First Act

Foolish Beat

 

            Seohyun and Kyuhyun walked in the dining room hand-in-hand while messing with each other.

            “Good afternoon, Mrs. Cho,” greeted Seohyun to Mrs. Cho. That was the second time she faced her since she arrived in that house. Her Taeyeon unnie is the one who usually talks with Mrs. Cho. But she wondered why her sister wasn’t there. She wanted her Taeyeon unnie to see how good she is in acting.

            “You didn’t go to church, Mom?” asked Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun pulled a chair for Seohyun.

            “I postponed it so that I can get the chance to talk to the both of you.”

            “About what, Mom?” Kyuhyun took the serving plate of the rice. He placed rice on her plate.

            “Thank you.”

            “You seem to be in good terms,” commented Mrs. Cho. “When did you meet each other?”

            “Yesterday. I was sleeping in the entertainment room when she came in. When I opened my eyes, I found myself face-to-face with an angel.”

            “Angel? Not really,” Seohyun said.

            “Kyuhyun, do you already know about the ----”

            “Wedding? Seohyun told me yesterday,” Kyuhyun casually replied to his mother.

            “What do you think about what I did?”

            “It’s okay, Mom. I’ll do anything you want as long as it will give you happiness. Try this. It’s good. It’s my favorite.” Kyuhyun placed beef steak on her plate.

            “We already ate. I might not finish that.”

           “Don’t worry. I’ll be the one to finish it if you won’t”

            There was a smile on Mrs. Cho’s face while watching them. “I think you don’t oppose my plan because of Seohyun. Am I right, Kyuhyun?”

            Kyuhyun looked like he was foolishly in love with her. “I can be her husband.”

            Seohyun acted as if she’s embarrassed by the look Kyuhyun gave her.

            “Finally, you made me happy, Kyuhyun,” said Mrs. Cho. “Where’s Donghae anyway? I haven’t seen him since yesterday. And Leeteuk, too.”

            “Leeteuk hyung is probably sleeping in his office because he over timed last night. About Donghae, I don’t have the slightest idea where he is. Why don’t you just call him up?”

            Mrs. Cho ordered one of the maids to get her phone. She called Donghae. “Why is he not answering his phone?

            “Maybe he’s just busy, Mom.”

            “How busy is he that he can’t even answer my call?” Mrs. Cho pressed some buttons on her phone.

            “What are you doing now, Mom?”

            “I have to know where he is.” Mrs. Cho’s forehead crinkled. “Is it just a sheer coincidence?”

            “What is, Mom?”

            “I located your brother. He is currently in Jeju Island.”

            “Tiffany unnie is also in Jeju Island!” exclaimed Seohyun.

            “Really?” Kyuhyun said.

            “Maybe they’ll see each other there,” replied Seohyun. She turned to Kyuhyun. “Right?”

            Kyuhyun gave her a hesitant smile. “I don’t think so. Jeju Island is big.”

            Mrs. Cho placed her phone on top of the dining table. “I guess I have to leave Donghae’s future to fate.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another update chingus!

How was it?

Comments are very much appreciated.

You can comment your suggestions, too.

Kamsahamnida!

Hwaiting!

^_^