by your side.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

by your side.

by your side close to someone, especially so as to give them comfort or moral support

The two of them are currently on the car, it was already night. They just went out for a meal, all of it due to the sudden outburst of Baekhyun’s stomach – god, he feels like burying himself to the deepest pit of the earth for it – and then Taeyeon suggests that they could have an early dinner. Of course, the black haired boy didn’t let that chance slips out of his hands so he agrees to it. He actually wants to pay for the whole meal but the younger one between the two told him to just pay for his part. Baekhyun should admit that it kind of hurt his pride a little, but he thinks that he needs to let it go just like that anyway.

They would have been at home around this time, but they change their destination in the middle of the road. Miyoung just asks him to go to the hospital to fetch her if he can, and Baekhyun initially wants to drop her off to home first before going to the hospital but then Taeyeon brush that idea off from him. “It would be longer to do it and besides, I kind of want to visit Kibum if I can.” She said earlier and that’s why right now the two of them are heading to the hospital that Kibum is admitted to.

When they have finally reached the hospital, Baekhyun quickly parks his car and then, the two of them get off. It’s not that hard to find Kibum’s room since the hallway to it was crowded with most of his and Baekhyun’s classmates. Taeyeon walks quickly to the room at the end of the hall, while Baekhyun was chatting with his other friends. She meets Miyoung besides the door and the older girl gives her a smile. “It seems like he’s so excited to meet you when I told him about it earlier.” Miyoung said and Taeyeon nods, “Well, he probably thinks I won’t go here so… maybe, he just got happy.” She stated.

Miyoung only mutter a small yeah and with another nod, Taeyeon grab the door’s handle before she twist it and it opened. The room was so bright, the walls are green and white and the scent of it is just like vanilla. She smiles at the sight of the brown haired boy and ruffled his hair – making the latter groaned in annoyance which of course, she didn’t care about – and then took a seat beside his bed. “So… you told me that you’re not in any serious condition but what’s this? You’re still in the hospital.” Taeyeon said and frowned at her best friend. Kibum could only smiles sweetly at her.

“Okay, maybe I kind of lied a bit. The doctor told me I need to get bed rest until the end of Sunday and as I say, I will have a cast over my leg and also, I kind of can’t do anything with my right leg since it’s kind of broken.” Kibum said and Taeyeon glares at him. “I don’t want you to worry about it, Tae.” He said and she sighed once again, “I would rather worry about you then remain oblivious.” She said and Kibum knows exactly what she refers to by that.

“Don’t ever hide things from me.” She said as she places her head on the hard mattress. Kibum chuckles at her words before he answers, “Well. Who starts it first? You do, Tae. I know there are many things that you’re hiding from me- like maybe, things about Baekhyun-” “I don’t have things about him to hide!” She screamed and Kibum just laughs at her – oh, how much she got worked up whenever he mentions her step brother. “Are you sure about it?” Kibum asked her once again and the girl turns red.

Just as if on cue, there’s a soft knock on the door and once it opened, a familiar figure person popped out from behind it. He kind of stops on his steps when he saw the two of them though – not like he didn’t expect it, but still. “Hey, bro. Is your leg injured that badly?” He asked and Taeyeon could hear a worrying tone on his voice. “Ah, well, it is injured that badly. Anyway, did the two of you come here together?” Kibum asked the black haired guy – whose face turns red all of sudden – and the latter nods.

“A-a-any-anyway… since the two of you are talking then please continue to do so. I’m going to get myself some drinks. Do you two want some?” He offers the two other in the room and Taeyeon weakly shouts a ‘hot chocolate’ and Kibum only shook his head. Baekhyun nods his head once again before he disappears from the two best friends’ sight. Kibum shot a look to her before he smiles slowly and ruffles her hair, “You finally warm up to him, don’t you?” Kibum asked her and she sighed before she nods.

“Is it weird for me… to do so?” She asked him, even though she knows that the answer is no. She just somehow felt like she needs to ask him about it. Kibum’s chuckles echoes through the room before he sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter