Chapter 49

Dragon bride

This chapter is shorter since it was orignally part of the previous chapter that has been split into two :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

                        The energy flowing within MinJun traveled to his blades, green to one and red to the other. He stood up straight as if this wound in his stomach wasn’t anything serious. He didn’t feel any pain nor did it stop him from killing this hunter before him.

“How can you…how can you possess two dragon scales?!!” the hunter shouted in rage as he held his sword tightly both in envy and jealousy “This is not possible! No one had ever been able to withstand the power of two dragon scales!!”

Minjun glares at him and did not care to answer his questions. He immediately disappears from where he was standing sending the hunter into panic. The hunter scans his surrounding but did not see him anywhere making him even more anxious. He held onto his sword tightly, preparing himself for any surprise attack. Just then the earth below him started to move, long and thick roots came from the ground and attempts to wrap around him. He quickly jump as high as he could to avoid it and using his blade, he begin to cut the root. Just as he landed back onto the ground, fire came toward him as he dodges but was a little too slow. His right sleeve caught on fire as he quickly tried to put it out. He summon lightning once more to try and attack him but this time it was a failure. No matter how many lightning he call forth, MinJun was able to dodge them easily as if his speed had increased. MInjun approached him and swings his blade as the hunter quickly raised his and their blades clashed once more. Sparks flew as strong gust of wind was created from their energy colliding with one another. The hunter was struggling as MinJun has the upper hand. The blade that was near the hunter went up in flames as the heat became unbearable. The hunter quickly pushed MinJun and jumped back to give them space. His hand was shaking from all the forces and his strength has weaken. He clenches his teeth in anger that this fight has become unfavorable to him. He had never lost a fight before, compare to the others, he had always come out as more superior. And yet, this other dragon hunter appeared out of nowhere, bearing not one but two dragon scales has become more superior to him. The thought of losing was driving him mad. He grip the handle of his sword tighter as he dashed toward MinJun like a mad man. Just then vines grew from the ground and wraps around the hunter’s right hand and more appeared, wrapping around his other hand and both of his feet. A second later, fire ignited as the vines went up in flames surrounding him. He begin to panic and shouted, struggling to be free as he felt his clothes burning and his flesh coming into contact with the hot heat. MinJun approached him with his double blade in hand and within seconds, blood is spilled as a body falls to the ground. Rain falls upon his cold body as his eyes still remain wide open in disbelief. His mouth twitched and mumbles the word “impossible” over and over again until his last breath.

Minjun stood tall, looming over the corpse of the hunter. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and release it into the air calming his body and the energies surging inside him. The bright light of green and red faded away as he put his blades back to its proper holding place on his body. He turns around and went to look for Changmin and jaejoong.

While back at the darken room, Boa took a step forward with a smile on her face as she spoke “The minute Yunho arrived, I knew you will be here sooner or later…”

Changmin looks at her and found her to be familiar like he had seen her before but his memories were unclear of when and where. The shadows in this room was hiding her appearances making it even harder to properly see her appearances. Even though he couldn’t see her face well, he knew that this woman is trouble. He took a few steps closer to jaejoong to try and protect him but jaejoong took a step forward getting in front of him instead.

“Let him go” he spoke

Boa only smiled “Sure…but…you take his place”

“No jaejoong!” changmin shouted as he grab on jaejoong’s shoulder “Don’t do it…”

Boa look at jaejoong to the distraught changmin “You…aren’t you the young master of the shim family?”

“So what if I am…?” changmin glared at her showing her no fear

Boa chuckled finding this situation to be amusing “I heard before that you two use to be the best of friends until…one became a bride…and the other became the head of the dragon hunters…two friends pulled apart…forced to fight one another…and now here you are in a darken and closed room all by yourself…makes one wonders what is the exact relationship between you two…” her lips smirked making jaejoong hates it. Every time she smiles like that, there will be nothing but nonsenses coming out of that mouth of hers “I’m surprised that Yunho will even allow his bride to be alone with another man who…in my view obviously….have a deeper feeling…possibly alternative motive to do the unthinkable…”

Changmin’s face darkens as his clenches his fist tightly but jaejoong pushed him back not allowing him to blindly attack her. Upon seeing this reaction, Boa chuckled even louder as it echoes in the room

“Just look at his face…that expression clearly shows that I am right…” she turn her attention to Changmin “you…young master….really fancy him don’t you….but sadly…he belongs to the blue dragon…as much as you want it…he will never be yours…but…I do understand your feeling…your pain…your frustrations…I too went through it once, having my heart stabbed with a sharp knife….a wound that will never heal….I loved him with all my heart…only to know that I can never have him….that is the worst feeling one can have…a type of pain…that nothing can cure…it will forever be there...hurting every once in a while…reminding you that the person you give your all to…became someone else’s…”

Jaejoong couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow upon her words and her tone of voice. To him, it didn’t sound like her usual self. It sounded almost like a drunken woman sprouting all kind of things including her own personal feeling and thoughts. While he was trying to figure out what kind of game she is playing, changmin had become stiff as he began to panic, glancing at him to see his reaction. To see Jaejoong’s face change slightly, he thought for sure jaejoong had become disgusted with him after his secret love has been exposed by Boa. But unknowingly to him, Jaejoong’s main focus was on something else.

“Shut your mouth! Don’t talk as if you and I are the same!” changmin shouted

“Oh but we are….I loved Yunho you see….and you love him….it’s kind of funny how fate works…bringing the person you and I loved together…binding them to one another…while leaving the both of us to pain and misery…”

“I don’t love jaejoong!” changmin shouted “I mean…I do love him…but only as a close friend…! Don’t turn my admiration of him into such a disgusting thing…to me he is the closest friend I had ever had…someone I care a lot about but not in the way you speak of…”

Boa sigh “young master…young master…why must you give yourself more pain to endure…saying those words…is like stabbing yourself with a knife….”

Changmin became even more furious and even more desperate to try and cover this up to make it sound like what she had said was nothing but false. He didn’t want jaejoong to be disgusted or to hate him because of this deep love. He kept telling himself that he must continue to refute everything she said, make it sound like she was just sprouting out complete lies to create tension between them. But the more he denies her words, the more painful it became. To have kept it as a secret is already hard enough, but to have to deny everything in front of the man he love is even more heart breaking, tearing him up from the inside out. He felt his chest became tight and his heart aching at ever words that came out of his own mouth. It became harder and harder to endure when suddenly jaejoong who was quiet throughout the whole conversation finally spoke.

“Have you been drinking?” he asked

Boa looks at him a bit amuse that after all of what have been said, this was the question he chose to ask

“Maybe a little…” she answered honestly

“That explains why you are more annoying than usual…speaking as if you have the right to expose someone else’s heart when you yourself aren’t even sure of your own? You make it seem like you and he are the same but let’s get one thing straight…he didn’t betray the person he love…in fact…he put his life on the line, willing to risk his own family to protect that person…If you want to speak for someone else’s feeling…then its better you get your straighten out first because in in my view…you are a complete mess”

Boa became quiet as the expression on her face changed slightly

“What he feels… what is in his heart is for him alone…if he choose to say it…than he will say it on his own terms…he doesn’t need you or anyone else to do it for him….if he choose to hide it…then you have no right to expose it as you please…”

Changmin looks at jaejoong as the admiration and love for this beautiful man have increase 10 fold.

“He have romantic feelings for you…doesn’t that disgust you?” she asked

“Romantic Feelings? What feelings? I didn’t hear him say it…he didn’t turn to me and confess his feeling? I only hear an old hag running as she please spraying her alcoholic breath into the cramped room polluting the once fresh air…”

Boa narrowed her brows as she glares at him. Listening to Jaejoong said this, changmin’s heart soften even more. This is after all, the reason why he love this man so much. Jaejoong may be rough…violent…short tempered and quick to use his mouth to cause trouble but this man has an understanding mind and a caring soul. It wasn’t like he is ignoring what is being said…but chose not to say anything until Changmin himself confess. Only then will this beautiful man acknowledge the love that he has for him.

Looking at changmin’s reaction and remembering how Yunho looks at jaejoong, Boa’s lip curved into a smile “I’m beginning to understand why Yunho can’t leave you alone…why people seem to be attracted to you. You have a certain unique charm that is hard to resist…making you quite the interesting character...”

Jaejoong smirked at her “Are you actually complimenting me?”

Boa had a relaxed smile that actually seem pleasant, it was something jaejoong did not expect to see. But as quick as that smile came, it disappeared. It was as if at the moment, he actually saw the real Boa. The Kind and cheerful girl he saw in Yunho’s memory.

“Enough with the chit chatting…I’m here to make a trade…I’ll return this man to you but in exchange…you come with me” Boa spoke to jaejoong with a serious tone of voice

“Don’t do it jaejoong…” changmin pleaded

Jaejoong didn’t say anything, he only looks at Boa and then at Junsu who is trying to speak and shaking his head “no”.

“Alright...I’ll go with you”

Changmin’s eyes widen in shock “No! You can’t!”

“I’ll be fine…”

“Jaejoong! Think about this clearly! You are a dragon bride! You can’t just fork over your life like this”

“Don’t be so dramatic…it’s not like she will kill me anyway…she have no desire for my heart after all…”

“That is not the point! I can’t let you do this!”

“Not like you can stop me either” said jaejoong

Changmin turn his attention to Boa and before jaejoong could say or do anything, changmin had already dashed toward her.

“Yah! Changmin ah!” jaejoong shouted as he tried to grab him but he missed

Boa stood there with a smile on her face as she shoved Junsu to the side and easily dodged Changmin’s fist. Seeing that she had stepped away from Junsu, Changmin reached for his brother but Boa had grabbed onto him and swing him across the room as he collided with the bookshelf. He groaned from the sudden impact but refuses to give up as he stood up again. He ran toward her and attempted another attack. Rather than fighting back, Boa seems to be toying with him.

“Stop it changmin! You can’t defeat her” jaejoong shouted but changmin refuse to listen

He continues to send blows after blows toward Boa and each time she dodges them.

“You should listen to him and give up…you can’t win me….I also do not have any business with you so I suggest you step aside if you still want to live..”

Changmin glared at her “Never…I will save my brother and I will not hand Jaejoong over to you!”

“You are a fool…risking your life to protect someone you will never have…”

“It is my choice to make…It will not change the fact that I still care and will protect him regardless of what happen”

“Even if he breaks your heart? Hurt your feeling? Make you feel like all your effort of caring for him is a waste?”

“Yes!” changmin answered without any hesitation taking Boa by surprise

This made Boa wondered if she had think the way changmin think now, would things have been different between her and Yunho? Even if they can’t become lover, they could have still remain as close friend. While she was distracted, Changmin took the opportunity to grab onto her and used the dragon scale in his possession as it glows a faint light. Boa immediately felt its power and knew what kind of dragon it came from. She quickly tried to escape from his hold but it was already too late. Changmin had already entered her mind messing with her mentality.

“L-let go!” she glares as it become harder to stay focus “get…get out of my mind!!”

Changmin refuse to let go as she felt her body become weaker and her mind became more unstable. Her vision was becoming blurry as all sorts of images flashed before her eyes. It was like a crowded and locked room is suddenly open as everything that was shoved inside came rushing out at once. Her head was throbbing painfully making her body unstable. With all the strength she could mastered, she quickly used her dragon scale as a spiral of water came out of her hand, hitting against Changmin’s chest sending him across the room breaking the hold he had on her. Boa stumbled a bit, using the nearby table to stabilize her body. She pant and gasped as her mind tried to clear itself and her body returns to normal.

“Changmin ah!” jaejoong shouted as he rushed toward him “Are you okay?!”

Changmin gasped from the pain in his chest but still smile “I’m…okay…”

“You idiot!” jaejoong shouted startling him “What were you thinking?! Just how stupid can you get?!”

His lecture wasn’t finish when he feels a cold chill down his spine. He turns around and meet Boa’s deadly glares with death in her eyes as she clenches her teeth in rage and the dragon scale glows even brighter as she summoned more water. Changmin slowly stood up from the ground completely wet from head to toe with the help of jaejoong. He felt his body ached badly as the place the spiral water hit hurts painfully making it hard to breathe as if the force of the water had broken a rib.

“I’ll kill you…I’ll send you to hell!” she shouted in rage

All the water that she had summoned begin to fill the room spiraling and floating around her as if it is out of control. Huge gust of wind blew in all direction and powerful forces caused jaejoong to nearly fall back. The situation had turn deadly, having to deal with her sober is already troublesome enough…having to deal with her in this drunken state is even more horrifying. Jaejoong needs to think of a way to get them out of this or else changmin will end up dead.

“Boa…!” he shouted her name “I’m the one you want! Let them both go and I’ll accompany you!”

His voice reached her ear as she looks at him but her eyes was no longer that of someone who wanted to trade but someone who wanted to kill. With a wave of her hand, a spiral of water rushed toward him but he didn’t dodge nor was he afraid. As the attack came closer, it ends up splitting into multiple smaller spirals like needles attempting to pierce his body. Suddenly, someone came through the broken window as a warm and bright light emitted. The attack from Boa was blocked as a shield of fire appears turning all the water into thick smokes completely filling the entire room. Silence eventually filled the air as the visibility became close to zero from both fire and water clashing together. Jaejoong couldn’t see any of the people in the room putting him on high alert. No matter where he looks, it was a blanket of whiteness. He had no idea who entered the room but considering how thick this smoke is, it is best not to make any sudden movement. Not to mention he can’t see Boa, unable to see your enemy is probably the worst situation anyone can be in. Suddenly, a pair of hand came out from the smokes behind him grabbing onto him tightly. One wraps around his chest while the other covered his mouth with a cloth pulling him back disappearing into the whiteness behind him.

When the smokes finally cleared, standing in the middle of the room is Minjun. Changmin was surprised to see him but at the same time relieved that this loyal servant is alive. He looked at where Boa was standing and she was no longer there. He figure she must have escaped when the room was filled with smokes.

“Young master! Are you alright?” MinJun asked rushing over to him

“I’m alright…go release Junsu first…” he smiled leaning against the wall for support

MinJun nodded his head and went over to Junsu to untie him and remove the tap from his mouth. Upon the tap being removed, Junsu let out a deep breath finally able to breathe through his mouth again.

“Thank you” said Junsu when he noticed a dye of red on the side of MinJun’s stomach “You…are you injured?!”

Upon this, Changmin’s became shock as he struggled to make his way toward the other two “let me see!”

“It’s nothing serious Young master…It will heal in time…”

He tried to hide it but Changmin still manages to get a good look at it. Even though he said it wasn’t anything serious, from the look of it, it was serious. There were a lot of blood, the wound was large and wide, possibly from a sword. The blood stain on the back indicated that this blade had penetrated to the other side. Anyone else would have collapsed with such wound and yet MinJun is standing…talking as if this isn’t anything serious.

“Where is Jaejoong sshi?” Minjun asked

Upon him mentioning this name, Changmin realized that he had not seen Jaejoong since the smoke cleared. He quickly glance around the room but did not see him anywhere. To know that both Boa and jaejoong had disappear at the same time made him extremely uncomfortable.

Yoochun return to the chaotic scene and saw Yunho fighting the hunters. He summoned fire and set a few hunters ablaze before descending down below to assist Yunho in fighting. He was worried when he left Yunho to help clean up his mess but now he is even more worried about this blue dragon whose face has become very pale. Even though he can still stand his ground, still fight against these hunters, from the look of it, he is exhausted pushing his body to the limit.

“Yunho…are you okay?” Yoochun asked

“I’m fine…you?”

“No problem… I was able to remove the negative energy…”

Yunho smiled a little “Good...”

The way he smiled made Yoochun feel guilty. This was after all his fault and yet Yunho got dragged into dealing with his mess.

“Sorry Yunho…”

“Do not apologize…you didn’t do anything wrong…you were just trying to help…I’m just glad nothing serious happen to you…”

Yoochun return a smile as they both continue to fight the last remaining hunters. When they finally defeated them all, Changmin and the others are seen walking toward them with their head hang low. From the look of it, Junsu wasn’t injured, changmin suffered a few minor injuries and same for Minjun. But no matter where Yunho looked, his beautiful bride was not part of the group approaching them. He knew earlier he had a sinking feeling that something was wrong with his bride but he ignored it thinking jaejoong will come back like usual. Every time that feeling surfaced, that image of Jaejoong smiling showing off his strength will flash before his eyes. Those words of trusting in his ability to fight made Yunho stay back instead of rushing to the rescue. However, the one time he ignored it, the one time he chose to belief in Jaejoong’s strength, the one time he allowed him out of sight, his bride did not came back. His face darkens as he clenches his fist tightly in rage. His eyes glows an intense gold but it was darker in shade which was unusual. Yoochun who was standing next to him, felt an enormous amount of dark energy emitting from him. His face was pale, his lip was a little on the blue side. From the torn sleeve of his shirt, Yoochun can also make out the dragon scales covering half of his arm. It used to be a beautiful clear blue color but now, there was a hint of dark gray.

When jaejoong regain consciousness, he heard the sound of loud waves splashing against large rocks. He slowly open his eyes and when everything became clear, he found himself lying on the cool beach where the ocean and land meet. Out in the horizon, the sun was starting to rise as a faint light appears as a sign that morning has come. He sat there still in a daze, unsure how he got here. The morning breeze was cold as it causes his hair and clothes to sway back and forth. There was no other sounds around him other than the echoing sound of water splashing.

“You finally woke up…” came an old familiar voice

Jaejoong turn around and saw an elderly man sitting in a wheelchair dressed in white. Rather than be alarmed, he was calm and even mastered a smile in the face of danger