slight adjusment.

Step Brother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

slight adjusment.

slight ad·just·ment plural noun: slight adjustments small amount of a change in someone's behavior of thoughts

“Kim Kibum, I need you to be honest with me. Remember, no lying between best friends.” Taeyeon said on the phone once she finally gets to her room after doing all the house works – cook dinner, wash their clothes and iron it, do the dishes, god, it makes her body feels like it will break anytime soon. Right now, she is calling Kibum, her one and only best friend because of one thing – her job. She was so shocked to know that the manager didn’t cut her salary despite her being late for around an hour. Even if the manager is indeed, a really kind woman, work is still work, isn’t it?

More than that, one of her co-worker, Minseok told her that someone did search for her – or actually, ask if she did works there – and try to talk to their manager. ‘He has jet black hair’, Minseok said and the first person that comes up to her mind is no other than Baekhyun but… could it really be him? The possibility might be endless but the chance for him to be the one is nearly… ridiculous. Because, one, Baekhyun won’t know where she works at and two, would he really waste his time replacing her for an hour? Well, the detention part was his fault but did he really felt that bad?

“Did you come to my work place?” She asked, and a part of her wants him to say ‘yes’ – so she won’t feel that doubted to Baekhyun – but a part of her also wants him to say ‘no’ because she kind of wants it to be Baekhyun. Okay, maybe, Taeyeon was just not in her right mind now for thinking about that. “Nah, I don’t. I’m in hospital right now, you know, checking up my leg.” Kibum said and Taeyeon turns worried at his answer. “Are your legs really okay? Is it that serious?” Taeyeon asked him and Kibum gives her a long silence before replying, “Well, the doctor told me that he will put on a cast.” He answered.

“Anyway, why did you ask about that? I’ve never been to your work place before- I thought I would disturb you if I come there so I don’t.” Kibum said and a weird feeling twinges in her heart. Is it really Baekhyun then? But how did he even know that place – she was more than sure Kibum didn’t because he only save the address and never went there. “No, I- I thought you visit my work place. Since, I’m in detention, and, yeah. Anyway… it doesn’t really matter anymore to me. Get well soon, Kibum and since you injure your legs really badly, I guess I need to take the bus?” Taeyeon asked, feeling a little sad.

“Well… not going to worry about that since I know Baekhyun will let you ride his car so…” Kibum said in a playful tone and Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “Okay, okay. Don’t think about it for now, just you know… get some rest and try to not hurt your legs even more.” Taeyeon said, and Kibum only chuckles, he knows that his best friend has always been worried whenever he got injured no matter how light it is and he knows it for almost like10 years, it’s not new to him that she sounds like the one who’s sick.

“Hey, Taeyeon, if you have any problem or doubts, you can always talk to me about it, right?” Kibum convinces her and she hummed at him – he’s the only person he can trust for now but she couldn’t even told him about what happens today, she’s so doomed.

õ

“Taeyeon-ah, I heard Kibum is admitted into hospital?” Miyoung asked, her eyes reflect her worries and Taeyeon nods her head at the question. “Is he… really okay?” The older between the two asks once again and Taeyeon sighs before she nods again. She was serving the breakfast on the table, putting them on the plates carefully and Miyoung is disturbing her concentration – well, at least it only annoys her. She has always preferred Miyoung more than Baekhyun because of various reasons.

One, Miyoung knows where to stay aside from her problems – it’s probably because she’s a fellow girl, while Baekhyun is the opposite gender and didn’t notice when he needs to stay aside – and then two, Miyoung has always been nice to her with her limit, not too kind but she helps her at times – Taeyeon likes it more because at least, that makes Miyoung looks more normal compared to her twin that is so kind no matter what happens and it sometimes makes Taeyeon feel likes she has debt to him – and also three, Kibum fancies Miyoung a lot – it’s so obvious – and that makes Taeyeon sees her in a new light.

Miyoung is smart, quite independent, and also has a strong façade, and also, she’s absolutely pretty – it makes her jealous at times, really. When she was still a sophomore, Kibum really likes to tell her what happens between him and Miyoung – she doesn’t really cares but she couldn’t say it on Kibum’s face either – and after all, Taeyeon thought the older girl is a really nice human being. Taeyeon didn’t get annoyed as much as before with her after that – while her hatred for Baekhyun remains unchanged.

“Why don’t you just call him if you’re that worried about him?” Taeyeon asked her, looking up from her note book to the girl whose face flushed pink at her words. “I try to but he didn’t answer me.” Miyoung said and Taeyeon raised her eyebrow, “He didn’t answer you?” She asked and the older one nods her head before she take a seat. The breakfast was unusually quiet, Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter