hand over.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
hand over. hand o·ver surrender somebody, or give something away to somebody else

“What?” The same word slips up from both Mr. and Mrs. Kim, all at the same time and Taeyeon honestly expect this reaction. She literally drop the words as if it’s nothing, also it seems like the arranged marriage has already planned and decided a few months ago – god, Taeyeon thinks it’s probably decided on Kibum’s birthday last September already, it’s just that it was still a plan and no one knows it’s going to happen for real. Taeyeon actually isn’t that sure about this herself but when Kibum reached out for her hands under the table and squeezes it as a sign of reassurance, she nods, unconsciously.

“I’ll sold my shares to her, and she’ll buy it from me. I… I never really plan to take over the company and after a long time of thinking, I decide to give it over to my step mother. Also, I think my siblings can manage it better than I do.” Taeyeon explained to them and the pair throws a look to each other and then it was Mr. Kim who spoke first. “Did you plan to do all of this by yourself?” He asked her and Taeyeon could only nods her head. Actually, it’s not only her who plans this. Kibum is in this, and so is Baekhyun – even Miyoung put on some input about this regarding to the company’s matter after Baekhyun confront her to ask for her smart brain’s opinion.

“Taeyeon… I think you really should think about it again-” “Mother, she already decided it. She knows what to do, and I’m sure she already thinks about it for a long time.” Kibum cuts the old woman off even before she finished her sentence. He knows for sure where she would go, she’ll probably try to convince Taeyeon not to do it – exaggerating some of what her decisions can cause and says that it’s too risky or how it’s better to just stick with the original plan – but Kibum knows for sure that Taeyeon wants to do this, and this will probably the best solution for this case.

“But making Haera as the largest shareholder, it wouldn’t be advantageous for you, right? If you actually agree on this plan, not only will it be good for the company that your parents have built for years but it will also be good for you.” Mr. Kim tried his best, really. If Taeyeon actually disagree and all the plans they had discussed about won’t go as how it should be, it would probably be a disadvantage for the business. “I know, I know that very well, Mr. Kim.” Taeyeon said after another sigh escaped from her lips, she thought it would be easier than this.

From what she imagine, Taeyeon thought they would agree easily to this, she thought they would think it’s a win-win situation and then help her – but in reality, it seems like the Kims isn’t taking it well. “But I have never been interested in inheriting my father’s business and I think it would be better to just give the whole company to my… my mother. I’m pretty sure our company still can work together very well, I don’t think my plan will block any other opportunities for both of us.” Taeyeon said and Mr. and Mrs. Kim looks at each other, it seems like both of them are at loss of words.

“Taeyeon, we-” “No, just… try to think about this first. I know that if our companies are affiliated with each other, there would be more profit but I’m sure we can manage that for later. Please… just consider this first.” Taeyeon begged and after another silence and a few glances between the couple, they finally sighed in defeat before they turned to Taeyeon and Mrs. Kim showed her a very tiny smile – which is somehow really warm, something that Taeyeon never really seen or felt from the woman.

“Okay, then. We’ll try to consider this but of course, we’ll talk with Haera about this.” Mrs. Kim said and Taeyeon, finally, breaks into a smile as she faces Kibum who also has the same happy expression on his face. Oh my god, finally, she did it. She manages to convince them and somehow her plan is carried out rather well in the beginning.

“Mother, we’ll excuse ourselves then.” Kibum said, his hand reaching out to hold her and Taeyeon could feel him gently squeezing it and she could only smile. The two people across them only nod their head and both Kibum and Taeyeon stood up from their seat, saying something along the line of ‘thank you for the dinner’ and ‘good evening’ before they went out of the house, both with a smile on their face.

“You did it, Tae. You did it.” Kibum said with a proud look plastered across his face and Taeyeon could only laughs happily. Step 1, clear.

--

Byun Baekhyun was tired. Tired of the countless arguments that built up whenever he speaks to his mother, tired of assuring himself, tired of being patient, tired of trying to think that everything will turns out good for him. Because he didn’t see it coming, it will probably never happen. Why can't he be selfish for once in his life? Why is it so hard to get what he wants? Why should he work his off for it when other people could reach their hopes just fine? Baekhyun only wants Taeyeon.

God knows how many times he already said it. Also he knew how easy it should have been but of course, life makes it the otherwise. Tonight dinner was rather empty without the presence of the girl that will usually sit beside him. It's rather gloomy though, or maybe it’s because of the yellow lighting from the chandelier hanging above them.

"I heard Taeyeon is dining with the Kim's." Haera spoke first, after a long silent and Baekhyun only looks up to see his twin, Miyoung throws him a look - one that speaks 'you respond. I knew nothing about it' which is a lie, or so Baekhyun thinks because didn’t Kibum told her anything beforehand? Well, he should have though. But Miyoung doesn't seems surprised at the news, and that could only mean she knew - she just pretend not to. Noticing how silent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter