the routine.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
the routine. rou·tine (ro͞oˈtēn) noun: routine; plural noun: routines   a sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program.

Beep! Beep! God, it’s already morning once again, Taeyeon thought as she heard the alarm rings. She didn’t bother opening her eyes as her eyes travelled toward the surface of the hard wooden desk, trying to reach a hold of the certain thing. Once she found it, she clicks the top of it and the sound stops. Her eyes fluttered open as she groaned at the sight of the white painted ceiling. Looking over at the clock, it was still 5 – school starts around 2 hours later, so it might be a bit questionable of why she should wake up this early, right? The answer is pretty simple; she needs to make the family their breakfasts.

With a loud groan, Taeyeon stand up from her bed, and look into the mirror before she tidies her own looks and tied her jet black hair back into a bun. “This is it, Taeyeon. Another day of being a misery but also… 6 more months until you turn legal which means, yes, you will be out of this house.” Taeyeon said and pointed at her own reflection before she flipped her nonexistent bangs. The girl then quickly grab some clothes before she exits her room and goes to the bathroom to wash up herself and get ready for her school – she still needs to make breakfast later on, so yeah, she needs to be this early.

The whole family seems to have woken up when she has finish washing up. “Taeyeon-ah,” A person called out for her but this time, it’s not her step mother who’s ready to order her around but instead, a gentle voice of a man and she knows so well it’s Baekhyun – the one and only person who actually cares for her, but really, he kind of annoyed her so much at times, and this is one of the times. She turns to him who was standing on the staircase and only towel wrapped around his waist – god, why is he so y at times – and smiling at her. “Want me to help with the breakfast?” He asked her.

Taeyeon knows that he maybe just wanted to help but a part of her thinks that he was actually making fun of her – and she knows it’s childish but it’s probably about the fact that he was that wicked woman’s son but she really hated him, even more than his twins who at least don’t bother her. “You know, I have been practicing some American breakfast and how to make-” “No, thanks. I can make it on my own.” She said and pressed her lips together firmly. Baekhyun didn’t even shows some sign of surprise but only smiled at her, “Okay, then.” He said, before he goes downstairs, leaving her sight.

Sometimes Taeyeon didn’t know if she should be nice to the two harmless step-siblings but whenever the fact that they are related with the certain ‘witch’ – well, at least for her – all of her affection for them was gone in an instant. She only makes a casual breakfast – fry egg and sausages – for the 4 of them, and serves warm tea for the other 3 and cold water for herself. Around 6, everyone already gathers at the dining room – oh, how much she wants to leave at an instant.

Baekhyun sits beside her, as always – he practically runs to the seat – while Miyoung sits across him and her step mother sits beside her beloved daughter. It was an awkward breakfast but the family has put up with it for almost 5 years already, that it means nothing. Taeyeon waits for everyone to dig in their meal, and waits for around 2 minutes before she gulps down all of her water and finishes her breakfast in instant and after, she stands up – as always, ready to leave all of them.

“I have finished my breakfast and I’m going to school now. Thank you for the meal.” She said in a low voice as she nods her head at her step mother – no matter how much she hates her, it was still a manner, and Taeyeon thinks of herself highly and that’s why she did it. The pretty woman raised her eyebrow – even though this happens almost every day – and smirked, “But my dear, we haven’t talked. Sit down and let us talk for a bit.” She said and shows Taeyeon a nasty smile – Taeyeon only smiles back.

“But I think going to school is more important than listening to what you have always told me every morning. Yes, I will go home before 5, and I won’t talk to anyone whatever secrets this household has, and I wouldn’t get myself in trouble, and I will do all the chores perfectly as you want.” She said and there, the woman was speechless. Taeyeon didn’t know if it’s because she was 17 – almost 18 – or if it was because Kibum’s idea to fight back that he told her yesterday but she was taking such risk.

Taeyeon could feel anger builds up in her step mother but she only gave her a bright smile before she bows almost 90 degrees to her and faces her siblings and smile hesitantly at them, “I’ll see you at school.” She said – which was a total lie – before she goes out of the dining room and then, out of the house. Taeyeon smile to herself once she was out, she knows she will get harder things to do later on but it still feels good to talk back at her like that.

The mood in that room was certainly not good though. She clearly saw how Baekhyun wants to talk and back up for her while Miyoung was as shocked as her mother is – even though she swears the older girl was actually smiling at her. She takes out her phone and scrolls through her contacts but before she could make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter