Chapter 17

Dragon bride

As the morning sun rises to the sky filling the city with lights, Junsu placed some nicely folded shirts into his open suitcase that now consist of his other belongings. He reaches for his other clothes and lifts it from the bed before something falls onto the ground. Junsu looks down and notices it was the pendant made of a dragon’s scale that Yoochun had given to him. After everything that had happen yesterday, he had completely forgotten about it. He sat his clothes back onto the bed and reaches down to grab the pendant. The minute his finger touches it an image flashes before his eyes. It was an image of Yoochun smiling brightly at him. It made him felt like he was standing there right at his side witnessing this radiant smile full of love. As quickly as it came, it also disappears leaving him with a strange feeling, a sense of familiarity.

“Are you going somewhere?” came Yoochun’s voice startling Junsu in the process

Junsu picks up the pendant from the ground and turn toward the open window to see Yoochun entering the hotel room.

“I’m…going back home” said Junsu as he stood up before putting the pendant into his pocket.

“Back home?” Yoochun raises an eyebrow “you going back to the shim’s household?”

Junsu shook his head “I don’t live there anymore…I live in the US and run a big business there…”

Yoochun frown a bit to learn that Junsu is actually from a place far from here.

“What brings you here? Is there something you need from me?” Junsu asked as he continues his packing

Yoochun became a bit nervous not wanting to say he wanted to see Junsu “I…was just passing by and thought I come check on you…”

Junsu couldn’t help but grin at Yoochun “I’m not in any kind of trouble for you to be worried about me…unlike Jaejoong…my life isn’t in any danger…”

“That’s not true” said Yoochun “don’t forget…your own grandfather held you captive to get to me…”

“Don’t even remind me…I tried not to remember it…” said Junsu “by the way….were you able to find jaejoong and Yunho?”

“Yea…I found them in time to save them….”

This caught Junsu’s attention “what happen?”

“I’m not exactly sure but a woman who is important to jaejoong was taken as bait to lure him and Yunho…they end up encountering a hunter with a powerful amulet of ice….this hunter nearly froze jaejoong’s hear twice which I help prevented. Yunho on the other hand had to fight against the hunter in order to obtain the clue needed to find that woman…”

Junsu remember being told something similar by Changmin about how a friend of his was taken and him arranging the meeting was a way to give jaejoong some time to rescue her.

“Are they okay?” he asked

“Yea…they were able to save the woman and went home…”

“It seems like things will only become more complicated for them…in my view being a dragon bride is a curse…to be chased…to be hunted for the sole purpose of his or her heart….”

Yoochun didn’t say anything as he recall a time with Xiah. Unlike what Junsu had just said, xiah said the exact opposite of seeing the position of a dragon bride as a gift. The reason was because he end up meeting Yoochun and being bonded to him was a gift from the heavens. Xiah will be able to sense his presence rather he is far or near, be able to tell when he is in danger or is troubled, he could even feel the amount of love Yoochun has in his heart for him. It kind of saddens him that this man standing before him who bares the same appearance did not bare the same mindset. He was about to say something when he felt a thug in his chest. He turns his gaze toward the window with a serious look on his face

“What’s wrong?” Junsu asked

“Yunho is calling me…something must have happen…I have to go…” said Yoochun as he walks back toward the window but then Junsu reaches out to stop him

“Take me with you…”

“It’s better you stay here…I don’t know what has happen but it could be dangerous…”

“I don’t care…I need to talk to jaejoong as well…”

Yoochun could see the determine look in Junsu’s eyes as he let out a sigh “very well…”

He reaches out and wraps his hand around Junsu’s waist startling him as he pulls him close to his body.

“W-w-what are you doing?!” Junsu asked as his face flushes red being this close to Yoochun

“What do you think? I’ll be flying there so hang on to me tightly”

“W-wait…f-flying?”

Before Junsu could protest against it, Yoochun had jump out of the window with Junsu before flying through the sky.

Changmin enters the hospital room of his grandfather. He closes the door behind him as he made his way toward the bed. The sound of machines hooked up to his grandfather echoed into the room as he took a seat.

“Hi grandpa….I hope you are sleeping well….” spoke changmin as he was quiet for a moment before speaking “I wish you were awake so I can speak to you…”

There was no sound from his grandfather as the only response he got back was the sound of the machine monitoring his heart beat.

“I was against everything you were doing…I was ready to stand against you but at the end…like you said, I couldn’t escape my faith….I thought that I could make my own choices….go against the bloodline that runs through my veins…and yet at the end…I ended up standing right where you say I would end up…it’s kind of funny if you ask me” spoke Changmin in a soft and sadden tone of voice “no matter how much I adore him…no matter how much I love him…at the end…I’ll become his greatest threat and he’ll become my greatest prey…why must this cycle start at this time and this era? Couldn’t it have waited for another generation and allow me to stay at his side a bit longer?”

Changmin could feel the pressure and the weight upon his shoulder making him stress.

“Changmin…” came YongHwa’s voice snapping him out of his thoughts

“What is it?” changmin asked

“I thought you might want to know that your friend has been rescue successfully and no harm has come to her…”

Changmin let out a sigh of relief “I see….that’s good to hear…jaejoong must have made it in time to save her…” he slightly turn to face Yonghwa with a serious look on his face “…and the person responsible? Who is it?”

YongHwa seem hesitant to answer that question as he thought back to last night

*Flash back*

ByungChul return to his home after the meeting with a displease look on his face. As he enters his study room, YongHwa was there waiting. Upon seeing ByungChul, YongHwa bow to him to show respect to the man who is his true master.

“It looks like the hunter failed….” Spoke ByungChul as he walks over to his desk

“Yes...she was defeated and killed by the blue dragon….but it shouldn’t matter…she was merely sent there to test them….for them to find that woman so soon proven their strength…” said YongHwa

“Indeed…we will have to be more careful from this point onward….and her body?”

“I have disposed of it properly not to draw any attention”

“Good…the last thing we need is a body showing up on the news …”

“How was the meeting?” YongHwa asked

“It went horrible…I never thought that the young heir will end up voiding century long rules that bond each household…to make it worst he declare himself the only one who could obtain the heart…anyone who goes against him…will be punished….in other words…he want everyone to work together….to hunt this dragon and obtain the bride’s heart…”

“He is probably trying to prevent many casualties from happening with different household acting out on their own…”

“I think he wants to limit the number of people going after the dragon bride….don’t forget they are friends….as to the reason why he will suddenly decide to go after the bride is beyond me… “

“So what are you going to do?”

ByungChal was quiet for a moment as he thought about his next move. The way things are now seem too risky to do anything “For now we will have no choice but to wait out a bit and see how things goes…I’m kind of curious on what the young master have in plan…not to mention that MinSeok is also up to something behind close curtain…”

“So what should I do?”

“Continue to serve at his side…don’t do anything to make him suspicious of your loyalty…you will be my eyes and my ear YongHwa…”

“What if he questions me regarding the kidnapping of that woman?”

“Then answer him truthfully…”

“You want me to give him your name?”

“Do you what you have to do…I’ll handle what is to come…”

*End of flash back*

“Well? Who is responsible?” Changmin asked once again

“A man name ByungChul…” YongHwa answered

“Byungchul?” changmin spoke a bit surprise “isn’t he from the second branch?”

“Yes…he was the one who took the woman as bait…”

Changmin was quiet before speaking “how did he know about Gummy?”

“He must have known that you were friend with the dragon bride thus leading him to learn of this woman name Gummy…taking you as bait would have been out of the question so he must have targeted her instead…”

Once again changmin became quiet as the expression upon his face changed “Watch him…report to me any suspicious activities…”

YongHwa bow to changmin “as you wish…”

In the meantime, Jaejoong felt himself sinking, it felt like the same kind of dream he has been having lately of himself sinking into the bottom of the sea with nothing but darkness around him. It was cold and only becomes colder the deeper he sinks. He felt himself be overly exhausted as opening his eyes seems harder than usual. Breathing became harder as he slowly feel his heart slowly come to a stop. He could even hear the sound thumping in his chest as the sound become more faded. It wasn’t until he felt a warm light upon his face did he started to open his eyes. Right in front of his is a large beast like figure shrouded in darkness. He could make out the two large wings and the large powerful body. The only thing that has color was those two large golden eyes looking back at him with the same sadden expression.

Jaejoong found himself reaching out to the beast with a sense of familiarity. Rather than swimming away, the beast seems to come closer until jaejoong touched its nose. A bright golden light emitted from his touch. He had to close his eyes and when he opens them again he found himself in a completely different surrounding. Rather than sinking in the sea, he is now standing on a grassy hill top overlooking a large open field. The grass was bright green as a flower graces the land. He could see the ocean not too far away as the blue water shines brightly under the sunlight. A gentle breeze blew pass causing his hair to sway back and forth as he felt a sense of peace. The place was quiet full of tranquility that it made jaejoong felt like he could stay here forever. Not too far away he could make out a young man dressed in the same style of clothing as Yunho did. Standing next to him is a beautiful woman with long silky black hair dressed in a beautiful floral dress. They seem to be enjoying the view and the beauty this land has to offer.

“Mom! Dad!”

A Young child like voice ring through the air as a little boy possibly 4 year of age runs right through jaejoong as if he is a ghostly apparition. This startled jaejoong as he looks at his body but everything seems normal. He turns his gaze back to the couple who is now joined by a little boy. The young man smiles brightly before picking up the boy in his arm as the woman clean the dirt from his cheek.

“They must be a family?” Jaejoong thought to himself

Seeing them so happy, filled jaejoong with a warm feeling as he too smiles. It wasn’t until the mother spoke the little boy’s name ‘Yunho’ did jaejoong’s eyes widens in shock.

Yoochun and Junsu arrived at jaejoong’s apartment by following Yunho’s scent. They descended onto the rooftop and Junsu was more than happy to be on solid ground. His leg was still shaking from being up so high soaring through the sky without any kind of safety equipment. Yoochun on the other hand turn to his right and spotted Yunho standing there leaning against the rooftop door waiting for him. The look on his face was of pure anger with hint of concern. Yunho look from Yoochun to Junsu who was someone he didn’t expect to be here. It doesn’t matter if Junsu is only half blood…he is still part of the Shim family and to him, it’s risky to have a shim family member here right now.

“Why did you bring him here?” Yunho spoke to Yoochun through his mind

“He wanted to come…it seem he has something to talk to jaejoong about” Yoochun responded

“He is a member of the shim family…”

“He has a good heart…”

Yunho look at Junsu who was still sitting on the ground “if anything happens…you will take responsibility…”

“yea...yea…yea..”

Junsu glance from Yunho to Yoochun and see them looking at each other intensely but no words were spoken.

“I heard dragons could speak to each other telepathically but to actually see it is kind of creepy” he spoke

Yunho turn to him with a glare “its best you return home…you won’t be able to speak to jaejoong today”

“oi Yunho…” Yoochun spoke up feeling like Yunho was being rude

“I understand your worry…I know you don’t trust me but this is important…I need to speak to him…”

“you can’t…”

Yoochun became irritated with Yunho’s coldness toward Junsu “can’t he at least have 5 minutes? I know jaejoong is your bride and you want to protect him after what happen yesterday but I know Junsu would not try to harm him…”

Yunho let out a heavy sigh “it’s not that I won’t let…it’s that he can’t because jaejoong won’t be able to hear or speak to him…”

This caused Yoochun and Junsu to exchange strange looks before turning to Yunho

“What do you mean?” Junsu asked

Yunho turn around and opened the Rooftop door “you will see…”

They followed Yunho down the flight of stairs, through the hallway before entering jaejoong’s apartment. The first thing they notice was the unconscious Gummy sleeping on the sofa.

“What did you do to her?” Yoochun asked sensing lingering trace of magic

“I put her to sleep…after what took place she was in a panic…very distraught and annoying”

Yoochun and Junsu follow Yunho toward jaejoong’s room only to see jaejoong sleeping on his bed peacefully as well.

“Isn’t he just sleeping?” Junsu asked

“No…” Yoochun spoke sensing something strange from jaejoong. The sound of his heart beat was irregular, the energy inside him felted unstable. He turns to Yunho with a serious look on his face.

“What happen? Wasn’t he okay when you guys went home yesterday night?”

“yea…he was perfectly fine…he went to take a shower and end up collapsing…no matter what we do or try to wake him…he wouldn’t wake up as if he has been put into a deep sleep…”

“This isn’t good Yunho…his heart beat…it’s slowly fading…its beating in a rapid and irregular rhythm that is dangerous…”

Yunho clenched his fist tightly “I know…this is why I called for you…there is something I wanted to confirm with you...”

He walked over to jaejoong before lifting up his shirt to reveal multiple red veins covering jaejoong’s right shoulder. It was the same place where he was hit trying to help Yunho.

“w-what the hell is that?” Junsu asked a bit freak out because these red veins were coming from the upper shoulder and seem to be heading toward the flower symbol on Jaejoong’s chest. To make it even freakier, it is almost looks like these veins were glowing a little beating to the sound of the heartbeat.

Yoochun approaches jaejoong and took a closer look at the red veins. He could make out a small red dot on the upper shoulder that was a clear sign; something struck him that went unnoticed.

“What do you think?” Yunho asked

“I still can’t believe what I am seeing…this…shouldn’t be possible…”

“What isn’t possible?” Junsu asked wanting to know what they know

Yoochun turn to Junsu “jaejoong has been poison…not just any kind of poison but from a special plant that existed long ago during the time dragon freely roamed this land…it’s something that dragon can feed on but it is toxic for human….once it made contact with the inner flesh of a human, the poison will quickly start to spread….its main targets are the blood veins… traveling through them and then eventually into the heart…” said Yoochun as he turn his attention back to jaejoong “the visibility of these red veins is proof that the poison has started to attack…but…these plants has gone into extinction centuries ago…there shouldn’t be any in this era and yet…it puzzled me how he contracted this…”

“I wondered that myself…the minute I saw it, I knew right away what it is…” Spoke Yunho “these plants originated in the land that was heavily populated by dragons of fire….you should know this type of poison more than anyone…isn’t there some kind of cure?”

Yoochun was quiet with a concern look on his face “There was one…however even that is no longer in existence…”

“So what do we do?! I can’t just stand here and watch him die” Yunho snapped

“Even if you ask me I don’t know…without that plant to counter the poison…there isn’t much to do”

Junsu stood there quietly as he listens to their conversation. He felt like he had read something about this before in one of the books he took from his grandfather’s studies. The description was short but he recall a plant that Dragons feeds on however it is deadly for human to touch or even consume. He also remembers reading about a type of plant that grows in the mountain that could be used to cure poison. However he couldn’t remember the name of it. Junsu started to think more about it to until the name slowly begin to appear in his mind.

“Blood…..Hydrangea…?” Junsu spoke this name softly drawing the attention of both Yunho and Yoochun

“How…did you know of that name?” Yunho asked even more suspicious of Junsu

“I read it from a book…” spoke Junsu “is this…the plant you need to cure jaejoong?”

Yoochun nodded his head “yes...it is part of the Hydrangea family…it is a rare one that only blooms once every 3 years…but as times passes, the sighting of blood Hydrangea become less and less until it is no more....” he turn his gaze to jaejoong “without it…I’m afraid jaejoong will not make it pass tonight…”

Once again Junsu started to think as he tried his best to remember everything that was in his grandfather’s study room. Just then an image of red beautiful flowers flashed before his eyes. It was in cased in a glass case sitting on the book shelve in his grandfather’s study. It was well preserved and from the look of it, his grandfather has been taking care of it to make it bloom beautifully. He has seen it countless time as a child and always felt creep out by its redness that resemble blood.

“I think…there might be one blood Hydrangea that survived…” spoke Junsu

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked him

“My grandfather…he had one in his study room…”

Yunho reaches out and grabs Junsu by the arm tightly causing him to groan in pain. He glares at Junsu with a serious look on his face. “You better not be playing around! Right now I do not need any false hope!”

Junsu only glares back at Yunho without fear “It is not false hope...You know that my family are hunters…we have weapons…magical charms…powerful amulet in our possession that dated back to your time…not to mention he even has a well preserved dragon head in the forbidden wing of his home…so it only make sense that he will also have a blood Hydrangea…”

Yoochun step forward and grab Yunho’s hand “he does have a point Yunho…”

Upon Yoochun’s words, Yunho finally let go of Junsu before walking toward the door.

“Where are you going?” Yoochun asked

“What do you think?! To the shim family’s main house and search for the Blood Hydrangea…”

“You can’t!” Junsu spoke loudly “Right now is very dangerous for you and jaejoong…if you show up there to obtain the plant…you will not be able to escape this time…with my grandfather in a coma…the entire shim bloodline is on edge…hunters has gathered there….”

“Then what do we do?” Yoochun asked

“I’ll go…” said Junsu “I’ll go get the plant and bring it back…”

“No!” Yunho spoke “I’ll go! He is my bride…it’s faster as well…”

Junsu sigh “I know you don’t trust me…you are probably thinking I might trick you and never return with the flower…but believe me…I don’t want jaejoong to die either…he might be the only one left who can help my little brother…his survival is as important to me as it is to you…”

Yunho look Junsu in the eyes to try and see if he could pick out any lies but saw nothing. All he saw was determination to do the right thing.

“Are you sure about this?” Yoochun asked a bit worried

“I’m fine…this is still my family after all…I’ll just go there…find the plant and leave without anyone being suspicious of me…it’s easier than having you two drop by and create a huge commotion” said Junsu as he walked over to the door “I’ll try to get back as soon as possible…”

With that being said Junsu quickly exited the apartment before catching a cab to head back to his grandfather’s place. Meanwhile Yunho and Yoochun are left behind.

“I don’t know about this?” spoke Yunho as he stood by the window with his arm crossed. A doubtful expression on his face fearing that Junsu might still betray them

“Even if you don’t trust him…at least trust in me that I trust him…”

Yunho turn to Yoochun “you do know he isn’t him right?”

Yoochun lower his gaze “I know…”

“Then why are you so hang up on him? You barely know him and yet you say you trust him…he may look like Xiah but he isn’t like him…”

“I know that very well Yunho…I know he isn’t xiah…the way he act and think isn’t like him but even so I trust him…”

Yunho became quiet as he look at Yoochun a bit still worried about their safety. If Junsu decides he betray them, they might end up facing off with hundreds of hunters. He then turns his gaze to jaejoong who seem to sleep so soundlessly unaware of death knocking on his door. Yunho can’t help but blame himself for being careless that night. Even though Yoochun was able to melt the ice in Jaejoong, Yunho should have checked him thoroughly to make sure he is okay. It was because jaejoong was acting normal and seem to be in high spirit fighting those guards to get to Gummy that it slipped his mind. This was a mistake he made and now his bride is lying on the bed slowly dying and he couldn’t do anything. He clenches his fist tightly angry of himself for not being able to protect jaejoong till the end. Yoochun stood there and observed Yunho with a amuse look on his face. He had never seen Yunho make such a desperate look before. There were many people who wanted him, who will do anything to be his chosen bride and yet he could care less. Even the woman Boa whom everyone thought he will finally choose end up receiving a heart breaking rejection. Yoochun thought for sure Yunho will live his life alone and yet after so many centuries, here he is worrying over the bride he chose himself.

“He will be okay…” said Yoochun

“He better be or I will find the person responsible for this and kill him or her” Yunho glare with anger in his eyes

“How will you find this person when you don’t even know how they look like?”

Yunho turn to glare at Yoochun as his eyes started to glow a bit “if jaejoong died…I’ll destroy this entire city!”

Yoochun felt a cold chill run up his spine feeling like Yunho wasn’t kidding around. If jaejoong died, everyone in this city will be wipes out completely.

Meanwhile Jaejoong was still in dream land unaware of what is happening to him. He was still standing on the hill top looking at the little boy name Yunho and the couple holding on him in disbelief. As they started to walk away, Jaejoong found himself following the little family into what looked like a city. The place was built on top of an island out on the ocean. Everything was made of white clay giving the city a beautiful appearance. Only a stone bridge connected to this city. There were a lot of people walking back and forth on the stone bridge, what makes it even more breath taking are the multiple dragons flying in the sky. Their beautiful scales shine brightly under the sunlight reflecting multiple arrays of colors. All of them look like Yunho when he took his dragon form.

“Where…in the world am I? What is this place?” jaejoong wondered to himself.

He continues to follow the family and found himself unable to look away from the little boy who smiles brighter than the sunlight. He was cheerful, happy and friendly. Everyone seems to know who he is as they greeted him and his family respectfully. When someone needed an extra help, the little boy took it upon himself to quickly assist even though he was still just a child. After being praised for his good work, he will smile joyfully that even jaejoong found himself smiling. A group of young woman quickly gathered around the mother as they started to chat. The father and the son ended up waiting until an older man approached them.

“She looked more beautiful each time I see her…you are a lucky man” the older man spoke

“Indeed I am…I’m grateful for the heavens to bring us together…” the younger man spoke with a smile before picking up his son “as well as grateful to have Yunho as part of our family”

The old man smiled as he turns to the young Yunho “You better find yourself a beautiful and gentle bride like your mother”

“Of course I will…but I don’t know if there will any that will be better than her”

His father chuckled as the mother spoke “You don’t need to find one just like your mother Yunho…you just need to find one who will love you whole heartily…regardless if she is beautiful or not…it shouldn’t matter…what matter is the heart…if she has a good heart…a rhythm that resonate beautifully with you then that person is the right one for you…”

“How will I know?”

The Father smiled at his son “When the time come…you will know…you will feel it in here…” he pointed to Yunho’s heart “or here…” he started to tickle Yunho who chuckles

Suddenly a loud explosion echoed not too far away shaking the ground. Jaejoong ends up losing his balance and falls. However, what he falls into was a pool of redness dying his hand in red. Raging fires surrounded him as the beautiful blue sky turn dark and smokes filled the air. The once beautiful city has fallen apart. Bodies are seen lying on the ground sending jaejoong into a state of panic as he quickly stood up and frantically look around. No matter where he looks, he sees fires, blood and bodies. On one of the bodies he could recognize the black cloak.

“Hunters!” he thought to himself

He search around for the little boy and his parent but no matter where he look he couldn’t find them. He felt himself getting sick, wanting to puke upon seeing all these bodies of man women and even children. Just as he turns the corner he saw the father on his knee and in his arm is his wife whose floral dress is now dyes in red. As jaejoong look closer he realizes that the wife’s heart was missing from her body. Next to the husband is the missing heart that has been crushed while a body of a hunter lay nearby. The husband was crying while holding onto her tightly.

Jaejoong look down to his right and spotted the young Yunho standing at his side with a shocked expression on his face.

“Don’t…don’t look…!” Jaejoong spoke as he tried to cover the young Yunho’s eye hoping to shield him from the gruesome sight but his hand only went through him. He looks at Yunho and saw tears streaming down his eyes as jaejoong felt his chest tighten in pain. His heart was aching with Yunho as tears fell from his eyes feeling the overwhelming sadness, the pain and the anger.

In the meantime Yunho is standing in the bedroom next to the window looking at jaejoong. Yoochun had left the room and ventured into the living room where Gummy slept. Just then he felt a tug at his heart. It was a strange feeling an uneasy feeling filling him up. He places his hand upon his chest where his heart lies with a concern look on his face. He then turns his attention back to jaejoong wondering what is going on. That connection that he was able to develop with jaejoong suddenly started to become fainter.

“Yunho…” jaejoong spoke his name softly as Yunho moved closer to his bride and notices a single tear falling from the corner of his eye.

This caused Yunho’s chest to tighten as he sat down gently next to jaejoong. He reaches over and wipes away the tears. He was use to the violent and stubborn Jaejoong who will constantly argue with him to get his way. To see jaejoong lying here near death, deep in sleep and crying pulled at his most sensitive spot. He didn’t want to see jaejoong like this, if he has to choose, he would rather argue and fight with jaejoong. Yunho leans forward and lower himself before touching his forehead against jaejoong’s forehead with a sadden expression.

“Come back to me…don’t you dare leave me yet you hear me…” Yunho spoke softly

Standing on the building opposite the apartment complex is Boa. She looks down toward Jaejoong’s bedroom window and saw the entire thing as the expression on her face became twisted with anger.

The cab Junsu was in arrives at his grandfather’s mansion. From the look of it, the place is still under construction. There were a lot of things that were destroyed when Yunho took his dragon form. He paid the cab and took a deep breath before walking through the front door of the Shim’s main house. Immediately he is greeted by a few people he didn’t recognize. The place that is usually empty is now full of people roaming around guarding the place. There were even hunters out on the open who usually hide in the shadows. It’s as if nothing is a secret anymore, everything that was hidden, everything that was a secret is revealed for all to see. Just seeing these hunters made Junsu nervous as he quietly walk down the hallway. He made his way toward the study room praying that at least that place is unharmed. He turns the corner toward the area where the room is located and to his relief, everything was still intact. He let out a sigh of relief before taking a step forward and reaches for the door. He look at both directions in the hallway to make sure the coast is clear before opening the door and steps inside. He closes the door and let out a sigh of relief knowing that everything is going smoothly. He looks around the room to see that everything is almost emptied. Most of the items here have been moved to the forbidden wing. He looked through what is left in the room hoping the flower did not get move or it will become even harder to obtain it from the forbidden wing. After rampaging through everything in the room, he still couldn’t find the flower. His hope was in finding it was slowly disappearing as he wonders what he should do. Should he risk it and enter the wing that is probably even more dangerous or should he return empty handed and face Yunho’s wrath?

Just as he was about to give up something shinning caught the corner of his eyes. He turn toward his right and saw it shine once again. It seems to be coming from under the other side of the desk where the sunlight hits. He slowly crawl on the ground to the other side of the desk and spotted the single blood Hydrangea in a small glass case lying on the ground carelessly. He smile happily before picking it up and look at it.

“What are you doing here?” a voice echo into the room startling Junsu as he quickly tucks the flower under his sweater and turn to see Changmin behind him. He stood up and crossed his arm over the flower hidden away to keep it from falling.

“C-changmin….I thought you were with grandfather?”

“I was….but I just got back…I didn’t expect to see you here”

Junsu found it weird that right now he felt nervous in the presence of his little brother. It wasn’t like this before; the last couple of days felted like they have finally accepted each other as brother and was actually on good terms. And now everything seems to have shifted so quick that Junsu felt like changmin has become someone he should be cautious about.

“What are you doing here? I didn’t think you will come here on your own term” spoke changmin who was starting to get a little suspicious

“I…wanted to have one last look around before leaving…” he smiled nervously

“Leaving?” Changmin raised one of his eyebrows before his expression soften “I see...so you will be leaving here…when?”

“The day after tomorrow…”

“That soon huh….well that’s good…it’s better you get far away from all of this…”

Junsu couldn’t help but pity Changmin, the fact that he couldn’t do anything makes him feels even worst “You know changmin….you don’t have to do this…don’t think this is the only choice to make…”

Changmin only sigh before walking pass Junsu and headed toward the desk where his grandfather uses to always sit “the decision has been made…I won’t change it…”

“In that case I hope you don’t regret it…” spoke Junsu who felt like he shouldn’t waste anymore time trying to convince changmin when he is planning to stick to his decision “I must get going…I still have some packing to do…no matter what happen…no matter how far you plan to go…I hope you will eventually come to your sense and realize that not everyone has to follow their faith…you can fight it…you can change it if you have the will to do so…realize it before it’s too late”

Junsu started to walk toward the door but YongHwa appear right before him blocking his path.

“Without grandfather…you are the only true family I have left…I have no connection to our parent…there isn’t any love there like how I felt with grandfather and with you…” Spoke changmin as he turns around to face Junsu “That’s why it’s important to me that you stay out of this…stay where I know you will be safe…”

“Isn’t that what I am going to do?” Junsu spoke feeling more nervous now that YongHwa has blocked his only way of escape.

“Really now? if that is so…then tell me what are you hiding Junsu?” Changmin spoke from where he stood

The look in changmin’s eyes sends a chill down Junsu’ s spine as if the person he is looking at was no longer the brother he knows.