Chapter 28

Dragon bride

When Yoochun came into Jaejoong’s room he immediately felted what Yunho felted as his gaze falls upon the pool of water on the ground. A powerful magic was casted within the room using the essence of water. It was very similar to Yunho as the image of Boa flashed before his eyes. The expression on his face changes as he suddenly felt nervous. With so many things happening, it had completely slipped his mind regarding Boa. Even though he wanted to keep quiet about it, he knew he will have to tell Yunho the truth especially when Boa herself has appeared.

“Yunho…” he calls out to him with a serious look on his face “I need to tell you something…”

Without even turning to face Yoochun and still crouching on the floor, Yunho spoke “Tell me later….I has to get jaejoong back…”

Yunho reaches out and attempts to put his hand through the pool of water when he felt some kind of invisible shield preventing him from entering.

“The entrance has been blocked…” he spoke as he stood up

“What should we do?” Junsu asked a bit worried about Jaejoong

Yunho stood there with an irritated expression on his face. His right hand started to glow a bluish light as water begin to appear wrapping around his hand floating in midair.

“It may be blocked…but it doesn’t mean I can’t break it” he spoke

In the meantime, jaejoong stood in front of Boa as they look at each other. When he spoke her name as if he is familiar with her, it did take her by surprise. This was the first time they had meet and yet Jaejoong recognized her right away as if they had seen one another before. She scans him from head to toe examining every inch of his body and she hates to admit it but Jaejoong does look beautiful. It’s as if a maiden has been reincarnated with the same beauty but in the body of a man. Just thinking that Yunho would choose him over her to be his bride is a little irritating.

“It surprises me that you knew my name…did Yunho tell you about me?” she asked

“Even if he didn’t…I would still recognize you…”

Boa looks at jaejoong strangely when it finally clicks as her lip curves into a wide smile “I see…so that’s how it is….you had tapped into the stream of connection between a bride and the dragon….you took a peek at his memories…at his past without permission…”

“Don’t make it sound like I did it on purpose or that I wanted to see it… it just happen…and for one thing everything that Yunho have done so far....he had never once asked for my permission so why should I ask for his permission…”

“You have quite the personality…”

“I’ll take that as a compliment…” said jaejoong as he looks around "just what is this place? is this the world of the dead or something?"

Boa only smiles at jaejoong as she spoke “It is a secret place hidden in time and space, created by the water dragons...only through the use of water will the gateway to this place open up....long ago Yunho once brought me here....back then he didn’t care much for kinship…or friends….Yunho was the type who keeps to himself and always have on a bored expression…the only time he actually acts like a child instead of a middle age man is when he was with his parents….but after his mother died…his personality became worst…barely interacting and barely interested in anything…it took quite some time for him to warm to Yoochun and me…but I guess it was nice to know that compare to others…he saw us as important…only we were able to know what kind of person he really is…and only I was allow to see his weakness….but to think he will choose a man as his bride is beyond me…maybe he was just attracted by your face…”

“That could be the reason…a lot of people are attracted to me because of my looks…but let’s face the fact….the man you desperately want…chose me to be his bride instead of you…he hesitated at accepting you….but he didn’t as much as hesitate a bit when he made his decision of me…” Grin jaejoong

Boa shot him a glare “are you sure you want to pick a fight with me? You won’t win…”

“Doesn’t mean I won’t try…to be honest…I kind of want to kick your even though you are a woman…”

Boa looks at him a bit intrigue by his bravery. But then again, she had witness countless fights that he and Yunho got involve in so it’s only expected that he will face her head on even if it’s a losing fight. It kind of made her understand why Yunho would choose someone like him.

“Your eyes reflect hatred toward me whom you have never met, why is that?” Boa asked

“Because you betrayed the person whom you say you loved…”

Boa shot him another look but none the less her lips curve into a smile “I have my reasons…”

“You betrayed the one person who trusted you most…who saw you as an important person in his life over the reason of being rejected …indeed that is a legit reason to stab him in the back… that alone deserve to a beating in my book” said jaejoong

Upon these words, Boa glares at jaejoong feeling like not only did he saw into Yunho’s past but had also saw right into her most painful memories.

“You stated I betrayed him…but it was him who betrayed me first…he misguided me…made me misunderstand….he gives me false hope….false love and affection…he made me think that I am special…he made me felt like I would be the only person in the world who understands him, who can support and treasure him….but at the end…he lied to me…he broke my heart…he made me feel embarrassed, humiliated to the point of wanting to hide…”

“That is not betrayal…it was your own misunderstanding…you can’t put the blame on him…”

Boa looks at jaejoong before shaking her head with a pitiful smile “how naïve….like you I was naïve once…mislead…made into a fool by him…he makes you feel safe, promising you of protection…but at the end the one he will hurt the most is the one he promise to protect…you will understand me when it is your turn to feel the pain….”

“No matter what Yunho do…I will not betray him…”

“Words are easy to say…promise is easy to make…but action is unpredictable and harder to carry out…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as Boa walks around him like a predator circling its prey “I’ll give you an advice dragon bride…don’t trust him…don’t let yourself open up to him…that will be the biggest mistake you will ever make…”

Jaejoong was quiet for a bit getting a very bad vibe from Boa as he spoke “I have been wondering this…why have you brought me here? What is it that you want from me? I highly doubt it’s to warn me….Don’t tell me you are planning to use me as bait to lure Yunho here…”

Boa finally stop walking as she turns to face him “I wanted to help you…”

Jaejoong raise an eyebrow “help?”

“Help free you of your fate…free you of being a dragon bride…free of being hunted…being bonded to a dragon…sharing a single heart and life force…they will surely tell you there is no escape…but what if I tell you that there is a way?” Boa smiled

“Isn’t that the same as me dying to escape?”

“It does not involve death…you will still be alive and well…you can return to your normal life…you will no longer be bond to the dragon nor will you be a dragon bride any longer…that heart that lies inside you that belongs to the dragon can be turn into human flesh…it will become a human heart….this is something Yunho knows but chose not to tell you…” her lips curves into a grin

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he stood there staring at her debating if this is some kind of trick. If it’s not, then why didn’t Yunho tell him there is a way out? Was he planning to keep this from him until the end?

Meanwhile Changmin sat on the window frame in his bedroom completely deep in thoughts. His shirt left revealing his upper torso as the light reflected upon his skin. The dark dragon scale embedded into his flesh also glimmers upon the sunlight. The room is quiet as his thoughts wondered back to last night.

*Flash back*

Changmin followed YongHwa down the darken hallway and toward a room. He took note of two guards standing by the door as they wore the uniform of hunters. He enters the room right after YongHwa did and also notices a few other hunters inside. Kneeling on the ground, gasping, coughing and in pain is a man in his late 30’s. His arms have been tied behind his back as his face is covered in bruises, cuts and crimson redness. Right below him is a small pool of blood possibly created by those falling from his mouth, nose and cuts on his face. Even his eyes were darken and swollen as changmin isn’t sure if he could even open them to recognize him. Upon this sight, changmin felt his stomach turns. None the less he controlled himself as he walks up to the guy and bends down toward him.

“Upon whose order are you following if it is not mine?” he asked

The guy didn’t respond, he only moans, gasping from pain and pants.

“I’ll ask you again…whose order did you followed if it is not mine?” he asked this time a little louder

The guy finally lifts his gaze from the ground and looks at changmin “A leader who would have been better then you…” he grins

This upset Changmin and before he knew it, his fist had already collided with the guy’s face as he stumbles onto the ground. He glares at him before standing up

“YongHwa…did you find out who is the person that had sent him?”

“We have questioned him but he refuses to tell us anything…all we were able to find out is that it’s someone from a distant branch…”

Changmin looks at everyone before shouting “Get out…leave me alone to question him”

This startles YongHwa “but changmin…you”

Changmin glares at him “Do not make me repeat myself…”

YongHwa looks at him before looking down at the other guy. He let out a heavy sigh before bowing “I’ll obey your order...”

With a gesture of his hand, everyone else in the room left. Changmin of course took note at how well they all obeyed Yonghwa. For one thing changmin is the leader and yet none of them move an inch when he asked for them to leave. But by a single gesture form YongHwa they all left. As the door closes changmin turn his gaze to the guy lying on the ground. He let out a sigh

“Why did you do it? what was the purpose of killing that woman? What does your master hope to gain from agitating the shadow dragon?” he asked

The guy only grins “I will never tell you…”

“If you tell me the truth…I’ll let you go…”

Upon this the guy finally stop grinning “let me go?...”

“Yes…I will release you from the family…you can live however you wanted….all you have to do is tell me who the person you are following and what is her or his true aim…”

The guy didn’t say anything for a few seconds before speaking “You can’t guarantee my safety if I were to reveal the truth…”

“Yes I can…”

“You are still new changmin shhi….your aren’t your grandfather…you don’t hold the true absolute power and authority of the entire shim family….there are those who believe you aren’t worthy…there are those who think you aren’t strong enough or have the ability to carry the entire weight of the shim family….there are those who is only pretending to follow and agree with you for the sake of turning on you….you have no support…no one in this family to stand at your side…” the guy chuckles through painful gasp “you don’t have the power to protect anyone…let alone someone like me who will face death by revealing the truth…”

Changmin didn’t say anything; there wasn’t anything else for him to say because that was the truth. It’s not like he didn’t realize it, he have known it since the first day he took over his grandfather’s position. A majority of the family branches are just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. He bends down and reaches out to grab onto the guy to attempt to pull him back into a kneeling position when something strange happen. The minute he touches the other guy he felt a small sparks within his finger causing him to pull away. For a second he also heard something, a voice in his head surprising him. Changmin pauses a bit before reaching out to touch the guy again and like earlier he felt the sparks in his finger as a voice echoed into his head.

“No matter what I can’t tell him…if I do…I’ll surely be killed…”

Changmin releases the other guy and the sparks went away as well as the voice. He begins to ponder, wondering what is going on. It was at this moment that he remember speaking to the shadow dragon and the scale that has been embedded into his flesh. Could this be the power of the shadow dragon scale? And that voice, could that be the inner thoughts of this person he touched? Does this mean that if he touches someone, he could hear their inner thoughts, hear the truth? To test out this theory, changmin grabs the guy by the arm as he felt his mind becoming distorted until his own thoughts were push aside as another took over.

“I have to protect her…if I died…she will be okay…they will release her once this matter has been resolve…I just have to convince changmin that I was the one who shot that woman…that I was the one who betrayed him….as long as he believe it was me…everything will be okay…”

Changmin pulls his hand away as he looks at the guy who looks at him in confusion unsure what is going on or what is changmin trying to do. He watches as the expression on changmin’s face became softer. To his surprise, changmin pulls him into a sitting position with gentleness before untying his arms.

“W-what are you doing?” the guy asked in a panic

“I’m letting you go…”

“Why?!” he shouted “I was the one who shot her with the arrow? I was the one who ruin your plan?! You should punish me…kill me?!”

Changmin stood up “indeed…I should kill you…but…I will not kill an innocent man…”

This surprised the guy as he begin to panic unsure what he said or did that will backfire on him. He immediately reaches out and grab onto Changmin’s leg frantically “kill me?! I’m begging you?! Kill me! I was the one who shot her!! It wasn’t anyone else!!”

Changmin could see the desperation reflected in those eyes. This man was willing to take the blame and the punishment in order to save the person who was held captive in order to make him act as the culprit “I will not kill you…”

The guy didn’t know what else to do, he have to get changmin to kill him in order for this act to be completed. He saw a knife nearby sitting on the table as he rushes toward it and grab hold of it. He raises it above him holding the blade toward him.

“If you won’t kill me! I’ll kill myself…they will believe that it was you who did it”

“Have you lost your mind?!”

“The one who lost his mind is you! You are the leader of the shim family! You should have punished someone like me who went against you…who killed someone without your permission…but instead you are letting me go…! Just what kind of leader are you?!”

“I am one who will find out the truth before punishing someone…a leader who will not sentence death upon an innocent person…one who will help if it’s needed…” said changmin “and you…you need my help do you not? I can help you…just tell me who is making you take the blame and I’ll punish that person…”

The guy looks at changmin as he could tell he meant it.

“If someone is threatening to harm someone close to you to get you to sacrifice your life…then tell me…I’ll help you save this person…I’ll even help you two escape…”

It took the guy a few seconds before he spoke “you…really aren’t meant to lead the shim family…a family that has bath both in dragon and human blood….” He spoke softly before looking up at changmin “you try to act your part…but at the end your heart is too soft…you won’t be able to fight against these people who will betray you….” he clenches the handle of the knife tightly “Sorry changmin shhi….”

Before changmin could do anything the guy had already slit his own throat as blood gushes out as a few droplets got onto Changmin’s clothes. His unconscious body falls onto the ground as a pool of blood begin to form. Changmin’s eyes widen in complete shock as he felt his body shaken upon someone killing himself before him. It took a few minutes before changmin was able to regain his senses as he bends down and took the knife in his hand. At this moment the door open as YongHwa appears

“Is everything alright?” he asked before looking at the dead body on the ground. In his view the guy’s neck has been slit and the blood knife is in changmin’s hand.

Changmin was quiet for a bit before standing up and turning to face YongHwa. He walks over toward him and handed the knife to him “with him dead…this matter has been resolve…clean this up right away”

After saying that, he walks out of the room leaving YongHwa behind.

*End of flash back*

Changmin looks down at his hand remembering how he was able to tap into the other guy’s inner thoughts and find out the truth. If this is one of the powers granted to him by the shadow dragon, he can easily find out the culprit. Thinking back to what the guy had told him, there seem to be more than one person who is plotting against him. In order to win, he will have to act out first and remove all the bad eggs.

Junsu stood there and watched as the floating water around Yunho’s hand started to take form as a long sword appear out of nowhere. It glows the same blue light as Junsu couldn’t take his eyes off of it. Yunho took hold of the handle and raise the blade above the pool of water on the ground. He whispers a few words that Junsu couldn’t understand.

“What is he doing?” Junsu asked Yoochun

“The shield that was casted to block the gateway could only be broken by the blade of water….a sword that has been passed down from one water dragon to another…to break a water shield…will require something of equal strength….”

“So it’s like fighting water with water….” Said Junsu

“Exactly…”

“But…are there other water dragons beside Yunho?”

“He is the last of his kind…”

“Then…who else could possess such water power?”

Yoochun didn’t answer as his expression changes. He knows who is responsible as he still recalls the day Yunho handled his dragon scale to Boa. It was the first time Yunho had given his scale to anyone other than a chosen bride. It was supposed to act as a protection charm that she wore around her neck like a piece of jewelry. Who would have thought that after all these centuries, that horrible woman will embedded it into her flesh and use the power to create more chaos?

The sword in Yunho’s hand glows brighter as he stabs it into the pool of water. A gust of wind blew causing a few items in the room to fly about in the room. The pool of water started to shake as ripples were created. Junsu saw something in the pool of water glows before shattering like glasses and disappear. The sword also turns to water and disappear.

“You two stay here…I’m going to go and bring jaejoong back” said Yunho

Yoochun of course didn’t think this was a good idea as he reaches out and grab onto Yunho’s arm to stop him “You don’t know where this gateway leads to or who it is on the other side… could be a trap lay out for you”

“Regardless if it’s a trap or not…I will bring jaejoong back…”

Yoochun can’t help but get this terrible feeling that the person Yunho will most likely meet on the other side is Boa. Before that happens, he will need to warn Yunho first of her.

“Yunho…listen to what I am about to tell you…it’s important…”

Upon being delay, Yunho was getting irritated “Yoochun…I’ll listen to what you have to say after I bring jaejoong back…right now I don’t know what is happening to him…”

“Yunho…”

No longer wanting to listen, Yunho yank his arm away from Yoochun and turn his gaze to the pool of water with a serious look on his face.

“I cannot stand another minute not knowing what has become of him…” said Yunho “Yoochun…I have to go to him…”

Yoochun pauses, a bit surprise by Yunho’s reaction. In all the years, centuries that he had known Yunho, this is the first time he had seen him acted this way.

“Very well…but whatever or whoever you will face, be careful…don’t let your emotion get the better of you…”

“Don’t worry…I’ll be fine…you will be able to take care of the problem on this end if any arises correct?”

“Yea…”

Yunho step into the pool of water and in a second he started to sink into it before disappearing under as if there is a huge body of water under this floor. The room became quiet as Junsu couldn’t believe what he just saw.

“This…this is totally awesome…I have never seen something like this before?” said Junsu

Yoochun didn’t say a word as he still have on a worried look on his face. Junsu turn to face him as the excitement in him faded.

“What’s wrong?” he asked

“I don’t like this…not one bit…”

“What is it that you are worried about? Yunho will rescue jaejoong like usual…”

“The one I am worried about is Yunho….the one who might need saving isn’t Jaejoong but him…”

“Why?”

“Cause he is about to meet someone from the past who should have been nothing but bones…”

Jaejoong and Boa could feel the ground shook as if an earthquake as appear. Boa knew exactly what this meant as the time she has left is coming to an end. She pulls the hood of her cloak over her head to once again cover her face.

“Remember what I just told you Jaejoong shhi…” said Boa

Jaejoong was surprise that she knew his name “have you…been watching me?”

Boa smiled “I have seen and know of everything that has taken place…”

This only made jaejoong suspect that something about her didn’t seem right. Yes, people often say when someone died, their spirit will watch over the living but in this case, it just didn’t felt that way. It’s hard to put into words but Jaejoong felt like Boa might actually be more alive than dead.

“You…”

Right before Jaejoong’s eyes, Yunho appear blocking him, shielding him from the potential enemy with a furious look on his face. He could see Yunho’s golden eyes glowing brightly as the color become more intense. Yunho stood there glaring at Boa who was grinning with excitement as jaejoong felt uneasy of this sudden meeting between these two.

In the meantime, ByungChul has arrived at MinSeok’s mansion as he sat in a private room chatting with one another over a cup of tea and some delicious snacks. Both of them were calm with nothing but smiles on their faces.

“How did it go?” MinSeok finally asked “Did he believe it?”

ByungChul smile became wider as he sat the cup of tea onto a small plate in his hand “Indeed…he even went as far as to kill the guy with his own hand…”

MinSeok looks at ByungChul a bit startle. For one thing Changmin doesn’t look like the type to kill anyone. None the less he drink from his tea “I see…that’s a little unexpected…”

“Like the old saying goes…never judge a book by its cover…”

“Then does this mean that he will not investigate any further into this matter?”

“yes..” said ByungChul “next time try to control her a bit better…we may have been able to put this to a end but I can’t guarantee the next time she does something to draw attention…”

“I’ll keep that in mind…” said MinSeok “How about the preparation? Has it been completed…”

“Yes…I have already spoken to the other branches and they have agreed to work with us…”

“Good…the more people we can get to assist…the better this plan can be carried out…”

Byungchul looks at MinSeok as he spoke “You will keep you words of handing me the golden heart correct?”

“Of course…like I have stated I have no interest in such a thing…”

ByungChul couldn’t help but feel like he can’t fully trust MinSeok. For one thing, who wouldn’t want immortality? For him to willingly give it away to someone else seems suspicious. Not to mention the fact that MinSeok is more interested in the blue dragon. Could it be that the blue dragon has something much more worthy, much more powerful than the golden heart of a dragon bride? That must be it, MinSeok has discovered something that no one else has and that thing has to do with the Blue dragon.

“I have been wondering this…why do you fancy the blue dragon more than thought of immortality? What is it that you want to use the dragon for?”

MinSeok was quiet for a bit as he drink from his cup of tea and sat it down. He lifts his head and meets ByungChul right in the eyes.

“Have you heard about the white dragon?”

“who haven’t….it was rumor that the white dragon was the first of its kind…it was through him that the dragon race was able to flourish and have a place to belong….due to its white scales, the others sees him as a god…a very powerful and strong dragon that isn’t like any other…”

“indeed….it lived for thousands of years watching over the dragons….but it’s hatred toward human was strong….even though it was protective toward its own race…it will not hesitate to kill any human it comes across….as the human race begin to expand and multiplies….his hatred grew stronger…in his view he believes that this world should be rule and lived by dragons only…to him human were a threat to their civilization…in order to create a world free of human…he went on a killing spree….he attacks any village, any city he comes across wiping out half of the human race in a short time….”

“I remember the old guy saying something about that...how the dragon bath so much in human blood that his white scales has started to turn red…”

MinSeok took another sip from his cup of tea “In order to protect what is left of their race…the human made a pact with other dragons who believe that this white dragon has gone too far….they team up and fight the white dragon and end up putting him to an end…. Through this connection…dragons and human became integrated thus started the bridal choosing for a dragon. But this also created a lot of problems and hatred. Human started the hunter’s organization with the belief that dragons are too dangerous to roam this world freely after what the white dragon did. They started to attack dragons…developing weapons and method to fight one on the same level. Surprisingly, human became strong and was able to stand their ground against a beast much powerful and larger than they are. The best of the best were the shim family who discovered the use of dragon scales….”

“But what does this have to do with the blue dragon?”

“All races of dragons are special in their own way…unique both in appearances and the kind of abilities they possess…but the Water dragon race is by far the most respected…why do you think so?”

“They are stronger?”

“That is one of the reasons but the main reason is because they can open up gateways that no one else can… they can altered the past if they wishes…change the future if desire so…through the essence of water, they can also cleanse a mind…erase memories…this is what made them strong” said MinSeok “You see ByungChul….I agree with the white dragon….human race have developed too much…become too advanced that they lost sight of what is important…they polluted the world…destroy its glory and beauty…they cast away their own kind for their own selfish need…in order to stay at the top, they must step over others, push them to the ground…”

Byungchul started to feel uneasy upon MinSeok’s words “what….are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that wiping out the human race like what the white dragon did is a good thing?”

MinSeok smiles widely but he neither confirms nor denies it “My wish and desires can only be granted by the blue dragon….only through him will I witness the re-birth of a new world….only he the last of the water dragon is able to open a gateway to allow what was lost to return….”

ByungChul only sat there and looks at MinSeok. He couldn’t help but get this cold chill down his spine making him uncomfortable. From what MinSeok had said…it sounded almost like he is talking about bringing this world to an end, completely destroying everything and restarting from scratch.

Yunho stood between jaejoong and Boa with a serious look on his face as his eyes started to glow. Boa wasn’t afraid as she continues to smile. Jaejoong on the other hand was nervous unsure of how Yunho will react seeing the woman who betrayed him in the past.

“You got here lot faster than I expected…” Boa spoke

“And you must be wishing for death to take my bride…” said Yunho

Boa only smiles unfazed by the rage emitting from Yunho “I only wanted to chat with him…”

This however only made Yunho angrier as the water below them starts to shake creating multiple ripples. Boa could feel the powerful aura coming from him sending a chill down her spine. She had forgotten how frightening it is when he is angry. Yunho turn to jaejoong as his expression softens upon gazing at his bride to be.

“Are you okay? She didn’t hurt you did she?” he asked

“No…I’m fine…”

Yunho turn his attention back to Boa “Who are you? How did you get your hand on a water dragon’s scale?”

“That is a secret…if you don’t remember…why should I tell you…?” Boa smile

“Then I will just have to force you to tell me…”

Yunho’s hand starts to glow as the water below them begin to wave back and forth. With a swing of his right hand, the water behind Boa took shape like a sharp needle about to pierce her. She quickly turns around and created a water shield to block Yunho’s attack.

“You will have to do better than that if you want me to talk?!” she shouted happily

Yunho starts to glow in a blue light as he glances at Jaejoong before turning his attention back to Boa. With a whisper of a word the water below them begin to rise creating a large water box around Yunho and Boa. Jaejoong was left out as he stood on the other side of the wall.

“OI! What are you planning to do?” jaejoong asked

“its better you stay there…it’s safer…” said Yunho

“Are you kidding me?!” jaejoong shouted angrily feeling like his own strength is once again being doubted. He slam his fist against the water wall and it bounce back. He attempted to get pass the wall to get inside but it was impossible. Even though the wall was only made of water, it felted solid making it impossible to break.

“Just stay put…I don’t want you to get hurt” Yunho spoke to him

Jaejoong however pointed his middle finger at him as a response while he sighs.

Just then Boa started to chuckle echoing loudly “You have indeed chosen an interesting bride there…you two are quite the odd pair…”

“our relationship does not concern  you...." Yunho glares at her "that dragon scale you have…I can feel its energy…why is it similar to mine…”

“Like I stated…it’s a secret…but if you can win against me….then I’ll tell you…”

Yunho’s hand started to glow as water starts to appear “very well...since death is what you wish for...I'll gladly grant it..."