Chapter 15

Dragon bride

“AAAHHHH! This tasted so damn good!” Jaejoong shouted happily being able to eat a big juicy burger again after spending a couple of days in the forest.

“I really don’t think we should be out in the open like this? It’s dangerous” Yunho spoke almost in a whispering tone of voice fearing that they will be seen by hunters.

“Calm down…no one will recognize us in this get up” spoke jaejoong who was able to obtain for them a wig and hat with face mask.

Yunho understand that these get up is to hide their identity but in his view, it’s way too flashy. It’s drawing more attention to them than usual. Especially these colorful wigs that jaejoong pick out from a thrift store. He could hear the people sitting next to them whispering suspiciously as he pulled his hat down further to hide his eyes.

“I think we should leave” Yunho spoke

“not until I finish eating this…either you want a well feed bride or a skeleton bride” said jaejoong as he took another bite of the burger in his hand

Yunho only sigh

“I have been wondering this…” said jaejoong “for someone who has been asleep deep under the sea for so many centuries…you sure are attempting quick to your surrounding…it’s as if you aren’t even surprise by modern technology, cars or even skyscrapers…”

“When you woke me up I have been seeing everything you see…I could see your surrounding and come to understand things that did not exist during my time…”

“I see…” said jaejoong before snapping his head toward Yunho with a horrify expression and wrap his arm around his torso “you were peeping on me too weren’t you?! You sicko”

Yunho immediately stood up as people started to whisper. He grabs onto jaejoong and drags him out of the restaurant.

“Yah! I still haven’t finished my burger yet!” jaejoong whined

Yunho drags him down the street and into the alleyway where there aren’t many people. He removes his hat and the wig.

“You should mind your mouth jaejoong…know what you shouldn’t say in public…not only that I will not go around wearing something like this… It’s humiliating…” Yunho removes the wig and the hat

Jaejoong placed one of his hands upon his hip and made an expression like he could care less “You choose that wig…”

“We need to plan out our move carefully…wondering around aimlessly like this will get us both capture…”

Jaejoong only let out a sigh “fine…we will do it your way…but before that…I need to go buy some few things from the convenient store…wait here” said jaejoong as he left the alleyway and cross the street to the convenient store. Yunho only stood there and sigh in frustration as if he is the only one worrying about their safety. He can’t help but regret coming back here especially when jaejoong is the way he is caring little about the danger and his own life. After buying the necessary items, jaejoong exits the store before smelling the addicting smoke of cigarette nearby. He turns his gaze to the right and notices a group of youngsters gathered at the corner of the store smoking and chatting.

“Do you mind if I get one from you?” Jaejoong asked

The youngsters only looked at him a bit startle upon his appearance as they exchange strange looks. After obtaining the much-needed cigarette, jaejoong made his way around the corner of the store where the large green trash can is located. He sat on the other side of the trash can hiding himself as he took a puff of the cigarette and release the smoke into the air. It felts like heaven to be able to smoke again. It’s not like he is addicted and needed to smoke a pack a day. He can control his urges however after everything he was put through, he needed one so bad. But he didn’t have enough money to buy a pack of his own after buying these flashy get up, food and some few things in the store. Jaejoong places the cigarette between his full pink lips once more. But before he could take another puff, water came down upon him putting out the cigarette. It felts like someone had dumped water onto him from above but he knew this wasn’t an accident.

“Was that really necessary?” jaejoong asked soaking wet from head to toe

Yunho had appeared right next to him with his arm crossed fully disappointed in his bride “the next time you light one of those, I’ll dump you into the sea”

Jaejoong flicks the cigarette away before standing up “Now look what you did…I’m all wet…I don’t have any more money to buy new clothes either…”

With that being said jaejoong started to walk away

“Where are you going?” Yunho asked

“Back to my apartment to get a change of clothes…”

Yunho knew the apartment will be watched, if they go there, for sure they will alert the hunters.

“We can’t go there!” Yunho spoke stopping jaejoong

Jaejoong on the other hand was already irritated as he only brush Yunho off “it’s your fault I’m all wet…I need a change of clothes unless you want me to get sick” he said before digging his slender fingers into his lock of wet hair brushing it to the side.

Yunho looks at jaejoong, rather than worrying about him getting sick, Yunho was more worried about the attention he will get with the way he looked right now. Because of the water jaejoong’s seductiveness has doubled, the white shirt that jaejoong is wearing has become a bit transparent revealing the pale skin underneath. Even the white pants are revealing more than it should. Yunho noticed the two pink s that are basically standing out for the world to see. As much as going back to the apartment is dangerous, it’s even more dangerous for jaejoong to walk around looking like this. He took off his long jacket and placed it over jaejoong’s body.

“Wear this…we will need to be cautious going back to your apartment…knowing the hunters…they are probably watching your place…”

“Then how will we get inside?”

Yunho pointed up “the sky...”

Jaejoong wasn’t exactly sure what Yunho meant but before he could say anything Yunho picks him up and flew into the sky scaring him stiff.

Gummy slowly wake up only to find herself in an unfamiliar place. She was lying on a queen size bed, in a beautifully decorated bedroom with the touch of traditional Korean artistry. It took her a few seconds to get rid of the margin in her head before she started to look around the room in confusion. It wasn’t until she remembers what happens did she start to panic. Gummy run toward the door however it was locked. She then moves toward the window and was disappointed to see iron bars preventing her from escaping. Gummy wasn’t even able to push the window open.

“Help!! Some body helps me!!!” she shouted out but no one could hear her.

She wasn’t sure what is going on but she was scare. Just then she hears the door lock being unlocked as the knob slowly turns. She looks around the room to see if there was anything she can use to defend herself. Sitting on the table nearby is a ceramic vase. It was the only thing in the room that she could actually carry in her hand to use as a weapon. She quickly removes the flowers and hides on the other side of the door. Once a man emerges from the door, she swings the vase to attack her captor however the young man notices her and dodges the vase. He quickly grabs her and twists her around before wrapping his arm around her torso.

“Let go of me!!” she shouted as she starts to struggle but it was no use.

The young man was able to pick her up and tosses her back onto the bed. She quickly crawls off of the bed and place herself between the bed and the wall.

“Who…who are you?! w-what do you want with me?!” she asked in fright

“Clam down young lady…we won’t do anything to you” ByungChul spoke as he enters the room

“Won’t do anything? He just grabbed me with force and tossed me onto the bed!” she snapped

“I do apologize however you did try to attack him with a vase…” ByungChul smiled as gummy became quiet.

“What…do you want from me? If it’s money…I don’t have any…”

ByungChul chuckled “no... no...no…I do not need money from you…I am not poor enough to capture you for ransom…”

“Then what do you want?”

ByungChul took a seat in the arm chair calmly “what I want is someone you are close with…I’m hoping you might be able to draw him here so I can speak to him…”

Gummy only raise an eyebrow trying to figure out what ByungChul is after; she wasn’t exactly sure who he will be looking for.

“Why don’t you just go get him instead if he owes you money? By taking me, it’s useless…”

“This have nothing to do with money young lady…this is about something much more important…much greater than anything you can imagine…it can even safe a life...”

Once again Gummy isn’t exactly sure what ByungChul is talking about.

“I bet you must be hungry…” ByungChul spoke as he snaps his finger.

Upon his gesture, a maid came into the room with a tray full of foods as she sat it down on the table

“Please eat while we wait for him to arrive…”

“Him? Just who exactly are you waiting for?” Gummy asked

ByungChul smile widely giving her the shivers “Your so call brother…Kim jaejoong”

Meanwhile changmin sat in his grandfather’s hospital room with the same lifeless expression. The door to the room open as Junsu emerges as he sighs upon seeing his little brother.

“How long do you plan to stay coop up in this room?” Junsu asked

“For as long as he needs me to…”

“Did the old man wake up and asked you to?”

Changmin didn’t answer as Junsu stood at his side looking at this grandfather “have you even been resting?”

“I have…”

“Don’t lie to me…you have heavy bags under your eye…your eyes are bloodshot and you look like …”

Once again changmin didn’t say anything as Junsu sigh wondering what is he going to do with his little brother. How is he supposed to return to the US when changmin is acting like this?

“Changmin ah…” Junsu spoke in a serious tone of voice “the family had a meeting regarding grandpa…”

Changmin stiffen upon the mention of all the relatives meeting up

“You didn’t go so mom forced me to…and all I can say is its hell…everyone was divided into two opposing side…one side wants to keep grandfather on life support while the other side thinks it’s best to pull him off it…”

“So what is the decision?”

“The decision is to wait on you…you are the heir…. you are the next in line to lead the main house…without your words…without your opinion…they will not move forward with any final decision…”

“I…don’t think I can make a decision…”

“Do what you want to do? Don’t let the others pressure you into making a decision that you will regret…I know how much you love grandfather and how much your respect him…but to be honest…you will need to come back to your senses…”

Changmin only lower his gaze without a word or even lifting his head to look at Junsu

“This matter with the dragon and jaejoong…it is not over yet…from the look of it…it will only become worst…”

This caught changmin’s attention as he finally looks at Junsu “What do you mean?”

“When Yunho turn into the blue dragon, the entire world saw it…every branch of the shim family saw it…if our ancestors were dragon hunter…that means other branches of the shim family are also hunters…not just us…this topic was also brought up on the meeting…” Junsu paused a bit before continuing “Changmin ah…every branch of the shim family will hunt jaejoong down, they will compete to rip out his heart…some might not be at ruthless but I know there will be some who will stop at nothing to get it…”

 “But…but jaejoong isn’t even here no more…so…it doesn’t matter…”

Junsu glance at Changmin “I suppose that is true…but you know this family as much as I do…they will not give up…they have connection near and far…no matter where jaejoong go…he will be hunted…if you still cherish him…if you still want to protect him…then this is your chance to make a move…”

Junsu say no more neither did changmin. The room is once again filled with silence as changmin is once again forced to make a decision. All the memories he spent with jaejoong replay in his mind like a movie as the incident that took place at his grandfather’s mansion also appears. He closes his eyes and took a deep breath before clenching his fist tightly.

Yunho descended to the rooftop of jaejoong’s apartment complex making sure they were not seen by anyone. Their presence was fully concealed by the multiple laundry lines filled with bed sheets. From the look of it, it must have been laundry day. Yunho set jaejoong onto the ground that was more than happy to be on something solid once again.

“Next time warn me before you decided to fly…that way I can prepare my heart for such height…” said jaejoong as he still felt his heart pounding.

He turns around and starts to walk away as Yunho stood there frozen. He looks at his hand and still feels the warmth of jaejoong’s body. In the past when he touched him, he didn’t feel any strange feeling. It was normal but this time it was different. Just having jaejoong close to his body, just being able to touch him and feel his warmth fills him up with this strange feeling, this urge of not wanting to part.

“Are you coming or are you going to stay up here?” Jaejoong spoked from afar

A wind cool breeze blew pass as the multiple bed sheets sway back and forth around this beautiful man and Yunho is once again awe stricken by him. Yunho could literally see sparkles of flowers that weren’t there before popping around jaejoong.

“What’s wrong with you?” Jaejoong asked

“It’s nothing…you go on ahead” said Yunho

 Jaejoong raises an eyebrow at Yunho before turning around and heads down the stairs. Once he is out of sight Yunho let out a sigh wondering what has gotten into him. He was never like this before and yet suddenly he started seeing imaginary objects that seems to beautify jaejoong even more.

“Is my eyes going bad?” he wondered

Jaejoong walked up to his apartment door and took the spare key that he had hidden under the floor mat outside. He enters his apartment and went to his bedroom as the familiar scent made him feel at home. He grabs a change of clothes and a towel before heading to the bathroom. He looks at himself in the mirror and frowned upon how horrible he looked. Those last couple of days hiding in the forest has made his skin dull and dry. He removes the clothes that was tightly clinging onto his body and tosses them into the trash. He turns on the water knob as the bathroom is quickly filled with hot steams. Jaejoong steps inside bear from top down as the warm water kisses his skin gently. After washing himself, jaejoong changes into his clothes and felt refresh. He was still messaging his wet hair with a towel when he enters the living room only to see that Yunho has yet to come down from the roof.

“What is that guy doing?” Jaejoong wondered as he returns to his bedroom

He tosses the slightly wet towel onto his bed and was about to leave when something caught his attention. It was a red envelope sitting on his bed, one that he knows for sure he doesn’t have. This made him wonder who could have put it there and rather it was Gummy. With curiosity jaejoong walks closer to the bed with no sense of danger. He reaches down toward the envelope and picks it up before looking at it strangely wondering what could be inside. There wasn’t anything written on the envelope except for his name on the front. Jaejoong opens the envelope and notice it was a photo. As he pulls it out his eyes widen in complete shock.

Yunho was still on the roof top looking down at the neighborhood from above to see if he could pick out any hunters that are watching this place like before. But no matter where he looks, nothing seems out of the ordinary. This only made it stranger that no one is here watching; it makes him wonder what the shim family is planning. As he looks down he spotted his bride to be running out of the apartment complex in a hurry down the street.

“That guy…as soon as we get back to the city, he causes trouble for me” thought Yunho

He was about to go after jaejoong and find out what happen when he felt a familiar presence. He slowly turns around as the white bed sheets sway back and forth upon the wind. He could hear a gentle footstep coming toward him but these sheets were blocking his view. A shadow could be seen behind a bedsheet as Yunho felt himself become nervous. His heart was racing as he looks at the shadow that is in the shape of a woman. He could make out the long hair swaying back in forth behind the bed sheet.

“Yunho…” a soft woman voice echoed his name into his ear as he recognized this voice.

As the wind came to a complete stop, the bed sheets also stop moving however the shadow that was there has disappear. Yunho quickly searches the rooftop but the person who was here is nowhere to be seen. He starts to wonder if what he saw was real or if his eyes have really gone bad. However, the voice that spoke his name was not an illusion. He felt his chest tighten and his heart starts to remember the familiar pain and anger from deep inside him. His past memories flashes before his eyes as an image of Boa appears giving him an unsettling feeling.  At this moment, he realizes that he had forgotten about jaejoong. He quickly rushes toward the edge of the building but it was too late, jaejoong had disappeared from sight.

Changmin return to his house after being pressured to get some rest by the nurse and doctor. He didn’t want to leave however it was either by himself or they will him home. When changmin enters the house, it was dark as a sign that his parent is not home. It was quiet filled with a sense of eeriness. This was what he usually comes home to thus he always heads out to hang with jaejoong rather than coming home. Rather than then turning on the lights, changmin headed up the stairs to his room. He opens the door and enters before closing it behind him. He let out a heavy sigh as he lowers his gaze. However, when he lifted his gaze from the floor, he felt a strong punch to his cheek sending him back against. A hand reaches out and grabs him by the collar of his shirt slamming him hard against the wooden door squeezing it tightly. Changmin turn his gaze and his eyes widen in shock. It wasn’t the tightness around his neck that prevented him from uttering a word but it was those cold angry eyes. He had never had jaejoong look at him this way before. It was frightening that his entire body numbed.

 “Where is she?!” jaejoong demanded

“w-where is who?” changmin asked in return fully confused

“Don’t play dumb with me changmin! Where is Gummy?!”

“I don’t know what you are talking about?!”

This only made jaejoong angrier as he tossed changmin who slammed into his desk chair and falls down. Jaejoong grabs onto him and punch him on the right cheek.

“I had always seen you as a true friend changmin! Even though you are a pest…even though you never leave me alone…you were like family to me as much as Gummy is…and yet…you dare to pull a stunt like this?! It’s unforgivable…”

Changmin could feel his cheek throbbing painfully but he still manages to speak “I really don’t know what you are talking about?!”

Jaejoong took out the picture and shove it to Changmin “look at this and tell me you don’t know!”

Changmin did just that as his eyes went from jaejoong to the picture of Gummy being bonded and unconscious. There was a hand-written note ‘Find her if you can- Mr. Shim’. Changmin was as surprise as Jaejoong was when he saw this picture. He no longer cared about jaejoong as he stood up and took the picture to get a better look.

“What…what happen? Why…why is Gummy in this position? Is this some kind of sick joke?!” changmin asked jaejoong

“I should be asking you that question….” Spoke jaejoong “I understand that because I am the dragon bride, your family will come after me but to go after the people I care about is crossing the line”

“Listen to me jaejoong…I do not know about any of this…I have nothing to do with this…!”

“You don’t…but I know your grandfather had something to do with it…!”

Changmin look at the picture still in shock that everything ends up coming down to involving innocent lives. He knows for a fact that it can’t be his grandfather because he is still at the hospital. This only means that what Junsu said is true, the other branches have started to make their moves.

“I don’t care what you have done rather you were helping your grandfather because you felt like you have no choice…but right now…I need you to help me save Gummy…she is a family to me as much as she is to you…”

Changmin hesitated “I…I…don’t…know if I can…”

This only fueled jaejoong’s anger as he walks right up to changmin and grab him by his shirt “I don’t care if you can or can’t! Right now, Gummy needs help and the only who can help me is you!”

Rather than scare changmin only look at jaejoong with fearful eyes “I can’t…I can’t…” he mumbled “I have to stay by his side…”

Jaejoong finally let go of changmin as he took a step back “whose side?”

Changmin lower his gaze “my grandfather…he…he had a heart failure and is now on life support…the doctor…he…said that my grandfather might not wake up…I can’t leave his side…”

This took jaejoong by surprise; he knew how close changmin was to his grandfather so this reaction is to be expected. Now he felt guilty for hitting changmin and for acting so harsh. He softens his gaze as the anger in him seems to have subsided.

“What…happen?” jaejoong asked

“My grandfather was sick…he wasn’t going to have much time left to live thus he went after you jaejoong…he wanted to live longer…it was because of that desire that he did what he did…I can’t apologize enough on his behalf for what you were forced to go through…I’ll spend the rest of my life making up for the mistakes that were made on his behalf as well as mind…but on that day when you set Yunho free…he took you away…my grandfather went into shock and had a heart attack causing his heart to fail….he has been on life support ever since then…”

Jaejoong pause as he looks at changmin to see if he was lying. There was no ounce of lie in those brown eyes. But this only means that some else is responsible for this. He took the picture from changmin and heads toward the door

“Where are you going?” changmin asked

“To find Gummy and kick this baster’s ”

Changmin quickly grab onto jaejoong preventing him from leaving “its dangerous jaejoong!”

“I don’t give a damn! Even if this person is your family rather they are close or not…I’ll kill them if they as much as scratch her…” jaejoong glared

“It is still dangerous to go alone…what about your dragon?” changmin asked “he could do more then what you or I can do…he could storm in there and save Gummy without you being in danger”

Jaejoong glares at changmin before yanking his arm away from him “The first person I thought that could help me was you! Considering that this is your family, I thought you will be better fit…but I guess I was wrong…”

With that being said jaejoong excites the house as changmin stood in his middle of his bedroom feeling the sting upon his cheeks. Even his elbow was hurting when he slammed against the chair. Jaejoong wasn’t holding back at all. He went to the mirror in his room and looks at his face. He could taste the blood in his mouth. Most likely the skin inside has been torn by jaejoong’s punch earlier. Changmin walks to the bathroom and turns on the water in the sink. He washes his mouth rinsing out all the blood. The last few words from jaejoong replay in his mind as he recalls that disappointed expression from the man he loved. The sound of water running echoes into the bathroom as changmin stood there frozen. All kind of memories flashed before his eyes, it was a time of fun, smiles, laughter, danger and happiness being with Jaejoong. There was even time of tears when jaejoong almost died getting stabbed in one of the fights. He even remembers getting scolded with jaejoong by Gummy for what happened. It was the first time anyone had really scolded him. His parent and even his grandfather never once yell at him or try to hurt him to teach him a lesson like Gummy. After a few minutes, he turns off the water and took out his phone.

“This is changmin…gather everyone from every household…I am ready to make my decision”

Jaejoong was walking through a park trying to figure out where Gummy could be held captive. He had checked a few places that he knows the shim family likes to gather per Changmin but found nothing. At this point darkness has already surrounded him as the little light lift from the setting sun vanished.

“you have been running around like a mouse trap in a maze…. what exactly are you doing?” came Yunho’s voice

Jaejoong only glared “don’t stop me…”

“That depends…what are you planning on doing?”

Jaejoong stood there as he tosses the photo to Yunho who look at it a bit surprise by what he saw “this is a trap...”

“I know” said jaejoong “but I have to save her…it’s me they want anyway…”

“You could have come to me…” Yunho spoke

“I knew you will oppose to the idea of me going searching for her…it will put me in the open after all”

“True…I would have opposed it after what you went through the first time…this time it’s no different except they have a different bait to lure you in…”

“Unlike you she is a normal human being who has no strength to defend herself…handle it the wrong way and she will die…”

Yunho walked toward jaejoong and hands him the photo before turning around without saying a word or even try to argue with him.

“Why…aren’t you stopping me?” jaejoong asked

“Do you want me to stop you?” Yunho asked as jaejoong shook his head “You are my bride…I care for nothing more than your safety…I could grab you and lock you up…I could teleport you somewhere far away to keep you safe…I can even take you back to that cave where you can never escape…the last time you were close to having your heart taken…usually I would try to stop you but this time I won’t…”

“And why is that?”

Yunho slightly turn to look at jaejoong and smiled “this time…you have me standing at your side correct? I’ll for sure protect you”

Jaejoong felt his heart raced upon that smile as the same heat started to fill his body. He quickly averted his gaze and clears his throat.

“Y-you must have been big player back then being able to say those things without as much as any hesitation”

“Will…I was pretty popular…. hundreds of woman lines up wanting me to make them my bride”

“Are you seriously boasting?”

Yunho only smirked “maybe…”

Jaejoong only took a few steps when a breeze blew pass however this breeze felted different, it was colder almost like ice being pressed against the skin. He could feel the icy coldness crawling inside him and trying to reach his heart. He could even see his own breath which was usual because it’s the middle of summer.

“Jaejoong ah!” Yunho shouted upon noticing his bride turn pale. To jaejoong, Yunho’s voice sounded so far away even though he was standing right next to him.

Just then fire appears surrounding them as the icy coldness disappears. Jaejoong felt like he could breathe again as his body starts to warm up once more.

“Jaejoong ah! Are you okay?!” Yunho asked with a panic look on his face

Jaejoong could only nod his head in response unsure as to what just happen. 

“Are you two okays?” Came Yoochun’s voice as he descended from the sky toward them

“Yoochun? What are you doing here?” Yunho asked

“I was searching for you…I happen to pass by and sensed your energy coming from here…I could also feel a strong magic at work as well” Yoochun’s expression changed to one of seriousness

Before Yunho could say anything, footsteps could be heard. They turn their gaze to the front of them as a person dressed in a black cloak making his or her way toward them. This person’s identity was hidden under the shadow of the hood. But one thing is clear; whatever just happens to jaejoong was this person’s doing.

“Yunho…” spoke Yoochun

“Yes…I know…” said Yunho with a serious look on his face before he stood in front of jaejoong as his eyes started to glow a golden light. Yoochun joined him as his eyes also begin to glow under the night sky.

The person laughed “You must be lucky to have the protection of not just one dragon but two…and two of the most dominant race of dragons…water and fire….”

“Who are you?” Jaejoong asked with a glare

“If you want to find her…you will have to go through me first…” this person held up a red envelope “this has a clue to her where about…”

Meanwhile MinSeok got ready after the call for another family meeting. He slips on his best attire before exiting the house and enters the car. Upon his signal, the driver starts to pull the car from the curve. Also in the car is another man sitting at the front passenger seat.

“This is what ByungChul has been up to…” the young man spoke before handing the photos to MinSeok who only smiled

“He must be having fun…to target the people closest to the bride is typical…”

“What do you plan to do?”

“There is nothing to do…he is basically testing the water before getting into it...all we have to do is sit back and enjoy the show…beside …our act will be the finale” he smiled

Every branch of the shim family once again gathered as silence filled the air. Many were anxious to hear from the heir and finally hear the decision regarding the previous head. However, no one spoke to another. The room was filed with total silence as everyone look at one another like enemies. Even people who use to have a softer expression seem to have quickly changed after the last meeting.  The door to the meeting hall opened as changmin enters. He was well dressed with his hair perfectly combed but the bloodshot eyes and the heavy bags under his eyes were still visible. Upon his appearance, everyone turns their attention to the heir of the shim family, the next head of the main house. They bowed to him as he walked pass them to the front. He made sure to look at each and everyone in the room. There were two particular people who seem to stand out from the crowd base on the look in their eyes, their sense of calmness and the smile upon their face. He made a mental note to keep a close eye on these two-family members. Once at the front changmin turn to his relatives and felted nervous from their gaze. He took a deep breathe, close his eyes and calm his body. He reminded himself why he needed to do this.

“With my grandfather unable to lead…I Shim changmin will lead in his place” he spoke loud and clear “I understand all of you have been anxious…have been fighting…arguing on what to do with the previous head…I do apologize for neglecting my duty and for not making my appearance among you all…but now I stand before you not as a young master but as your next leader…..I have come to a decision that my grandfather, the previous head of the main house will remain on life support until he pass…”

People in the room started whispering while others were already showing some kind of objection

“That is my decision…anyone dare to go against my words?”

No one said a word; even those who did not agree were silent.

“I understand there are ancients’ rules that bond each household to their place…the previous heads have continued this tradition of ranks to treat a certain household differently rather they are full blood or not…as for me I do not wish for such a thing…thus…I am disposing of these rules…”

This caused everyone in the room to quickly talk among each other in shock that someone like changmin will be daring enough to do something like nulling these rules. Changmin could tell this was making them reckless and nervous.

“Those from the lower rank will no longer be treated such way…every house hold will be equal and expected to be treated the same…anyone who disobey this will have me to answer to…”

MinSeok stood at the back of the room listening to this announcement in amusement while ByungChul seem to be showing some bitterness toward the new head. Being in the second branch gives him privilege that others didn’t get and for everyone to receive the same was unfair.

“The matter regarding the dragon and the bride…”

Everyone became silence once more as changmin made sure he made direct eye contact with each of them “as the head of the main house I will lead the hunt…anyone who walks over me and act on their own will be severely punish…the heart of the dragon bride will be in my hand…”