Chapter 57

Dragon bride

Yoochun took the lead as he flew first followed by JungHan. As expected, other dragons would not allow them to pass as they flew down for an attack. Yoochun blasted them with fire coming from his dragon mouth and manages to create a little gap as they move forward. Another dragon attacked from the right as Yoochun flew toward it and tackling it away before burning it with fire. More dragons attacked as JungHan tried to maneuver away, dodging and blocking attacks as to not harm Jaejoong who is riding on his neck. Another attack came from behind and Jaejoong noticed it before shouting to JungHan who was able to avoid it at the last minute but the sudden movement nearly caused jaejoong to fall off.

“You okay?!” JungHan asked

“I’m okay…keep moving” said Jaejoong as he kept his eyes on Yunho from away

“Hold on tight”

Jaejoong nodded his head as another dragon tried to blast them with a beam. Junghan also countered the beam with his own as both energy clashed together creating an explosion in the middle as smokes filled the area. JungHan tried to ascend higher when another dragon blocked their way. This dragon glared at them with its eyes glowing. From the look of its dragon scales, this was a dragon of ice. It conjured large icicles and shot them toward JungHan and Jaejoong like hundreds of arrows raining down toward them. JungHan flew back a bit and tried to avoid them before using his wings as a shield. He made sure that Jaejoong is mostly covered as to not let him come into harm. With a flip of his wings, it created a strong gust of wind blowing the remaining icicles away but in the heat of the moment, the ice dragon had descended toward them. It was going to attack at a close range when fire came and hit the ice dragon causing it to roar in pain before falling down toward the ocean water causing a major splash.

“You two alright?” Yoochun asked as he rejoin them

“Yes...” said JungHan

They both look ahead of them and there were still hundreds of dragons standing in their way. But they weren’t going to just give up. With determination in their eyes, they once again move forward doing everything they can to get Jaejoong to Yunho even if the cost is their own life. Changmin had ordered his people to assist as well as hunters tried their best to help make way for Jaejoong and the others. But being human, being on water was making it difficult for a full on support. Those that could take into the air also flew and battled with dragons in the sky. A dragon attempted to attack their ship as hunters quickly change position to block the attack. It caused an explosion near the ship causing a violent wave to splash against them making the ship rock. Soomin lost her balance and fell but luckily Changmin caught her and help her stabilize

“Being up here is too dangerous…why don’t you go inside the ship where it is safer” he said

Soomin shook her head “No…I want to see it…”

“But…”

“Being able to see put me at ease…If I were to hide…it will only make me anxious and scare”

Changmin wanted to drag her down below but seeing the determination in her eyes, he couldn’t do it.

“Alright…make sure you stay right next to me so I can protect you…understand?”

Soomin nodded her head as she gripped onto his shirt. They both turn their attention to the fight in the sky as multiples lights flashes as sound of explosion echoed. Loud roars ring loudly from all direction as changmin wondered rather they will actually succeed. He clenches his fist tightly keeping his eyes on JungHan where Jaejoong sat. All he could do now is pray and hope that somehow…someway…Jaejoong will be able to reach Yunho and bring him back to his sense. Soomin on the other hand, could feel Changmin trembling and could see the frustration in his eyes, there was also a hint of fear reflected in them.

“Everything will be okay” She spoke “My dad and Jaejoong will be successful…no matter what happen…Yunho will return by the guidance of his bride”

Changmin turn to face her and unlike him, there was no fear in her. For a little girl to see such chaotic war…to see death…to see destruction…to see her own father ascended directly to the mouth of danger…He can’t help but admire her.

“You…are a half breed?” he asked

As if this word was taboo…upon hearing it, Soomin lowered her gaze and slowly nod her head feeling a little self-conscious. Seeing her this way, he wondered rather he had asked something inappropriate as he quickly apologized to her. As of now, he had seen his fair share of dragons but this is the first time he seen a half breed. He had read about them in his grandfather’s book collection but those descriptions made them out to have more of a human mix with dragon like appearances. However, this half breed before his eyes has a full human appearances. There wasn’t any traces of dragon on her except for the flow of dragon energy inside her.

Another attack came their way as another wave splashed against their ship making it rock back and forth. Changmin held onto Soomin tightly to help her stabilize as he grab onto something to keep them standing. He turn to the people around him and give out some more commands as his attention is then brought back to the sky. He sees that Jaejoong had made it half way, closer to where Yunho and the large white dragon stands but this only made him more distress.

“You can do this Jaejoong…” thought changmin

As more dragons attempted to block their way, it have become harder to get through. It was as if these dragons are coming together to create a shield, preventing them from passing. JungHan and Yoochun have done everything they can but it seems to be fruitless. Every time they made it closer, they are then pushed back again. As JungHan flew trying to dodge all the attacks, a dragon had taken him by surprise, slamming right into his side. This sudden force nearly knock Jaejoong off as he manages to grab onto JungHan’s hair preventing his deadly fall. The dragon that tackled them using its large claws and grab onto JungHan to prevent him from escaping. The sharp claw penetrated JungHan’s scales and right into his flesh causing him to roar in pain. The dragon then turn its large eyes to Jaejoong and attempted to bite him. JungHan struggled to break free of the hold as he uses his wings and his long tail to whip the other dragon. They got into a fight as the other dragon refuses to let go. There were so much movements, so much force that jaejoong could barely hold on. Yoochun who was busy fighting other dragons noticed their dilemma as he blasted the other dragon with fire before quickly flying toward JungHan and Jaejoong. He summoned fire as it headed straight toward the dragon attacking them. Upon seeing the flame came toward it, it finally let go of JungHan in order to avoid the attack. Yoochun flew right to the dragon tackling it, pushing it away. However, before JungHan could regain his composer, another dragon came toward them and attacked. Being injured, JungHan’s movement have become slower and a bit restricted. He tried his best to block the attack but by doing so, it had causing jaejoong to loose grip.

“JAEJOONG AH!!” Changmin shouted in horror as he watched the beautiful man fall off of JungHan and toward the big body of water below.

Seeing that jaejoong is no longer in the protection of JungHan, other dragons descended toward him to try and eat him. One manages to grab onto him using its feet but this caused the other dragons to become jealous as they too wanted a piece of him. They started a fight among each other to see who can have him as he is treated like a precious piece of delicacy. These dragons were bringing him higher and higher into the sky as JungHan and Yoochun attempted to save him but hundreds of dragons were standing in their way. Jaejoong lifted his gaze toward Yunho who had yet to turn around to look at the scene behind him. He only floated in front of the big white dragon as if they are conversing telepathically. This caused jaejoong to think back to the past when Yunho will come to his rescue…risking his life to protect him. And now that he is in danger of being eaten alive, Yunho didn’t even turn around to look at him. This caused Jaejoong’s heart to ache and his chest tightens but he is beyond angry more than anything.

“YUNHO YOU IDIOT!” he shouted

As the dragon holding onto him fought with the other dragons, it lost its grip on jaejoong as he once again falls down. The dragons was too busy fighting each other that none of them give him any more attention. Just then a large black dragon came flying toward him from the right as it open its large mouth showing its rows of sharp white teeth. It attempted to swallow him completely as his body went numb.

With all of his strength he shouted “YUNHO!!!”

His horrifying voice finally reached Yunho who turn around and his eyes widen upon seeing his bride about to become food for another dragon. Something inside him stir as his body moved on its own. He quickly descended down as fast as he could, grabbing onto Jaejoong and flying away as the large dragon closed its mouth missing them by an inch. However, this dragon wasn’t going to just let them go as it quickly flew after them, attacking them from behind. Yunho turn around as his eyes glows a golden light, the water below stir as it shot up into the sky blasting the black dragon away. With one hand holding onto Jaejoong, he raised the other hand and changed the water into spears, shooting toward the black dragon, piercing it as it roar loudly falling onto the ocean below. Other dragons took notice as they stop fighting among themselves and dashed toward Yunho and Jaejoong. Yunho raised his hand once more as multiple large spears like water shot up from the water below and pierced through the multiple dragons. More attacks came their way as Yunho held onto Jaejoong tightly trying to avoid the attacks as he single handily fought against the swarming dragons. Luckily for them, they are fighting at sea so the amount of water Yunho can summon was endless as the entire ocean became his weapon.

“Yunho behind!” jaejoong shouted

Yunho quickly turn around and blocked the incoming attack before creating strong large cyclones to swallow other dragons dragging it down. JungHan and Yoochun manages to break through as they too join in on the fight. At this point they aren’t sure rather Yunho had return to his senses or not but seeing that he is protecting jaejoong is a good sign. The pure white dragon that had yet to make a move watched the fight in front of him observing everyone’s moves like a mighty god, waiting…contemplating of what fate should be fall them. Seeing that Yunho is fighting to protect a mere human regardless if he is the bride, the white dragon finally changed the expression on its face. Suddenly, its eyes started to glow a bright white color. It opens its large mouth as it begin to gather a big ball of energy to form a powerful blast.

“Yunho! Jaejoong ah!!” Junsu and Changmin shouted in horror

The big white dragon released its beam as it shot down directly toward Yunho and Jaejoong below. The white dragon didn’t care for those that follows its order as anything that is in the path of the beam were completely wipe out into dust. No matter how big or how small, how strong or how weak, nothing can withstand such a blast. JungHan and Yoochun saw the powerful beam passed them as it created a strong gust of wind pushing them back. Yunho sensed it as he turn around and saw the white beam but this distracted his attention as a smaller dragon attacked from behind clawing him on the back. He let out a painful groan as blood flow out of the 4 large fresh wounds. Upon seeing the beam, the other dragons quickly flew away and stand clear of the attack. Yunho who is now injured had lost strength as he could no longer float taking a dive to the sea below. Jaejoong end up slipping away from Yunho’s grasp as he too took a fall.

“YUNHO!!” jaejoong shouted as he tried to reach and grab onto him

Changmin and the others could only watch as the powerful beam came toward the half conscious blue dragon and his bride. JungHan and Yoochun tried to catch up and help but they knew that they might not make it. Yunho who has now fallen unconscious continues to fall as Jaejoong reaches out to try and grab him. However, he continues to miss as the falling force pushes him away. After a few attempts, he manages to grab onto Yunho’s hands and pulled himself up before wrapping his arms around him tightly

“Yunho…wake up!” he shouted feeling the force of wind against them as they fall making it hard for him to speak and breath properly “I need you to wake up!”

Yunho however did not stir, Jaejoong felt a large amount of heat as he looks up and noticed the beam has come closer and is right at their feet.

In a desperate move, he grab onto the side of Yunho’s face and leans his head forward closing the gap between them. With all his strength he slammed his forehead against Yunho’s forehead sending a surge of pain throughout his body.

“WAKE UP DAMN IT!”

Yunho who was unconscious felt the pain as he started to open his eyes. The minute he saw the blast coming their way, he quickly wraps his arm around Jaejoong’s body before summoning water to create a shield against the blast. As the water collided with the beam, a huge guest of wind was created but it wasn’t enough. The bean was far too strong, acting as a force, pushing them down further and faster. Yunho used all his strength to try and push the attack back but it was no use. The blast eventually broke through the shield as Yunho pulled jaejoong into a tight huge, switching position with him, having his own back facing the blast instead. Seeing that they might not be able to avoid it, Jaejoong quickly wrapped his arms around Yunho's neck and whispered to his ear

"Yunho...." Jaejoong spoke softly and gently "...I love you...I'm sorry...and thank you for everything"

Within seconds, they both are devoured by the beam before it hits the water below, turning into a large explosion. The blast caused a massive waves crashing onto the ships, violently pushing it further away from the 6 pillars. Some people on the ship were thrown overboard as everyone became drenched in water. Another ship wasn’t lucky enough as it is swallowed by the sea. The peaceful ocean became disturbed as strong winds blew and waves of all size and strength were created. The blast was powerful as it ripped a hole into the ocean forcing all the water to separate. It took a minute before the water will once again comes together filling that hole. Once the beam finally disappeared, silence filled the air as no one made a move. Even the ocean was still as everything that was in its path were completely destroyed. Even Yunho and Jaejoong who was in its path was no longer there.

“This…can’t be…” whispered Changmin in disbelief as he falls to his knee. A single tear falls from his eyes as what happen replayed in his mind over and over again.

Soomin who was standing next to him started to tremble and cry as Junsu quickly comforted her. JungHan and Yoochun floated in the sky also in disbelief as they are unsure of what to do. They have already exhausted their strength, unable to fight anymore as more and more dragons came through the gap in the sky like an unstoppable army. They thought that everything will fall into their favor…they thought that as long as they don’t give up and continue to fight, this battle can be won but now, now everything is falling apart. The destruction of the world will come, the amount of death and blood shed will be unstoppable. In the past, this war destroyed half of the world before the white dragon was stopped. But this time, this war in the past has been brought into this time where more life will be doomed, as this time have no dragon allies…only humans who have no ability to fight, no places to hide.

The white dragon seems satisfied with the outcome as he had gotten rid of his biggest obstacles. He no longer give them any attention as he started to move, setting its sight on the land from afar. The other dragons followed his lead as they all begun to fly away. The ocean became quiet once more as no one made a sound. They could only stand still and watched as more and more dragons begin to emerge from the open gate, heading toward land where millions of people will suffer. They tried their best at preventing such a catastrophe but at the end, the cost was Yunho and Jaejoong.

Just when they thought everything was over and all hope is lost, there was movement from under the water as a bright light started to shine below the surface. The entire ocean floor lights up like a thousand stars in a beautiful blue color. Little orbs of blue lights begin to depart from the water surface, floating higher like fire flies, flying around them.

“What is going on?” Junsu asked in shock

Jaejoong who was still unconscious opens his eyes and found himself back in the stream of connection, surrounded by dark cold water. This time it is even colder as his body started to turn numb. It was like thousands of small needles were stabbing his skin making it tangles in an uncomfortable way. He ignored the coldness and ignored the numbness he felt as he looks around the vast body of dark water. He was searching, searching for someone…searching for something desperately but all he saw was total darkness.

“You are here…I can feel it” he spoke

There was no sound, no reply to his words.

“Yunho…I think you have been in here long enough…don’t you think it’s time to return?”

Once again there was no sound

“I know you are probably lost…unable to find a way out…I know it must be hard and confusing at this moment but I am here for you…so please…don’t hide…show yourself…allow me to help you.”

There was still no response but he could hear the sound of water moving nearby

With a sigh he spoke again “If you won’t talk to me…then listen to me…as comfortable as this place may be, you can’t stay here…this is not your place to be. You belong in a warmer place…a place where the sun shines….a place filled with people who cares about you…who needs you…you belong at my side. Whatever hatred you may have, whatever hidden resentment you have locked up deep inside you…you have to let it all go….Don’t let it become a binding of darkness….a foundation for it to control…”

Once again he heard movement in the water but did not see anyone

“Everyone needs you…” said jaejoong as he gripped his chest where his heart lies. He soften his voice as he continues to speak from the bottom of his heart “…I need you…I can’t do this without you…I can no longer live without you….”

This time the movement was closer as a bright lights begin to shine from behind, it was a dark shade of gold. Jaejoong turn around and came face to face with a large dragon as its eyes glows brightly. It was looking at him as if it doesn’t recognize him but unlike before, it did not attack him. Upon seeing the dragon, Jaejoong was not afraid but only smile with such radiance and love. He then reach out his hand to the dragon

“Come….lets go back…”

The dragon look at him and then look at the hand stretch out to him. It didn’t make any movement but something stir inside it as if it’s urging him to reach out and take that warm hand. Maybe by accepting it, he will find what it is that he had lost...gain what it is that he desires…just maybe this cold dark place will become a little warmer and a little brighter.

Junsu and the others watched in silence as the ocean glows even brighter. Just then, the water started to move even more as if something big is about to surface from down below. As expected something did surfaced as a large blue dragon emerged. Its scales shine brightly showing a hint of blue as the water made it kind of transparent. It shines like millions of twinkling lights filled with millions of hope. It was the most magnificent thing anyone had ever seen before as its two large wings spread from side to side, flapping, creating a powerful gust of wind as it roar loudly echoing in the night. Its two large eyes glows a bright golden light that shows both power and strength. In its arm is an unconscious Jaejoong as the flower on his chest started to glow even more bright and the color was even more intense.

“Jae…” spoke Changmin “JAEJOONG AH!”

He quickly rushed to the edge of the boat in disbelief. Everyone was in complete shock, they never expected that Jaejoong and Yunho will actually survive that blast. The white dragon that has gone toward land sensed Yunho’s presence. Rather than going back, it only continued toward land knowing very well that he and Yunho will once again face each other.

As morning came, there was no sun to shine. The dark clouds covered the sky as far as the eyes could see blocking majority of the light. Shining alongside it is the rainbow aurora that is showing no shine of ever disappearing. Changmin and the others have returned to land, taking shelter at his grandfather’s secret house. Even though the shield has been destroyed, it is far away from the city making it a safer place to be. Everyone was exhausted as the mood became depressing. Many people had died trying to fight against the dragons…but all effort prove fruitless as they still lose at the end. And now dragons have made themselves known to the world as the day of destruction has begun. No one knows what to do as they all just dwell in their own space completely dispirited. Changmin had exited a bedroom and walked down the hall when he came across Junsu.

“How is he?” he asked

“He still haven’t woken up yet…”

“Well…he did went through a lot so it’s expected…”

“Yea…”

Changmin no longer said a word as he walked pass his brother and descended the flight of stairs. To his surprise, his grandfather is already out of his room and is in the living room among the others. He could sense that there are tension as the room has been divided into two. Those who opposed the grandfather are on one side of the room while those that still obey him are on the other side. Even when Yoochun stood before him with a ball of fire burning on his hand wanting to kill him, the grandfather did not faze. Seeing this scene, Junsu quickly rushed forward to prevent Yoochun from harming the old man.

“Why did you come out of your room?” Changmin asked

The grandfather turn his attention to him “Do you really think you can lock me up in the room? I am still the head of the shim family…the true leader of the dragon hunters…Don’t think that just because you over powered me on the ship will make you the leader…as long as I am still alive…the position is still mine to take”

Changmin use to love his grandfather, he use to like listening to his grandfather speak and tell him countless stories. But right now, this voice ringing in his ear was irritating him as the patient he use to have for this man has disappeared.

“Have you not seen what is happening now? Have you not seen the death that you have carelessly caused? Have you not seen the number of dragons roaming the land creating all kind of terror? At this moment, the last thing you should worried about is your position as head of the family…” said changmin with a hint of anger in his voice

The grandfather still kept his calm expression as if he didn’t do anything wrong “This was not my doing…you can’t shift the blame onto me…this was MinSeok and Byungchul’s Idea…not mine”

“Good god…you are really unbelievable…” said Changmin “All of this was possible because of your selfishness…you provided them a place to hide…provided him the ships to sail….provided them the hunters to support…..all of this was because of you…you were willingly to be part of their plan…to provide them the tools they needed…”

His grandfather didn’t say a word as he turn away but still have the air of an ignorant man

“If you had stopped like I asked you to…if you would have listened to me…none of this would have been possible…but because you were to set on becoming immortals that you were taken advantage of…”

“hmph….I already told you the reason I needed the heart…there is nothing more I needed to say”

“Wanting the heart is one thing…but you got greedy…one heart wasn’t enough for you…I could see it in your eyes…you wanted more thus you joined them…now look at what you have done…what you have taken part of…this world’s destruction…will forever be your burden to carry”

The grandfather’s expression finally changed slightly as he became quiet.

Changmin let out an exhausting sigh before speaking “if this is all you have to say then return to your room”

The hunter was about to wheel the grandfather away when he spoke “Are you going to give up then?”

“What?”

“I’m asking you…are you going to give up and hide here?”

“Of course not! We will think of a plan to clean up your mess…I’m not ready to just give in and wait for death to come…I’ll fight with everything I got…”

The grandfather look at changmin and see the courage… he can’t help but admire changmin’s strength. This was no longer a child who follows him…but a man who has taken on the role of a leader…a man whose conscience and judgements are better than his own.

“All you have is 3 dragons…a half breed…a dragon bride and a few dragon hunters…comparing to the force you will face…your chance of winning is very slim”

“Even if we lose…at least we lose fighting, trying to keep our place knowing we have done everything we could…”

“And what is your plan? Fight them head on?”

“I don’t know…but our focus will have to be the pillars that are keeping the gate open…we will find a way to destroy it and close the gate first…”

The grandfather did not say any more as footsteps could be heard coming their way.

“If you destroy the pillars…your chance of winning will be even slimmer” came a voice

Everyone turn their attention to the door way and standing there is Yunho “The pillars are near impossible to destroyed...it took years for it to be created so I highly doubt it can be destoryed easily...beside, the gate will need to be kept open…the way they came through…is the only way to send them back…” he then turn to JungHan “you know more spells then I do…are you able to block the gate and prevent any more dragons from crossing over?”

JungHan thought about it for a minute “There is one…however, it won’t last long…”

“Do what you can…we will block of the pathway and deal with those that have crossed over to this time and space…”

A few have hours passed as Jaejoong begin to open his eyes and at first his vision was unclear. No matter where he looked it was a total blur. He felt his head aching painfully as his body felt heavy. He stirs a bit more as his vision slowly begin to become clear. At this point, he realize that he is in a room, lying on a big comfy bed with a change of clothes. He was in a state of confusion, unsure of what happen or where he is. The door to the room open as jaejoong turn his attention toward the door. Changmin is standing there with his eyes widen in shock upon seeing Jaejoong awaken.

“Changmin?” jaejoong spoke

Changmin dashed forward and quickly pulled jaejoong into a tight hug thanking the god for allowing this man to live. The hug as so tight that it made him uncomfortable as he pushed changmin away

“You! Are you trying to suffocate me?!” snapped Jaejoong

Seeing that he is fine and back to his normal shelf, changmin shed a tear before wiping it and smile “I’m so happy…so happy that you are awake…”

Seeing him tearing up with a relief look on his face, Jaejoong is even more confused “What…happen?”

“You…you were unconscious for a whole day…I was so worried, when that blast hit you both, I thought for sure you had died…”

Jaejoong lower his gaze remembering the gate being opened as hundreds of dragons passed through, he remembers riding on JungHan’s neck trying to reach Yunho and remembering them both falling from the sky. His head begin to hurt a little as he groaned and the last memory he could remember was him and Yunho covered by a bright powerful light before everything turn dark. Upon remembering this, Jaejoong’s eyes widen and he snap his head toward changmin

“Yunho…where is Yunho?!”

Changmin was a bit startled, he had never seen Jaejoong look like this before “he…is talking to JungHan…just beyond those woods”

A minute later, Jaejoong burst through the door and ran down the hall way as if his life depends on it, running into people and nearly slipping on the ground. He didn’t care for anyone or anything as he ran as fast as his feet can carried him. All he could think about was seeing Yunho right at this moment. He could feel his heart beating very fast as the urge to his him grew stronger as he ran. He didn’t even bother to stop when Changmin shouted behind him, chasing after him. After running down the flight of stairs down to the first floor of this building, he pushed the two front door open and dashed out into the open yard.

“Jaejoong slow down!” Changmin shouted fearing that he might injured himself by running so carelessly.

Not to mention he had just awoken from his slumber being out cold for a whole day. His body is probably still weak and changmin didn’t want him to strain himself. Jaejoong of course ignored his calling as he ran through the small wooden area that leads to a cliff. The minute he reaches the other end of the woods he came to a complete stop. Standing near the edge is Yunho talking to JungHan. Base on the expression on their faces, it seems like they were discussing something serious. Yunho’s back was facing him unaware of his presence while JungHan is facing him, seeing him standing there looking as if he had ran a mile barefooted.

“We will discuss this matter later…it seems you have something else to tend to” said JungHan

Yunho turn around and spotted Jaejoong standing there as he felt a little nervous like a child who had done something terribly wrong. JungHan walked pass Yunho and toward jaejoong before placing his hand upon his shoulder giving him assuring smile that this person standing before him is the Yunho he knows.

“A lot had happen…so take it easy on him okay?” said JungHan as he walked away

Yunho and Jaejoong is left on the cliff side, one looking at the other while the other avoiding his gaze. A cool wind blew pass causing their hair to sway back and forth as the sound of waves splashing against the cliff echoed into the air. It was Jaejoong who made the first move as he walks forward. Yunho still had his gaze down but did not make a movement to avoid him. Once jaejoong is standing in front of him, it made it even more uncomfortable for Yunho as he felt even more anxious and nervous.

“Jaejoong…I…”

Before he could even say more, a punch landed against his cheek startling him. He stumbled before falling to the ground unable to stabilize his body. He figures that jaejoong must be furious with him and probably come to hate him. After everything he had done, he wouldn’t blame Jaejoong for being angry.

Jaejoong let out a deep breath “okay…I got that out of my system…now I can be more at ease…”

Yunho was still sitting on the ground a bit dumbfounded as Jaejoong look at him. He reach out his hand to him and said “how long you plan to sit there? Get up…”

Yunho immediately remember this scene in his consciousness where Jaejoong also reached out his hand to him. It was because he took that hand that he was able to return to his normal self…able to push back the darkness that has taken over him. Without any hesitation, he took Jaejoong’s hand who helped him to stand up. But he didn’t expect for his body to be pulled forward into a warm and tight embrace.

“You are the most annoying person I have ever meet…constantly giving me trouble…constantly having to rescue you…and here I thought the rescuing job is yours to do…”jaejoong spoke hugging him tightly as his voice started to shake “…for the first time…I was really scared…”

Yunho was shock speechless, this wasn’t the jaejoong he knows. The man he call his bride was stubborn, never allowing anyone to see his weak side…always putting on a strong front. But now, now this man is trembling, his voice shaking, hugging him tightly as if he doesn’t want to let go. Feeling this warm and familiar embrace, Yunho could no longer hold back as he returned the hug. Jaejoong could feel two strong arms wrapped around his body as he felt his heart skip a beat.

He lightly hit Yunho on the back “you made me your bride so you are responsible for me until the day I died…you are not allowed to leave my side again you hear…seeing you treating me like I am no body was the most painful thing ever…I was going to go mad…you know…”

Hearing this, Yunho could only smile helplessly never expecting to hear these kind of words from him

“I’m sorry…” he apologized

Jaejoong pulled away and look at him “sorry for what? What is there for you to apologize for?”

Yunho lower his gaze “it’s because of me that so many people had died…because of me that the gate had open…because of me that dragons of the past now roams in the present…” he paused a bit before continuing “it’s because of me you…have to….”

He looked so guilty and so depress as Jaejoong slapped both side of his cheeks before cupping his face into his warm hands “Listen to me and listen well…this is not your fault…you didn’t do any of this because you wanted to…it was a situation that you nor anyone else could control or prevented…if you must blame someone…then blame that who did this to you, blame those people who wishes for this destructions. You are an innocent victim…forced against your will to do their deeds. I don’t want you sprouting out these kind of crap again you hear me?”

“But I…”

“Yah!” jaejoong shouted “if you said one more word along the line of this being your fault…I will hit you again. Do you really want to get hit?”

Yunho shook his head as jaejoong’s expression softens and he smiled like never before “Good…”

They both stood on the cliff side gazing out into the ocean as the dark clouds looms and the aurora lights shines. A gentle cool breeze danced around them as neither said a word. Yunho slightly turn to look at jaejoong whose gaze were directed toward the ocean. Even though the days are numbered…even though the days has turn dark, he can’t help but sees this bride shines brightly like a light unable to be extinguished. Even though his memories were hazy and he can’t remember everything during his dark times, he knows for a fact that he had done something cruel toward him. This is probably the only thing that he can’t forgive himself for, to harm jaejoong is the last thing he would want to do. Even if jaejoong doesn’t want to say it…even if he doesn’t want to tell him…he can still remember bits and pieces of what took place in that cave. He wanted to apologize but he knew that Jaejoong probably wouldn’t want to hear it. The only thing he could do is devote himself even more to make sure this bride remain safe and remain at his side.

Even though his memory wasn't that clear, he could recalled a few words whispered to him. These words were the only thing he could remember clearly.

***flash back**

“Yunho…” Jaejoong spoke softly and gently to his ear as the beam draws near them “…I love you…I’m sorry…and thank you for everything”

***end of flash back**

Upon remembering this, Yunho smiled loving this man even more than before.

Watching them from afar is Changmin as he kept himself hidden in the shadows of the trees. He observed them for a while before he smiled and walked away with his heart feeling lighter. It was painful for him at first but now he have come to term with the fact that Jaejoong and Yunho shared an unbreakable bond. Instead of trying to force himself in between, it is better to step aside and see the man he care about smile.

“Are you okay?” Came MinJun’s voice

Changmin turn to face him “I’m okay…”

MinJun can see the scene in front of him as he look at changmin once more a bit worried.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes…I’m happy for him…I’m happy for them both…Jaejoong was once known as a devil…but in the presence of Yunho…he seem to have turn into a normal human being…this…is something I wasn’t able to do…while at his side…I tried my best to give him what he wanted…but Yunho give him what he needed…”

MinJun soften his expression and smiled feeling like this young master of his has grown up even more, become more mature. All of a sudden, the ground shook violently as a loud roar echoed nearby causing everyone to become alert. Yunho and jaejoong walked pass the woods and joined Changmin as well as MinJun. Hunters that was inside quickly exited the building while some took to the rooftop as everyone stands in their position, ready to fight. They can hear more loud roars ringing in the air but no dragon has yet to show itself making everyone even more restless. The ground shook even more causing everyone to stumble and falls. They then heard a loud explosion nearby as smokes took to the sky. Fire soon raged as the sound of screams could be heard.

“Wasn’t there…a small city near here?” one of the hunter asked

Everyone’s expression changed as Yunho turn to Jaejoong “Stay here…I’ll be back”

Jaejoong only nodded his head as Yunho and the others took to the air. Changmin also followed him along with his hunters in case the situation needed more support. Jaejoong and Soomin is left standing there as he contemplated rather he should join them but he knows his body. At this rate, he will only become a burden. He turn his gaze and at the corner of his eyes, he spotted someone standing in the shadow of the tree, watching him. Upon their eyes meeting, this person walked away…venturing into the woods. He narrowed his brows and turn to Soomin, gesturing for her to go and stay inside were other hunters were left behind to protect the place. He then followed this person back into the woods where no one could see them.

“You really have guts to be coming here Boa” spoke jaejoong

The person walking ahead of him stopped as she turn around to face him.