Chapter 52

Dragon bride

Finally I have time to write again!! I trully apologize for the long delay...I have been busy...gotten sick...had family matters to tend to. This chapter is long so please bare with me. Thank you everyone for being patient and understanding. I love you all!

______________________________

 

             When Yoochun arrived at the apartment, he was surprise by how empty the place is. Even after searching the entire place, he did not find Yunho anywhere. He even looked at the rooftop where Yunho usually like to be but no signs of him there either. At this point he was starting to get worried. Yunho was clearly not in a sane state of mind, he has begun to loose himself and for him to suddenly disappear made him very uneasy. He tried to sense his presence to locate him but no matter how hard he tried, he wasn’t able to sense Yunho at all.

“Did he block me from trying to find him?” he wondered “Just where exactly did he disappeared to?”

After searching with no result, he eventually returned to the Shim’s main house to see if Yunho had returned to cause more havoc. But when he got there, the placed was dead silence. He had hidden himself in the shadows of the trees observing the movements around the house but sees no sign of any trouble. He debated rather he should consult Junsu about Yunho’s disappearance but at the end he decided against it. He figured maybe this isn’t something he should involve human. If Yunho have gone crazy, he didn’t want to put Junsu and the others in danger. Just as he was about to leave, he spotted Junsu stepping out of his bedroom and onto the balcony to get some fresh air. Upon seeing him, Yoochun’s body moved before he could think things through. He flew from the shadows and toward junsu appearing before him without any warning, startling him.

“You…what are you doing here?” Junsu asked feeling like his heart is about to jump out of his chest

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to surprise you, it’s just that…well…did Yunho came here?” he asked

Junsu raised an eyebrow at him “No…he hasn’t”

Yoochun let out a frustrated sound wondering where exactly did Yunho ran off to.

“What happen? Didn’t he return to Jaejoong’s apartment?”

“That’s what I thought…but when I got there…he wasn’t there at all…I can’t sense him anywhere and couldn't find any trace of him either…I’m really worried about his state of mind…I’m afraid he just might go crazy searching for jaejoong”

Junsu was about to speak when there is a knock upon the bedroom door. Junsu advised Yoochun to stay as he went to see who it was. Standing on the other side of the door is MinJun who strangely enough, has the exact same expression as Yoochun.

“What is it?”

“Young master Changmin…he…had disappeared”

Junsu’s eyes widen in shock as he look at MinJun to Yoochun who is still standing on the balcony. Could it be just a mere coincidence that both the blue dragon and the head of the shim family disappeared at the same time?

“Did something happen?” Yoochun asked as he approached them

“It seems changmin had also gone missing…”

Yoochun look at him in shock wondering if this is some kind of a joke. He can only hope that Yunho hadn’t gone crazy and kidnapped changmin…taking him to an unknown place to torture him thinking he knows where Jaejoong is being held.

“I found this at his desk...” said MinJun as he took out a white sheet of paper

All three of them look at it with suspicion before they unfold the paper and read its content.

The sun has begun to set more in the horizon as the beautiful colors of the setting sun faded from view with only a small light illuminating the horizon where the sky and sea meets. The ocean breeze has become cooler and windier as the waves splashes against the large rocks. The grandfather is sitting in his wheelchair out on the balcony enjoying a cup of tea watching the dancing waves and feeling the fresh air. Being 3 floor high, he could see out into the nearby dock where a few large boats has been gathered. Both servants and hunters were busy down below, getting everything ready as if they are about to depart on a journey into the sea.

“I never expected that I will see you sitting here drinking tea so casually as if you were never in a coma…” came changmin’s voice from behind “now that I think about it…were you really in a coma or was it another clever trick you pull to fool me?”

The grandfather took a sip of his tea slowly before pulling the cup away “you have finally arrived…come…sit down and have some warm tea”

Changmin made no movement to approach his grandfather as he spoke “It never crossed my mind that you will have a place like this hidden under a force field…hiding it from plain sight…I have searched all the properties owned by our family…but this one wasn’t even in the registry…”

“Of course not…It’s my private home…a place to get away….a place for peace and quiet…”

Changmin clenches his fist tightly for this old man was acting too normal…too casual, not that of a captive at all but the mastermind of this plan.

“Where is jaejoong?” he asked trying to keep cool

“Come and sit…” said the grandfather ignoring the question

“I asked you where is jaejoong?!”

The grandfather did not answer the question but instead he went silent and drink his tea.

“If you won’t tell me…I’ll just go look for him myself” said changmin as he turn around and was about to leave however a few hunters steps forward blocking him “get out of the way!” he shouted

The hunters did not obey but stood their ground preventing him from leaving. Changmin glared at them with death in his eyes.

“No matter what you do or say…without my permission, they will not step aside”

Changmin turn to his grandfather

“May I remind you that as long as I am still alive…the position of the leader is still mine”

Changmin clenches his fist tightly in rage unable to say anything because this is the truth. As long as this grandfather of his is still breathing, these hunters will only obey his every words and not changmin.

“I really don’t understand why you will go to such great length for a mere dragon bride...from what I can see…he isn’t worth your time…”

“May I also remind you that before a dragon bride…he is my important friend…who is worth far more than you think”

The grandfather pauses a bit before speaking “friend?....it seems you have yet to grasp the position you are in changmin….as the heir of the shim family…you are standing on the wrong side…”

“I can choose which side I want to take…in the beginning I hesitantly followed you…took a knife and stood before jaejoong about to stab him but now…now I won’t repeat that same mistake…I’m going to follow my heart…do what I think is right….I’m not going to let you force me to hurt him...”

“You are letting your emotions take control…”

“I am a human being…it’s normal to feel these emotions…it’s normal to act upon it...it’s normal to known what is right and what is wrong…have you lost all of that when you realize there was a dragon bride?”

The grandfather sigh “maybe I had too much expectation…maybe I had too much hope in you that you really disappointed me this much….I thought that I had made the right choice by making you my heir…but you have proven to me that that choice might have been a mistake….I was really hoping that you will become the strength to make the shim family flourished even more…however…you did the exact opposite…” the grandfather turn to face changmin with a dark look on his face “You destroyed the class system….you changed all the rules….you made everyone equal ruining the tradition of our ancestors….you disposed of close family members….turn your back on the people who shared your blood in order to protect that one man….you give away all of our shares in stock…sold our family business for cheap prices…rather than increasing our fortunes…you destroyed it….the hard work my father and grandfather put into raising this family….you destroyed it all….and for what? A mere dragon bride? Is one man worth you throwing away everything?!”

“Yes!”

“You need to wake up changmin and realize the truth!! You are born of dragon hunter….your blood carries the long line of great heroes who slayed dragons…who took part in saving the human race!!! You should be proud of being part of such a great dynasty!”

“Proud? I have blood of sins that runs through my veins! What is so proud about that?! If anything…I would rather just be born a normal man!”

“Blood of sins? You think what your ancestors did was wrong?”

“Hunting innocent people…killing dragon brides for their heart…seeking for immortality caring little about the people they hurt…the amount of blood they spill….this is the sin!”

“YOU!-“
The grandfather started to cough horribly as the nurse quickly came to his aid however, he raised his hand to gesture for her to remain still. The coughing came to a stop as the grandfather took a deep breath to calm his aging body. He placed his hand over his heart that has grown weaker and weaker as the aching pain in his body became harder to endure.

“Changmin ah…” he spoke softly with a sadden face “I am dying….do you really…not wish for me to live longer? After everything I have done for you….after all the happy moments we shared…do you not care about me at all?….is the life of the dragon bride…more important than the life of your grandfather who with these two hands…raised you…carried you….comfort you….held you…”

Changmin lower his gaze as he bite his lower lips unable to say anything. After a moment of silent, the grandfather let out a deep sigh

“Forget it…I won’t force you any more….if you are truly against this then there is nothing else I can do or say to you….”

The grandfather turn to the setting sun and his back give off a lonely and painful look. All the memories changmin shared with his grandfather flashed before his eyes. All those moments of tears and fear only to be comforted by two strong hands made him feel bitter. The kind and sweet voice full of care and love from childhood up to this point echoed in his mind as he is once again conflicted. In his heart he knew very well what he needs to do but at the same time he can’t forsake his own grandfather.

After a moment of silent, Changmin walks over and stood beside his grandfather gazing out into the ocean. He didn’t say a word nor did he look at the old man beside him. They both were silent only listening to the sounds of the dancing waves and the noises coming from down below. Changmin could see people walking back and forth on the dock where there are large boats anchored into the water. Looking at it made him feel anxious

“What exactly are you planning?”

The grandfather didn’t answer changmin and only gaze out to the horizon as if his favorite grandson wasn’t even there standing by his side. The expression on his face were of pain and sadness that the one child he loved and raised chose to disobey him rather than stand at his side. Another awkward silence filled the air as a cool wind blew pass, dancing around them.

“Must you really go through with this?” changmin asked feeling like he had repeated this question so many times that he knew the answer will be the same. However, he still hoped that the answer will change this time around

“You are still young…you still have many years ahead of you to enjoy life…I only have a few days…if I’m lucky, maybe a few weeks…”

“But you have lived a good life….you have lived for so long…isn’t that enough?”

“Humans are only granted one life to do everything they wanted….my life is already coming to an end and I have yet to accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish….I am not yet ready to give in to death and accept that fate…”

“You are being too greedy….”

“Call it what you want…but immortality is what I desire…it is what will make me feel fulfilled”

“It’s impossible to achieve…”

The grandfather shook his head “It is not impossible….the bride who will grant me that wish is in the palm of my hand…within hours…that heart will be mine to consume”

“It won’t be easy…I can foresee everything failing before your eyes”

The grandfather finally turn to look at his once favored grandson “are you really planning to stand against me?”

“Rather I stand against you or with you…it doesn’t matter…do you know why?”

The grandfather didn’t answer nor did he ask. He just sat there and stare at changmin waiting for the answer to the question

“Human….aren’t meant to become immortal….those who hurt the innocent…aren’t meant for a happy ending….” Changmin look directly at his grandfather’s eyes with a serious look on his face “No matter what the outcome may be…I am confident that the blue dragon and his bride will be the one who wins”

The grandfather is infuriated by what changmin had said. He had never been this upset with him like this before. To see his favorite grandson stating he will lose was like a knife being stabbed into his heart. In the past, changmin will listens to him. Even in doubt, he will still obey his grandfather’s request, never going against him like a child not wanting to let go of the person who loved him. But now, in just a few weeks, that child has grown into a man…a man who has turned into a thorn in his plan for immortality…..turn into a sword that will be placed at his neck. He clenches his fist tightly and turn his eyes away from him, not wanting to look at changmin again

“It seems that these past few weeks….your mind has been completely corrupted by that dragon bride…taking advantage of your affection toward him to brain wash you into thinking you are on the wrong side” said the grandfather

“He didn’t brain wash me…”

“Don’t worry…when the time comes…you will be put on the right path again…”

Changmin was going to say something but the grandfather had already gestured for the hunters to take him away ending their conversation. He didn’t struggle or protest against it, he quietly follows the hunters down the hall and into a room as the door is closed before the sound of a lock clicked. The room is spacious and well decorated strangely, to his taste. He walks over to the window and stare out toward the dock as he narrowed his brows.

Meanwhile, just 3 rooms down, Jaejoong sat on the bed staring at the TV as he glances at the two guards inside his room. One is standing by the door and the second stood by the window, both glaring at him intensely watching his every move. Compare to him, these two guards were much taller and more muscular. He could literally see how rip their muscles are through the clothes that they wear. Even the air they give off were of someone who had trained in the art of combat. If he wanted to, he felt like he could actually take these two guards on. Even though they look strong, they probably aren’t as fast as he is. But like usual, the thought of escape will come and as quickly as it comes, it will be pushed aside. Jaejoong let out a deep sigh before yawning once again feeling the exhaustion of his body. He stood up and his sudden movement alarmed the guards as they quickly look at him and prepared themselves for a fight. Jaejoong could see how tense they became as he smirked at their movement before making his way into the bathroom. The guard by the window steps forward toward the bathroom as well but jaejoong blocked him by standing in the middle of the doorway with his arm crossed

“Are you really planning to watch me pee as well?” Jaejoong asked “Should I leave the door open and expose everything for you to see?”

The guard looks a bit embarrass before taking a step back “Don’t even think about doing something to escape…” he warned

“What can I do in the bathroom to escape? I have no phone, only a tub, toilet and a sink…with no windows…the only escape I see here is to drown myself in the tub to escape this boredom…”

The guard looks at him suspiciously before glaring at him and turn away. Jaejoong once again smirked before closing the door to the bathroom and stood before the sink looking at his own reflection. He had noticed it earlier but at this moment it seem to have gotten worst. His face has gotten even paler as the fresh pink color of his lip has begun to fade even more. Even his eyes looked dull and tired as if he had not slept for days. He placed his hand upon his chest and even felt like his heart is being strange as if it’s not as strong as before.

“What is going on with me?” he wondered “did I get sick or something?”

“Hurry up in there!” the loud voice of the guard outside banged on the door with force

Jaejoong look at the door and only shook his head before splashing some water onto his face to hopefully keep him awake. He wipes the water from his face, took another deep breath and opens the door. What he didn’t expect was that the guard had shoved a white gown to him to put on. He looks at the gown and raised his eyebrow before looking up at the guard

“What is this?”

“Put it on…we will be leaving in a moment”

Upon the word ‘leave’, jaejoong was a bit startled “where are we going?”

The guard pointed to the window and toward the open ocean as jaejoong felt his stomach turn. It once again reminded him of the dreams of his terrible childhood experience. Just the thought of going back out there where there are no lands made him extremely nervous.

“What are you waiting for? Hurry up!” the guard snapped feeling like his patient has grown thin

“I am not going to put on the gown…if you want me to wear it…its best you kill me first”

The guard glared at jaejoong as he steps forward intimidating him with his height. Standing face to face, this guard was at least a feet taller, looming over him with his sharp and angry eyes.

“I’ll ask you once again to put this one…”

“And I’ll say it once again….if you want me to wear it…its best you kill me first”

They had a stare down, as the other guard by the door steps forward “Stop wasting time…just strip him and put it on him if he refuse to do it himself”

Upon his partner’s advice, the other guard steps forward and reach out to jaejoong who easily dodges his hand by stepping to the side.

“You little--!!”

The guard once again reach out to grab jaejoong who once again slipped away from his grasp.

“I warn you…if you touch me with that hand…I’ll break it” jaejoong glared at him with such intensity that the guard actually hesitated to move forward. Those big brown eyes looking at him with so much coldness that he felt his body numbed.

“Don’t tell me you are afraid of him? You are much bigger and stronger” his partner spoke from the side with a smile on his face as if he is enjoying this little scene.

The guard near jaejoong turn and glared at him, finding the courage inside to reach out toward jaejoong again. As strong as he is, he was obviously no match for someone who grew up in the street…who fought to survive….who follows no rules and is known to be a beast of the night. As he reach out toward him, jaejoong dodges and grab onto his arm and flipped him over onto the nearby table taking the other guard by surprise. Just how can a slender body like his be able to lift someone twice his size? Jaejoong quickly got on top of the guard and twisted his hand toward his back. The guard let out a painful cry feeling his arm about to snap.

“I warned you, did I not?” spoke jaejoong “You probably don’t know this but I despised people touching me…I have already lost count of how many hand I have broken in the past…do you want me to add your hand to the count?”

The other guard sees that his partner is actually struggling to apprehend Jaejoong, he finally steps forward to assist. Outside the door in the hallway, the other guards could hear all kind of noises coming from the room. There were screams, sound of things crashing and painful cries. Feeling like something isn’t right, they finally unlock the door and enters the room only to see it had become a complete mess. Lying on the ground groaning from pain are the two guards that was placed inside the room. One of them were holding his hand as if it had been broken. Standing in the middle of the room is jaejoong with a cold and dark look on his face. There were blood marks on his hand as his lip cracked a little with blood sipping out. With the complete paleness of his skin, the blood red on his lip added a sense of frightening seduction. The other guards seem to have frozen for a few seconds before they stormed into the room. They grab onto Jaejoong and pushed him down with ease, pinning him to the ground as multiple people held him down tightly.

“Stop!” a loud voice echoed from the doorway

Everyone turn around to sees the grandfather on the wheelchair as he is being pushed into the room by his personal nurse. Compared to the guards, the grandfather was calm and didn’t seem to be bothered by what had happen. A wide smile spread upon his lips as he came to a stop in front of everyone.

“Leave…” he commanded

Upon this word, everyone in the room got up and left as the others help the two injure guards out to the hallway. The door closed leaving the grandfather alone in the room with jaejoong as quietness filled the air.

“Just as changmin had said to me before…you are quite the strong and feisty one…even two of my best men did not stand a chance against you” the grandfather spoke calmly “if this situation was different…I would actually consider offering you a position within the shim family…”

Jaejoong grinned before pulling himself into a sitting position “even if the situation was different…I will definitely reject whatever offer you will give me…”

The grandfather only smiled “You should go clean yourself up first…”

Jaejoong got up and headed toward the bathroom before washing the blood from his mouth and his hands. He even made sure to take his precious time to make the old man wait. After what felt like forever, jaejoong finally came out of the bathroom with water still running down on the side of his face. The grandfather gestured for the nurse to give him a towel to wipe the water. Jaejoong took it and wipes his face before tossing it aside. He leans against the window as the little light from the horizon line illuminate his back outlining his slender body and making his skin glow. Even the grandfather was left in a moment of aw before coming back to reality. At this moment he begin to understand why changmin is so infatuated with this dragon bride.

“If my men had disrespected you in anyway…I will apologize on their behalf…I clearly told them not to cause you any trouble”

“Drop the politeness old man…it gives me the chill…”

The grandfather only smile once again before looking at the white gown on the floor that has now been stain with red marks.

“It seems you do not like the clothing we had picked out for you…”

Jaejoong only smiled in return “White has never been my color…”

“Then…shall I have it prepared in a different color?”

“The color is not the issue…the design is far too plain and simple…not my style”

This only made the grandfather chuckled “You are an interesting person Jaejoong shhi…but I really do hope you will cooperate…otherwise…I will be forced to take drastic measures”

“Are you threatening me?” jaejoong asked

“I’m merely informing that there will be consequences for misbehaviors…”

“Do you actually really expect me to obediently follow your command…dress in white…lay on a table and allow you to pierce my body with a knife while ripping out my heart to consume?”

“Let’s not make this any harder than it already is…I know it isn’t easy to give up your life for another but what if I promise you that I will do plenty of good deeds in return for your sacrifice?”

“Bull… I highly doubt an old man like you have any good conscience left to do good deeds…your heart is already rotten…blinded by your own selfish desire…even your own grandson you choose to cast aside his feelings to satisfied your own…You were lucky to have come back…but I highly doubt there will be a second time…”

Rather than offended, the grandfather found jaejoong’s courage to be admirable as he gestured for the nurse to retrieve another white gown. Once she left the room, the air seems to have intensify between them.

“Tell me Jaejoong shhi…just what exactly did you do to make my grandson so smitten by you?”

“I didn’t do anything really…just roughen him up a bit from time to time…made him my errand boy…beat up a few people in front of him and everything else that you can considered to be bad deeds...maybe he has a for bad boys”

The grandfather chuckled “I am starting to understand the unique charm of yours that captured the pure heart of my grandson…not only him but even the blue dragon haven fallen into your charm as well”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything in return as the grandfather continued “From other people’s view…you are quite the lucky one…gaining the affection of an heir to a famed family full of fortunes and a blue dragon…last of his race…heir to a dragon throne….anyone would love to be in your position”

“does that include you? are you perhaps jealous that no one loves you?…” Jaejoong asked with a grin

The grandfather ignored his remarks “Before Changmin meet you…I was the only one he looks up to…the only one he clings to…he is an obedient boy who follows me and never disobey a thing I said…I had a lot of expectation from him…I raised him to become a great leader…I allowed him to make his own mistakes and to overcome his own challenges. I never hold him down or be strict with him…I let him do as he please as a way for him to experience all sorts of things…rather it is good or bad…I believed that personal experiences will shape him to become a better person with all sorts of knowledge rather it’s big or small. However…” the look in the grandfather’s eyes became dark and holds a hint of anger “by letting him be free…I had allowed a parasite like you to infiltrated his mind and changed his heart…..You turn my grandson against me and for that…It will never be forgiven”

“I didn’t turn him against you…that was your own fault…you chose to cast his feeling aside…You tried to force him to become something he is not…as you stated…he was innocent and naïve…and yet…you wanted him to become a murder…to kill his own friend..”

The grandfather looked at jaejoong for a bit before chuckling like a mad man “Friends?...indeed…you two are friends…such great friends that he will turn against his own grandfather who raised him…this type of anger…you will never know Jaejoong shhi…you don’t have parents…You are only an orphan left on the street who fight over mere scraps to survive…someone like you will never understand the pain of having your most beloved family members betrayed you…influenced to stab you in the heart by another person…” as he spoke these words, his clenches his fist tightly as it nearly draw blood

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as the grandfather continued to voice out his anger

“My grandson is such a fool…I raised him to be smart and yet ever since he meet you…it was one mistakes after another…the first mistakes he made was meeting you…the second mistake was befriending you and the third mistake was him giving away his heart to a useless one sided love….out of all the people in the world…he just had to choose you…it’s quite miserable if you think about it…he deserve as much happiness as the others but he chose a path filled with great despair...even after knowing that you love belongs to the great blue dragon…he is still desperately hanging onto that love refusing to stand at my side doing everything he can to protect you…”

Even though jaejoong chose to ignore it when Boa spoke of these words about changmin’s affection toward him, it was harder to ignore it when the grandfather also spoke the same. He knew that changmin’s affection toward him wasn’t normal but he chose to ignore it nor did he dig further into it. Could it be that Changmin really did love him? If so then everything that had happen must have been painful for him to endure? He thought back to all the moments he had spent with changmin, how his feeling of loneliness were washed away by changmin’s constant persistence of staying at his side. Thinking about it, he can’t help but felt like he had done changmin wrong as a sense of guilt filled his mind making his heart heavy.

“For now he may be under your influence…but once everything ends…I will make sure he forget about you and return to his rightful place…”

“It is not up to you to make that kind of decision for him…the kind of person he wants to be…the kind of person he wants to love…the kind of path he wants to walk down is up to him”

The grandfather looks at jaejoong with even more rage “He is my family!…he will do as I say…a parasite like you have no right to get involve…!!”

The air around them became even more intense as they glared at one another.

Not too far away, Yunho stood on the cliff overlooking the large empty beach side. No matter where he looked, there was no sign of people or even a house. At first he thought that Boa had lied to him and led him to a different place but he quickly sensed a magical force field in the area. Just lifting his hand and placing it in front of him, he could feel a powerful force pushing back against his hand. He turn to Boa who stood about a feet behind him.

“Is he really here?” he asked

“Yes…”

“How do I get in?”

Boa seems hesitant to tell him and when he glares at her, she had no choice but to give him the amulet in her possession. Only this amulet will allow the person to pass through the field. He looks at her to see if she was lying but did not detect any within her eyes. He took the amulet and turn his attention back to the scene in front of him as he took a step forward. However, Boa had reached out and grab his arm preventing him from going further as a desperate attempt to stop him.

“Must you really risk your life for him?! I had told you before…they know you are coming…they are ready for you…they want to capture you…!”

“It doesn’t matter…they can try all they want…I will save Jaejoong…neither you and anyone else can stop me” he glared as his eyes started to glow but this time, the shade of gold has gotten even darker

Yunho removed her hand from his arm and once again steps forward toward the force field. As he got closer, the amulet started to glow. The transparent field started to glow and made a movement, opening a hole large enough for him to enter. Through the opening, Yunho could see a house down by the beach with a dock and a few large boats. Upon this opening, he could once again sense the presence of his bride that he has been desperately searching for. To feel that he is still alive give Yunho a sense of relief.

“Yunho…” Boa called his name but this time it was like the past when she will call his name full of worries and love.

Yunho who was taken by surprise in the change of her voice as he turn to face her. Standing in front of him was no longer the Boa who is out for revenge full of rage but the same Boa he knew centuries ago.

“Why can’t it be me?” she asked almost at the verge of tears

Yunho didn’t say anything as he only stood there and stares at her wondering if he had traveled back in time…to that very day when their life took a different turn. That day she was also standing in front of him like this on the verge of tears asking him this very same question. He begin to try and remember how exactly he replied…what words did he use back then…but he could not remember any of it.

“I tried to deny it…I tried to make myself believe that all these chasing…all these angers were because you had treated me wrongly…I force myself to believe that what I wanted was revenge…to see you suffer…to see you go through the exact same pain I did….but I can’t deny it anymore…” she look Yunho straight in the eyes and confessed her feeling “I still love you Yunho…I still want you to be at my side…I don’t want to lose you a second time…so please…if you still love me a little…please stay with me…”

Yunho didn’t say a word but stood there like a statue staring at her, watching as tears rolled down her cheek as her body shakes from fear of being pushed away. “we can run away…we can go somewhere far away and live the rest of our life in peace…even…even if you are connected to him…even…even if he is your bride…it does not mean you are required to love him right?…there were plenty of dragons and brides that lived apart…or only see each other once in a while….beside…what happens to him doesn’t have any effect on you either…if he were to be killed or have his heart taken…you will still continue to live norm—“

Boa immediately paused when she felt the air around her became heavy and dark making it hard for her to breathe properly. She begin to gasp and pant trying to in air into her lungs but couldn’t as she turn her attention to Yunho who is basically glowing in a dark light. His eyes were an even darker shade of gold almost black. The energy emitting from him were menacing making her body numbed.

“Killed?” he spoke as he took a step forward “you say he will be killed?”

His voice was full of coldness almost like knives stabbing onto a person’s flesh.

“You speak of him being killed as if it doesn’t matter….” he said as he steps forward even closer to her as she begin to tremble in fear gasping for air “It seems you haven’t realize just how important he is to me…Only I can touch him… no one can takes him from me…everything of him belongs to me…anyone who dares to harm him…dares to try and kill him…will see what hell is like…they will suffer the most gruesome…most painful death…and all those people hiding in that force field...they were daring enough to take him and hide him from me...with their blood....I will create a new ocean of red”

His eyes glows a dark light as Boa steps back to get away from him…to get away from this oxygen depriving air. However, her feet could not move, it was as if a heavy weight is upon her making her unable to step away. Even when Yunho is only a few inches away, she was still unable to force her body to run away. When he touches the side of her cheek she felt nothing but ice coldness from his fingers. His slides his fingers pass her cheek to the back of her head before grabbing a hand full of hair causing her to cry out in pain.

“I had shown you mercy too many times for your poor choice of words and action…I wanted nothing more than to kill you at this moment but I won’t however, this is the last time so listen well…if you ever speak such thing again about the bride I have chosen…about the bride I love and give my heart to…I will not show you any mercy…do you understand?” he asked in a deep and cold voice. Every words he spoke was like ice

Boa only felt the pain from the back of her head and the pain from unable to breathe that she wasn’t able to answer him. After a second painful tug of her hair, she finally managed a nod which was satisfying enough as Yunho released her. With a wave of his hand, the suffocating air disappeared as Boa falls to the ground gasping and panting while endless coughs follows afterward. Yunho didn’t bother with her anymore as he walks toward the opening of the force field. Once inside, the opening closed once more leaving Boa alone on the cliff in endless misery.

Jaejoong and the grandfather is still in the room glaring at one another. It wasn’t until the door opens and the nurse return did the air return to normal. She placed the new white gown onto the bed and return to the grandfather’s side whispering something into his ear. Jaejoong sees him nodding his head as he turn his attention back to him.

“I really hope you will comply and put on the gown obediently this time…” said the grandfather

“And If I don’t?”

The grandfather looks at jaejoong with a serious look on his face “The servant boy…”

He didn’t even need to say any more and jaejoong knew exactly who he is referring to as the image of the young teenager flashed before his eyes. In the past he probably wouldn’t give a damn about another life but this teenager helped him making this threat impossible to ignore. Even though the grandfather knew that they have been talking, there was no way he will find out about the letter to changmin. He told himself to calm down and not to be too emotional as he asked the grandfather

“What did you do to him?”

“Nothing yet….he is still serving others unaware of the danger that lurks around him but if you don’t behave yourself and obey….I can’t guarantee that he will be unharmed”

“Isn’t he your family?”

“He is a hunter…hunters are separate entities from the Shim’s bloodline…they are only meant to protect and die for the Shim family…other than that…they hold no worth”

The grandfather left the room along with the nurse as the door closed. Jaejoong turn his attention to the white gown on the bed as he is reminded of the teenager who had kept him company and even assisted him. As much as he distaste following other’s command…he had no choice in this situation. It was him who got the boy involve and he will not allow the boy’s life to be taken because of him. He reached for the white gown on the bed and really hated the color. An hour passed, Jaejoong had changed from his clothes to the white gown and it looked like an oversize shirt on his slender body flowing down to his knee. Just then, the ground begin to shake as a loud explosion is heard nearby. Jaejoong nearly lost his footing when the flower symbol on his chest started to glow a golden light. He knew exactly what this meant as he quickly rushed toward the window to see what is happening and noticed a lot of people running around down below. Not too far away, he spotted a figure walking toward his direction. This person was surrounding by black mist as his eyes glows an eerie color. The air around him were menacing and powerful making others hesitate to approach him. It took jaejoong a few seconds to clearly see who this figure is as his eyes widen in complete shock.

“Y-Yunho?!”

Jaejoong became excited as he banged on the glass window to get his attention but then the door to his room burst open as multiple guards enters and started grabbing onto him pulling him away from the window. He struggles to break free and even fought against a few of the guards but one of them knocked him unconcious. One of the guard grab onto his limp body and carried him out into the hallway where the grandfather awaits with a smile on his face. Changmin was also lead out of his room and his eyes widen in shock to see a unconscious jaejoong in another man's arm. Adrenaline kicks in as he dashed forward, pushing everyone aside and yanked jaejoong out of the guard's arm.

"Anyone who touches him will have to answer to me!" he shouted

The guards became alert as they steps forward to grab Changmin but the grandfather gestured for them to remain still.

"let him carry his beloved person...we all are going to the same place anyway" spoke the grandfather

"place? where are we going?" changmin asked

the grandfather smile even wider "Where the past and the present meets"