home.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

home.

home the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household

FINAL CHAPTER

 kindly read my notes at the very end, my readers. 

This year has flowed well. Time seems to slips faster more than anything. Next month, she will be all free from her university business - she will graduate, finally. Taeyeon has taken the economic major. Part of it was Haera's idea, but it's not like she has anything else that she like that much anyway.

All that is ahead of her is the internship. Though it's on her own company, Taeyeon can't help but feel nervous about it. Her mother has stated it out loud for her, no one is going to treat her differently. That only makes her even more nervous. Still, she's thankful to know that at least she's not having it easy. Jobs are really interesting, Baekhyun has said.

Talking about her boyfriend, Baekhyun is once again staying on her new flat from 2 years ago. Due to her old flat being rather far from her university, Taeyeon decided to move out somewhere nearer. Reasons why he's there? No one knows. Not even she knows. But it's not like he wasn't welcomed there.

"Baekhyun," She called out all of a sudden - breaking the silence between them. Baekhyun was sitting on the couch, on her right, intrigued by whatever it is on his cellphone while still dressed up on his work suit. A simple black suit that Taeyeon can't deny of how heart-stealing it was.

"Yes?" He asked back, finally looking up from his phone. He answered with that sweet smile of his - and yes, nothing from his smile changes for the past 5 years. Taeyeon still loved it as much as she loved it 5 years ago.

"Let's fly to Osaka this Wednesday." She suggested. The idea has been on her mind since forever. Well, at least the basic idea of an Osaka trip has been. A certain invitation letter has been sent from the country across them, and there was no way they won't go there to celebrate the certain event.

It has been long since she last visited her certain childhood best friend. Has it been 3 years? Taeyeon can't even remember properly. The guy has facetimed her a lot on a usual basis, but he has gotten pretty busy and so is she with her graduation coming up right in front of her eyes. The situation blocked their usual communication. Sadly.

"Wednesday? What's with being 2 days early? Didn't they held it on Weekend?" The black-haired guy asked before he finally stood up and put his phone away from him. His slender fingers started to undo his button, and tossed it away. For how many times she already see his body, Taeyeon could still feel her face redden at the sight of it.

Baekhyun has changed a lot since the past 5 years. His body is now toned, with abs perfectly built on it. His arms buff, and god, even his cheekbone seems so sharp now. Taeyeon just tried her best not to get distracted while she's ironing.

"I know. But I want to have a free time between the two us." The girl admitted shyly but well, who doesn't want it? She has the next one month all free from any kind of schedule and it will be good to spend a few days on Osaka. The city itself is really pretty and... it might as well be some kind of date between them.

Baekhyun has been really busy since a few months ago - meeting here and there despite working for only 2 years but Taeyeon is not much surprised. Baekhyun is a natural encourager. Whatever he says, your ears would probably pick it up and you will unconsciously agrees to whatever it is. That's why he's on the promotional team. Though Baekhyunhas specially say he will direct all the interns next month - and by that, Taeyeon didn't know if he's joking or not.

"I've been craving for some quality time with you." Taeyeon said, after she put away her iron and turn it off. The guy blushed a little at the mention of 'quality' - typical, very. Kim Baekhyun has always been easily embarrassed even for such subtle things. Taeyeon blames his brain for picking things up the dirty way first before it original meaning.

"I- uh, okay then. We can fly on Wednesday, I think. I would probably stay till late night tomorrow though. Then, we can fly around 12 in the noon. You're fine with that?" Baekhyun asked her. Taeyeon only nods briefly before she stood up and then, throw a dirty look at him.

"Can you seriously put some shirt on? You have lots in my drawer!" Taeyeon shouted and Baekhyun, gave her giggles - for how much he can be easily flustered, he loves it more when she is. And Baekhyun sure knows how to tick it off real quick.

"Why? Isn't my body perfect enough to look at? I've been hitting the gym really hard these days!"

"Oh, shut up and put some shirt on." Taeyeon said, rolling her eyes. Baekhyun went out of the room and was back in less than a minute, with a grey hoodie on his hand - he still yet had to wear it.

"Ok, but seriously, what kind of quality time are we talking about?" Baekhyun asked and though his face remains calm, Taeyeon knows well what he means by that.

"Oh my god, Baek, I'm not saying it the dirty way for God's sake!" Taeyeon shouted at him and Baekhyun chuckles before he finally slips the hoodie over his face before pulling it down to his waist - it hugs his obviously toned body perfectly.

"Hey, I'm only teasing you." He said and Taeyeon once again rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, tease me again and I will kick you out from my flat." For how much Taeyeon loves him, the guy knows that she really means it. Still, Baekhyun laughs it off, and the night ends on a high note.

--

The street of Osaka was very pretty in real life. The grey asphalt was surrounded by lots of buildings - restaurants, gift shops and et cetera. It was night, the sky was almost jet black except for the part where stars shines. It was rather hazy - the sky. But it was a lot clearer than in Seoul, Taeyeon thought.

The shops are decorated with lamps - complimenting the vibrant colors of their walls. Taeyeon thought it's really warming. A lot of people passed by here and there. Crossing roads, turning blocks. But she, and the figure beside her has been going straight for awhile, until all of a sudden they reached the main street. The two were walking along the infamous Dotonbori, and the view surely didn't disappoint them at all.

"I think you are right when you say Osaka is really good for us to have some quality time." Baekhyun said and the girl hummed in response.

"Well, of course, I'm right. I've done a lot of research just for this 2 free days so we could spend it on our very max." Taeyeon said. The night undoubtedly made the streets even more crowded. Taeyeon links her arm to his, safely gripping it so she won't be seperated with him in any kind of way. Baekhyun smiled as he notices it. He pulls her closer. His eyes are over her - carefully looking over and making sure he won't lose her in the admist of the crowded streets.

Their stomach growls and both of them took it as a cue to find a place to eat. The girl can read Japanese - but she can't fully comprehend those words to her mind. Baekhyun was not any better. He might have learn all the basics but it's still hard to think while they walk.

"Do you want to go to that place?" The guy asked, while pointing at a not too crowded place. Taeyeon didn't even have the need to actually read what food it sell as she just drags Baekhyun through the crowd until they're in front of the place.

Turns out, Baekhyun has an eye for picking place to eat, even though Taeyeon is sure that he also didn't know much about the place. The food was great. And the moment she left the place, her stomach was so full - she doesn't even want to walk anymore. They stopped walking after 10 minutes, she complains a lot and he decides to just stop rather than to hear her whining.

Their bodies are leaning into the fence as they stares at the lake in front of them. The cool breeze makes her feel relaxed rather than shivering. Their hands are intertwined, her head is on his shoulder, and everything, everything is perfect.

"Taeyeon-ah, do you have any plan set for your future?" He asked, finally breaking the silence between the two of them. A serious topic to pick. Baekhyun would like to think it was just the fact that it's almost the end of the day as why he decides to question it.

"I... I don't really have one." Taeyeon answered. She looks to her right, glancing at the guy beside her, "Why? Do you maybe have one?"

"Other than having a plan for not getting fired and living my life just like this, I have none." Baekhyun replied. Then it'ssilence again. Taeyeon is sure that there's something he didn't say yet but she chooses to stay quiet and not pressure him to tell her about whatever it was.

"Are you thinking about it?" Taeyeon asked him again. Baekhyun was rather startled. How can she know what he's thinking about? Of course, with the upcoming thing he has been thinking about it. A lot. Baekhyun is still not sure about it though. Isn't it a lot better to just stay like this?

"Yes."

It was a honest reply. He did think about it. How can he not when the topic is right in front of him? How can he not when he is sure that the love of his life is just right beside him?

"You know, I like being just like this." Taeyeon confessed. Baekhyun turns to face her. A reassuring smile spreaded on her lips. "Don't feel burdened, Baek. I will still love you."

Baekhyun almost shed a tear right there, at the infamous street of Osaka all because of those 5 words. But he didn't care much. All he care about is those 5 words. And her, and her.

--

"Hey, sister."

The moment Baekhyun enters the room, he was greeted by the sight of his twin sister. She was perfectly dressed in her white gown, the bridal mask has yet to cover her face. There are a few of her friends that he knew there. Baekhyun passed a smile for each of them. There are also some that he didn't know, Baekhyun assumed them as Miyoung's friends here.

Miyoung was shining so brightly. All of his life, never has he seen his twin like this. She looks so pretty - well, given, since he's also good looking. Her lips are rosy, her cheeks covered in a soft pink blush, her now blond and caramel hair flowed down naturally whilst her bangs are pulled back. In short, she looks so perfect.

"Baekhyun!" She squaled in delight. Her heels - and the gown, of course - are the only thing that stops her from running to him. They hugged. Baekhyun missed her so much. It has a lot to do with being twins probably. He hadn't seen her for awhile - the last time is 6 months ago when he had a business trip to Osaka.

"You look so different, huh." The older one out of the two starts to teased. Miyoung hits him right on his arm, sending pain through his body.

"Of course, I am. You thought I would look like how I usually do when I wake up in the morning? I must have lose my mind if I actually did that." Miyoung said. Both of them chuckles. Looking at the girl right in front of him, a wave of anxiety washed over him.

Baekhyun bites his lower lip out of nervousness. Miyoung, of course, notices it. Duh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter