Chapter 26

Dragon bride

The sound of footsteps echoed into the large room where MinSeok sat in front of the large window overlooking into the city. Through this window he was able to witness the fight that took place a few minutes ago. After the flash of lights in the sky, the rain had stopped completely but the dark clouds still remain above the sky. He figures that by now, this event had spread like wild fire; even the government won’t be able to cover this up. The footsteps came to a stop just a foot away as he turns around.

“That was quite the show…did you really need to stir things up to this big of a scale?”

Boa sat down on one of the chair and placed a little glass bottle filled with dark red liquid onto the table before crossing her leg “Does it matter what I do…you got a show to watch and I still manages to get you what you needed”

“I very much would prefer to have the shadow dragon alive…”

“It was his own choice to blow himself up…I have no hand in that…”

MinSeok took the bottle in his hand and glance at it as the little bottle shines under the ceiling lights “To think you still manage to get this in all of the chaos…”

Boa didn’t say anything as she places a grape into remembering how she had walked right into the magic array while electric currents were shocking the shadow dragon as if it’s nothing. At times like this, it’s good to be an immortal because there is no such thing as death. She was even able to cut the shadow dragon on his feet without him realizing it and harvested some blood.

“What are you going to do with that?”

“A drop of this will taint anything that is pure…just a sip and darkness will consume an individual…that’s why the shadow race were forced into hiding….their blood alone already proves to be a great threat for both human and dragon alike…It made me wish I could have seen it in person especially since it’s the last of its kind…there will be no more shadow dragon…”

Boa glances at the little bottle already suspecting what MinSeok had plan. It’s not like she is against it, but getting the target to consume such a thing would not be an easy task. She thought back to when Yunho arrived in his dragon form. It has been so long since she last seen it and to see it once more reminded her of how much she adores his clear blue scales, the way lights reflects upon it making it shine. But seeing how Yunho go enrage and worried for jaejoong irritated her greatly. She wishes to quickly break them apart, to quickly make Yunho feel the pain she did centuries ago. It took everything in her not to reveal herself but now she wishes that she had done it.

“I know what you are thinking….just be patient…we have already gotten what we need…your time will come…” said MinSeok

“Just don’t make me wait too long otherwise don’t blame me when I end up putting a big hole in your plan…”

MinSeok only smiles at her “I’ll keep that in mind…”

Two days passed since that night and the event that took place is still making headlines as countless news spoke about the dragon and group of people dresses in black. With something this big, there was no way the government could control it as it spread worldwide. Gummy sat in the living room watching the news quietly as it replay a video that was capture of the two dragons. She glances from Yoochun who is sitting on the arm chair to her right reading a book to Yunho who is standing by the window looking out to who knows what. She can’t help but felt uncomfortable especially when she isn’t sure if what she saw the other day was real or not. She clearly remembers Yunho’s eyes glowing and then him flying out the window as if it’s nothing. Now news of dragons spread all over the city with videos and pictures are surfacing, she can’t help but think that the dragon with golden eyes might actually be Yunho. She wanted to confirm it but she couldn’t find her voice. At first she wasn’t scare of him, she can raise her voice at him but right at this moment, fear had kept close. She could have just run out screaming for help but she wasn’t able to thus she sat here silently for the last two days. In fact she was so quiet that the others completely forgotten she is still in the room with them. Gummy leans back against the couch and turn her head toward the hallway where Jaejoong’s bed room lies with a concern look on her face. It has been two days and yet jaejoong has not left his room. Gummy lower her gaze to the floor remembering what happen when she woke up from fainting. Yunho had storm into the apartment with an unconscious jaejoong in his arm. Upon seeing such a sight, Gummy thought her heart would have stopped. She went into panic mode and storm right over to Yunho trying to get Jaejoong out of his arm but was held back by Junsu. They both disappear into Jaejoong’s room for a few hours before Yunho exited the room. Since then, Jaejoong has yet to come out nor has Yunho gone back inside. She had wanted to go in and check on him but everytime she does, her feet always stop in front of the door unable to go further. Call it a woman’s intuition but she could feel this vibe from jaejong’s room to not enter and that he wanted to be alone.

“Is he still in the room?” Junsu asked as he exited the bathroom

“Yea…he refuses to come out and refuse to open the door to anyone…” said Yoochun

Junsu couldn’t help but feel sad for Jaejoong. The moment the shadow dragon killed himself, jaejoong fainted from shock as well as exhaustion. But when Jaejoong woke up, he isolated himself in his room refusing to let anyone inside. At this point he could only imagine what is going through his head right now, the kind of feeling that is filling him up.

“He didn’t even eat anything for the last two days…will he be okay?” Junsu asked full of worries

Yunho slightly turn to look down the hall toward the door that leads into Jaejoong’s bedroom. It has been shut tightly and locked. He could easily storm in and drag him out but he figure that will only have the opposite effect in this situation. He may be a dragon but he does understand the feeling of having someone you know die before your eyes. In jaejoong’s case, he watched a dragon kill himself…being driven to a corner by the hands of human. To make it worst, the human Soonjae took in, Jaejoong also witnessed her death. Even if he wanted to help him, he isn’t sure where to start or what to say that will ease the pain inside.

Gummy couldn’t take it anymore as she stood up and attempted to storm right into Jaejoong’s room and pull him out by force if she has to. But the minute she took a step, Yunho pushes pass her and beat her to the door. She thought for sure he will pound on the door full of irritation like she would but instead he walks right through the door like some ghost in a horror movie shocking her even more.

“He…He…d-did him…just…” she stuttered to Junsu

“Yes…he did….” Junsu confirmed so she doesn’t think that she is losing her mind.

Yunho step foot into the darken bedroom. The blinds have been pulled down and the curtain has been pushed to block off any sunlight from outside. Sitting on the bed with his back against the wall is jaejoong. He had one of his knee pull up high as his rest one of his arms upon the knee with a blank look on his face. It’s as if his body is here but his mind had gone somewhere else. Yunho walks over to the bed and sigh before reaching out and touches jaejoong on the head jolting him back to reality

“How long are you going to dwell on it? You are making everyone worried”

Suddenly jaejoong sprung up from where he was sitting and grabs Yunho by the collar of his shirt in anger. He pushes Yunho up against the wall knocking over a few items onto the ground. Upon his back colliding with the wall with such force Yunho let out a painful groan. He made eye contact with Jaejoong and became speechless for word. He had never seen jaejoong look like this before. He was always stubborn, hard headed, doing whatever he wanted and not listening to others. He was strong willed, not letting anyone see his weak side and yet here is the very same man with tears streaming down his big brown eyes.

“This is all your fault!” Jaejoong shouted “You shouldn’t have saved me!!! you should have just let me died when I fell into the ocean!! With that…none of this would have happen!!! You wouldn’t have come to the surface, changmin wouldn’t have to become my enemy, Soonjae and Shinhye wouldn’t have to die!! And I wouldn’t have to feel so horrible!!!”

Yunho didn’t say anything as jaejoong continued “Because of you….I am like this!! It’s all because of you…..!!”

Yunho could see jaejoong’s body shaking as tears continues to fall from his eyes. It pains him to see Jaejoong like this.

“Indeed it is my fault….sorry Jaejoong ah….” Yunho spoke softly

This however didn’t make jaejoong feel better; in fact it only makes him feel even worst as he tightens the grip upon Yunho’s collar “You could have stopped him….you could have saved him…why didn’t you?!”

Now it’s Yunho’s turn to feel frustrated that jaejoong still doesn’t understand how risky it is for Yunho to stay in his dragon form. No matter how many time he explains it, jaejoong just doesn’t seem to understand it or chooses not to care about his own life “If I stay in my dragon form any longer or if I had change to my dragon form a second time, you would have been the one who died….it would be Gummy…Junsu….changmin who will be crying over you”

“I have committed many sins…death is what I deserve but not them! They haven’t done anything wrong and yet they were killed! If you have to save someone…they are more deserving to be saved!”

Yunho begin to lose his cool. He had wanted to come here and try to comfort jaejoong but instead, he feels the heat burning inside him as anger slowly took over. He grabs jaejoong by the hand that held onto him as he turns the table. Jaejoong ends up slamming his back against the wall as Yunho slams both of his hand on each of his side. This startled him as he looks into Yunho’s eyes glowing a golden light full of anger sending a shiver down his back.

“The only duty I have is to protect you…you are my responsibility…I could care less about the others…”

Jaejoong’s lip curves into a bitter smile “Of course….that is true…I could never count on you to try and save others…a thousand people can die in front of you and you would not lift a finger as long as I am protected…”

This however only fueled Yunho’s anger but he did not say a word

“If this is the kind of person you are…I wish it wasn’t your heart I am sharing….it would have been better for me to die in the deep cold ocean….”

Yunho’s eyes darken numbing jaejoong. For the first time he actually felt fear toward this dragon before him.

“I agree…this must have been my mistake from the beginning…I must have been fooled to think your heart was true and pure….maybe I should have let you died that day…then I wouldn’t have to come to the surface and once again witness the cruelty of humanity….I have seen enough in all the centuries that I have lived…you think seeing two death before your eyes is bad?…imagine seeing hundreds of dragon being hunted…being slain…close family and friends died before your eyes…seeing dragon bride being killed for their heart….seeing them sacrifice themselves to save the dragon they loved…watching countless war rage between the two races…see the once beautiful land stain in blood…the clear blue water turn red…..the air polluted by rioting flesh….I would rather continue to sleep deep under the ocean alone for eternity if it means I wouldn’t have to go through what I did…nothing could have awoken me….the earth could have perished and I wouldn’t open my eyes…and yet a mere child drowning…dying awoken me….it resonated so strong that it tug at my heart…forces me out of where I slept and convinced me to share my life with his thinking that by giving this child a second chance….I will be able to atone to what I have done…to save a life for many that I have taken….but now I am regretting that choice….If I knew you care so little about your life and wish for death then I would have left you to drown and perish deep under the ocean, buried without a grave….then I wouldn’t have to put up with your bull crap right now!”

Jaejoong got angry as he pushes Yunho away who stumbles over the edge of the bed and falls. Jaejoong then got on top of him pushing him down with his arm glaring at him. He was going to say something when a knock came up on the door.

“Is everything okay? We heard things falling and crashing” came Junsu’s voice

It took jaejoong a few seconds to respond “yea….Everything is okay…” he spoke glaring down at Yunho

Junsu doubt everything is okay but he felt like he shouldn’t press onward with his concern. Upon seeing Yunho below him also returning the same intense glare, he got off of him. He only slight turns away when Yunho grabs onto his hand. Jaejoong however responded with his hand raise ready to punch him in the face. Lucky for Yunho, he had gotten use to his violent nature as he grab hold of the other hand and pulls him down onto the bed startling him. He wraps his strong arms around Jaejoong’s slender body who starts to struggle.

“Yah! what are you doing?! Let go of me!” he snapped

Jaejoong tries to hit him, but Yunho have him pin tightly against his own body refusing to let go. The more this beautiful man struggles, the tighter Yunho held onto him.

“Blame me if that will make you feel better…I will shoulder the blame…I will be your target of frustration and anger….but please…value your life a little more jaejoong ah…don’t think that just because you have done wrong that you deserve to live less than the other person….” Yunho spoke softly causing jaejoong to stop struggling “I have lost many people in my life….I have no one dare that I would sacrifice the world for….when I slept under the ocean…I thought for sure I’ll be alone until the day I ascend to nirvana….but then you came along and did the unthinkable….you moved my heart…made me act out something I had always avoided fearing that the person I choose will suffer the fate of death and being hunted…for the first time I have someone I wanted to protect…so don’t tell me you don’t deserve to live and that you would rather die…it really pains me to hear those words…”

Jaejoong could feel Yunho’s warmth upon his body which has calmed him. He was able to think clearly and came to a conclusion that he had done wrong once more “I have thought about it over and over again…trying to figure out the reason for all of this to happen…the reason why ShinHye was killed…the reason why Soonjae killed himself….no matter how many time I think about it…it always comes down to just one answer….and that wasn’t you….it was me…” Jaejoong spoke in a bitter and soft tone of voice “I…have done a lot of things I am not proud off…I have cause endless trouble for everyone…even people that I got along with will get beaten up…get sent to the hospital….some were even near death….and yet it didn’t affect me...they could die fighting at my side and I wouldn’t care because everyone have done something to deserve what they did….rather it hitting others…poking fun of others…destroying things, stealing, terrifying the innocents….all of this brings about nothing but their own demise….” He clenches his fist tightly upon remembering how Soonjae and ShinHye died “but…they…didn’t do anything…they haven’t harm anyone…all they did was came here….risk their life to came here….to warn me of the future….and yet…at the end…they both died….I should have listen to you….if I haven’t taken that cake….you and Gummy wouldn’t have fallen asleep…if I haven’t follow ShinHye to the church…Soonjae and her life would have been spared….if I had run away like I should have, then maybe ShinHye would still be alive….at the end….I was too stubborn…thinking I can protect myself…thinking I can protect those around me….but that wasn’t the case….this made me realize something that I had refuse to acknowledge….it made me realize that I am not as strong I think I am…..even now, I was trying to find someone to blame when in fact it was my own fault….”

“You can’t blame yourself jaejoong…this has been happening since the beginning of time….for as long as I can remember…both dragons and humans alike have sacrificed themselves to protect those they care about….as long as dragon exist….death and bloodshed cannot be prevented….it’s an endless cycle that cannot be broken….” Said Yunho “but because I made you my bride that you have to witness this….for that I am sorry…”

Jaejoong took one look at Yunho and can tell he actually meant it. However to have Yunho apologize again make him feel even worst about himself “I have always been good at keeping promises…only make those I know I can fulfill….I never make promises that I will fail at keeping….and yet….I made a promise to ShinHye to make sure Soonjae can descend to nirvana in peace…but I….” jaejoong’s voice started to break as his body once again started to shake “I…couldn’t keep that promise….at the end….he killed himself….he ascended to nirvana is such a horrible way…”

Yunho could feel jaejoong’s body shaking while desperately trying to hold back the tears that want to come out once more.

“You saw it did you not…” Yunho spoke softly and gently to jaejoong as if to sooth a crying child “in his eyes…he was smiling correct?”

Jaejoong lightly nodded his head

“Then you fulfilled your promise…he may not have gone the way we wanted but none the less…he was happy with his choice and smiled…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything and neither did Yunho as they lay there in each other’s arm in the silence of the room.

“Did you bury we in a beautiful place?” jaejoong asked

“Yes…on a green hill surrounded by flowers looking into the ocean….”

“Thank you…”

Meanwhile, Junsu is out on the balcony along with Yoochun as they kept their eyes out for any hunters planning to make their move for an attack. Even though jaejoong stated everything is fine, he can’t help but be worried.

“Rather than worrying about others…you should worried about yourself first” spoke Yoochun

“What do you mean? I’m fine…”

Yoochun grab onto Junsu’s injured hand that has been bandaged up nicely “You were reckless…”

“What do you expect…I didn’t have anything on me to protect myself while he had not one but two blades…the fact that I got away with just this cut on my arm is already good enough….”

Yoochun glares before turning his attention to the front once more. He wishes that he could have been there and kills that hunter a hundred times for what he did. Junsu could tell he is angry and was probably really worried about him. This thought make him happy but at the same time he wondered rather Yoochun is acting this way because of him or is it because he resemble Xiah.

“Oh…by the way…something strange happen when I was fighting that hunter…I thought I was done for but then…” he took out the pendant “this started to glow and I became very strong…how is that possible?”

“It the same as what the hunter uses…a dragon scale can act as a source of power…hunters uses it to make them stronger in order to be able to stand against a dragon….this scale I give you is the same thing…when you are in trouble…you are able to tap into my power and use it….”

Junsu made a big ‘O’ with his mouth as he looks at the pendant as it shines under the sunlight. He remembers how warm it was when the light covered his body. It wasn’t a scary feeling but rather it was a very nice and comfortable feeling.

“Why are you smiling?” Yoochun asked

“Eh? I’m…I’m not smiling…”

Yoochun grin “are you that happy to know that you can tap into my power?”

“O-of course not…” Junsu blushed as Yoochun chuckled

“Whenever you are in danger and I can’t get to you…use it to protect yourself Junsu…and try not to get injured…it worries me every time you do….”

Junsu pauses as he turn lower his gaze “is it…because I look like xiah that you are worried about me?” he asked in a soft and low voice

“Eh? What did you say?”

“Nothing…nothing at all” Junsu quickly spoke with a nervous smile hoping Yoochun didn’t hear what he had just said out loud “b-by the way…what are we going to do now?”

Yoochun didn’t answer at first because he isn’t sure himself what their next move will be. What they do next will most likely depend on what the hunters plan to do. All he knows is that right now the most important thing is protecting Jaejoong and that golden heart. He slightly turns his head to look at Junsu who is still waiting for him to answer. Not only does Jaejoong needs to be protected by Junsu will also need to be protected. He went against his own family, against his own brother who is now the head of the dragon hunter. Most likely they will also hunt for Junsu, probably killing him for betrayal.

“Hello?...Yoochun?”

“ah…sorry…regarding our plan…there isn’t one at the moment….all we can do is stay put….there are too many news headlines out there capturing the dragons and the hunters….I can assume that the hunters won’t make a move anytime soon either…for now we will just have to rest up and be ready for anything…”

“I figure as much…” sigh Junsu as he looks into the horizon where his grandfather mansion stood. The expression on his face was still one of worried.

“What about you? What are you going to do?”

Junsu looks at Yoochun a bit before smiling bitterly “there isn’t anything I can do….I stood against my own family…went against the bloodline that flows inside me… By now changmin probably figure out that I was the one who undo the invisible shield…just knowing this….there is no way I can return to that house…nor could I return to changmin….although…I do worry about him a lot… I fear he is taking a path that will end in heart break and pain….I wish I could help him…but even I’m not sure how to help him…without grandfather there…there isn’t anyone else there who understands him…who believes in him and will support him….all the people that he treasure has left his side…he is now alone…”

“He still has his parent…and not to mention the rest of the family…”

“heh…don’t count on our parent to be loving people….they only do what is necessary as a parent…nothing more…and nothing less…there is no love there Yoochun….and as for the rest of the family….they are just following the long tradition of not disobeying the main house…they are just carrying out their duty…they are like a pack of wolves waiting for the right moment to take the leader down and take its position and power….” He lifts his gaze up to the sky as a soft breeze blew pass “I just hope…everything end well….”

Changmin sat in the forbidden room where his grandfather uses to sit behind the large brown desk surrounded by all sorts of artifacts regarding dragons and hunters. No one else is in the room as he sat there in silence completely in a world of his own. The event that took place replays in his mind over and over again. Remembering how Soonjae killed himself seem to torment Changmin a little knowing that it was the cause of him. Even his cheek where Jaejoong hit still throbs as if it was just an hour ago when he got hit. Everything that he had planned didn’t go as he expected it to. He was only planning to have Soonjae come with him willingly without any fight…without any death. However someone killed Shinhye as a way to create chaos. Someone among the group wishes for destruction so this person targeted ShinHye which will then make Soonjae angry forcing him to take his dragon form. It even causes a misunderstanding with Jaejoong who now thinks he purposely have ShinHye kill. If it wasn’t for Yunho, this city and everyone in it would have been wipe out clean. But now the question remains…who within the group is acting out behind his back? Who is holding a long hidden sword waiting for the right moment to use it?

“YongHwa…”

Upon his name, YongHwa appears as he bows to changmin “you called?”

“What is ByungChul up to?” changmin asked

“I have been keeping an eye on him and so far I haven’t seen any strange movement…however….during the fight against the Shadow dragon…I notice he was missing from the group…”

Changmin pauses as he think about what YongHwa had just said, could it be that the person who order to have ShinHye killed was ByungChul? He begins to think more about it as he recalls MinSeok at the family gathering. Something about him didn’t settle well with changmin. While everyone gathered to fight the dragon, only he made an excuse to remain behind which to changmin is a little suspicious.

“I want you to find out who was the one that shot that woman with the arrow….”

This surprised YongHwa causing him to hesitate a little “There were so many people there…finding the exact person will not be easy…”

“If you refuse to do it…then shall I?”

YongHwa could feel the coldness from Changmin’s eyes as he quickly bows “I’ll do my best…”

“I have a feeling that an outsider is hiding within the group….someone who doesn’t belong is using us as a cover to act out his or her own plan….and I want this person found…if he or she has any connection to Byungchul….get rid of him”

The way changmin spoke wasn’t like him at all. It was cold, harsh and he didn’t even hesitate upon the mention of having someone killed. The normal changmin wouldn’t have said such a thing. But then again, this is what it takes to continue to be at his position, to show no sympathy, no weakness and just full authority. He thought for sure Changmin wouldn’t be able to pull off being the new head of the shim family and that he will crack under pressure. But it seems he was mistaken, changmin maybe as crazy as his grandfather over dragons but like his grandfather he is also very sharp and smart.

“Very well…”

Changmin gestures for him to leave as he bows once more before walking toward the door and exited the room. Changmin is once again left alone to pounder about the entire situation. Even though it didn’t end up the way he wanted it to…he did manage to fulfill one goal and that is exposing the existence of dragon as well as their group. With so many headlines, rumors and stories spreading like wild fire, neither they nor the dragons could move freely. In the meantime, he will have to dig up some few things himself and learn what he can regarding the other branches of this god forsaken family line. He will need to deal with those who will most likely go against him before they decide to ruin any more of his plans, this also included YongHwa who he barely have any info on. He digs into his pocket and took out a small shard, the size of his thumb of what is left of a dragon scale. He found it among the debris when Soonjae killed himself. He lifts it to the ceiling light and as expected, no light reflects upon it. At the thought that he had gotten his hand on a small part of a shadow dragon’s scale made him smile. With this, no one will be able to oppose him.

A few hours passed before Yunho finally emerge from the bedroom. This time he actually opens the door and closes it behind him unlike earlier how he just walked through the door. Upon the door opening and closing, Gummy quickly walks over.

“Where is jaejoong? Is he okay? Is he coming out? Should I make him his favorite food? Hopefully you didn’t so anything strange to me?”

Yunho only glance at her before walking passes her and into the living room. Gummy only glares at him before walking up to jaejoong’s bedroom door and lightly knock.

“Jaejoong ah…are you okay? are you hungry? Can I come inside?” she asked

It was a good minute before she heard his voice from the other side “I’m fine…don’t worry about me…”

To Gummy, his voice sounded horsy almost as if he has been crying. In all of the years that she had known him, she had never seen him cry or see any weakness from him. But at this moment just his voice alone, she could tell he is sadden, something had happen for him to show such weakness. This made her angry, not knowing what had happen made her even angrier because she felt helpless unable to help him like how he had helped her. She believes this must have something to do with Yunho as she storms down the hallway and into the living room. She glares at him and then at junsu as well as Yoochun.

“I don’t care how you people are related to jaejoong but I want all of you out of this place!” she snapped while pointing to the door no longer fearing them.

Junsu glances at Yoochun who didn’t seem to care nor did Yunho.

“I said get out!! Don’t make me call the police to come you out of this apartment!”

When none of them move, she went to her purse and dig out her phone. She took it out and was about to dial a number when Yunho suddenly appear before her startling her. He took her phone and she watches in complete shock as it floated in midair as water came out of nowhere submerging her phone completely destroying it. She then watches as the water disappears and the phone landed on Yunho’s hand. He looks at her a bit and places the now wet phone back into the palm of her hand. It took her a few minutes to fully register what she just saw as she felt the wetness of her phone. Gummy immediately sprinted toward the door but Yoochun was already standing there blocking her. She looks back to Junsu and swore he was just standing there next to him a minute ago. She look at Yoochun and then at Yunho in fear before stumbling into the kitchen and took out a knife.

“W-who are you people? w-what are you?!”

“C-calm down…put the knife away…” Junsu spoke

He tried to get close as she swings it around “D-don’t come near me!!”

This causes Junsu to step back but this only made Yoochun angry.

“How dare you try to harm him?” he glares at Gummy as he rise his hand

Gummy watches as little sparks begin to appear in the palm of Yoochun’s hand before a bright and hot flame appear out of nowhere. Her expression changed for the worst reflecting fright. Junsu quickly reaches out and grab Yoochun’s hand.

“Yah…stop it…it’s not helping our situation” Junsu spoke to him

Upon his words, Yoochun folded his fingers into a fist as the flame disappears. He glares at her once more before walking away. Junsu sigh before turning toward Gummy once more attempting to calm her.

“I know you are scare…but I assure you they are good people…”

“STAY AWAY FROM ME!!” she shouted loudly pointing the knife at Junsu once more

Upon her shouting, Jaejoong emerge from his bedroom and into the living room “What is going on?”

See him standing there; Gummy felt the need to protect him as she storms over to him. She stood in front of him holding the knife toward the trio.

“Don’t worry Jaejoong ah…I’ll protect you…I’ll free you from that monster!” she glares at Yunho who seem very calm throughout the entire thing.

“Protect me?” Jaejoong look at the terrify expression on Gummy’s face to the long knife in her hand. He then turns his attention to an irritated Yoochun, a nervous Junsu and a calm Yunho. He could picture what exactly is going on. The silence in the room suddenly is filled with soft laughter from Jaejoong. This surprise everyone but the one who is very surprise is Gummy. She had never seen him laugh like this before. She had only seen him make fake smiles, chuckle a little here and there and always wear this cold expression. To see him laugh with so much passion made her speechless but at the same time made her relieve that he is well enough to even laugh.

“Aren’t you laughing a little too much?” Yunho asked

It took a good minute before jaejoong finally stop laughing “S-sorry…this…this is just too funny…”

“It’s not a laughing matter” said Junsu

Jaejoong turn around to try and control his laughter and only turn back to them once it is under control. He places his hand upon Gummy’s shoulder and smile at her “You don’t need to protect me Gummy…everything is alright…they aren’t dangerous people…they are my friends…”

“F-friends?! Have you lost your mind!!…this guy just conjure water out of nowhere!” she pointed to Yunho “and this guy conjured fire!” she pointed to Yoochun “and I don’t even want to know what this guy can conjure up!” she pointed to Junsu

“Actually…I’m normal” Junsu tried to defend himself

Jaejoong look at the two dragons as they avoided his eyes feeling like they had been outed for misbehaving. With the secret already found out by Gummy, jaejoong felt like there is no point in lying to her or making up excuses.

“Gummy…lets…have a talk…I’ll explain everything to you…”

Gummy only looks at the trio once more before following jaejoong back into his bedroom with the knife still in her hand for protection. Once inside she closes the door before working on moving the desk to block the door.

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong asked

“We need to protect ourselves…what if they decided to attack?”

“Gummy….they won’t harm us…if anything…they will protect us….”

“Protect? Since when do you calmly allow yourself to be protected by others…you are accepting them way to easy which is unlike you….”

Jaejoong sigh “What I am about to tell you may seem unbelievable….it might even sound like I am making it up or lost my mind…but please…listen to me carefully….”

“Will everything be okay?” Junsu asked

“IF not…I’ll just erase her memory” said Yunho

“Wait…you can do that? Than why didn’t you?”

“I don’t want to touch something that is not meant to be touched…not to mention it will upset Jaejoong…it’s best to let him handle her…”

Junsu couldn’t help but agree with Yunho.

Jaejoong and Gummy was in his room for a good few hours as Jaejoong told her everything that had taken place from when he fell into the water, how Yunho save his life and made him his bride and everything that had happen up to this point. Just hearing this from him, Gummy wasn’t sure what to think. Should she believe him or should she get him some professional help. But considering what she just saw from Yunho and Yoochun, this story could be true. After everything has been explained, neither of them said a word. Silence fills the room for a good few minutes before Gummy spoke first

“When….when did you remember?” she asked in a soft voice regarding his past memory that was once forgotten.

“When I meet Yunho…after he push me off the cliff and into the ocean…everything that I had forgotten came flooding back…”

Gummy clenches the handle of the knife tightly upon the thought that Yunho actually dare to do such a thing.

“Show me…” she poke “Show me the flower symbol you spoke of….the so call bridal marking…”

Jaejoong sigh before removing his shirt to fully expose his upper torso. Right where his heart lies, a beautiful flower is engraved into his flesh. Upon seeing it, Gummy became shock as she slowly stood up and walks over to jaejoong. She reaches over and touches the flower coming to a realization that it’s not something that could easily be removed. She lightly traces the petals with her long finger as the expression on her face became bitter.

“This…this is the bridal marking of a dragon….the proof that you and him are connected in one life….the joining of a single heart….”

“Yea…”

“Through this…he saved your life…give you a chance to live….but at the same time…put you in danger….”

Jaejoong took a few seconds to answer as he says “yea…”

“And he will protect you…at all cost….he won’t let anyone harm you…”

“Yea…”

Gummy became quiet as jaejoong wonder rather she is okay and what she could be thinking right now. Does she even believe him or does she think he is just making this entire thing up? After a few minutes, Gummy took a step back, places the knife onto the desk and push the desk away from the door.

“Wait…Gummy…” Jaejoong slip his shirt back on as she opens the door and exited the room “Gummy…”

He follows her into the hallway as she approaches Yunho and without any warning she slaps him across the face shocking everyone. Jaejoong quickly walks over to her and pulls her back as he pray Yunho don’t submerge her in water for that.

“Why…why does it have to be you? You put him in danger….you almost had him kill….he will be hunted for an eternity because you made him into what he is now….you bind him to you giving him no way out…no way to escape the possible death at every corner he turns….” she glares at him as her eyes begin to get watery

“Gummy…please calm down” Jaejoong spoke to her

“Wasn’t his life already full of dangerous causalities?…fighting people…stealing…vandalizing…setting fire to people’s property….it’s only a matter of time before he ends up dead…” spoke Yunho

“oi…” Jaejoong glares at Yunho gesturing that he is not helping at all

“yes…that is true…that’s how he had live his life and I’m still angry that he choose to live that way….but that was his choice….his decision….those mistakes will teach him life lessons…those mistakes will still give him a chance to walk out…give him a chance to become a better person….but this…what you had done….there is no way he will ever be safe again….these…these so call dragon hunters…they will continue to hunt him for as long as he live….in order to obtain his heart….the heart you give him…”

Yunho took one look at gummy and spoke “You aren’t angry with me because I put him in a dangerous situation are you? In fact you are thankful I saved him as a child…otherwise you will never meet him….you are angry with me because he now belongs to someone else…the heart you hope to obtain…the heart of love you wish to have…isn’t his but mine…you realize that your effort of gaining his love and affection will be useless because no matter what you do…he still belongs to me….”

“Oi Yunho….stop it!” Jaejoong glares

Gummy clenches her fist tightly as she glares at Yunho. A few seconds later her lips curves into a smile “yes…that is true…”

Jaejoong turn to look at Gummy a bit surprise “Gummy…you…”

“I love him! I love him since the day I pick him up from the street and nurse him to health…you may have save his life…but I also saved his life too…I rescue him from the dark and rise him…fed him…give him a home…a family…..and what about you? you claim to be an all mighty dragon of the sea and yet you left him to drown in anger…in sorrow….you left him to fight for his own survival…if it wasn’t for me…your bride would have been dead on the street…you should be thanking me...”

The tension between Yunho and Gummy raises as the atmosphere became awkward. Junsu only exchange looks with Yoochun “What…is going on?”

“Who knows…this is their problem…” said Yoochun

Junsu couldn’t help but think that Yunho might unleash a wave of water in anger into this apartment drowning them all.

“You are right….I am thankful….so thank you…” Yunho spoke surprising everyone including Gummy who thought for sure he will continue to argue with her “I did left him alone after rescuing him thinking he will be fine on his own….I have no excuses for that…and it is you who save him….if it wasn’t for you…he would have been dead…for that I am thankful…”

Gummy is now speechless unsure of what to say. With him thanking her and showing how sincere he is seems to decrease her anger. It even made her like him a little more thinking he might not be as bad as she thought. She let out a deep breath as she calm herself

“I am still angry…I really don’t want jaejoong to be near you fearing he will face all sorts of danger….but knowing what you are….what you are capable of doing…only you can insure his safety…you have already proven that by saving his life multiple times….I will not report you or go against you…But that doesn’t mean I’ll leave his side either….I don’t care what you are…rather you are a human…a monster….demon or even a dragon….you better protect jaejoong well…if anything were to happen to him or if he dies….I’ll kill you myself”

“I’ll keep that in mind…”

“Wait…does this mean the fight is over?” Junsu ask Yoochun

“Seems like it…”

Gummy turn to jaejoong and upon seeing the confuse look on his face and how he is suddenly caution of her, she smiles at him “Jaejoong ah….”

“Yes…”

“I love you…not as a little brother but as a man…as a possible partner….” She confessed

“Eh?”

“Oi…now this is turning into a confession?” Junsu whisper to Yoochun

“I think so…” said Yoochun as he look at Yunho to see how he is reacting but it doesn’t look like this bothers him at all.

“I had always loved you…I had hope to change myself to be suited for you…to make you fall in love with me….but…now I know that it’s impossible…not because you are now a bride of a dragon…which to me is still ridiculous how a man become a bride…and it’s quite funny if you think about it….but because you don’t feel the same way I do…do you? in your view I’m your family…I am like your older sister who you want to protect….”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as Gummy continue “I am not making my feeling clear to you to ruin the bond we have nor is it a way to walk away from your side….I am making my feeling clear so that I can put a closure to my feeling…to my heart and move forward….I hope by knowing this you won’t treat me any differently…continue to treat me the same…continue to act the same around me instead of being caution of my presence or feel like you have done something horrible by not returning my feeling…”

“Gummy…I…”

Gummy reach out her hand to him “can we still be family? Continue how we are like a pair of troublesome siblings?”

Jaejoong looks at gummy who is standing before him full of courage to confess her feeling and at the same time stated she still wants him as her family with a wide smile on her face. He couldn’t help but admire her as his lip curves into a smile. He reaches out his hand and grasps her hand in his.

“Yes…you are pretty hard to replace you know…”

Gummy glance at Yunho and he swore he saw her smirk as she pulls Jaejoong toward her and kisses him on the lip right in front of everyone.

Meanwhile, YongHwa enters the home of ByungChul as he walks down the long stairs leading to a hidden room within the estate. He pushes open the door and enters the room where ByungChul sat. To his surprise joining him in the room over a cup of tea is MinSeok with a wide smile on his face. He glance around the room but did not see Boa making him wonder what exactly these two were talking about by themselves.

“What brings you here?” ByungChul asked

“Why don’t you ask him?” YongHwa gesture to MinSeok

ByungChul turn to MinSeok “what does he mean?”

“Let me guess…the young master has asked for you to search into the person responsible for killing that woman…” said MinSeok calmly

“why did you do it? We could have capture the shadow dragon….we were close…he was willing to come with us? We wouldn’t have to even fight against the dragons…”

MinSeok place the cup down “My deepest apologies….it wasn’t part of the plan…but it did give us an opportunity to obtain what we need from the shadow dragon…”

“But do you mean…”

“do you know why shadow race is feared? Why the other dragons fought to push them into hiding?”

“Yes…”

“Then you also know what their blood can do…” said MinSeok

YongHwa became quiet as a sign that indeed he does know this fact.

“What exactly are you planning to do?”

MinSeok stood up from his chair “You will know in due time…for now find someone else to blame…bring that person to the young master for Boa still have a very important task ahead of her…our future depends on her success….”

“From here on out…you will support her fully YongHwa” spoke ByungChul

YongHwa looks at MinSeok and then at ByungChul getting this sickening feeling in his stomach like something big is about to go down.

In the meantime Boa is seen standing on the rooftop of a building across from Jaejoong’s apartment complex. She looks directly through the window into jaejoong’s apartment seeing the commotion that is taking place inside. She witnessed Gummy kissing Jaejoong, how desperate Yunho was pulling Jaejoong away from her in rage, see Junsu holding Yunho back from drowning Gummy while she smirks and Yoochun who only shook his head. She looks directly at Yunho seeing how angry he got from Gummy stealing a kiss from jaejoong made her heart ached as her chest tighten painfully. In the past he had never shown this kind of reaction toward her when other guys make a move on her or tries to touch her. When even she flirts openly to make him jealous it didn’t faze him one bit. And yet, a single kiss upon his bride from another woman completely made him bonkers.

Upon her chest where her heart lies a little blue light started to shine. Yunho who was ready to unleash a storm came to a complete stop as he felt a Bing in his heart. He turns his attention toward the window but no one was there giving him an uneasy feeling.

Boa had return to her room and removed her cloak before her shirt. She walks over to the mirror and look at herself before touching the little blue stone made of a dragon scale fused with her flesh.

“It won’t be long now my dear Yunho….my blue dragon of the deep…"