s like my body doesn’t have any energy at all…”

Yunho grew worried as he remembered something that JungHan had said to him the other day

**flash back**

“This is only the beginning…” he spoke softly that only Yunho can hear “He too will start to experience some down fall…”

**End of flash back**

Upon remembering this, Yunho’s expression turns into a deep frown. Jaejoong noticed Yunho looking at him filled with concern and a sense of guilt. Without any warning, he flicks Yunho on the forehead startling him

“Stop frowning…it will ruin your handsome face…” he said as he sit up and let out a long yawn. He stretch out his arms and tilt his head side to side before smiling

“Let’s go have some breakfast…no wait…should it be consider lunch now?”

Yunho only nodded his head as his bride got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. He gently touch his forehead where it is tingling from being flicked by jaejoong. Rather than irritated or angry, his lip curves into a helpless smile. Yunho figures he must have really like jaejoong to allow him to treat him this way. The only other people who had ever hit him like this was his parent and Junghan, if it was any other person, he will most likely drown them without a hesitation.

**flash back**

“…I’m just glad you were able to finally find love…”

**End of flash back**

Yunho knew that he was attracted to jaejoong but he never really try to figure out more in depth as to why he is so attracted to him. Was it fascination? Was it the stubbornness, the courage, the ability to get into trouble that draws his attention? Or could it be that Jaejoong the first person to had ever yell and argue against him showing no fear? Whatever the reason was, Yunho didn’t put a name to this strange unfamiliar feeling that is filling him up completely. It wasn’t until JungHan mentioned the word ‘Love” did his brain finally processed that this feeling toward his bride might actually be what they call ‘Love’. But now that he is aware of it, the desire in him also grew more. And after that entanglement in bed, he found himself wanting to touch him more…feel the soft skin…feel the warmth and the hot breathe and hear the arousing sound of pleasure.

Upon this thought Yunho’s face grew a bit of color as he felt embarrass of himself for thinking of such a thing in this time of day. He shook his head a bit before exiting the bedroom and heads toward the living room. He steps out into the balcony like usual and let out a deep sigh to hopefully clear his mind. Compare to the breeze at night, the afternoon breeze were warmer but it’s not like Yunho can really tell. He looks down at the people below, watching them when he notices something strange. He had kept his eyes on this place for a while now and became familiar with the surrounding and the people here. He even remembered the people who usually walk this street every day as well as the people who live in this apartment. He even keep track of the time of day when these people will appear. However, at this moment, there were some people he did not recognize roaming around below.

“Yunho?” came jaejoong’s voice

Yunho turn his attention to his bride who just got out of the bathroom with his hair still dripping wet. He must have taken a hot shower as the pale skin had a hint of pink making him look even more beautiful. Just staring at him awaken that strong desire once more as an image flashed before his eyes of this bride being pinned under him with his face wet and pink.

“What?” jaejoong asked, feeling like Yunho has been staring at him intensely

Yunho let out a dry cough “It’s nothing…dry your hair properly…”

“The hair blow dryer is broken when I threw it at you the other day…”

“But it didn’t hit me…I stop it in midair…”

“Yes…and after you left…everything floating in the mid-air came crashing down to the floor…”

Yunho paused feeling at fault as he walks back into the apartment and headed toward jaejoong. He reached out his hand as jaejoong took a sudden step back

“What are you doing?”

“Helping you dry your hair…”

Jaejoong look at him strangely before taking a step forward “okay…”

With his permission, Yunho reaches out to him once more. He place his hand just a few inches away from jaejoong’s face and suddenly, little bubble of water floated from his hair and into the palm of Yunho’s hand. More and more bubbles of water is pulled from his head, floating in mid-air. This trick really amazes jaejoong as if he is watching a magic show. This wasn’t the first time he saw Yunho do this trick and even though it’s the second time, to him it’s still an amazing skill. Within minutes, jaejoong felt his hair become lighter and soon completely dry as all the water has gathered, floating upon the palm of Yunho’s hand.

“Thank you…” jaejoong smile happily

Yunho was taken by surprise by the bright smile as he got distracted and the blub of water falls to the ground wetting the floor. Jaejoong raised one of his eyebrow as Yunho clear his throat in embarrassment.

In the meantime, changmin is in the car, nicely dressed for a company meeting that took place earlier today. He looked exhausted having to deal with the family business, the family itself and everything having to deal with dragons and hunters. He loosen his tie and sigh before turning his gaze out the window. Even though everything is very stressful, to him the bright sunlight was relaxing making his mood a little better. His thoughts eventually fell back to last night as his expression once again became complicated.

**Flash back**

Changmin is in his room talking on the phone with Junsu. His expression was serious and very troubled by what is being reported to him.

“Are you sure?” Changmin asked

“Yes…there is a secret passageway located below MinSeok’s mansion…it seem a lot of hunters come and go from there….”

“Passageway? To what?”

“A large room…”

Changmin pause a bit as begin to think “Were you able to get inside to see what is in there?”

Junsu sigh over the room “not yet…security there is tight…not everyone can enter that room…but…”

“But?”

“Yoochun sense a large amount of energy coming from there…the look on his face was a clear indication that it wasn’t anything good…”

“Energy? As in dragon energy?”

“Yes…”

“Could it be dragon scales…?”

“If it is…I’m guessing he must have a huge amount of it stored in that room…”

Changmin became even more stressed. He couldn’t figure out how on earth MinSeok got his hand on so much dragon scales. From his understanding, dragon scales are given to dragon hunters who has proven themselves worthy. Not every one of them is given a scale, only those of the best were gifted one. It has always been the main house who have these in their possession but even so, there aren’t a large amount of it that survived the centuries that passed to his knowledge. So how is it, that someone from a lower branch of the shim family is able to get his hand on so many of them. Could it be that MinSeok has been taking these dragon scales a little at a time over the last few years? How can such a task be completed without his grandfather knowing? But given that he is from the lower branch most likely his movement went unnoticed.

“Could it be…that MinSeok has been planning this from the very beginning? Even before the arrival of Yunho?” he wondered

“Changmin…” came Junsu’s voice “I have a feeling that with this much energy…this much power…and the fact that more dragon hunters are joining him…I fear both Yunho and Jaejoong will not be able to escape…”

The expression on changmin’s face change slightly for the worst. Can MinSeok really planning to destroyed mankind? He thought back to what he had saw a while ago…getting a glimpse into the secret plan of MinSeok and Byungchul. At first he thought it was impossible but now...he begin to wonder if he had underestimated them too much.

“Junsu…try your best to get into that room and find out what MinSeok is hiding in there …” said changmin

“I don’t need you to tell me…both me and Yoochun will handle this matter…but you changmin…you be careful…they are beginning to see you as a thorn that must be removed…”

“I know…”

**End of flash back**

Changmin sigh once more before turning his attention to YongHwa who is driving the car. YongHwa was no longer wearing his hunter uniform but instead is wearing a nice dark gray suit. Dragon hunters aren’t meant to be out in the open during the day. In fact, their existence is supposed to be a secret that even their birth records doesn’t exist. For YongHwa to be here, following changmin since morning was uncomfortable. This was not something is he use to but he can’t disobey the command of changmin. He had no choice but to wear a suit and follow him from the house to the company and even stood in the meeting. Compare to dealing with dragons…this was by far more exhausting in his view.

“YongHwa…take me to the hospital” command changmin

“Hospital? You want to visit your grandfather?” YongHwa asked

“Yes…”

There were too many questions in changmin’s mind and he feel like the answers lies with his grandfather. Even if his grandfather is still in a coma, just seeing him might help him organize his thoughts. Once at the hospital, changmin went into his grandfather’s room while YongHwa stood outside among the two guards. Suddenly, his phone began to ring as he walks away and answers the call.

“How are things over there?” came Byungchul’s voice

“There isn’t any movement yet with Young master changmin…”

“What is he doing now?”

Yonghwa turn his attention to the hospital room and answered “Visiting his grandfather…”

Byungchul smiled “it amazes me how devoted he is to his grandfather…even after everything he was put through…he is still taking care of him and visits him often like a good grandson…If I was in his shoe…I probably wouldn’t give a damn…in fact…I’ll probably pull the plug a long time ago and end the old man’s suffering…”

“But…I can understand why he visit him so often…” said YongHwa remembering the close relationship between changmin and his grandfather.

“Whatever the case…watch him carefully, we plan to move forward…MinSeok has allowed me to do what I want…so remain at the young master’s side and tried not to let him touch you…in the meantime, find where he is storing that power…once you find it…destroy it….I don’t want him praying into anyone else’s mind….at this point we don’t even know how much he knows about what we wanted to do….we can’t be careless and allow him to know more….messing up now will only ruin us…”

“Yes...understood…I’ll be careful…”

“Good…if you mess this up YongHwa…don’t think I won’t get rid of you…”

YongHwa could feel the coldness of Byungchul’s voice over the phone “…Yes…”

Byungchul hangs up the phone as he tosses it aside and turn his attention to a few people in the room with him. All the people were around his age or older as all of them had on a serious look on their face.

“This plan of yours…isn’t it too risky?” one of them asked

“We must take risk in order to succeed…” said ByungChul

The others exchange an uneasy look

“You don’t have to worry too much…I’ll handle most of the work…all you have to do is be on our side…when the times come…I only expect you to offer your assistance…once everything is over…you will get what you wanted…” smile Byungchul

“This…plan of yours…what is it really?” one of them asked still unclear about what Byungchul and MinSeok hope to gain

“We are only trying to make a big change to the world…make everything a better place…a place where you won’t have to suffer…a place where what you want and desire will be given to you…it will be a bright and painless future…I can guarantee you that…”

“And what about the Shim family?”

“The shim family will become better than what it is now….our family will be known throughout the world and all of you will be right in the middle of it all…the glory…the fame…the fortune….it will all be yours for the taking…”

“And you?” another asked “What is it that you want out of this?”

“MinSeok wants a bright future….you want fame and fortune…as for me….I desire immortality…”

The others once again look at each other as they all are thinking about the heart of the dragon bride

“From my understanding, this heart can only be obtain by the leader of the main branch…how do you expect to go against him to take the heart for yourself…”

“You don’t need to worry about that…I already have everything planned….” ByungChul smiled

As the sun begin to set in the horizon, the sky is painted a colorful red and yellow. Gummy had gotten off her shift and headed straight to Jaejoong’s apartment with a bags full of goodies. She paused at the door wondering if they had return or not. She reaches out to the door knob and to her excitement, it actually opened as a sign that they are home.

“Jaejoong ah!” she shouted happily entering the apartment but then stopped

The scenes that she had witnessed in this apartment seem to have become more and more preposterous. But nothing can out beat what she is looking at right at this moment. Sitting on the sofa is Yunho and in his arm his Jaejoong who is snuggling very close to his body with a big smile on his face. The balcony door is wide open as soft breeze blew into the room. The long curtains danced against the breeze giving the scene a hint of blissfulness. She can’t help but wondered just how close did these two became. Have their relationship really developed into this stage? Just where did they go? What were they doing that at this moment it has become a scene out of a romance movie?

“Gummy?” jaejoong called her name upon noticing her standing there with her eyes wide open

“You….him…just…” she tried to speak but the shock was too much

She never expected that the violent blood loving delinquent who won’t let others close to him will one day lay in the arm of another man with a smile of happiness. Are they even the same person?!

“What’s wrong with you?” Jaejoong asked her

“You…what are you doing?” she asked finally able to get her voice out

“It’s too hot today…the AC isn’t working so I’m using Yunho’s body to cool myself…”

“B-b-body?!”

“Dragon’s body adapts to the temperature…with the weather being so humid and hot…Yunho’s body is very cold and refreshing…it’s like a human AC…”

Gummy immediately walked over and place her hand upon Yunho’s shoulder and ignored the glare from the dragon she is touching without permission. Surprisingly, it is true, his body is cold and refreshing. She leans down and circled her arms around his neck making herself comfortable

“It does feel good…” she smiled feeling herself recovering from the heat

Yunho became irritated, he never like people being all touchy feeling with him. Jaejoong is an exception because he is his bride, but clearly Gummy is not an exception. He quickly removed her arms from his neck

“Don’t touch me as you please” he spoke coldly toward her

Gummy wasn’t afraid of him as she clicks her tongue in annoyance “Fine…I’ll just hold jaejoong then…”

She reaches out and wrap her arms around jaejoong’s neck intimately as a way to provoke Yunho. However, she didn’t expect him to reach over, yank her arms away and was pushed aside as she stumbled back a few steps. He glares at her with true anger that it sends a shiver down her spine. He had glared at her before but not in a way where she felted like her life was in danger. She could only stand there in complete fear and shock.

“Yunho! What the hell?” jaejoong snapped at him

As if it made him realize what he did wrong, he lower his gaze “s-sorry…I…didn’t mean to…”

Gummy look at Yunho and then to Jaejoong feeling like the peaceful atmosphere a moment ago has disappeared. Maybe a storm will even start if she didn’t do something about it “I-it’s okay…it was my fault anyway…I shouldn’t have provoked you…”

She walks to the table, put the bags down and begin to take everything out “W-Where did you two go?”

Jaejoong was quiet for a moment before answering “To the forest….fought some people, kill some people, fall into a tunnel….made a discovery…help reunite a girl with her father…”

Gummy paused as she thought about the little girl she saw before “Do you mean Soomin?”

“Yes…”

“I see…that’s good….wait…” she quickly turn around “Fighting? Killing? Falling?! What exactly happen?”

“You don’t have to worry about it…we are here and alive so just be thankful…”

Gummy clearly wanted to ask more question but felt like the more she knows, the more she will become stressed so it’s best not to know too much.

“Have you two eaten dinner yet?” she changed the subject

“Nope…too hot to go out…too lazy to cook…beside…I knew you will come over…”

“In that case, I’m going to use the kitchen…”

“Go ahead…just clean it afterward…” Yawn jaejoong as he slightly turn his head toward Yunho’s chest as the tense atmosphere earlier faded away. The coldness of his body made jaejoong comfortable that before he knew it, he had slipped into dreamland.

Gummy lifted her head from the counter to the two people sitting in the living room and saw jaejoong breathing softly and fast asleep “did he not sleep well last night? Why is he so exhausted?”

Yunho only answered with a simple “Yes...” as his expression were nothing but deep concern.

Earlier, Jaejoong slept till the afternoon, from the afternoon until now, he had already had 1 nap, and this making it the second time he had fallen asleep. Knowing what he knows, he can’t help but be worried about Jaejoong’s mentality. They both are connected, if one of them is being affected by dark energy, the other will also had a side effect. Even though jaejoong isn’t going to lose his mind like Yunho, his energy will be reduced as he will become weaker. Yunho is after all the main source of his life.

Once the food has been cooked, jaejoong had woken up and they had dinner together. This time, to Gummy’s surprise, the dragon is actually eating human food. She had never seen him touch food before until today. In fact, now that she thinks about it, this dragon has not eaten or drink anything. She wondered what exactly Dragon typically eat to keep them from starving.

After dinner, Gummy took care of cleaning. Once the dishes has been washed, she return to the living room. She glanced at Yunho a bit before turning her attention to jaejoong who is sitting close to Yunho as they both watched TV. Every time she sees this, it amazes her of how comfortable jaejoong has become around this dragon before her. It was as if a wild cat has finally been tamed. It made her heart soft knowing that there is finally someone out there whom he deems as worthy to rely on. But at the same time it brings out a bitter feeling that this person isn’t her. She had given up and knew that no matter what, this beautiful man will not become hers, but it is still painful to see him being close to another person. She swallowed back this bitter feeling and move her feet forward toward the two people on the couch.

“I’ll be taking my leave now…” she spoke before grabbing her purse from the couch feeling like the longer she stays here, the more this bitter feeling will become stronger.

“you just got here…why not stay longer?” ask jaejoong

“It’s alright…I have a double shift tomorrow so I better go back and get some rest”

“Okay…I’ll walk you to your car…” said jaejoong as he stood up

However, Yunho had reached out and grab onto his hand preventing him from going

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked a bit startled upon his action

Yunho could see both Gummy and jaejoong looking at him strangely as he reluctantly let go “b-be careful…”

Jaejoong nodded his head as they both left the apartment.

“Is he okay?” Gummy asked

Jaejoong turn toward the apartment door with a worried look on his face “I’m not so sure…”

Once they are out of sight, Yunho let out a deep sigh uncertain of what has gotten into him lately. He knows now that he loves jaejoong but to be this possessive is really unlike him at all. He knew that this was the effect of the darkness inside of him, awakening his dark desires of wanting to monopolize jaejoong to himself.

After waiting for a while, jaejoong has yet to return. He decided to go look for him as he stood up but then he feels the familiar pain growing inside of him. He clenches his chest tightly, trying to endure the pain as his body begin to shake. He leans on the couch to stabilize himself as his vision started to blur as he felt his consciousness shifting back and forth from light to dark. Blood eventually dripped from Yunho’s lip and onto the ground, it was no longer a beautiful crimson red color but a dark and sinister color. The golden glow in his eyes begin to change as dragon scales started to emerge upon his arms. However, there was a dark shadow appearing in each of them clouding its beauty.

“So JungHan fail to extract the darkness…” came a voice from behind him

Yunho turn around and standing there is Boa who had come in through the open balcony door. Surprising he wasn’t shock upon her appearances, it was as if he was already expecting her to come. He had wanted to say something but couldn’t as the pain in his body refuses to let him speak. Boa had always wanted to see him in pain, she thought that nothing is more satisfying then to see this man suffer and yet at this moment, she isn’t happy at all. In fact it is the opposite, to see him suffer, her heart ached and her chest tightens with bitterness. To see blood dripped from the corner of his mouth made her want to run to his side, wipes it away and remove the pain. But she couldn’t because this pain…it was her doing.

“You…came a lot sooner than I expected” he manages to ask through painful gasp of air

“I have to come and see if my effort was wasted…and seeing you like this…it seems that it wasn’t a waste after all…”

“What would you do if Junghan had been able to remove the darkness…?”

“I will kill you…” she spoke without hesitation

Yunho’s lip curved into a bitter grin “well…you don’t have to trouble yourself with that…You will have what you wanted…there is no doubt there…”

Boa didn’t say anything for a while before speaking in a low voice “This…wouldn’t have happen if you haven’t trampled my heart…”

Yunho couldn’t help but chuckled a little “Rather I accepted you back then or not…it no longer matters anymore Boa….even if I did accepted you back then…it would never have lasted….”

Boa glared at him “Why would you say that?”

“Because…” his lip curved into a wide smile “You…aren’t the one I am meant to be with…”

This sentence made Boa angry as her expression darkens “and you think he is the one you are meant to be with?! What makes you think your relationship will last?!”

“He is my bride isn’t he? The symbol on his chest is clear proof…”

Boa clenches her fist tightly as she slightly turn around “Indeed…he is your bride…but at the end…this bride of yours…will be torn apart by your own hand…when that times comes, I will be the one standing right next to you and watch as the life you had given him is forcefully taken back by you…”

With that being said, Boa walks toward the balcony but then paused a bit “Yunho…you are destined to be alone….even he will not be able to stand at your side forever…just remember that…”

Jaejoong and Gummy spoke for a while before she got into her car and drove away. The quietness surrounded him once more as he lifts up his gaze to look at the sky. At this moment he spotted someone exiting the balcony of his apartment and onto the rooftop of the next building.

“Isn’t that….Boa?!”

Upon this thought, he hurried up the stairs and toward his apartment in a panic “Yunho!”

To his relief, Yunho is standing in the middle of the living room with his back facing him. The tall structure stood still and didn’t even react to his name being called. Jaejoong had always regard Yunho’s back as strong and powerful, like nothing can pull him down. But at this moment, it looked a little lonely. Jaejoong walked pass him and toward the balcony, staring out to the direction Boa had escaped to.

He turn to Yunho “What is going on? Why did she come here?”

It took a few minutes before Yunho finally reacted. He was no longer in pain, the shaking had disappeared as the dragon scales on his arms had faded away. Yunho look at jaejoong as the words Boa spoke to him repeated in his mind

**flash back**

“Yunho…you are destined to be alone….even he will not be able to stand at your side forever…just remember that”

**end of flash back**

Yunho lower his gaze being reminded of those centuries being alone…sleeping deep under the ocean without anyone at his side. It was a life he had gotten used to, he didn’t care for anything and didn’t need any companionship. But the thought of returning to that dark ocean floor scares him. Without any warning, jaejoong was pulled into a tight hug.

“What are you doing?!” jaejoong asked in complete shock

Yunho didn’t say anything and only hugs tighter

“Let go…” stated jaejoong as he feels like Yunho isn’t acting like himself “let me go yunho…” he struggle but Yunho still wouldn’t let go as he lost his patient “Seriously! What is it that you are trying to do?! What is Boa doing here?! Why are you not saying anything?!”

Jaejoong was going to say something else when suddenly he felt something blocked his mouth as those words he wanted to ask were swallowed back in. As it turns out, he has been kissed. This took him by surprise as his brain is still processing the situation. Yunho eventually step back and released him as he smiled at him

“Sorry…” he apologize

Jaejoong didn’t say anything and only stares at him with his eyes wide open

“Forget that happen okay?...as for Boa…you don’t need to worry about her…she didn’t do anything…she was just here to see me suffer”

Jaejoong still didn’t say anything as Yunho turn around no longer facing jaejoong “I’m going to go to the rooftop to clear my mind…if you are tire…go to sleep…”

He only took a step when jaejoong finally spoke, but his tone of voice wasn’t soft or gentle, it was cold and fierce “You...aren’t Yunho…who are you?!”