emotion.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

emotion.

e·mo·tion a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with other

Song Haera remembers the first time she met Kihyun – a guy in his 20s, specs on his face and his soft brown hair all over the place – at the dinner occasion. It’s not the best meeting that she ever had but it definitely leaves a memory to her. That time when he offered her a drink for her escape of this world, Haera decided to took all of him into her other world. And that’s how she felt love, and she fell so deeply in it. Kihyun was everything to her, he was always the best guy that she could ever dream of and Haera loved him so much. In such a dark world, Kihyun made her life into a fairy tale she imagined.

But Haera never knew that Kihyun would also be the one to shatter all her imaginations. He treated her as if she was the queen, the main character in the story but all along, she’s not. Her life is not like a fairy tale and neither is Kihyun a prince of hers. And then Haera learned that every person’s life is not easy, it’s all hard and tough – they felt sadness and then happiness, or maybe the other way around. Maybe she was too childish but Haera felt frustrated every time she saw Kihyun. The love of her life turned into her best arch enemy in the story she made by her own hands.

In her eyes, his best mistake is to let her go just like that when she told him she would go away. Unlike Cinderella whose prince chases after her, Kihyun didn’t chase after her. So Haera ran away with her two children, Miyoung and Baekhyun – she ran away as far as she could. Kihyun was a cruel man, and she didn’t want her children to ever be in his arms again – but she knew, she knew that her children wanted to. Baekhyun had once told her about it, and she could only lie about his condition. Kihyun didn’t even try to hold her back, then how could she trust Baekhyun to him? There’s no way.

And then she met Sungjong, a man with a broken heart just like her. He’s a man whose heart is still full of love to someone who is already nowhere to be seen. At first, Haera just wanted to talk with him and when she did, she felt like she’s thrown back by time to the first time she met Kihyun, unless Sungjong is far gentler and somehow her heart felt as if he can be the right guy for her. To think Sungjong already had a daughter didn’t bother her at all. It will be better for her children, anyway. So in the end, they wore their silver rings together and seal their relationship with a contract.

But Sungjong wasn’t able to be there for her for a long time and after a year passed, Haera was left all alone, with 3 children crying at her side at the funeral of the gentle man. That’s probably when Taeyeon, the daughter Sungjong had started to blame her for everything but unknown to the young girl’s mind, Haera was once again heartbroken and the pressure made her minds clouded. That time, Haera cried again and by the time her tears were dry, Haera finally decided to just live her life without searching for her own happiness – because she was scared to felt the sadness again.

And from that time on, Haera decided that being the main character might have been too much for her to take and that’s why she changed. And now, she let Taeyeon be the one in her own story.

--

KNOCK! The sound of the wooden door made Baekhyun startled and he quickly removes his earphones from his ears and jumped down from his bed to open the door. He actually expected a bored Miyoung to show up but instead, it’s the face that he has missed the most – Taeyeon is the one who greet him instead. “Baek, do you… have any black coat?” She asked him with a serious face and Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. Well, now that he saw her from head to toe, she was dressed in all black – black knee length dress with black thighs, and her black ankle boots fitted perfectly in her tiny foot. Baekhyun was seriously in awe with her that he dozes off for a few seconds only staring at her face.

He was snapped back into the reality after he saw her confused face. “Huh? Well, uh, I think I have one but let me search for it.” Baekhyun said and he quickly walks toward his wardrobe and opens it that is full of stacked clothes, all in a messy way. Embarrassed by this, Baekhyun could only smiles sheepishly at her before he motions her to come in his room. She only nods and comes inside his room. The walls are painted sky blue, while the ceiling was painted as if it’s a night sky full of stars – it looks fascinating. The walls are fully decorated with framed pictures, all of it with him in the picture.

There’s one of him playing basketball alone, one with his basketball teammates in both high school and junior high. There are also pictures that his friends took of him, and even there are pictures of him singing on a stage – Taeyeon remembers it from last year’s school ceremony but she had a vague memory of the day. One that catches her eyes are his pictures with Miyoung – they seriously doesn’t look alike at all but it’s really clear how they’re twins in most of the pictures – and also one with a guy that’s unknown to her.

There’s her step mother, Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter