First Date?

Foolish Beat


 

            Seohyun told Kyuhyun that they should at Jack’s because their breakfast meals are her favorite. And because Kyuhyun is the one paying, she ordered different varieties of pancakes.

            “Can you finish all that?” he asked.

            She nodded. “Uhm.” She sliced a big portion of strawberry pancakes and ate it all. “Delicious!”

            He chuckled. “I enjoy watching you.”

            Seohyun slightly hit him with her elbow. “Don’t just watch me. You should also eat.” Seohyun pointed at the food he ordered. “That’s also yummy. That’s Tiffany unnie’s favorite.”

            Kyuhyun picked up his fork and knife. “Where’s Tiffany again?”

            “Jeju Island.”

            “What is she doing there?”          

            “She’s on a vacation with her friends. Tiffany unnie is kind, pretty and is hopelessly romantic. I think your brother Donghae is going to like her.” She noticed that Kyuhyun suddenly stopped eating. “Why? You don’t want your brother to marry my unnie?”

            “It’s not that.”

            She didn’t believe him. “I think you’re just lying.”

            “It’s not that I don’t want Donghae hyung to marry Tiffany. It’s just that, you don’t know Donghae hyung that well.”

            “Why? What’s your brother like? Is he bad? Is he the black sheep of your family?”

            “Aniyo. Donghae hyung is not bad. They’re just too different. He’s not romantic. In fact, he doesn’t want to fall in love. He’s not ready. That’s why I think it’s not a good idea to force him to marry your sister.”

            “Force? Is Mrs. Cho just forcing you three to marry us?”     

            Kyuhyun gave a sad expression and nodded. “Unfortunately, yes.”

            Seohyun’s mouth went wide. It’s not what she expected. She noticed that he was shocked when she told him that she’s the one he’s going to get married to. But because he didn’t act violently, it never crossed her mind that Mrs. Cho was just forcing them. “I didn’t know your mother is wicked,” Seohyun said.

            Kyuhyun gave a deep sigh. “Yes. She’s wicked. She’s not gonna give us our inheritance if we won’t follow her."

            Before, she only heard this kind of stories in shows and soap operas. She didn’t know it also happens in real life. Seohyun cupped his face. “I feel sorry for you.”

            “Neh.” Kyuhyun went beside her and leaned on her shoulder. “Will you help me?”

            “How can I help you?”

            “I’m still 22 years old. I still have many things I want to do in my life that won’t come true the moment my mom forces me to get married. I need you to back out from our engagement.”

            “Taeyeon unnie will get mad.”
           
“Don’t be scared of your sister. Taeyeon will also back out because at this very moment, Leeteuk hyung  is talking to her about this matter. Your only problem is the money to save your house, that’s why you agreed on marrying us. Am I right?”

            “Neh.”

            “Stay here. I’ll just get something from my car.” Kyuhyun left and when he came back, he brought with him a checkbook. He took out the first page of the checkbook and gave it to her.

            “What’s this?”

            “That’s the total amount of money you’ll be getting once you marry me. I’ll just be the one to give it to you. On one condition, your loyalty should be with me and not with my mother.”

            Seohyun thought that if she showed the check to her Taeyeon unnie, she might agree to back out from the offer of Mrs. Cho. She might even be happy that they don’t need to get married. “Okay. I’ll talk to Taeyeon unnie later.”

            Kyuhyun pinched her cheeks. “Thanks, Hyunnie. You’re an angel.”

            “You’re welcome.” Seohyun took another big bite on her pancakes. “Hmmm. Yummy!”

            He chuckled again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyaa! How’s the update chingus?

Hope you like it!

Kamsahamnida!

Hwaiting!

^_^