to trust.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

to trust.

 

to trust to place confidence in somebody or in somebody's good qualities, especially fairness, truth, honor, or ability

Baekhyun isn’t sure about what’s happening to his step sister right now, and also he’s not sure with everything that’s going on. Baekhyun has only seen her cry a few times – mostly it’s when she’s all alone, and Baekhyun guesses that it happens when she think about her parents who already died. For all the time he knows her – which is around 5 years already – Taeyeon has never shed tears for even when she’s bullied by the seniors in the school before or when Haera did all the bad things to her. Usually, Taeyeon would be upset instead of getting all emotional, rather than to let her guard down by conveying her emotions through her tears – even if it’s actually a normal thing to do.

But now, she’s crying hard. It’s been 10 minutes since it happens and right now, Baekhyun is in her room, lying down on her bed while she’s beside him – and her face still buried in his chest. Baekhyun didn’t really care if his tee shirt is wet, all he wants right now is for her to calm down but it seems like she’s not going to. Baekhyun just keep silent as he ran down his hand through her smooth black hair or as he pats her head – trying his best to make her forget whatever happened with his mother.

Around 10 more minutes passed by, and Baekhyun could finally feel her breathing become even – it’s stable even though there are still sobs that are heard by him. “Did you feel better now?” He asked her softly and he could feel her light nod. One of her hands are reaching his and she slowly intertwine it together, and all that Baekhyun do was staying silent, letting the girl do whatever she wanted to. “Hmm… Baekhyun?” She called his name softly and the boy only hummed at her call. “It’s okay for me to be against something that I didn’t want, right?” She asked him. Baekhyun could sense the curiosity in her voice, and also the fear, the hesitance, and how much she’s concerned about something in her mind.

“It’s always ok to be against what you didn’t want. It’s just that you should choose it wisely, so you don’t end up drowning in your own regrets. You can’t have everything as you want it to be.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon knows very well that he’s right, and from the way he talks, it just remind her more of the guy’s mother. Haera talked about that earlier, this is the thing that she needs to do to live, but does she want to be alive when she’s unhappy about it? No. But even if she stays happy, she can’t support herself to live – and those are unfortunately the only two decisions. Taeyeon sighed heavily.

“Mother… she wants me to… get married with Kibum.” Taeyeon finally said it and she shut her eyes tightly and prayed hard so that the guy that’s beside her won’t be mad about it but instead, what she heard is a sob. And that’s when she realizes that he’s crying. She looked up, trying to take a look at his face but he knows better than to show it to her. One of his hand crept to the back of her head and Baekhyun hugs her tightly, pressing her face against his chest once again as he tries his best to hide his sob – which came out muffled instead because he held it back.

“Why… why should it be you?” He asked in between his sobs and Taeyeon shook her head before she croaked out, “I-I also didn’t know. She told me it’s something to do about the company.” Taeyeon said and both of them fell silent at the mention of the prestigious business that their family had – these are one of the times that Baekhyun actually wish that he’s not in the family, that he actually thought that he should have follow his father instead of his mother, the times when regret actually try to wash him away and drown him in the agonizing emotion.

“The company has been in an up and down situation lately and she’s worried about it. And to resolve that, she… she set up a marriage between me and Kibum.” Taeyeon explained in details and once again, Baekhyun didn’t answer her. The company’s situation… he thought. Once again, it made him recall the memory of the night his mother got drunk and what she told him at that time. Yeah, she’s right. If his grades are dropping all the time, how can his mother expect him to run such a big business that is associated with so many people? Is this because he disappoints his mother?

But why should it be Taeyeon? Why can’t it be Miyoung? If it’s Miyoung, then everyone would have ended up happy. Kibum likes the girl, and Baekhyun is pretty sure that his twin sister actually likes him too. And then, maybe, maybe, he can be together with the girl he has fallen in love with for such a long time. It’s only been around a month – if not less – since he finally captured her heart and this suddenly shows up, asking him to came down from all his dreams and hope, from his place that is right beside her but no, Baekhyun won’t come down and just g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter