Crush or Not?

Foolish Beat

 

             Seohyun was bored in playing computer games so she decided to visit her friend, Sunny. She turned off the computer and searched her bag for something to wear. She opted for a white tank top and layered skirt. She placed a white headband on her hair.

            “Going somewhere?”

            She peeked in the entertainment room. Kyuhyun was inside. “Hello! I didn’t know you already got home,” she greeted him. “I’m going to visit my friend.”

            “Don’t you work?”

            “I’m still looking for a job. How about you? Why are you always here unlike your two brothers? Do you have a job?”

            “Sometimes. Can I ask you a favor?”

            “What kind?”          

            Kyuhyun went out of the entertainment room. He looks like he’s looking for someone. “Did you see Mom when you went down?”

            “Aniyo.”

            “Maybe she’s still in the kitchen to supervise the preparation for lunch.” Kyuhyun pulled her inside the entertainment room. He pushed the sliding door closed. “Like what you told me, Mom is matching us up and she wants us to get married. We’ll pretend that we’re developing feelings for each other. That will make her think that her plan is succeeding.”

            “Why would you want your mother to think we’re liking each other?”

            “So that she won’t raise any suspicion. When she really believes that we’re in love with each other, we’re going to pretend again that we had a big fight. You’ll leave me. I would act devastated about our break-up. Mom’s gonna feel sorry for me. She’ll regret that she ever introduced you to me. Did you get it?”

            She nodded. “Uhm.”

            “Will it be hard for you to act in front of Mom?”

            “Aniyo. I was an actress way back in high school,” she proudly said.

            “Good. Cancel your plan for today.”

            “Okay, fine. I’ll visit Sunny some other time.”

            “Let’s sit down. Later, Mom will call us for lunch.”

            They sat down on the couch. Kyuhyun gave the remote control of the TV to Seohyun.

            “You choose what we should watch.”

            She switched the channel to Cartoon Network.

            “You like cartoons?”

            She nodded. “Uhm.”

            He chuckled. “I like it when you do that.” Kyuhyun imitated Seohyun’s nod. “Uhm! You’re so cute.”

            “Thank you.”

            “Do you have a boyfriend, Hyunnie?”

            “None.”

            “Why? It’s nice to have a boyfriend.”

            “Maybe I’ll have one, when I get tired of having crushes on cute guys.” She smiled at him.

            “Why are you smiling like that?” Kyuhyun pinched the tip of her nose. “You think I’m cute?”

            Seohyun looked at the TV screen. “Nope.”

            “If I know. Look me in the eye and tell me that you don’t find me cute.”

            “I told you, I don’t find you cute!”

            “Look at me.”

            “There.” She faced him but with her eyes closed.

            “Why are your eyes closed? Don’t cheat. I’ll kiss you if you won’t open your eyes.”

            “Don’t!” She opened her eyes.

            “C’mon, tell me,” he urged. “Am I cute or not?”

            “You’re not cute.” She laughed delightfully when he frowned at her. “You’re handsome. Very.”

            “I knew it! I’m one of those guys you said you have a crush on, right?”

            “You wish!” Seohyun said. But he was right. He was her new crush. She knew from him that his father’s an Australian that’s why he’s got a white complexion and brown hair. He also told her that he often goes there for vacation since he was a kid. That explained his Aussie drawl.

            He smiled. It seems like he’s used to girls having a crush on him so he didn’t believe her. “Are you sure?”

            “Of course,” Seohyun replied. “I don’t have a crush on you.”

            Kyuhyun placed his arm around her shoulder. “That’s good. You won’t feel conscious around me. You can act more natural in front of Mom.”

            She’s sure that she won’t get conscious around him. She’s comfortable with all her crushes. The more comfortable she feels, the more she wants to be with him.

            Seohyun leaned on him. “Don’t worry. Mrs. Cho won’t suspect a thing. Taeyeon unnie told me to give my best if you want me to do anything.”

            Kyuhyun glanced at Seohyun’s hand on his thighs. “Really?”

            She nodded. “Uhm.”

            They heard a knock on the sliding door. “That’s Mom,” Kyuhyun whispered. “Tighten your hug.”

            “Like this?”

            “Come in,” Kyuhyun told the person knocking on the sliding door.

            The sliding door opened. It wasn’t Mrs. Cho who was behind the sliding door but a maid. She looks young. “Young master, lunch is served.”

            “We’ll be there,” Kyuhyun replied.

            The maid gave her a you-don’t-belong-here look before closing the sliding door. Seohyun pouted. What’s the problem that all the employees of that house seems to detest her?

            “C’mon,” Kyuhyun invited Seohyun. He pulled her up. “Let’s start the show.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waaaaahhh! Was it too mushy??

Hope you like it chingus!

Major SeoKyu moment here..

Comments are very much appreciated.

Kamsahamnida!

SeoKyu Hwaiting!

^_^