family.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

family.

fa·mi·ly a group of people who are related to each other

"So... the Kim's are fine with what you said?" Baekhyun asked her, his hands searching for a sponge to clean up the dirty dishes. It was after the dinner. Haera was the first one to went out from the dining room, making the unberable silence lifted up and Miyoung only shoot up a smile and thumbs up to her after that before she exited the room - she was so busy on her phone, and by the way her expression screams 'relieved' and how she smile, Taeyeon thinks that it's probably Kibum that she's talking with - and after that, Baekhyun asked her if she wants to do the dishes together and even if that is not what she wants to do first when she was with him, Taeyeon found herself agreeing to it because... well, it's Baekhyun.

So here they are. Both of their hands covered with rubber gloves as they cleanse out the dirty plates - which is fortunately not stacked up into some kind of tower because that would be a disaster. Taeyeon nods her head before she turns to faces him and then let out a chuckle. "You know, they were so persistent to change my mind. They told me all the risks I should took, the damages it may cause, and all those business thing that they care about for and I was... so close to giving up. They're really stubborn." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun urged her to continue, "But in the end, Kibum joined in too. He told them all the things he have kept to himself and... I guess they know they lose in the end and they agree just like that." She continued and Baekhyun swears he saw tears on her eyes as she talks.

"It's just... so... so touching. I always seen them as bad people- oh, well, they kinda are- and they never really care about Kibum before but the way they finally took his opinion to a consideration... I felt touched." Taeyeon said and then silence fell over them. For Baekhyun, he didn't know how to respond to this. His parents... his real parents... he already forgot about them a long time ago. He never took any feelings that he got from them seriously starting from... around last year, he guesses. But when he really think about it, has his parents even take his opinion to a consideration? Never, really.

Taeyeon notices the way Baekhyun fell into silent and the girl gently put her hand on his shoulder. "Hey, you're okay?" She asked him, softly to not pressure him and Baekhyun only nods his head. She knows he wasn't though. "I just get caught up on my thoughts." He said, finally after a long silence. Baekhyun taps the sink and the water stop flowing, making the silence between them even more... unbearable. Taeyeon sighed in defeat, is he going to be like this to her? They already finish washing all the dirty dishes, but both of them stays in their place, side by side and without talking. Taeyeon guesses that it may be enough for the two of them right now.

"I was thinking back about my father, you know." Baekhyun spoke out, finally, breaking the insufferable silence that has been placed between them since earlier. "He was a great father. He showered me with love all now and then. He's really kind, and he's caring. Like, he always tries to spend his time with me and Miyoung. And he used... used to really love mother back then. But I only realize now, he never takes my opinion seriously. He always stand by his own and never really care about others opinion. If I'm not wrong that's how our family starts to become a mess. My father never takes my mother's opinion." Baekhyun explained and Taeyeon waste no time to pull him into a tight embrace.

She could feel him flinched a bit at the sudden initiation of skinship but then, his body relaxed more and Baekhyun finally wrapped his arms around her and pulled her body more as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Everyone has their bad side, Baekhyun. It's not your fault that your father... let it took over him." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nods - and she definitely felt it.

"Let's stay like this." Baekhyun whispered and so they stay like that for awhile.

--

Taeyeon end up in Baekhyun's room for the night. Her body is all curled up on his bed, her head leaning agaisnt his chest as both of his arms are wrapped tightly around her waist - so protective, Taeyeon has the night before but she knows that Baekhyun probably just didn't want her to roll over here and there on his bed which will probably also disturb his sleep - and it's not too far from what he initiated, actually.

Somehow, she manage to wake up just at the right time. It was 7 in the morning and because Baekhyun has always left his windows closed by the curtain, it was still dark in the room. Taeyeon tried to shake him off, but after she realizes that he's not even budging at this, the girl knows that he's too deep in his sleep - he's probably going to sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter