resolve.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

resolve.

re·solve to come to a firm decision about something, or cause somebody to do this

When Baekhyun woke her up at around 5 AM, Taeyeon has groaned and even hit him right on the face with her elbow as he insisted on waking her up. After around 10 minutes though, Taeyeon finally manage to wake up and after Baekhyun hurried her to have a ‘fast clean up’ the two of them are all ready to go to the beach again to see the sunrise, as planned earlier in the night. “Come on, sleepyhead, we need to get there before it suddenly shines, right?” Baekhyun asked her as Taeyeon muttered a few incoherent words before she followed Baekhyun out of the room.

After making sure it’s already locked, both of them processed to go outside the inn and fortunately, there’s still no sign of light up in the sky but that also means the street are really dark and since it’s morning, it’s pretty chilly. Taeyeon thanks herself for wearing a rather thick jacket but she could see the other boy shivering at the weather. “You’re not going to go back and get your jacket? It’s really cold, Baek.” Taeyeon said pointing at the black tee that he wears but Baekhyun only shook his head.

Taeyeon only sighed before both of them went inside the car and they open the roof just to get the breezy chills on a really early morning. It was probably only 5 minutes for them to arrive at the beach from the inn and when they did, there’s still no sign of light at all. The sky was still cerulean blue, maybe a bit on the teal side but it’s definitely not as yellow as they expected it to be. Even the moon is still visible up in the sky, even though it was rather hazy because of the clouds.

The two of them waited for another 15 minutes and then, the anticipated view comes in their sight and both of them were left stunned at the beauty. The sun rises, from what seems like the end of the ocean steadily and the sky changes it colors all in a matter of seconds and then Taeyeon felt Baekhyun hugging her from behind as he rested his chin on her slender shoulder. “Hey, let’s make a wish.” Baekhyun whispered on her ear and Taeyeon raised her eyebrow, feeling confused – even though she knew that the boy couldn’t see her gesture but she still do it anyway.

“I thought it’s for 11:11?” Taeyeon asked but Baekhyun only shushed her and she rolled her eyes. When she notices that the boy is already silent, Taeyeon finally closed her eyes and then she makes her wish just like what Baekhyun said. Her eyes fluttered open when she felt a pair of lips kissing her skin right on her cheek. “What-” “I love you.” Baekhyun cut her off and Taeyeon could feel her ears turning red at his words but even though she wants to roll her eyes at the very cheesy statement, she found herself replying back to him in a whisper, “I love you too.”

--

It was probably on the middle of the day when both of them decides that they have seen enough of the city and also, Taeyeon once again got a text from Kibum that reminds her of the dinner occasion that will be held tonight. Baekhyun notice how Taeyeon’s smile falters the moment she read it and couldn’t help but also felt pitiful for her. The two of them didn’t really converse about the topic though, mostly because Taeyeon knows it’s uncomfortable to talk about so she only told him that she received a text about it and then that’s it – they didn’t talk about it much longer.

“It’s a really fun trip now that I think about it, isn’t it?” Baekhyun asked her. They’re on his car, of course, on their way back to Seoul after their own little vacation. Taeyeon nods excitedly at his question and then she answered, a smile gracing her face and Baekhyun is trying his best to actually suppress the smile that starts to tug on his lips. “Yup! I mean, I never expect it to be fun especially since all that we do is pretty much sitting on the sand, watching the waves and all but it turns out really well. Oh, and it’s a plus to spend time with you more, Baek.” And he notices how she talks as if she was really happy.

Well, he hopes that she indeed really is happy though. But that would probably be a fake one – maybe, maybe. With all the situations that suffocate him, he’s more than sure she was actually stressed deep inside and the text from Kibum didn’t really help her either. God, all that he wants is for her to be happy but it seems like even granting a wish is hard.

“Baek?” Taeyeon called him out when she finally notices that he was spacing out and then Baekhyun was back to his senses, and that resulted to him almost stepping on the brake abruptly – but fortunately, he didn’t even though the car kind of stops a bit, though it was not as rough as it should have been. Their bodies are thrown to the front a bit, yet luckily the seat belt safely holds them back and they’re all safe on their seat despite of what just happened. Baekhyun’s eyes widened at realization and he quickly turns to her.

“Oh my god, Tae, I’m so, so, sorry! I- I didn’t really focus on the road and, and- wait, are you okay?” Without even him realizing, he was rambling but Taeyeon only cut him off with a simple and soft mutter of ‘I’m okay, Baek, stop rambling’ and that’s when he finally fell into silence as he shut his lips tightly together. It’s also a fortunate thing that the street is really empty and they are probably the only one there because they are yet moving again due to the shock.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter